he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
Timendi causa est nescire. Ignorance is the cause of fear.
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:38:17 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien was composing an email when his cell phone buzzed. Still thinking about the precise sentence he wanted to write, he absently glanced at the notification. The logo for the AmiGo app caught his attention first, followed by the name on the banner when he did a double take.[break][break]

swiped right on your profile! Start a conversation in DMs.
[break]

Julien raised an eyebrow at the timing. It was the middle of the afternoon, just past two o'clock. As far as he was aware, Mari had finished her lunch break and was hard at work at the desk just outside his office.[break][break]

He considered his options. He could ignore the notification; after all, she was his direct employee, and it wouldn't be proper to DM her on a dating app from his office. On the other hand, she was his direct employee. What was she doing on a dating app during work hours?[break][break]

Julien opened the app.[break][break]

"wait I MEANT TO SWIPE LEFT AHH WAIT MR DEMASSIEUX DELETE THIS"
[break]

He blinked at the message Mari had written, then chuckled. He couldn't imagine a more fitting scenario for the poor girl. And for a second, he did consider abiding by her wishes and deleting the conversation.[break][break]

But then the part of him that had tricked her in the cafeteria took over. He tapped out a quick reply and sent it.[break][break]

"Would you like to come in my office, Miss Beaufort?"
[break]

There was just enough innuendo in his message for someone ill-minded to misconstrue it, but he could also refute such a claim should anyone confront him about it. Either way, he guessed Mari would take it at face value.[break][break]

Julien put down his phone and returned to his email, waiting to see if—and how—she would respond.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".julien2"]--accent:#BBD1EA;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 21:56:31 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

Mari wasn't exactly sure why she was swiping on the app, but after seeing use it, she had felt a sudden urge to find the other girl on the app. And then there were so many other girls here too — each and every one of them had her cheeks lighting up with a fierce blush.

[break][break] There was even someone that looked like Michaelis. She was so stunned at the image that her fingers swiped too quickly against the next profile, eyes widening as she realized who she'd swiped on.

[break][break] Oh no.

[break][break] Her fingers were a flurry of movement against her phone, attempting to badly remedy her mistake. This was like the coffee shop and cafeteria all over again. Nononono -

[break]
"Would you like to come in my office, Miss Beaufort?"

She squeaked at the sudden ping. The secretary stared down at the message, almost unable to believe her awful, terrible, no-good luck. Swallowing thickly, Mari forced herself upright and over to his office. The door creaked like a mouse and she peeked around the edge. Her ankles clicked together as she stood at the entrance to his office, not willing to cross the threshold.

[break][break] "Y-Yes Mr. Demassieux? Is there something you needed?"

[break][break] Her cheeks were a bright red, trying desperately to pretend like everything was normal. Like he hadn't just caught her swiping on a dating app in the middle of the work day.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#d7d0f2; } .mari { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mari b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mari .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#d7d0f2;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 23:20:13 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien raised his eyes to the door when he heard it squeak open. Mari stood in the threshold, embarrassment coloring her features a bright, blushing red. Suppressing a chuckle, he crooked his finger at her, beckoning her to his desk.[break][break]

"Have a seat," he said, keeping his tone even and mild as he gestured to the chair on the opposite side of his desk, the one used by guests and visitors.[break][break]

Once she was seated, he showed her his phone, which had their AmiGo app conversation on the screen.[break][break]

"What's this about, Mari?" he asked. The corner of his mouth turned up in the ghost of a smirk.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".julien2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 6:23:58 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

She wanted to pretend everything was normal, and she thought she could, until breaks her.

[break][break] She sits down, and he shows his phone.

[break][break] If at all possible, her face reddens further.

[break][break] "Wh - I - !" She stutters, flustered for words. Her fingers clutch at her miniskirt and she makes an effort to bow in mortification, but accidentally hits herself against the sharp edge of the desk. A bruise blooms, and she rubs it.

[break][break] "I - I'm so sorry, sir. I - a friend recommended it. B-But it'll never happen again!"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".mari"]--accent:#d7d0f2; } .mari { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mari b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mari .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mari .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#d7d0f2;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 15:05:39 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien refrained from chuckling; it would have only embarrassed Mari further. But he did continue to smile with amusement, even as he put his phone back down onto his desk.[break][break]

"Try to focus on work during work hours, hmm?" he said, tone still light to counter the reprimand. Ultimately, Mari had made a small infraction. Nothing to get angry about. "We don't pay you to play on your phone."[break][break]

He swiveled his chair back toward his laptop, intent on getting back to his work. It was signal enough for his assistant to return to her own desk and resume her duties.[break][break]

But then he paused, his fingers poised over his keyboard.[break][break]

Julien regarded the girl closely. "Mari, if you like, you can accompany me to dinner tonight. I know you've been working late hours recently, and I want to express my gratitude. It will be my treat."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 19:41:15 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

She flinched.

