awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
boys just being boys. [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 13:48:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course he couldn’t be with every single waking second—as long as they were within the same city… then that would be fine, right?

Right?

(He hoped that the separation anxiety that he’d brought back from that alternate Hammerlocke didn’t rear its ugly fucking head in spades, because that would be a nice little breakdown…)

It didn’t take long for him to switch from ‘let’s go on all the rides’ like a big kid hopped up on sugar to ‘holy shit, someone needs my help’ when he saw a young girl holding a balloon, crying and looking for someone.

He was not expecting the kid to have a resemblance to Peony a certain face he’d only seen in that alternate world—

For a few moments he felt the crippling fear clench in his gut; however, he swallowed his fear down and then went right over to the kid, crouching down so that they were on an eye-to-eye level.

“Hey there,” he began softly. “Do you need help looking for your parents?”

All he got was a snivelly answer in the affirmative—and that was enough. Time for him to bring the kid over to the organizer’s booth so they could summon the kid’s parents.

Hell, he’d let the child get on his shoulders so that she could look over the crowd.

(The bonus of being a beanpole.)

“Let me know if you see them, okay? I’ll bring you over to them as fast as I can,” he confirmed once she was seated on his shoulders and they began walking around.

prompt: cheer up a distressed kid. and suffer bc why does the kid remind him of Peony?!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:30:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It wasn't every day you saw a clown getting shot out of a cannon. It wasn't every day that both the clown and the cannon were Pokemon. But Joyland wasn't your everyday destination, even if the Funtasia was putting that fact to the test. The Mime Jr. shot through the air, a Dazzling Gleam highlighting it with every twist and tumble.[break][break]

Not to be outdone, the Golurk cannon snapped into action. It twisted around, configuring itself from cannon mode to flight one, before rocketing into the sky after the Mime Jr. At the apex of its firing arc, the Golurk caught it, hands clasped around a shimmering Barrier. The Golurk stuck its arms out, tilting back and forth as the Mime Jr rolled from side to side. It then raised the ball on a single figure, giving the Mime. Jr space to do a death defying Teeter Dance.[break][break]

Man. Seeing a Golurk flying around like this brought back memories.[break][break]

Speak of the devil, and it would come. As Isaac walked away from the show, he noticed that familiar shock of white-blonde hair. Of course Fortree's gym leader would be enjoying his town's spin on the festival. Why would Isaac expect anything else? He moved over to say hi, but before he could noticed they weren't alone.[break][break]

There was focus in Alex's eyes and a child perched on his shoulders. Isaac's mind went to ; he knew this scene all too well.[break][break]

"Fortree's finest on duty, even on a day like this," Isaac quipped as he emerged from the crowd, falling in step with Alex. "You two need a hand?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 18:39:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully, his ‘companion for the day’ wasn’t being too snivelly when a familiar voice joined him—

“Fancy seeing you around here,” he greeted the other blonde who’d joined them. “Actually, yeah—I found her not too far from here and she was alone, so we’re on the lookout for her parents.”

The child then leaned over to look at their companion curiously before returning their attention to peering over the crowd in order to find her parents.

“Hopefully we can find them, and soon. I mean, have you seen the crowd that came out to enjoy the rides today?!” he exclaimed as he tilted his own head to gesture at how there were so many people around this particular day.

(Fear of missing out, for one thing.)

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 1:23:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Yeah. In a crowd like this, it could take a bit." Isaac hummed thoughtfully. Right now, Alex was certainly working hard. But he was just one man. If he kept walking around in circles, and the girl's parents did as well, the chances of them passing each other could be high.[break][break]

What if they worked smart instead?[break][break]

It was time to appeal to Alex with the help of a shared interest. Isaac tossed a Pokeball on the ground, a Chatot popping out from within it. She circled the air around Isaac, orbiting his head just enough to be a pain in the butt before landing right on his forehead.[break][break]

"I think I've got an idea," Isaac said, a glint of inspiration flashing in his eye. "Polly Roger, you're the best bird there is at doing voices, right?"[break][break]

"Best bird!" Were it not for the smug was Polly Roger started preening herself, it would have seemed like Isaac was repeating himself. "Polly Roger is the best bird there is!"[break][break]

Secretly, Isaac was relieved that Polly Roger was too busy being smug to be a jerk about this. Sometimes, all it took was the right push to make a Pokemon behave.[break][break]

"How about we hit a landmark? Someplace where we can be found easily, but won't get swallowed up in the crowd? Like . . . the Magikarp fishing game!" Fortree City wasn't exactly the most water-logged part of the region. A big old fountain full of Magikarp would stand out quite a bit from the usual dense network of trees. "Polly Roger's quick and has sharp eyes, so she can help you find your parents in a snap."[break][break]

Now Isaac turned to the girl. His "we're men on a mission tone" gave way to a softer and warmer tone as he spoke to her instead. "Can you tell us what your parents look like?" he asked, a gentle smile on his face. "And give Polly Roger a little message to tell 'em?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 20:56:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment he saw the Chatot, this unreadable grin flashed across his face—while he knew that his partner had a Chatot of his own (and was hilariously named… Frollo, of all things) and he had his own bitchy Chatot as well (unfortunately the Toucannon Armada™ really took the cake) this one had the balls to claim they were the best.

