awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dinner date
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 16:30:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's been...different. there are times, when she lingers by the doorframe, that he gets a faraway look in his eyes and then, as he's tucking her into bed, he holds delta closer. it hurts, being the one to bear the burden of what happened, to see it still imprinted on his soul. 

those twenty years are hazy memories. echoes of them have come back, always brushing her with regret and longing. there are times when she misses the comfort of old friends, the names of whom still escape her ( ).

guilt is the most powerful feeling that wells inside her when she thinks hard on their past (future?) and she knows it killed her to have taken him from his daughter. and that it hurt him more. so as much as it hurts, she is glad she is the one to shoulder it.

still, there are moments where she holds him closer, nosing into his neck, and she knows he can feel it too. the mind may forget, she realizes, but the soul does not. her love for him has deepened. 

so there are less anxieties as she readies their flat. they're both clean people and the area doesn't need much maintenance. still, she puts in the effort to set out a candle on the kitchen counter and buys a couple bottles of wine for the night. 

the ingredients are mostly prepped. king still knows his way around the kitchen much better than she does, so mostly she just sits and watches, sometimes getting up to clean the utensils as he uses them. 

"he'll be here in the next thirty," she says, glancing at the clock. "you sure you're okay with this?" a bit late now to ask, but...
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
dinner date
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 1:36:18 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]King's choice of attire clashes with the setting - a buttoned-up blue shirt and black pants with hints of perfume following after him. The extra flare came from the small patch of skin, scarred and pale as they were, that peaked out from the undone two buttons at his collar. A towel was thrown easily over his shoulder and kept in place with one hand while the other was shaking a pot back-and-forth over the stove.
[break][break]
He flashes a fox's smile Freya's way.
[break][break]
"Ye, ye, I'll be fine. We've met 'fore, remember? Only then he was no different than a puff of fart, all smoke 'n the like." He chuckles, more amused at the situation than mocking. He freezes, eyes narrowing in her direction.
[break][break]
"He is more solid now ye? Be weird ta have a breeze blow 'n take 'em away."
[break][break]
He shrugs.
[break]
"We'll be fine."

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
dinner date
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 8:12:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]more solid but not yet whole, alexander arrives punctually with a carefully curated bottle of wine; aged and bittersweet; a perfect pairing.

or, a relic of the past.

the doorbell rings and the seconds that follow it feel as though they've been stretched out to allow his discomfort to simmer. when the door finally opens, however, nothing shows but his usual demeanor.

it is what is expected of him: pleasant, warm, and welcoming.

"freya."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dinner date
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 17:48:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you may not call him a puff of fart over dinner," she chides. her gaze is stern, though king is about the only person able to pull a smile from her when she's trying to be serious. still, the last thing she wants to bring up while he's here is how dead he's been for over a year. 

freya's fingers trail over king's arm. she pinches the small of his back teasingly, admiring - not for the first time - the way his shirt tapers nicely at his hips. 

the doorbell rings. king shrugs and says they'll be fine, and she appreciates him with a kiss on his cheek, before ghosting down the stairs to get alex. 

he's greeted with a freya not seen in a very long time - her braids are simple, allowing more of her starlit hair to tumble over her shoulders. her family's choker with lyune's ball resting inside it is not around her neck; in its place the collared neckline of her sleeveless cream dress. 

there's a brown belt cinched around her waist, its front an intricate leatherwork of dragons' wings. the dress falls neatly around the curves of her hips, stretching just a few inches above her knees. she wears simple sandals and just a touch of make-up around her eyes. their pale gold appears darker against the black eyeliner. 

her smile is radiant, all of her nervousness melting away, as she greets her friend. her eyes drop to the wine, but she doesn't move to take it. she envelops him in a hug instead, gives him a squeeze, and then beckons him to follow her up the stairs. 

"i hope you didn't try to go through the bar first. i forgot to mention the front door." their other entrance through nameless is what she uses most often, as king's usually working the place when he's not out training. 

"king's trying his hand at kalosian food." her lips quirk. as they enter the kitchen, a shiny dratini lounging above the cupboards pokes her head out, tongue forking. curiosity brims in its eyes. 

"king," she says, gesturing, "meet alex. alex, king." and after a moment, "let me get this bottle open..."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
dinner date
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 3:51:40 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]As Freya leaves, King washes his hands. The plane was near-spotless - a byproduct of Freya's nerves. He still gives it a half-assed once over anyways.
[Break][break]
The door swinging open signals his cue. He approaches with an easy grin, lips parted to one side.
[Break][break]
"It's been a minute fer sure." He reaches out to shake the other man's hand. "Make yerself comfortable."
[break][break] He nudges his head to the dining room, and the living room; a choice of either at a bare minimum. He brings the wine back with him to the kitchen.[break][break]
"Ye allergic ta pasta? Hope not."

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 8:43:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the embrace fleets and before he knows it he finds himself in the supposed comfort of their home; a home where he is nothing more than a guest; or a friend at most.

shaking the man's hand would have had him rolling over in his grave but here he is, greeting freya's counterpart with a nod and a smile.