[break][break] 'He's right,' Mari thought miserably.

[break][break] She hadn't intended for it to happen. But had sent her a text, and then she'd gotten that ping on her phone, and she had just been so curious to know who she'd matched with. She hadn't thought it was a big of a deal - at the time - but now she was mortified to know that she could've just saved herself from this mortifying experience in pure hindsight.

[break][break] "I-I'm sorry, sir!" Her head dipped in apology, cheeks flushed, as she waited for his command to allow her to return to her desk. Instead, however, he said something else.

[break][break] "D-D-dinner?!" she squeaked, unable to hide the shock from her voice. Her cheeks flared with bright-pink color once more, before she cleared her throat.

[break][break] 'Ohgodohgodohgod.'

[break][break] "I - It would be my pleasure, sir."

[break][break] What else was she supposed to say?!

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 14:23:29 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Several hours later, Julien locked up his files in his briefcase and logged off his computer. Soft, golden rays of the setting sun streamed through the windows of his office. Summer in Hoenn meant that sunset happened quite late in the evening, confirmed by a quick check of his watch.[break][break]

Almost 8:00 pm. His stomach rumbled in protest.[break][break]

Julien exited his office, the door closing behind him with a soft click. sat at her desk, waiting for him. Surprise flitted through him, albeit briefly; though she'd agreed to go to dinner, a part of him had wondered if she'd actually go.[break][break]

"My apologies for making you wait," he said to her, the smile on his lips not even the slightest bit apologetic. "We'll take my car to the restaurant."[break][break]

Though their destination wasn't far, he drove, allowing Mari to sit in the front passenger seat alongside him. The valet opened the door for her when they arrived, then took Julien's keys and car away to park it for him.[break][break]

"This is the Sonnora, and they specialize in classic Kalosian cuisine," he told Mari as they ascended the short steps to the front door.[break][break]

Inside, the restaurant exuded luxury without excess. Dimmed lighting offered a more intimate atmosphere for dinner patrons. A host led Julien and Mari to a small but comfortable two-person table by a large window overlooking Ever Grande City, the curtains pulled back so they could admire the sunset view.[break][break]

Julien pulled out Mari's seat for her, then took his own at the other side of the table. "We'll do the prix fixe menu," he said to the waiter who appeared to pour white wine into identical glasses. "The lady and I are hungry."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 22:54:22 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

In reality, she'd never gone out to dinner before. Not in this capacity. Not... one on one.

[break][break] Even when it came to , her literal fiancee, everything had been orchestrated by their respective families. Almost every event in Mari's life had felt that way. Nothing had ever felt so intimate, not like this, except that one time she went out to dinner with ...

[break][break] Wait. She was getting off-track.

[break][break] This wasn't a date. This was a work meeting with her boss. Right. Right.

[break][break] Mari waited at her desk, hands hovering anxiously over her keyboard as she double-checked and triple-checked the last of 's clients for the next week. Her eyes flickered every so often at his door, wondering if he was going to come out. Had it been all in her head? No, no. He'd definitely asked her to dinner. Demanded. Something something.

[break][break] "N-no worries, sir!" she squeaked, chair spinning behind her, as he abruptly exited. Her cheeks were flushed. "It was no wait at all."

[break][break] Her heartbeat rocked in her chest, and continued to do so the entire ride to the restaurant. Her hands brushed over the center console when they stopped at a light, glancing upon 's angled features. His sharp jawline, his serious expression. Heat spread over her cheeks once more, and she looked away, staring stubbornly at the red sedan that had pulled up beside them.

[break][break] It felt like a dream, all the way until she silently followed him into the restaurant. Ironically, it was this part of the evening that felt the most familiar to her. Nana had brought her to similar establishments a number of times.

[break][break] She flushed when Julien pulled out a chair for her, seating herself properly and folding the napkin over her thighs. She pleated it anxiously, again and again, as she watched the waiter pour wine into their identical glasses.

[break][break] Mari reached for it, hoping that a sip of it would take a bite off the edge.

[break][break] It didn't.

[break][break] When the waiter left, Mari's eyes flicked up to the ambassador's.

