she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 19:51:22 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
it was rare to find olivia outside of sootopolis nowadays. after her incidents in slateport and her duties as a gym leader she had little to no time to leave her growing castle, much less the crater city itself. now, however, would be the time to do so. she left balder in charge of the gym when she left for her little soirée with stone. rumor had it that he would be giving up his gym position sooner rather than later and olivia couldn’t pass up the opportunity to battle the reigning champion.

her journey had been quick and to the point, save for a run in with a ranger and a sleeping giant. that, thankfully, was put back to rest relatively easily. or easier that it could have been. it put into perspective a question she had of her faith, of their own sleeping behemoth of nature.

olivia put aside such thoughts as she strode through rustburo. people paid her little enough mind, most not caring or heard of the foreign queen who had taken up residence in a city so far away. there were a handful, however, that gave her the odd look here and there. not that she could blame them. her gladiator sandals with studded straps, just over the knee cut white ruffled skirt, and dark blue blouse wasn’t the casual wear most people of the city would be accustomed to. her cane, with its polished finish, gleamed in the sunlight.

she cared not for their attention and offered a swift smile to those that did approach her. olivia was on a mission and wouldn’t be misled. a shadow passed over her and she looked up at the towering dev corp building. it was time to meet with mr - no champion - stone. an assistant at the front desk met with her and asked her to wait. olivia took a seat, put her white leather purse in her lap, and sat.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 8:52:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the abbiati family has an interesting background that most might not know about. ever since the coronation he's been investigating, researching into her family and their connection not only to sootopolis but to the region. she's certainly caught his attention, though it might not be the right kind of attention.

he's suspicious, cautious, as one should be during times like these.

a devon assistant will eventually call out to miss abbiati and direct her to the elevator that has been programmed to take her to a designated floor. the doors slide shut and after a fair few seconds, they slide open again somewhere in the middle of the high-rise building.

miss abbiati will be met with the sight of an open training ground with various parts designed to fit different environments; some favor water-types while others might favor fighting-types. in the middle of the large space stands alexander and his heracross, who looked to be in the middle of training.

the champion turns, eyes slightly widening.

"miss abbiati! lovely to see you." 

he starts approaching her.

"to what do i owe the pleasure?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 16:27:37 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
she eyed the man who was the champion of the region, azure gaze cool and calm. "i hear talk that your gym will be retired soon enough, considering your new position, and thought it worthwhile to take the opportunity to challenge you before your newfound duties whisk you away." she explained frankly. that wasn't the only reason, admittedly, as she had paid visit to a few other people and places along the way.

regardless, that was why she was here in this city of innovation. her ocean eyes looked between the champion and his giant bug. disgusting - olivia hated bugs. she gave the man a half smile, "that is if you are up to it. my recent visit with one of our peers has left me... intrigued in the battles that take place in other gyms." olivia spoke of the power hungry silph, fernando. he spoke as if the only thing that mattered in the world was brute strength as if the whole region and league felt such a way. if she were to know the truth of it, olivia had to see how the reigning champion fought. how he battled. how he composed himself.

she reached into her purse, and produced a sole pokeball, asking, "shall we? a one versus one should suffice." olivia was not here to test her own pokemon, but the mind of this man who ruled. olivia added, "unless there are certain rules or trials you have set up."

willing to do nontraditional approach! whatever you wanna do.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 10:28:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he raises an eyebrow, cautiously curious. "is that so? i suppose word spreads fast. in any case, i would be happy to accept your challenge." at that, heracross nods as well and assumes her position on the battlefield before them.

"no odd rules or trials. i like to keep things simple. but one versus one is a bit too simple. let us do a two versus two double-battle." 

he fishes out another pokeball but holds it, not releasing his choice just yet. he glances at her as he speaks.

"i must warn you, miss abbiati, that you might leave disappointed. however intrigued you may be, you must understand that this is a gym battle. if you are here to gauge my abilities as you might have done with councilman silph, then you will not leave with much." 

he doesn't need to say it, but fighting a gym battle and fighting to survive are two very different things. as someone who's done both, he knows the distinction very well.

regardless, he breaks into a smile and gestures her onto the battlefield.

"so! what will your two choices be?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 1:16:55 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
olivia lazily arched a brow as she noted, “interesting that you bring up councilman silph. almost as if you know the two of us had met. curious, is it not?” she shrugged off the question and pulled out two pokeballs from her purse, enlarging them in her free hand. she flicked both forward, revealing a vaporeon and azumarill in a flash of light.

“i think the two of them could benefit from a well fought battle.” olivia said as she looked stone over. this was the league’s champion, hoenn’s champion, her champion. it was time to see how he did in battle. she called out, “when you’re ready, mr stone.” and he apparently had ears in sootopolis - or silph must have as big a mouth as his ego is.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 2:04:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
her question might not have been rhetorical but he treats it as one. she seems smart enough to understand the nature of politics; she might be leader of sootopolis but there are those who do not follow her. some prefer a native, like stone.

she releases her two choices in vaporeon and azumarill and he eyes them warily, sizes them up. she says she's here for a gym challenge but they both know she's here for more than that. but he won't give it to her. she'll see what he wants her to see.

he releases his choice in seviper who takes her place next to heracross. the poison-type SWORD DANCES in preparation before COILING around heracross' body, holding on as heracross jolts forward. 

the bug-type sends a NIGHT SLASH flying towards vaporeon before turning to AERIAL ACE the azumarill.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 2:37:43 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
odd, that was the only thing olivia could use to describe the snake and bug combo. regardless, she had orders, ”cover.” the two water types obeyed, with her vaporeon releasing a thick black haze that filled the room. while calypso the azumarill wiggled her tail, causing clouds to appear overhead with her little rain dance, the downpour just starting.

“dip!” olivia barked as the giant bug charged. meara melted into the water that had began to pool beneath her with acid armor, the slice of dark energy passing through where she had just been. calypso barely managed to escape the aerial ace as she used her tail to bounce above the stormy clouds.

olivia called across the sea of black fog and rain, ”come now stone, you had so many words to say back in sootopolis, surely at your own home you must feel comfortable enough to speak your mind.” she was teasing him. ”or will this battle be done in silence?”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 2:54:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
a black HAZE fills the battlefield, clouding their vision but more importantly resetting the prior preparations seviper had done. as annoying as it is, the lack of vision also works in their favor. the RAIN DANCE however is just simply annoying.

stormy clouds loom overhead as the battle rages on. heracross' attacks miss but that is to be expected. the azumarill BOUNCES high up but it will only prove to be its demise. vaporeon melts into the water but that too will prove not to be effective.

seviper's GLARE can pierce through anything. she targets the hidden vaporeon and waits for an opportunity, arming herself with another SWORDS DANCE.

heracross sends NIGHT SLASHES up at the azumarill in the air but her true intentions are to gauge its position and movement. she prepares to dodge.

"have you taken my words to heart, then? are you here to seek a friend, an ally?" he returns her tease with his own. despite the battle raging on between them, his gaze stays relatively fixed on her.

"be honest with me, abbiati. why are you here?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 6:32:31 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
light and sound both pass through water, so it should come as no surprise that, despite the glare finding its target, it had no effect. meara was water now, through and through, and she was blind. no eyes to see with, her ears gone she only picked up sounds through the water’s surface, and able to sense what physically touched her body of water.

olivia watched in amusement as the bug attacked wildly. ”make a splash!” olivia called towards the clouds. the azumarill came crashing back down with a bounce to the ground, surrounded by glowing aqua rings. yet, calypso didn’t go for stone’s pokemon and instead landed in the puddle that meara occupied. the spinning rings of water around azumarill dipped into the pool, absorbing meara in her water form into the rings.

for now, meara was spinning around calypso with her acid armor intact. the azumarill was on edge, the rain crashing down on her as she eyed the bug and snake duo. olivia kept her own azure eyes on stone and quipped, ”honesty is a two way street, stone, and can be far more ominous than meets the eye. are you ready for that?”

olivia continued, ”my mistakes, faults, even truths seem to be in papers and screens from sootopolis to mauville. yours? what is it that you keep hidden from the public eye. from your fellow peers?”

”or from an ally.” she finished, watching the man intently. if he wished to spar with words, so be it. he’d find himself in dangerous territory. yet, she was open to see the kind of man he was. or at least pray he wasn’t the same as fernando. ”so tell me, stone, what is it that you want? the same as silph?”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 7:51:03 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"are you?" 

she continues and he listens. there is no reason for hostility for they are on the same side; the side that wants peace and civility for the region. or at least he hopes they are.

"your words imply that i am actively trying to hide when the truth is far from it. i try to be as transparent as i can with my actions. it just so happens that a foreigner appointed as leader of one of the largest cities in hoenn makes for a better story." 

the same as silph; he almost laughs. instead, he shakes his head.

"councilman silph and i may share similarities but i assure you we are vastly different. he seeks power above all else, whereas i seek only one thing." 

he pauses.

"peace." 

the GLARE never stops; it shifts from the water to the azumarill who now stands before them. if their opponents aren't going on the offense then there's no reason for them to. heracross sends another NIGHT SLASH at the azumarill before leaping backwards, seviper still wrapped around her.

the poison-type prepares another SWORDS DANCE.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 21:41:03 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
stone wasn’t a player in their game, at least not in the same way as olivia or fernando. this game of chess they had started, silph and abbiati, left room for only two kinds of people: pawns or knights. it would seem only appropriate that the champion would be a knight. her knight.

