snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 17:46:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]how long has it been since she's seen her home? been in its walls?

decades? months? days?

she can't tell. time has jumbled up memories and reality until she doesn't know where the present starts and the distant memory of galar begins.

and her head feels lighter here, no longer weighed down by a crown and responsibility and children.

she misses their faint warmth, the sickeningly sweet comfort of innocence held in dark red eyes... but they are gone and they were never real.

her body moves on autopilot, exhausted as it slumps onto the plush cushions of her couch. she doesn't bother to even lock the door.

and like clockwork, or a longing she's grown accustomed to in the decades of a memory, her eyes flitter toward the door.

there, they wait...

will he come back? will he leave again?

her unsent letters lay on the coffee table, jumbled pieces of girlish yearning mixed in with constellation maps.

come home. please, just come home.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 15:52:09 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The very idea of reality fluctuated within his own mind. What was real? What did he only imagine?

Through shuddery breaths and heavy shoulders, Felix's first instincts were to ensure his brother's safety. It was done through a lot of confused yelling, muffled sobs, and vice-grips so tight that the boy's yawning had contorted into yelps.

Only after was he free to visit the woman who'd held his thoughts for the last 20 years.

"Illie??"

Like a desperate dog barking for his owner, the admin's voice came howling through the door before any movement could be heard. Then, through a series of thunderous footsteps and metal rattlings, the door was flung open, and he dove straight in.

"Please," his eyes swept the dark stretches of the lilycove apartment, "please tell me you're here."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 3:56:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]at first, it's quiet. too quiet and she feels that spark of hope slowly begin to die in her chest.

and then, it's like the dam of silence bursts and her name is howled out from the door and life floods back in full color.

she lets out a shaky breath. slow, careful, afraid to burst the bubbling realization before it fully settles in.

his footsteps come next. they're familiar, so familiar they produce tears. she furiously swipes them away with one hand, as if the first time they see each other in falsely designed decades shouldn't include her sobbing like a baby.

"felix?"

his name, whispered like a prayer she's grown accustomed to mumbling over the spanning years.

"living room."

and faintly, it sounds like she's laughing. tinkering, light, her usual giggle.

"quieter, please. i'm not hard of hearing yet."

she's no longer twenty years older, withering away as yearning for the very man in her doorway has taken its toll.

she's young, herself, his.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 5:48:01 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The flutter of her laughter is all the ignition he needed. A loud screech scratched the air as his heels kicked into a tight spin, redirecting the weight of his path toward the living room.
[Break][break]
For years he'd spent his nights whisked away in fantasies shared between them and their growing home. From birthdays to holidays, bliss cradled these falsified memories, crafting a lifetime of could be and what-ifs.
[Break][break]
Never would he think those dreams could ever meld with reality.
[Break][break]
"Illie."[Break][break]

Warm, husky, and out of breath, the familiar name drew from his lips with slurred splendor. She was right where he left her; curled up on the couch, hair pooling behind her in a waterfall of melted silver. The softness of her silhouette was maddening in all the best ways.
[Break][break]
Felix took no measure of caution. Sliding forward, clumsy and unrested, his knees meet the ground as he purchased with the small crook of space next to the couch.
[Break][break]
His hand reached for hers.
[Break][break]
"You're here."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 5:56:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he kneels and for a moment, she feels galar's memories closing in around her: a crown, knights, children - all a blur of faces, never the right one... never this one.

her hand closes around his tightly, knuckles white as bone.

"so are you."

gently, she tugs at their connected hands. a smile blossoms quickly, diving into spreading bliss.

"i - you came back."

a statement, no longer a question. hope has been restored and the house feels whole again, as does she.

the ghost of their last encounter still haunts the walls. it exists as its own beast, lingering in shadows she does not wish to indulge and kept to peripheral vision only.

and softly, an admission follows:

"i missed you."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 6:16:34 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Like ice filling the cracks of a rock, her admission filled and shattered his heart. Heavy breaths heaved out his nostrils.
[Break][break]
There was no need for words because his eyes said it all.
[Break][break]
I've missed you too.
[Break][break]
He squeezed her hand once more, reassurance glistening off the plated armor that now only existed as a ghost along his shoulders and chest.
[Break][break]
"I never forgave myself for leaving you."
[Break][break]
He shook his head. So much was lost within those 20 years, and for what? An organization he couldn't give two shits for.
[Break][break]
"I should've known you would be there too," most of the league was, " and I should've gone to you. "

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 6:25:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]twenty long years and all they have to show for it are broken hearts, a distance between them, and no way to overcome it.

she softens at the admission. regret lingers heavy in the air like cigarette smoke.