[break][break] "D-do you come here often? What's on the prix fixe menu?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 16:24:23 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

The waiter stepped in to respond to Mari.[break][break]

"For starters, the monsieur and mademoiselle will have a foie gras, smoked eel, and black truffle salad, with a vinaigrette of hazelnut, berries, and champagne vinegar.[break][break]

"For the entrée, you have a choice of either seafood or beef. Our seafood is fresh from the market's daily catch while our beef is cut from the highest grade cows raised on our farms in Verdanturf.[break][break]

"Dessert is a cheese platter and sesame ice cream with spiced raspberries, served with a sauce of lime, perilla, and candied yuzu.[break][break]

"Does the mademoiselle have a preference for seafood or beef for her main course?"
[break][break]

Across the table, Julien's smile curved over the rim of his wine glass. His eyes like pale gold coins watched Mari without giving away any of his thoughts.[break][break]

After she gave her answer, the waiter turned to Julien. "I'll have the beef."[break][break]

And then they were alone.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 8:59:51 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

'!'

[break][break] Surprise widened in eyes of lavender blue as the waiter returned suddenly. Mari had to bite her tongue from making an explanation of surprise, her cheeks dusted a ruddy red.

[break][break] She hadn't been intending to ask the waiter. She'd been trying to make idle conversation with

[break][break] 'But why are you doing that? He's your boss!'

[break][break] The resulting embarrassment made her cheeks even redder, even as she listened to the waiter prattle off the menu expertly, just as any of the Beaufort chefs would at her home manor.

[break][break] "I'll take the fish," she said a bit meekly, offering a pleasant smile to the man as she could muster. Fish reminded her of the sea, which reminded her of Ambrette. It was as comforting a thought as any.

[break][break] When they were alone again, her eyes flickered to and then away. Her anxiety clawed in her throat, aching to fill the space.

[break][break] "Um... have you been here before?"

[break][break] As an afterthought.

[break][break] "Sir?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 14:50:33 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

"A few times," Julien replied smoothly before taking another sip of his wine. "It's the one restaurant I've found that most reminds me of home. Of course, nothing compares to the restaurants in Snowbelle."[break][break]

Then he set down the glass and folded his hands in his lap, regarding Mari with keen interest. Though he knew her family's reputation and a little about her from her résumé, she was still very much a stranger to him.[break][break]

"What's your hometown like? Is there anything about it that you miss?" he asked, choosing a topic that might prove easier for her to discuss.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:37:17 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

"oh, you're from snowbelle!" mari said, cheeks warm. "i've been there a few times. it is breathtaking in the winter. i used to ice skate there often."

[break][break] there was a wistful quality to her voice. back then, when she'd been a professional ice skater, she had done many competitions there with too.

[break][break] "i'm from ambrette," she said, smiling wide. it always made her happy to talk about her hometown, even if it wasn't where she'd spent the most of her time. "the seaside is beautiful, and our aquarium even moreso. have you been?" her eyes glittered like sapphires — the archeological museum was, of course, the highlight of the town, but personally, mari had always enjoyed the aquarium.

[break][break] watching the small fish swim around in their tanks... they had always reminded her a little bit of herself.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 13:33:39 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Julien listened attentively, his full focus on Mari as she spoke. That she had been to Snowbelle caught his attention, especially when she mentioned ice skating there often.[break][break]

But he answered his question about Ambrette first. "I've been to Ambrette a few times, but never to the aquarium. Perhaps I'll see it the next time I visit, now that you recommend it," he said.[break][break]

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted servers approaching with the first course of their meal.[break][break]

"I'm happy to hear you've visited Snowbelle, too. I enjoy the winters there most of all."[break][break]

He paused, a new thought forming in his head.[break][break]

"If you like to ice skate, we should go in the wintertime when the rinks open to the public. What do you say?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESoutfit

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

mari
she/her
march 2
ambrette, kalos
bi
assistant
civilian
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mari
marilee beaufort
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 19:40:15 GMT
marilee beaufort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritop"]
[attr="class","mari"]

"If you like to ice skate, we should go in the wintertime when the rinks open to the public. What do you say?"

[break][break] startled, she looked to him.

[break][break] "i -"

[break][break] she should have said no. she really should've. she couldn't ice skate. she hadn't been since —

[break][break] "o-of course," she said instead, cheeks warm. mari opened his mouth to say something more, but then it was time for their food to arrive.

[break][break] plus, how could she have explained it to him?

[break][break] 'hey, sorry, i haven't ice-skated since that accident because i was terrified something might happen but i can't say no to you because you're my mom so i'll go for you!'

[break][break] so instead, she just said yes.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Work and Play [S]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 2:19:39 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: