awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 21:10:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya has little doubt her appointment comes in large part because of a recommendation to  from the very companion she's coming to meet. she hadn't told him when she'd approached her, nor after her meeting, but the phone call had been received later that evening. the pleasant, albeit tired voice of their commissioner affirmed they would be offering her the seat and to return the paperwork signed at her leisure. 

it still doesn't feel real. she had expected, oddly enough, to go back to years ago. she had expected to feel lost. overwhelmed. she has her doubts, yes, but she looks down at her hands and she knows what they're meant to build. she knows what she wants them to build. 

she has many to thank for that, alex among them. 

but she has not forgotten who she is. he may have helped temper her rage, drawn lines around her and begged her not to cross them, but she is still a warrior. and a warrior needs a suit of armor.

when alex walks through the coffee shop's door, she raises a hand and waves him over. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 16:46:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]his new post working alongside the bright and patient mind of has been rewarding, to say the least, as he has been able to influence change and to see it happen in real-time. it feels reminiscent of his time on the council except far smoother. less political, oddly enough.

speaking of change, "freya."

his greeting is warm as ever as he embraces her briefly before taking his seat.

"mauville's changed quite a bit! i barely recognize it anymore."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 17:18:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"honestly?" she says as she half-stands to stoop into an embrace. "me too. i haven't been here in a long time." she's had no inclination to, though she supposes she should probably make an effort to get to know the city's local gym leader. 

granted, the last and only time they'd met has still left a sour taste in her mouth. 

"it's new to the both of us then." she quirks a smile. "speaking of new, you wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the call i received from the commissioner today, would you? regarding a council seat?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 3:41:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the surprise that washes over him is both feigned and genuine at the same time. he's aware of her appointment into council, he just wasn't expecting it to move forward that quickly.

"a council seat? no, i have no clue."

his next question, along with his smile, betrays him.

"did you accept?"
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 17:21:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you're incorrigible," she says with a huff, suspicions confirmed at his smile. she was angry, at first, when the realization hit. angry that he took it upon himself to protect her. angry that he took her hand out of the equation. 

and then she started thinking about king. and delta. 

he asks if she accepted and instead she says, "i had a conversation with...someone a few weeks back." out on the water, one of her mother's dragalge resting their head in her lap. "she asked me if i knew the true meaning of strength."

a quirk of her lips. "can you guess what i said?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 5:38:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]she would be unwise to not accept the seat. he assumes she has, assumes he's talking to the newly elected councilwoman, and he cannot help but feel a small wave of pride wash over him.

recalling their converastion on the beach before the war, he is reminded again just how far they've come far.

his head shakes.

"no, tell me."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 16:54:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"not even one little guess?" her coffee has cooled for the most part, but it's still pleasantly sweet. she takes a small sip and then brushes the milk foam from her lips. 

"i told her strength is knowing when to ask for help." she looks down at the cappuccino mug. it's big in her cupped hands. "there will always be bigger dragons. impossible odds. but even the impossible is manageable with people to rely on."

she finally sets the mug down and twists in her chair to dig through her bag. a roll of parchment is placed between them.

"but an edge never hurts. i need you to build this for me."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 7:04:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"dragons?" he quips with a little tease at her constantly growing armada of dragons. it is what the morningstars are known for, after all, and it is what has made them so formidable in the past.

but it's like she says: strength is knowing when to ask for help; a trait often lost amongst prideful dragons.

"a sygna suit?"

a soft chuckle escapes him as he studies her design.

"you know even i don't have one of these, right?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 4:17:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"mhm," she says, giving him a withering look. his teasing will only worsen if she dare tell him just how many dragons strong they are now. granted, she'll admit half the horde isn't battle ready - at least, not up to morningstar standards. they need proper training regiments, feeding schedules, and more. 

but now's not the time to worry about that. 

her fingers hesitate on the furled paper. she's no artist by any means. her mother held that title; not her. but it's a dumping of all of her thoughts out on one page. scrawled notes in the margins say things like:

cape - fireproof? bottom cape/skirt. wings? glider.

claws - easier than punching

bowblade - circhester, galar. bow -> blade -> bow

"i thought i'd rather you try to make sense of it than me continue to attack the page like this," she says and smiles sheepishly.  
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 4:52:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]"this looks as though it was drawn by a child." he chuckles, teasing. "i know you did your best, but still."

the notes accompanying it are what he focuses on, and despite their simplicity, they help him form a better understanding of what is required and all the technical complexities that come with it.

he glances up at her, cautious.

"this is a suit fit for someone on the frontlines of war."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 5:01:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"don't be rude," she says primly and admires her own handiwork. his fingertips trace the curves and lines, the scratched notes all around, and she can feel the gears turning. his ingenuity turning her flimsy designs into something less abstract. 

eventually, something tangible. 

she cocks a brow. "i'll be overseeing the region's combat preparedness.

"i'll be on the frontlines more often than not."
 and hoenn is always at war. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 8:10:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]the design, no matter how crude, serves as the foundations of what's to come—of the suit he is capable of crafting.

but his caution is not unwarranted.

"this suit is meant to support, not enable, but i'm sure you are aware of that."

will it put you in more danger, he leaves unsaid.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 0:28:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"the suit is meant to support the needs of its user," she rebuttals, glancing aside. if she's going to go into the fire, she wants to come out unscathed. she's tired of having the odds stacked against her. she's tired of losing. she's tired of not being enough

"there's no one else i trust with this, alex, but if it's...too much - " her gaze flickers back up, soft now, "i can find someone else."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
schematics
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 9:37:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]you are enough.

"i only fear you'll push yourself to extremes."

but he supposes she would do that with or without the suit. better to have one than not if it aids in the odds of her survival.

he runs a tentative finger down the tracing on the paper, contemplating for moments before sighing.

"i'll make the suit."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
schematics
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 17:22:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"if i'm not pushing myself to extremes, i'm not a morningstar," she says. if she doesn't do that, then she's not a dragon tamer

"but in all seriousness, i'll be careful. i promise. this won't be like before." she does not know how to properly show the complicated conflagration of emotions flitting over her face.

understanding. adoration. care. and -

"i have no intention of throwing away everything i've come to love. thank you. really."