Really now?

“Hmm…” he thought, looking up at his now-calm passenger. “Well, do you want to tell them anything?”

“Get me a Skitty balloon!” she began, petulant frown on her face. “I’ll know where they are when they get me that balloon! And it can’t just be the normal pink Skitty, it’s gotta be the shiny version of Skitty!”

Oh, dear deer. Did he have a brat on his hands?!

He couldn’t help but chuckle.

“You know, giving the Chatot some help would be nice, too,” he gently chided her, watching as her face turned red before babbling off what her parents looked like, all embarrassed.

‘That stupid Shuckle shirt’ took the cake, though.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 23:41:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]If Isaac felt bad about how Polly Roger might behave before, now his reservations went flying out the window. The two brats were practically made for each other.[break][break]

If anything, it meant Polly Roger was more likely to play nice. She listened with uncharacteristic attention to the girl's descriptions, snickering when she got particularly sassy with a description. "Wish she ever listened to me this much," Isaac grumbled, shooting Alex a quick eye roll.[break][break]

Once the girl was done talking, Polly Roger spread her wings and puffed up her chest. "Best bird giving some help!" she confirmed, her voice shifting back and forth between Isaac's and Alexei's like a DJ remixing their words. "Best bird gotta get that stupid Shuckle shirt! Best bird'll know where they are!"[break][break]

"Maybe don't mention that part," Isaac suggested. "You don't wanna get your friend grounded, do you?" At that, Polly Roger sagged a little in disappointment, but they understood. They'd have to keep their search for the stupid Shuckle shirt a little bit less pointed.[break][break]

With that, they took off, a chorus of "Get me a Skitty balloon! A shiny Skitty balloon!" following in their wake. Even if Polly Roger missed that stupid Shuckle shirt (somehow), the sound of their daughter's voice would probably end up getting her parents' attention. Would it be a little jarring getting told their daughter was lost by a freaking bird? Maybe. But, oh well. Shouldn't have lost their child in the first place.[break][break]

Whether they found the family first, or the family found Polly Roger first, she would perch in front of them and repeat their daughter's demand request.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 22:31:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

In the meantime while the Chatot was off searching for their companion’s parents (how handy it was for Chatot to mimic human voices, right?) they happened to pass by a row of booths that had simple games…

“Why don’t I get you one of those prizes?” he said, tilting his head at the… hilariously, big Skitty plushies.

Never had he gotten an affirmation so fast, he had to crouch down and let her get off his shoulders so he could try his luck at knocking down a tower of ‘milk’ bottles with the least number of balls thrown.

With little fanfare, he wound up, and took aim—sending the first bottle off the top. Alright, easy.

“Give me… one more shot.”

He had two balls remaining…

And with the second ball thrown, the entire bottle tower came crashing down—and cheering erupted from their small companion.

“There, that one!” she enthused, pointing at the shiny Skitty plushie.

“Not the normal pink one?” he confirmed with her.

“Hmm… alright, I’ll take the pink Skitty! I’m getting the shiny balloon anyway,” she replied with a smug grin on her face.

“Yeah, what she said, I’ll take the pink Skitty,” and he pointed at said Skitty plushie prize.

prompt: pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the carnival games.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 1:17:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Both Alex and Polly Roger were doing their part to get this girl a Skitty. Polly's methods just happened to be . . . blunter.[break][break]

"Best bird! Best bird!"[break][break]

If the Skitty balloon bobbing up and down above the crowd wasn't enough of a giveaway that their mission was complete, Polly Roger's squawky impressions sure fit the bill. Despite the smug look on his bird's face, Isaac paled for a second. That Skitty looked quite familiar. Had they bought the wrong color?[break][break]

Then Isaac turned to the prize wall, where a big pink Skitty plush was being hooked off of the wall. Right next to it was a smaller, peach colored Skitty punch. Was that his lone eye talking, or did those colors basically look the same?[break][break]

To think, this was what that cheeky little brat started all this chaos over.[break][break]

Content that her job was done, Polly Roger perched right on Isaac's shoulder. He leaned a little to the side to give her space to preen herself, then stepped to the side so the girl could reunite with her long-lost family.[break][break]

It was bound to be Something, that's for sure.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 7:02:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It didn’t take too long for the shouts of “Sarah! Where have you been?!” and “This nice man got me this Skitty plushie!” before their little ‘reunion’ was deemed complete; mission done, success story for the books, yet another day at the carnival gone without incident.

“Did she cause you any trouble?” the female figure, who now held the aforementioned Skitty balloon, asked him.

“Not that much, although she was a bit sniffly.”

“Hey!”

“Is the truth!” he continued with his hands held up in the ‘don’t hit me’ pose. “She wasn’t too much of a problem, though, she has good manners.”

With a wink, that was now settled…

And then he turned to his companion once the family had walked away.

“You want to hit up the bumper car ride?” he began with this cheeky grin. “See who’s the better driver?”

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 14:24:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]All was well that ended well. Even brattier kids had a way of lighting up when they knew everything would be okay. Isaac smiled softly as he watched the happy family trail off into the distance.[break][break]

His smile took a turn for the intense as Alex made his next offer. "Been too long since we last clashed, man," he said, fondly remembering their race through a sky full of Golurk-sized obstacles. "Though I'm gonna guess this time it'll be with our butts on the ground."[break][break]

Aerial bumper cars would've been insane, even by his standards.[break][break]

Regardless, it was clear from the energy crackling between the two that there wasn't a shred of hesitation. "You're on, buddy," he said, and for a moment he was in the gym challenge all over again.[break][break]

His champion assessment had flamed out, if only by his own choice. 20 years of perspective and a reminder of what truly mattered in life made his heart far less uncertain. A part of Isaac knew that, were he to give it another go, he'd easily earn his chance to walk among the immortals.[break][break]

He just had one thing left to do.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 20:46:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Maybe in a few decades time, we can have aerial bumper cars… for now, though, yeah. Two feet and ass on the ground, because honestly can’t technology just hurry the fuck up and give us flying cars already?!” he added on with the exact same shit-eating grin on his face.

All too soon they were at the bumper cars attraction, and he quickly looked for the purple-colored car (because he knew there was only one of those) and immediately strapped himself in before looking over the general assortment of all the other cars that were waiting to go.

He then found Isaac’s, and made sure to lock onto that one particular car before the bumper cars roared to life and they were all crashing against each other with their ‘cars’!

prompt: ride in the bumper cars.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:29:44 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Part of Isaac didn't want to imagine what it would be like if assholes started getting into crashes in flying cars. Another part of him wanted to live in a world where A) he had another motorcycle and B) that bitch could fly. Life, sometimes, was a land of contrasts.[break][break]

Bumper cars was not. There was no subtlety. There was no consideration. There was only carnage. Isaac slipped into a rust-colored bumper car, giving his car's motor a quick little rev for emphasis. It didn't actually do anything, considering the cars were electric powered and kept on track by a direct connection to the ceiling. But it was the gesture that counted.[break][break]

As soon as the cars roared to life, both him and Alex had the same idea. They'd find each other the second things kicked off, and then they'd smash and bash the crap out of each other. With them being pretty robust individuals, and the cars being safe as can be, they'd be able to bonk each other around with little to no issue.[break][break]

At least, that was the case, until a third party tried to hit them with the bump and run. "Now that's no fair," Isaac said as he blew past them and sped away. "We gonna chase him down for that one?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 21:10:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It wouldn’t take too long for the two of them to meet in mortal kombat in the arena, tires ‘screeching’ and the ‘smell of gasoline’ stinking up the place.

Of course he had a very wild imagination, so he imagined this to be a lot more high-stakes than it really was.

That was, until someone decided to interrupt them and make a run for it.

“But of course!” he continued with that knowing smirk on his face, having caught the color of the bumper car that had interrupted them in the middle of their ‘legendary showdown’.

“Is that them?” he asked, tilting his head some distance ahead in a particular direction—one of the other bumper cars was behaving very suspiciously (more like trying to evade them) and wanted to put as much distance between them as possible.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:01:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Its gotta be," Isaac said back, his voice a whisper despite the fact that there was no way their man of mystery could hear them over all the carnival excitement. "Nobody's tries that hard to not bump cars at bumper cars."[break][break]

It was true. The guy in the yellow car had been very shifty since the two of them were bumped by him. He'd smash and crash his way into confrontations, then drive off before anyone present could retaliate. It was as if he was trying to "win" at bumper cars, but in the least interesting way possible.[break][break]

"You go for the left, I go for the right," Isaac said, drawing out a little path with his fingers to help make the plan all the more apparent. "One way or another, come hell or high water, we're gonna make sure this guy's got a good bumping."[break][break]

Only with their honor restored could they kick back, relax, and rejoin the fun.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 18:52:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

This was so much fun—like they’d come to a temporary halt to discuss plans and put them into action.

“A pincer attack—I like it. Let’s do it,” he agreed with a smirk. “Ready when you are!”

In no time at all he would wait for the other to go off to the right, while he would split off and head left, before attempting to head off the driver of the yellow bumper car in the agreed-upon ‘pincer’ movement!

“That’s for interrupting a legendary showdown!” he shouted once he was close enough.

Time to ride and die and bump into one another!