twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 9:00:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
viphi comes out on top of the struggle, her SUPERPOWER perhaps aiding her in her small victory. she slams her opponent to the ground, holds him there with one hand while the other raises her DRAGON CLAW up before swinging it back down.

galahad notices the distraction and seizes the opportunity to close the distance. his speed is immeasurable and he does it in no time; when calcifer looks back he will find the gallade right in front of him, one arm extended out for a powerful PSYCHO CUT.

chuckling at the nudge against his arm, he nods his head in sarcastic agreement. "definitely that." he takes a moment, perhaps not yet ready to speak. when the battle starts to fade into the background, only then does he turn to look at her. the tone in his voice remains the same but there is a look in his eyes that gives him away:

this is not a hypothetical.

"how much are you willing to sacrifice for a chance at peace?" 

a pause.

"would you sacrifice your dragons, your morals, your future?" 

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 16:43:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he doesn't take losing very well. fafnir's lips curl, exposing his teeth, and as his back hits the ground, he prepares for her attack by doing what comes natural. a red aura emanates from his scales; eyes glow much the same, burning with a fury fueled by his frustration. he takes the dragon claw without flinching, teeth snapping as he throws all his weight forward, into her, fists burning again, this time more brilliantly, this time with more power. 

calcifer wants to help, desperately so, but all of his attention is thrown back towards the gallade. he maneuvers out of the way as best he can, receiving a burning pink mark on his hind leg in the process. 

a swirling twister of energy bursts from behind his teeth, blue-tongued flames writhing with a rage that matches fafnir's own.

freya prepares to call out to the duo, remind them that this is just a friendly battle, but alex's sincerity throws her off. she looks at him for a long while while she mulls over his question. 

he expects much from her. she answers with her truth.

"no," she says, blinking, looking back at the battle. "because one moment, one chance to bring peace, it won't make it everlasting. keeping peace is an impossible job enough already, and one i can only accomplish with my my morals, my dragons." she pauses. 

"but my future, yes--i would sacrifice that. i've already indebted my future to you, alexander. don't you forget that. and i have given that to you because i trust that you'll make the right choices. but at the end of the day, keeping peace means quelling evil, whatever it may be. it means keeping order, upholding justice. and you know my morals.

"evil will die at my hands if it comes down to it. there aren't many who believe that just, but i do." 

he hadn't been there in the room, hadn't watched lyune's flames consume a living person whole. he never heard her screams, her cries, the way her bones sounded as they popped from the heat, the pressure. but he knows her conviction, knows that there had been no other way for her to walk away. 

blood for blood. a dragon isn't very forgiving. 

fafnir uses outrage & fire punch!
calcifer uses dragon rage!
[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 17:39:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he expects the truth from her and it is exactly what he receives, and for that he is thankful. he seeks counsel in those he trusts so he listens with genuine interest and curiosity, nodding at intervals as he does more than process her words; he accepts them. 

"keeping peace means quelling evil." 

out of all she says that particular sentence stands out the most to him. he sits on it for a moment, allows an air of silence to surround them; an air only disturbed by the battle in front of them.

viphi expects retaliation but not one this intense. her hold over fafnir buckles under the immense pressure, giving up in favor of his OUTRAGE. she reels back, hurt, and from that hurt stems an opportunity for fafnir to seize which he does without hesitation. she's hit by a strong FIRE PUNCH, the blow enough to disorientate her. she wildly swings her DRAGON CLAW and attempts to move back.

the damage that comes from calcifer's DRAGON RAGE is more than familiar. galahad must have taken a few dozen of those in his lifetime. he shrugs it off, stands his ground against the blue flames only to disperse the heat with a precise PSYCHO CUT. this time he follows the psychic-attack, closing the distance in no time. he swings one arm-blade forward but FEINTS at the last second and strikes calcifer with his other.

"you were honest with me so now it is my turn to return the same." he breathes. "evil exists within our ranks. it goes unnoticed by most but i believe evil stems from the desire for power. and who else desires it more than the man who sits next to you on the council."

silence envelops them once again.

"an opportunity has arisen for me to potentially quell that evil. i cannot do it alone, and so it will come at the cost of my future." 

he looks to her, his eyes almost pleading for some semblance of understanding. of sympathy.

"miss abbiati has asked for my hand in marriage."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 18:11:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]they are fearless, bloodthirsty creatures. even when she was a child, she could look past that. but their feral nature rests just under their skin and freya sees it now, in the burning glow of fafnir's aura. he takes another claw to the shoulder and still he lumbers forward, outrage taking over

"fafnir." his name falls from her lips as a sharp warning. he takes another step forward, but her command dampens him instantly. muscles relax, red fades, and he flares his wings defensively, dancing backwards while he tries to recover himself. 

without the aid of his partner, calcifer takes another hit from galahad. this one scores him across the chest and he doubles over, hind talons digging into the earth as he succumbs to the pain. he spits a few embers to the ground; they smolder in the earth. he grumbles for help from viphi, knowing just how long fafnir will take to recuperate. 

"give a man enough power and he's bound to abuse it, no matter how noble he thinks he is," she murmurs. "at the end of the day, we're all corruptible, alex."

he looks for sympathy, but there is none. she has always been quick to anger, but instead of fire behind her eyes there is a cool complacency, and a touch of amusement. she shakes her head. 

"you'd be better off marrying me." she side-eyes him. "and that's not a proposal."

fafnir marches forward now. she clenches her hand as he does, feels heat in her palms as he summons another flame. 

"  is a foreign presence in this region. her family title is meaningless, though she flaunts it as though it will do her any good. she is knowledgeable, yes, i will give you that, but you and i know that our councilman's power comes from more than just his small army.

"he is a savior to the people, a protector to hoenn. and at the end of the day, you can't fight for those who don't trust you. that is the future abbiati is offering you. a mistrust by the people, a question of your loyalties to hoenn, and to its people. her proposal would give you nothing, but would give her everything, and i fear for what she might do with that power. "

she sighs. " , on the other hand, shares his name and by extension, is trusted by the people. she's a fair gym leader who cares for her people. and yes, she's made mistakes. the sloppy reruns from dahlia's rescue mission painted her in a less savory light, but the people have seen her growth. they have torn her down and witnessed her struggle, and they love her for that.

"and at the end of the day, if you and she oust him as you plan to do, the people will understand. bolster her image, play politics, do what you know how to do."

she clasps him on the shoulder, looks steadily in his eyes. "i am here as your soldier when the time comes, and as your counsel in times like these. do what you wish, but know that marrying her won't do you any good."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 18:54:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he keeps silent not because he has no words to say, but because he's listening. the more she speaks the more the tension in his shoulders start to release; her words only confirm his thoughts. they validate them. it acts as a reminder that he is not alone, and that the two of them are on a similar wavelength, both on and off the battlefield.

she shares her thoughts on olivia, the knowledgable foreign queen, and how her presence in the region is limited.

she shares her thoughts on fernando, the domineering councilman, and how he remains a savior in the eyes of the people.

and she shares her thoughts on stormy, the trusted gym leader, and how the people continue to trust and love her despite her mistakes.

he agrees with every single thing she says and it shows through the tender smile on his face when she's done speaking. he meets her eyes when she clasps his shoulder, smiling. it's enough of a tell for her to realize he's taken in her words and agrees with them without a single doubt.

"i appreciate you not proposing. it would have been the third one this week." 

a comment made in jest carries with it a hidden meaning that he knows she'd be able to decipher. stormy had proposed to him earlier in the week. olivia in the middle. and now they're at the tail end of the week, possibly the second longest week of his life. he takes a breath.

"soldier, counsel, friend. thank you, freya." 

galahad eyes his opponent almost without a shred of remorse as he looks to finish the battle with a final PSYCHO CUT. but just before he is able to complete the swing of his arm-blade, his peripherals see the oncoming ROCK SLIDE that threatens to squish him. 

an invisible barrier is immediately enacted as he swipes his arm across for a WIDE GUARD. he holds the shield, outlasting the rocks that pummel against and when it ends, he doesn't expect viphi to be there to greet him with a DRAGON CLAW. the impact sends him flying across, landing not too far away. viphi takes a moment to nuzzle her head against calcifer, checking up on her fire friend.

"it appears as though we are on the same page. though the road ahead may be daunting i am glad to not have to walk it alone. we must plan ahead and prepare for what is to come." 

a breath.

