april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
and in this hell you'll stay
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 23:55:28 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

nighttime is her only refuge. [break][break]

the children are asleep and the calls have stopped. it's the only time in the day where she has the peace and quiet to finish up the rest of her work, or to start brainstorming ideas for future projects. is this necessary? no, absolutely not - especially when she's sacrificed sleep in the name of work. [break][break]

but work doesn't finish itself when you're asleep, and sheba is fully aware of this. she's a hypocrite who sends her children to sleep and emphasizes the importance, only to spend another day without a wink and some coffee to her name. they don't normally notice, she doesn't think, when she sends them off to school with their driver. [break][break]

little does she know, her children are smarter than she thinks. it's the stroke of midnight and sheba is in her office, fingers combing through brunette locks and a wrinkle between her brows. then the doorbell rings. [break][break]

she wasn't supposed to have any visitors today, was she? certainly no appointment at midnight, and she couldn't have someone else get the door. so, reluctantly, she moves several paces down the hallways to the door to find... someone very familiar. [break][break]

"callaghan?" she makes a poor attempt to hide the surprise "what are you doing here so late?" [break][break]

"i didn't schedule an appointment this late at night."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@virgil
[break]

NOTES

mission: slumber party

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sheba]--accent:#e25822;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sheba]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 1:55:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
With half of his cigarette already gone from the walk down the street, he seemed a little disappointed he had to put it out sooner than he anticipated. Virgil dropped the half-finished stick and stomped out the cherry before he smoothed out the front of his button-down and looked Sheba up and down. He could see the way her eyes had sunken in, how her body seemed fatigued -- she hadn't been sleeping well again, had she? He turned his head to blow the remainder of the smoke out that still lingered in his lungs and then turned back to her with a gruff yet tired vocalization of his own.

"Wotcher," he greeted. "Your kids called. Said you weren't sleeping right and that if you weren't sleeping, they couldn't sleep."

Since he was their primary doctor, he couldn't let his patients go without sleep. Ergo, he was stuck treating the problem in itself. Although he hadn't been invited in, he'd visited often enough that entry to the home became somewhat second nature to him. He placed his bag down beside the door and carefully hung his coat up. As customary with the Inoue household, Virgil slipped off his loafers and carefully placed them beside his bag.

"So what is keeping you from sleeping? Nightmares? Insomnia? Something interrupting your Circadian Rhythm?" Virgil questioned as he began to search through his bag.

He had plenty of things to help: chamomile he could prepare for her, sleeping pills she could try at her leisure, and chloroform if she decided she wasn't going down without a fight. Thankfully that bottle lacked a proper label. For now, he figured it best to try and treat her sleep issues with some tea. It always seemed to help him. Eyes narrowed as he heard the creak on the stairway as he turned to see two familiar faces peering down at the pair. Eyes narrowed at them as if he warned them it was better to go upstairs and allow him to deal with such.

"Can I treat you to some tea? I don't think I need to tell you how important it is to get your rest, Miss Inoue. You're not a child."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 2:07:16 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

she stares. dumbfounded, really. [break][break]

yes, this isn't the first time he's been at her house. yes, this isn't the first time he's been called because of her own lack of sleep and, yes, this isn't the first time he's let himself in without a damn to give. she's starting to think that he's gotten too comfortable in her home, especially with how he carries himself so nonchalantly. [break][break]

it's too late to stop him when he enters her home. just when she thought that her headache could finally subside, another one comes at her door and tries to get her to rest. wonderful. [break][break]

"callaghan," she starts, a heavy sigh leaving her lips. her hand raises to gently pinch and rub the bridge of her wrinkled nose "i appreciate the gesture, but i assure you i am perfectly alright." amber eyes glance up the stairs, and a stray lock of jet black leaves a trail when the pair of eyes turn to hide. [break][break]

she never means to be pushy, but she will be, knowing how stubborn this one can be. so in response, she attempts to step in front of the galarian man's path. her fingers rest against his chest in an attempt to stop his stride. "i'm fine, thank you. i'll head to bed soon."[break][break]

she lies.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sheba]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 2:51:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Will you?"

He questioned the lie quite blatantly. Doubt came in a scowl as he stared down at the brunette. For now, he backed off. It seemed the tea was out of the question which was a shame in itself. Virgil knelt down and placed the box of chamomile back into his bag and hoisted it up once more. He had a few more tricks to try, but for now, he challenged the CEO as he spoke fluidly.

"Then you won't mind if I stay the night to monitor your sleep pattern so I can assess what the issue may be," he insisted.