"it's okay."

it isn't - not really, given the way things had been left, but the alternative is too much to entertain now.

he's here, that's what matters... isn't it?

"it might've not even been possible."

and what would he have found if he did manage to locate her? a happy family with and the beginnings of a mad queen. it's better he didn't, perhaps.

"i'm just glad you made it home in one piece."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 6:38:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I could've tried more."

There was so much he wanted to explain. For all that Illeana knew about him, so much was still concealed by a black veil, untouched.

August. His parents. His past. Conflict resides within him in knots, locking his legs in place whenever movement slipped into question. Could he ever move forward?

"I looked for you everyday. I sent letters. But,"

'it was like you were a ghost. and I was left haunted.'

"It wasn't enough."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 6:45:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]slowly, her lips begin to crease into a frown.

"felix, it's okay."

her voice is soft, tentative. she doesn't want to apply too much pressure, as if stepping too heavy will detonate a landmine.

"there was nothing either of us could have done."

no way to escape the confines of a memory. they had tried and it had failed.

"we're back now. whatever happened in galar doesn't matter."

and yet, she can still feel the distance lingering. the span of twenty years spent without him is not easily forgotten and relearning this feels confusing, heartbreaking.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 7:07:26 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
She was right. Galar didn't matter. And yet, why did he feel this distance between them? It taunts him with memories. With the fragments of his time spent hovering around , warming up close to her, sharing life with her.

Did Illeana commit the same sin? Or, had she barricaded her heart for all those years?

Neither answer were kind with their implications.

"You're right."

Despite his vapid reassurance, frost still traced the ringlets of his eyes.

He held his gaze for a second longer, running through the lulling curvature of her gentle features, the warmth of her glow. It's all committed to memory again - as if the possibility of separation still hung in the air between them.

With a soft puff of air, he leaned forward and nestled his head along her lap, like they'd done time and time again.

The comfort enabled another admission to slip through: "I never want to lose you again."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 7:15:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lifts a hand and settles it softly onto the back of his head, fingers tangling into dark hair like it's all they've ever known.

there is no use in dwelling in the past. she knows this, understands it - even - but something like hesitation still clings to her body. whether it is galar or something else, there's a fragility to their relationship that hadn't quite been there before.

they're no longer made of sturdy steel, but instead crafted from glass.

"you won't."

it's not a promise she can make. life happens, people change, and they grow apart - neither of them are any different in that regard.

her fingers slowly begin to run through his hair, more on autopilot than anything.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 0:29:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Hesitancy and Felix were words marking both night and day, oil and water. Polar opposites that rarely conjoined.
[Break][break]
When it came to Illeana, no difference marked their relationship. There was no one else. There would never be anyone else. From the beginning, she was the only ray of sunlight that could penetrate his internal darkness, and as history tends to repeat itself, she remains his only escape. His one and only breath of life.
[Break][break]
'I love you.'
[Break][break]
The stretch of gentle fingers coaxed his eyes into closing. A comfortable shudder strutted down his spine.
[Break][break]
' I love you.'
[Break][break]
"How much do you remember?"
[Break][break]
Some remember the world, others aren't so cursed.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 0:37:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her fingers are gentle, undoing little knots in dark hair.

"bits and pieces, mostly."

madness. constellations. bright eyed children with her features, her mind, and inky hair. they reminded her of him in a strange sense: his hair and her eyes.

but they were not his. twenty years were spent with another. it leaves her cold, now, if she dwells on it for longer than a passing moment.

"i was a queen, i watched the stars, and i had children to look after."

it's soft, this admittance. she feels something inside break with each word, more for him than herself.

"do you remember much?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 0:55:01 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Galar was a stubborn scar, not yet scabbed, still left a burning red. Knighthood, the kingdom led, , the children, ; none of it could be forgotten.

Twenty painstaking years of vivid memories were lodged against the confines of his brain, drawing rifts between himself and those that knew him.

But the fire still burned between them. It roared, hungry as ever. Did she still feel it's warmth? 

"Not too much," he lied, eyes still closed. "I remember being a knight and fighting off the blight."

A dryness overcame his throat. His brows furrowed.

"I remember searching for you."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
unsteady
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 1:00:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]relief floods and for a moment, she finds the sensation overwhelming... until guilt settles in.

did he move on? did he wait twenty long, agonizing years until they could maybe be together again?

does it hurt him to know she didn't?

"perhaps for the better, then."

she mumbles the concept out like an afterthought. her fingers still in his hair, barely concealing a tremble.

"i'm glad to be back, truthfully. i could not take much more of that place."

the way she talks seems like a shift in conversation - as if she wants to shy away from memories in a false dream and focus on the moment, on the man beneath her fingertips.

it's difficult, though. that much she does realize... whether she wants to or not.