"war."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 15:01:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"don't worry. you're not really my type," she says with a laugh. and then her gut sinks. a sadness mars her face for a brief moment before she smothers it. she trusts him. gods, she has to trust him, but telling him about her relationship with one of rocket's ex-beasts would ruin them. and what would she do? if her loyalty were questioned? if he demanded she cut contact? 

it feels a lie in itself when she keeps her lips sealed. but alexander doesn't own her. she's allowed her secrets. 

her gaze softens. it sounds like he'd turned her down. "you should accept. show the people some unity. make her happy. make yourself happy. gods knows we need it now." 

calcifer rumbles his gratitude, stopping short of nuzzling viphi's neck only because fafnir has centered himself. the opposing pokemon are now on either side of them and so calcifer turns, wings flaring as he presses his back to viphi's. he holds his position and waits for their next attack to come. 

"i've been preparing, friend," she says solemnly. "i have seventeen dragons under my personal command right now and that number grows with each passing week, and my father has the rest of the den at his beck and call."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 9:22:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the sadness that mars her face goes unnoticed but even if he had been perceptive enough it would not have mattered. though allies they each have their own secrets; he expects as much because it is only natural. thinking otherwise would be foolish. her secrets can stay secrets as long as they do not compromise him.

"that option is no longer on the table, sadly." 

he doesn't say much more than that. she can interpret what she wants to from his words. he places his attention to the battle instead, no matter how short it might hold.

viphi and calcifer stand back to back, her eyes glaring at her opponents as they start to surround them. she hisses and slashes her DRAGON CLAW into the ground for a ROCK SLIDE. huge chunks of rock scatter across, looking to crush the gallade and dragonite.

TELEPORT is what saves galahad but unfortunately his reach does not extend to fafnir. the chubby dragon will be forced to fend for himself. galahad appears closer to calcifer and viphi, not close enough for CLOSE COMBAT but close enough to send precise PSYCHO CUTS towards fafnir.

the battle is not engaging enough to hold alexander's attention, so he shifts it back to freya. his eyebrows arc slightly at the mention of seventeen dragons. he should not have been surprised but he is.

"we have some time. not a lot, but enough." his foot shifts against the ground as he speaks. "have you seen him recently?" he asks, turning to look at her.

"the councilman."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 20:48:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"change is inevitable. you'll figure it out." she feels for stormy. truly, she does. politics shouldn't have to play a role in who they choose to spend their lives with, and yet they can't afford the luxury otherwise. 

we could leave. go back to kalos and put all of this behind us.

but even as she thinks it, she knows it isn't true. her duty is to her home, and that home is her dragons, her estate, her family. and too many people are counting on her to take care of them. 

calcifer, fafnir, they respect her. she wouldn't be able to face them if she turned tail and ran. even now, they fight with their hearts, her soul. they can feel her gaze, she knows, because they move with a calculated fluidity, as though this battle may be their last. 

fafnir throws his hands before him, wings flaring outward to give him some leg of distance from the rocks. mist pours from his mouth, obscuring him from a follow-up attack. he's starting to look worn. 

calcifer throws up a clawed hand and a reflective barrier appears alongside himself and viphi. he cowers behind it, one wing stretching over viphi protectively. galahad's psycho cuts pass through the barrier, diminishing in size and strength as they strike the charizard. 

he arches his neck and belches a large bout of flame towards the gallade as a follow-up. 

"no," she says, "but i've a meeting with him in the next few days. with councilman cole." she blinks. "in light of recent events, we'll be discussing our nominations for an elite four."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 2:49:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
running away has never been an option for him. this is his home. where would he even run to? the thought has crossed his mind but not once has he even considered it. he had made the decision long ago, even before accepting the role of gym leader, that if the region were to fall, then he'd fall with it. 

the FLAMETHROWER that meets galahad licks away at his skin. he stands his ground, withstanding through the pain that's so familiar. the fires of calcifer may be strong but they are not that of a dragon. he's faced far worse and lived through them all.

but at the sight of viphi moving towards him, galahad instinctively reacts with a sudden WIDE GUARD that enacts just in time to block her DRAGON CLAW. it dissipates moment after, leaving the dragon in vulnerable spot to be hit by a powerful CLOSE COMBAT. each punch weakens her, each kick sends her closer to the brink of exhaustion. galahad stops eventually, then takes a step back. viphi almost drops.

"ah. i have given my nomination to but my choice should come as no surprise. he is my gym trainer, after all." 
he clicks his tongue, correcting himself. "was." might as well get used to saying it now. the loss of is saddening but the future holds exciting possibilities. 