It seemed crass to push the issue as he had, but he didn't want to allow her kids to worry any more than they already had for her well being. Virgil took it upon himself to nudge his head towards the stairs so the pair could make their way up. Given he wasn't as familiar with the upstairs, he allowed Sheba to take the lead. He'd packed plenty of things, the only thing he didn't pack was a set of pajamas. But he had no plans to sleep himself. This was merely a sleep study.

"If you can't sleep naturally, I do have some things that might help. I just need to make sure that you're comfortable with whatever steps might be necessary."

It was offered so cavalierly that he doubt she'd notice that the methods might have been questionable.

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 4:28:14 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

"yes, i wi-- hey!" [break][break]

he walks in anyways, like he owns the god damn house. there's something about the way he walks that's so infuriating, and she'll insist that it isn't the lack of sleep that's been tugging at her irritation. "excuse me?" she starts, still helplessly following behind a man as he makes his way to the staircase. [break][break]

"i would very much mind! you can't just--" she stammers, slightly, once her fingers reach the wooden railing at the bottom of the case. "just-- just--..!" she's about to blow a fuse when she takes a deep breath to gather herself, and her words, while pinching the bridge of her nose a second time tonight. [break][break]

now she's helpless, and though she already knows the answer, she prays for a different answer when she asks. [break][break]

"you won't take no for an answer, will you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 20:41:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Virgil turned to glance back at Sheba with an exasperated expression. She should have known the answer by now.

"No."

He made it short, simple, and sweet. Part of him wanted to chuckle at how Sheba stormed after him. As if warning her, he rose a finger to his lips in an attempt to quiet her down. If she were any louder, she might run the risk of waking the kids up who were supposed to be asleep. (He paused and stared directly at the slightly ajar bedroom door and gave a light shake of his head when he saw two sets of eyes that peered out from beyond the crack.)

"Unlike you, your children are trying to sleep," he partially teased, partially chided.

Virgil turned to face Sheba and folded his arms. His bag hung loosely at his side as he waited for her to join him. For her sake, work could simply wait a tick. A yawn fought itself out of his mouth as he turned his head just a bit. Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes. He himself was exhausted, but patient health always came first.

"Hop to it, or I'll drag you to bed myself."

A bold proclamation, but it wasn't the first time he'd done such a thing to anyone.

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
24 height
24 height
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 4:17:23 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

no--[break][break]

sheba can barely believe her ears, and can barely believe the audacity of.. a doctor that she, herself hired, for her children. his only saving grace is the instinctive hesitation seeing his hushing gesture, but the mother already knows that the children aren't asleep - after all, they wouldn't have been able to call him otherwise. what surprises her is how they were able to get to the phone without her noticing. [break][break]

even if it wasn't much of a challenge. [break][break]

the same children eyed, quietly from behind the darkness of a bedroom's ajar door. it wasn't the first time they've seen their mother acting like this, but it was always amusing to the elder twin. it was one of the few times their mother, a stone statue that stood tall, collapsed into rubble. [break][break]

on the other hand, sheba sighs softly. she should have known the answer, but she asked anyways. she hoped that it would have changed. [break][break]

so she groans, fingers to her forehead before they lower to gently pinch the bridge of her nose. "fine." she sighs, leading herself and him up the stairs and to a door just a little ways down the hall of her large villa. it's surprisingly close, only because she knows she can't bear to sleep too far away from the children. [break][break]

"surely, you don't plan to actually stay the night." a quirked brow asks it all, and coupled with her tone of voice, one could pick out the slight concern.[break][break]

"... do you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] insomnia
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 17:30:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"If it means making sure you sleep through the night, then yes," he admitted.

It was bad enough he had to take care of two kids in his clinic, he didn't need a third. But with the way Sheba continued to act, he imagined that was the path he'd be subjected to. He raised a hand to the bridge of his nose and gave it a frustrated pinch. His bag once more met the floor as he knelt down to dig out a bottle of pills. The label read Zaleplon, a medicine known for its insomnia treatment. It only made sense that Virgil chose to bring such a thing along.

"Get yourself some water and give this a try," he insisted. "I've got a last ditch effort for you to get to sleep, but I don't think you'll like it as much as a sleeping pill."

Was that a threat? Not necessarily, but more or less an attempt to reassure her that he was there to help her. Virgil remained standing in the bedroom, not quite ready to have a seat. He took note of how the room seemed to suggest that two people had once stayed in it. Not that he opted to grill Sheba on her personal life. Brown eyes briefly caught sight of a picture with Sheba and a dark haired man whom Huxley favored a great deal. Not that his eyes lingered on the photo for long -- he figured at best, the man in the photo must have been the twin's father. But Virgil knew well not to overstep boundaries.

To break the awkward silence, he gave an impatient shake of the pill bottle.