12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateoc
Mateo Cortés
Shoot Your Shot!
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 0:56:05 GMT
Mateo Cortés Avatar
"No way, you guys got an archery range here?!"

This was the first thing Mateo said once he stumbled upon the place on his arrival to Rustboro, and man was he excited. The bow was his life after all. This was Mateo's calling, a place were he could show his mettle in! At least publicly speaking, he wouldn't count his alternate persona in his ability to demonstrate his skill.

He entered the facility the first chance he got, and while he didn't have his weapon with him, the ones the place had would do him well. It was just for fun away. He only needed his own bow when things got serious- like there was a competition he wanted to win. Gotta bring the best of yourself something like that.

For now Mateo borrowed one from the front desk and went to his lane, quick to notch an arrow in and let it fly. It hit just right of the bullseye. He smiled. "Not bad without a warm up." He did need to stretch though. Last thing he wanted was to pull something out of excitement.

So that's what he was doing now, pulling his arm over his chest as he mentally planned his next shot.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Shoot Your Shot!
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 16:29:28 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

Today he was in Rustboro. It wasn’t a place he had visited very often. Having never had much interest in anything the place had to offer. However he had recently become intrigued by the training facility in Rustboro. Specifically the archery range. Though he was unsure why that would be. Why he had taken a sudden interest in the art of archery.
[break][break]
Thinking of it only made his head hurt. So he had just written it off as his interest changing a bit. Because that made perfect sense. People’s interest changed all the time.
[break][break]
Guiding Mirage towards the training facility he headed inside while astride the fox Pokémon. When he got close enough to the archery range he got off his Pokémon and continued the rest of the way on foot. Upon coming across the archery range he was surprised to find someone else. He hadn’t thought that archery was that big of a thing.
[break][break]
Not wanting to startle the older male he announced his presence before speaking. ”I wasn’t expecting anyone else to be here. I just wanted to try my hand a bit of archery,” he explained glancing towards the bows that were set off for everyone to use.
[break][break]
As his gaze came to rest on the bows a sense of déjà vu surged up. ’Weird,’ he thought mentally shaking himself before turning his attention back to the older male.
[break][break]
”Do you know a lot about archery?”[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Sol

Teo, Mattie
He / Him
Twenty-three
October 11
Shalour City, Kalos
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
0 height
0 height
coping's all we can do at this point.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateoc
Mateo Cortés
Shoot Your Shot!
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 4:29:41 GMT
Mateo Cortés Avatar
By the time Mateo finished his stretches and notched another arrow in to aim he heard a voice call for his attention. His eyes remained on the target as he replied. "One sec! Got a good shot ready." He wanted to give all his attention to the stranger, so he had to get rid of the source of his focus first.

So the arrow soared and it hit northwest, a little farther off the centre than the first. Damn. Does he really get distracted that easily?

Oh well! Throwing negativity out the window, he carried his bow over his shoulder and turned to the newcomer with a grin. "Hey! Sorry about that. Between you and me I thought there'd be more people around." Mateo spread his arms wide, gesturing to the space around them. "I mean look at this place! Enough targets and bows to host a whole class and no one's here. Tragic how no one wants to learn how to shoot really." He wiped a fake tear off the corner of his eye, to showcase how much of a loss the art was...

Before he quickly clapped his hands together. "But I'm glad you're interested!" The older man offered a hand to the boy to shake. "Mateo Cortés, Teo for short! I've been trained in archery since I was a kid so I'd say I know a fair deal." Whether his hand was shaken or not, he'd eventually rest them on his hips once the gesture was done. "So what can I do for ya?"

[/b][/blockquote]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Shoot Your Shot!
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 4:55:39 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

If there was one thing Axel had, it was patience. So he was fine waiting until the guy had taken his shot to give him his attention. With curious eyes, he watched as the guy lined up his shot and fired. Even he could tell the shot was a bit off, hitting a little further off-center than intended, and he couldn’t help but wince.
[break][break]
He felt bad just knowing it was his fault. If he hadn’t distracted him, then he would’ve made the shot. He was just about to apologize when the older male turned and started speaking before he could. Upon hearing the older male’s apology, he couldn’t help but give him a perplexed look, wondering why he was apologizing.
[break][break]
"If anyone should be apologizing, it should be me for distracting you," he told the older man. He hadn't meant to disrupt his shot, but the man didn't seem bothered, so he assumed no harm was done. However, he realized he should have thought before announcing his presence and waited until the man was taking a break.
[break][break]
Although he had acknowledged the first part of the man's comment, he only nodded when it came to the second part. As the man continued to talk about the lack of people, he took the opportunity to look around. The man had a point; it seemed like a waste. However, some people might not want to learn about weaponry because they believed it would promote violence.
[break][break]
Before he could fully think things through, he found himself saying, "Perhaps some people think learning how to use a bow promotes violence."
[break][break]
Realizing what he had said, he felt embarrassed. "Not that I think that, but I figure some people would. Sometimes the logic people come up with doesn't make much sense," he said with a small shrug. He hoped his words wouldn't offend the older man.
[break][break]
The older man interrupted his thoughts, and he found himself shaking the man's hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Teo. My name is Absalom, but Axel works just as well," he said awkwardly. He wasn't used to being informal yet, but he had been in Hoenn long enough to know that many adults didn't care about formalities. He was improving, though.
[break][break]
Axel's curiosity was piqued by Teo's experience with archery, and he spoke before thinking it through. "I was wondering if you could teach me some of what you know?"[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ryBLBRTr/IMG-1924.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]