“i must admit,” olivia began with a smile. ”it is good to hear you say so. silph made it clear what he craved and cared for, nothing else being of relevance. morals, respect, knowledge; all of it thrown away in the name of power.”

calypso was gripped with a paralyzing fear as she made eye contact with the seviper, it’s glare terrifying. the rain continued to pour and olivia, noticing the sudden paralysis let out a high pitched whistle. out from the healing water did her vaporeon burst, with a quick attack to reposition herself in a pool of water far to the left of her ally. she then released a rain boosted hydro pump at the duo, the water pokémon already giving the attack extra energy as they were the same type.

”i pray for the same thing: peace for sootopolis, peace for hoenn, peace within the league.”

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 11:29:33 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"then it appears we have something in common after all." 

she speaks of peace within the league and he cannot help but wonder if she knows that right now she is the main cause of internal strife within the organization. there has always been a divide, a separation but it has never been more evident, perhaps sparked by her recent coronation.

"but be careful, miss abbiati. by opposing councilman silph you have placed yourself in a very precarious situation. if i was any wiser i would think you were here today not to seek an ally for peace, but for your war against him." 

she is mistaken to think that he'd be her champion. it may not look like he's a player in their little game but alexander plays his cards very close to his chest. with the spotlight off of him it makes things so much easier. 

the QUICK ATTACK hits heracross but she stands strong. she hears the whistle and notices how the AQUA RING moves and so she knows what's coming. she sends a NIGHT SLASH right down the middle of the HYDRO PUMP; the dark-attack by itself would not have been enough but there's something else that goes against the current.

seviper has uncoiled herself and lunged forward, tail-first and boosted by a SWORDS DANCE for a POISON JAB on the azumarill.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 0:07:44 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
her smile did not falter, in fact, olivia laughed. it was light and airy like a sprite, a pleasant melody to one’s ears. “oh mr stone, we have much more in common than you may suspect.” she chimed to the younger man. they had the same enemy in rocket, a rival in silph, and vested interest in the well being of sootopolis.

“both heirs to a name synonymous with hoenn in one aspect or another. technology, wealth, lore.” olivia noted. “albeit one forgotten to the ages, the other rising with the new generations.” she didn’t have to specify. his family had made breakthroughs in the recent decades and amassed wealth that could counter that of silph. her family had sought out the opposite, clinging to the past. “both living up to standards set by our forebears, willingly or not.” and she was right. despite what the likes of cait or others may say, olivia would be compared to nikolai for the foreseeable future, just as alexander was judged by the same principles of prior protectors of the region.

meara watched as the snake hurled itself through her attack and towards her paralyzed ally. she used quick attack to throw herself at the incoming snake, despite its enhanced speed; something she learned from and his team during his challenge. yet, she wasn’t alone. olivia called out as she watched the blue blur charge, “fritz freeze.” a rainbow light began to glow in the vaporeon’s mouth, the aurora beam being readied to freeze the snake.

“why must a war be fought for us to be allies? as you said, we both want peace.” olivia wasn’t lying necessarily. she just wasn’t telling the whole truth.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:29:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he doesn't need her to confirm it because he already knows: they have more in common than what he cares to admit. a shared enemy, a common goal, those two things should have been enough to unite them under the same banner. but yet it isn't.

she speaks of their families and he agrees, but doesn't nod at any given time. he simply plays the part and listens, watching her as she speaks.

QUICK ATTACK battles POISON JAB but the latter will come out on top due to the multiple SWORD DANCES. the seviper tenses under the impact, bracing herself for the counter. an AURORA BEAM shoots out at her, hitting her precisely. the ice-attack does enough to slow her movements enough to make her reconsider an immediate counter, so she reCOILS herself back onto heracross.

the fighting-bug swings her horn down for an AERIAL ACE on the azumarill, taking advantage of the distraction provided.

"do you genuinely think peace can be achieved without war?" 

his eyes narrow slightly, gauging.

"i think you and i both know the reality of the world we live in."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
stone vs salt [g]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 4:13:13 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
“i can only pray, and look to the past for answers.” she said calmly, her ocean eyes settling on the man. “history is often the best teacher and a cautionary tale of what could be.”

the spinning rings of water continued to heal the paralyzed azumarill, and with the support of her ally, she remained standing. yet, the bug was racing forward to put an end to it. the rain was slowing to a drizzle, but persisted nonetheless; just as the two water types would. meara was not going to fail her friend, not now, not ever. a golden hue imbued the vaporeon as she launched herself at the giant insect with a black haze spilling from her mouth. this was a last resort, and meara looked like a comet in the night sky as she barreled at the duo.

“long ago and recent times, binding houses to one another kept the peace of a realm.” olivia noted, batting her long lashes. “perhaps an avenue to peace could be found through a proposal as to avoid further conflict.” her eyes of salt water watched those of stone, trying to read the green of his eyes.