electric boogaloo

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 7:49:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Summer really was her element. It's why she had been so thrilled when the safari zone reopened and an influx of Pichu and Elekid and Mareep had shown up. She absolutely adored babies and baby Pokemon, so there was no way in hell she was missing out on an opportunity like this.

After a brief but cheery greeting with the safari zone guide, she followed him eagerly into the front entrance of the park. For a long time she simply reveled in its beauty, completely blindsided and oblivious to what was going on around her and what he was saying.

'Did you hear me, little lady? Three pokeballs. Once you're out, I come and fetch you and it's time to leave. Be careful out there though.'

Avery laughs as she tucks bright pink hair behind her ear. The wind has picked up, but there's such a lovely smell of flowers that she just doesn't mind.

"I'll be careful, don't worry! I'll be back soon, promise."

Munchlax and Riolu would look up expectantly at her, eager to get going. They had plenty of sights to see and a herd of Mareep to follow.

@safari
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 17:57:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD JOLTIK APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
3/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING.

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / compound eyes[break]
electro web / discharge / sucker punch / lunge / signal beam
[break][break]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 22:44:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery chattered away absently to her Pokemon, occasionally coaxing Munchlax back to her side whenever he would wander off after a particularly sweet scent. He had a one-track mind, that one.

"Stay with me, Munchlax! I don't want you getting lost. Don't worry, I brought supplies for a picnic if need be."

She began to duck beneath the low hanging branches of a tree, wiping away leaves and sticky sap.

Wait, that wasn't sap! Avery startles, stumbling backwards just as a fuzzy yellow Pokemon lunges at her from its web in the tree. She shrieks in surprise and swats at her face, dislodging the creature from its hold on her face.

It swung clumsily from side to side, appearing equally stunned at the turn of events and at the fact she had the audacity to waltz into her domain and then slap at her as if she were the one in the wrong. She was only defending her small bit of territory!

Taking a deep breath and laughing now after having calmed herself, Avery peers at the tiny spider, a pleasant smile on her face.

"Why hello there, you're kind of cute and surprising, aren't you?"

Tucking a dislodged strand of hair behind her ear, she would lean her head in to observe her attacker.

Riolu was not at all pleased with the Joltiks surprise attack, and was presently glaring at the thing with his arms crossed. Joltik, unhappy that she was being interrogated with the fighting types eyes, would zap him with discharge.

With a yelp from Riolu and a squeal of surprise from Avery, the girl would take a step back and Riolu a step forward. The two would engage in a brief tussle that was cut short only by Avery throwing an empty pokeball at the Joltik.

Upset that he wasn't able to finish the fight, Riolu would look up at Avery and pout.

"I'm sorry, buddy! But you know how I feel about fighting. I didn't want either of you to get hurt. C'mon, let's keep moving. I'm sure we'll find much friendlier Pokemon eventually."

CAPTURE ATTEMPT ON JOLTIK

@safari
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 1:28:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT JOLTIK!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / compound eyes[break]
electro web / discharge / sucker punch / lunge / signal beam
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ELEKID APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
2/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING.

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / vital spirit[break]
thunder punch / screech / ice punch / thunderbolt / low kick
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 20:35:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The trio continued on for a few more minutes, more than content to just admire the scenery and enjoy the good weather. With the sun beating down on their backs so harshly, it didn't take Avery long to reel in her young companions.

They were thankful too, falling down onto their bums to relax against a tree and enjoy some down time. Riolu was almost instantly asleep, head tilted down and arms crossed over his chest.

Avery busied herself with setting out the picnic mat, a tattered old thing with patches to cover up holes and nasty old stains from years of abuse. She was just reaching into her insulated bag of goodies when Munchlax took off in another direction, squealing with joy.

"Munchlax? Hey, wait a second! Munchlax where are you going?"

Startled by his sudden burst of energy, Avery would trip over the edge of the mat she had tied down, stumbling and bracing herself against a tree before chasing after the eager little baby. When she finally reached him, she found him fawning all over a wild Elekid who seemed incredibly spooked and displeased.

"That's a stranger, hun. That isn't our friend Elekid, this is someone new. C'mon, let's leave him alone, we don't wanna bother him, okay?"

She expressed her apologies to the prickly little man, who seemed about ready to sock his friendly attacked with a thunder punch. She tossed him a berry, whispering more apologies before ushering her own little man back to have some food and a nap.

PASSING ELEKID

@safari
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 3:08:20 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MAREEP APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
2/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING.

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / plus[break]
thunder / light screen / power gem / confuse ray / heal bell
[break][break]
[googlefont=Montserrat]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 1:38:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery figured it wouldn't take long for the more friendly or hungry wild Pokemon to start poking around. No sooner had she finished feeding Munchlax and putting him down for a nap did she find a timid little face peek out from a row of bushes.

The doe-like eyes scanned the area nervously and carefully, and, upon finding no one super threatening, she proceeded to slowly step through the brush and make her presence known. For a long time, the little Mareep stayed quiet as she made her way around the picnic are the woman had set out.

She didn't dare draw closer, merely kept a safe distance away. And Avery, knowing better, especially after being so harshly scolded by @inari on the beach not that long ago, minded her own business.