"it has been a while; months, if i recall correctly; but you look well, king."

happier, even.

as the two disappear into the kitchen, alexander drifts to the dining room, taking up a seat by the table. curiosity has him watching the two, observing the way they interact with each other.

he shakes his head at king's question.

"i hear you're a wonderful chef. do you cook often?"
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 18:56:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's stooped over the counter, two drawers pulled. did they bring the wine opener down to the bar again? her gaze flickers up to see the two with clasped hands and she pauses. feels a lump in her throat and swallows past it, returning to the task at hand. 

but king plucks the bottle from her when her search reaches no fruition. her nose wrinkles as he finds the damn thing easily. 

alex drifts over to the dining table, affording them the means to chat without getting in king's way. she skirts around king while he tends to the stovetop, fingers brushing his back to show she's behind him as she reaches around him for three wine glasses.

at alex's question, she smiles teasingly at king. "i may have talked you up a bit, by the way." 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 11:07:59 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Alex plays the role of a polite guest well. He shows little emotion here, no different than King's run in with the then-dead-man. A thought that was strange, and all too alien. He was dead then; now he wasn't.
[break] [break]
"I get by," he says, eyes not leaving his own preparations. They were having something of a stir-fry, spices heavy through the small apartment. King wasn't one of those 'salt only' type of guys.
[break] [break]
He taps his fingers against Freya, acknowledging her comment quietly.
[break] [break]
"She's exaggeratin' of course. I'm no Masterchef."
[break] [break]
He reaches into the cupboard to remove three bowls.
[break] [break]
"Wine's cheap, nothin' fancy, but it should do fine." Food makes its way into the bowls, a healthy spread of fibers, proteins, and grains.
[break] [break]
Finally, he finishes.
[break] [break]
"Well, let's hope ye all like it."
[break]

notes

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:42:33 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]it's a discomfort unlike any other. death had been quick and relatively painless as far as he could remember where this is slow and excruciating. and yet he finds himself unwilling to step away.

instead, he finds himself at the dining table eating food made by a man he would not have hesitated to arrest.

after a moment of silence, he speaks up again.

"i don't think i've ever heard the story of how you two met."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 23:41:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

king goes about setting the table and getting the plates together. freya takes it upon herself to reach for the bottle and start pouring their glasses. she sets alex's glass in front of him and does a small toast with her own, smiling gratefully as he makes casual conversation. 

he's uncomfortable. that much she can sense. but he's trying

it's by all means a fair question, but she wishes he hadn't asked it while she were taking a sip. the wine catches, sputters, and she coughs into the back of her hand as she hastily sets the glass back down. 

her cheeks redden. she wonders, briefly, if king remembers his rough, unwarranted kiss after he called her pathetic. certainly he remembers punching her hard enough in the head to knock her out. 

she tries to say in a fighting ring, right here at nameless, but the dry red and the cough make the sentence come out an awkward croak instead. she reaches for her water and looks to king.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 1:09:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Mm." He hums an amused tone alongside Freya's sputtering, fingers tapping idly away at the table as he savors the memory.[break] [break]

"It's quite a romantic story if ye'd believe. She came ta my place, gave me a grand confession, we kissed, and I punched 'er in the face."
[break] [break]
He holds the bottle up for Freya, smiling widely.
[break] [break]
"More wine sweetie?"
[break]

notes

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 14:43:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]she's awkward and he can feel it. briefly, he wonders if she can feel his awkwardness, too, but the thought fleets at the reveal.

"i'm sorry, you punched her?"

he's not sure how to react except to chuckle as he tilts his head to look at freya. a look of amusement washes over him, playful.

"and you just let him? that sounds very unlike you."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,631 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dinner date
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 16:03:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

if alex knew, he'd have far more objections about the kiss. king's doctored version of the night is mostly accurate, save she could have sworn she got a punch or two in that night as well. 

"i had my reasons," she says with a huff, forking a modest bit of pasta into her mouth and pointedly ignoring king's jape by offering her more wine. he hit me so hard, tapu fini's mist got knocked out of me, isn't something she really wants to say, even if it's true. her actions under fernando's influence aren't fit for casual dinner talk.

"and there was no grand confession." she waves her fork. "i wanted someone to teach me how to fight in close quarters and heard about king wayland being a real piece of work." her lips quirk.

she looks to king. "what did i call you? repugnant?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,384 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
dinner date
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 23:15:32 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Yes dear, but it was the look in yer eye that spoke volumes." He's less refined than the others as he forks in a bundle of food, though, he has the decency to chew with his mouth closed.
[break] [break]
He turns an amused grin onto Alexander, shoulders hunched and head low as if he was going to eat straight from the plate.
[break] [break]
"Think she could take ye?"

notes

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
dinner date
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 8:28:49 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]surely there are more ideal candidates to learn close quarters from. even within the league, he can think of a few names that are better suited than .

"me? oh, certainly. i'm not much of a fighter myself."

he admits.

"but i think she could hold her own against anyone."