Riolu, of course, still on edge by the recent Trubbish attack, held one eye open as he watched the wild Pokemon circle the perimeter.

After several minutes of this awkward stand still, the Mareep would slowly begin to sniff forward, her tail swinging from side to side as she became more and more enticed by the sweet smell of food.

"It's okay, sweet thing. I have plenty to share if you'd like to come join us. We don't bite, I promise."

With one hand, Avery held out another berry much akin to the one she had given the Elekid. The Mareep froze, unsure what to make of this. Several eyes peered from behind the bush as more Mareep began to creep in, clearly interested in what was going on.

Thankfully, they all remained farther away, unwilling to separate from familiarity and safety. The baby in front of her soon melted into her arms, literally. Apparently Avery had found the Pokemon's favourite treat on the first try.

Even after the rest of the herd disappeared, the bashful little Mareep remained asleep in Avery's lap, content.

CATCHING MAREEP

@safari
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 4:18:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT MAREEP!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT A SLEEPY BABY!!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / plus[break]
thunder / light screen / power gem / confuse ray / heal bell
[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD JOLTIK APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING.

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / compound eyes[break]
bug buzz / electroweb / rock climb / agility / fury cutter
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 15:19:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery's eyes were just drifting closed when something tickled her hand. She had been leaning on it heavily, propping herself up with one arm while brushing her other hand through the Mareep's wool.

Now, however, through half-lidded eyes, she spotted another creepy crawly. To be fair, she thought they were quite adorable because of their furry bodies, but they were not adorable when sneaking up on you.

With a squeal, she'd retract her hand and, in doing so, toss the Joltik into the bushes. A very loud BUG BUZZ would sound, and Avery and her Pokemon would jump to their feet and hooves in bewilderment.

Several more Joltik would show up, clearly upset that they had been so rudely woken up, and would attempt to attack Avery and her companions.

In a rushed attempt to escape, Avery and Riolu would carry an end of the picnic mat and supplies, doing their best to not leave anything behind while they ran.

Mareep would fire off a confuse ray using the end of her tail, effectively stopping several irritated young spiders.

"My goodness! The Pokemon here are quite jumpy it seems."

Breathless, she would stop to organize her thoughts and fold up the mat to put away.

"I guess our little power nap is over, which is a shame. But that's okay because we definitely do have more exploring to do!"

PASSING JOLTIK

@safari
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 20:05:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HELIOPTILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / solar power[break]
parabolic charge / thunder wave / volt switch / bulldoze / glare
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 0:24:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery continued to babble on, eagerly continuing a conversation about nothing that her Pokemon really couldn't participate in because for one thing, she was way too busy answering herself for them to even bother trying to interject.

Thankfully, none of them seemed at all perturbed by this, and instead would keep wandering after her happily. Every once in a while Mareep would stray too far, as if ready to go back and rejoin her herd, or simply to investigate. For some reason she had most happily joined Avery's crew without a hitch.

The four of them were stopped very abruptly as a Helipotile walked across their path. After a moment of bated breath in which Avery literally held her breath waiting for the little creature to continue, Avery would quickly resume talking about nothing.

"So.. yeah! Let's make some cupcakes tomorrow for tomorrows visitors. I'm still stuck on whether we should stick to plain old vanilla batter or chocolate.. or if we should go wild and throw a little fresh-picked strawberries and stuff into the mix. What do you guys think?"

Munchlax's mouth would water just at the mention of food, and Avery would laugh, shaking her head.

"Of course, you don't care either way, do you Munchlax? Strawberry cupcakes it is!"

PASSING HELIOPTILE

@safari
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,881 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 1:11:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PICHU APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/3 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / static[break]
nasty plot / thunder wave / thunder punch / slam / wild charge
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
electric boogaloo
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 16:27:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Munchlax would stop Avery, tugging on her pant leg and giving her the puppy-dog eyes. She had had the nerve to bring up a conversation about food without giving him a treat to sate his endless hunger. How dare she!

Laughing, Avery reaches into her bag to bring out an apple. Munchlax hops up and down on his heavy feet, arms outstretched and eyes wide with excitement.

"Okay, but you have to say please!"

Whining, but finally relenting long enough to make some sort of mumble that probably meant 'please', Avery would hand down the apple. With her hungry beast satisfied for the time being, they could continue on their walk in peace.

Or, it was peaceful until a very mischievous Pichu appeared. It had also found interest in the apple she had offered the normal-type Pokemon, and insisted that he needed a bite of it as well.

"I have plenty more!"

Unfortunately, Pichu wasn't interested in having his own apple, he'd much rather have the one Munchlax had.

The pair would get into a tussle, both of their hands on the poor apple that eventually split itself down the middle and sprayed juice everywhere.

Pichu tumbles back in surprise, squealing, and Munchlax glares at him with hot anger.

"Now, now. Both of you cut that out! We're not here to be picking fights, just cool it!"

Empty pokeball in hand, she would throw it at the Pichu and turn back to scold her own Pokemon.

"I'm catching him so I can put you two together again and teach you both some manners. Now, let's get back to the lovely old man and tell him we had a lovely time, alright?"

CATCHING PICHU

@safari
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O