"give my regards to both of them. it has been a while since i last saw them."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 4:22:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]calcifer has a look of complete awe on his face as viphi goes head to head with galahad. he's panting now too, exhaustion starting to catch up with him. his muscles strain as he dives forward protectively, shouldering himself beneath viphi as a pillar of support.

and as fafnir witnesses this, he stops. the tension in the air evaporates nigh instantly and both of freya's pokemon look at her for approval. she gives it, of course, and they visibly relax, turning to tend to their wounds. 

calcifer licks at a deep cut on viphi's shoulder. 

"i will," she says. "and i hope you know i keep our meetings as confidential as discretion will allow. but i must ask--how much should i share with my fellow council members, if they ask?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 7:52:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the battle draws to an abrupt end; that much is clear now as calcifer comes to viphi's aid. he licks the deep cut on her shoulder and the response she gives is involuntary; she refuses to cry and instead leans into him, nuzzling into crook of his neck to say thank you.

the black on galahad's skin does little to mar his appearance. he stands strong, proud, as one might expect from a gallade. he steps out of his stance, shoulders relaxing, and walks back over to his trainer. he gives fafnir a small nod of approval on the way.

"i doubt they will." one of them underestimates him and the other is too concerned with other things. still, it would be foolish for him to believe that. he sighs, speaking. 

"share what you think you must. but i would prefer my opinions on him to stay between us."

he leaves her with a vague answer because in truth he himself does not know the answer to her question. he trusts her and her judgement enough to feel confident in her discretion.

"looks like they are done battling. i must apologize for galahad. he is not exactly used to lightly sparring." galahad stands strong, unwavering even at the comment.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 15:42:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]fafnir lumbers beside galahad and glances from his two draconic companions to the gallade. freya snorts as she sees the indecision on his face, and then the final snort where he decides he'd rather not lick his partner's wounds. he instead walks past him to plop down next to freya and clean some of the dirt off his scales. 

she scratches the top of his head, though his antennae flick with annoyance. "that goes without saying," she says. 

"i appreciate that. our teams are well-matched. it might do us some good to have them practice with each other more often.

"the bow has worked fabulously, by the way. i think it might be in our best interest to spar under different circumstances so that we might practice executing coordinated attacks."
she side-eyes him. "i aim to provide aerial support and learning to communicate at a distance will be more advantageous."

she pauses, looks down. her face betrays her conflict. "you need not doubt my loyalty. you know this. but i must ask--to what extent should i expect from your side? can i trust you with...personal information?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 16:05:03 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
minds linked, the gallade knows that his trainer calls for him. so he walks forward and stops right before alexander, eyes meeting his. the champion reaches a hand forward to feel the burn on galahad's arm, his fingers tracing over gently. 

"does that hurt?"

galahad shakes his head. alexander gives a simple nod and instructs his partner to rest. it was a harsh battle despite being a friendly. 

"i am glad to hear."

development of her arrows have taken a backseat in favor of lyune's harness but now that things are starting to settle, he'll find more time to invest in both projects.

"i developed earpieces that should be beneficial for us. but we should still practice different forms of communication. so i agree. we will  certainly spar again soon." 

the pause in her voice is what makes him look at her, uncertain of the change. her face betrays her.

"i am both ally and friend. you can trust me with anything and i assure you it will stay between us." 

even so, a small knot of worry grows inside the pit of his stomach, anxious at the various possibilities of what she might have to say next. he eyes her cautiously, not because he doesn't trust her, but perhaps because he's afraid.

"what is it?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:06:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]earpieces will give them an amazing advantage, though she knows they've sometimes been rendered ineffective by an enemy's supersonic or other frequency-based pokemon attacks. there's no doubt in her mind that those manufactured by devon might be of higher quality, but having a back-up plan never hurts. 

most of her dragons have learned to coordinate by lyune's signal alone. 

"friend," she repeats. "i hope you don't take offense that i forget sometimes. these are strange times we live in."

she purses her lips, knowing full well that she's putting off the inevitable. he should find out from you. because as much as she'd like to believe they're safe, that nothing will come of this, that they can continue to see each other in the shadows, that freya can make things right, she knows it's not true. 

"i loved someone. once." moxie nuzzles the bottom of her chin. "she had the same foster mother as i until i was adopted by the morningstars. i thought i'd never see her again." 

her eyes cloud now as she stares out across the fields of flowers. "i don't know if you've ever felt this way about a person. as years went by, i told myself that we were children, that i'd gotten over it, over her, but....small talk in bars, love letters from friends on the field, attempted courtships, they...nothing mattered. at the end of the day, i still fell asleep remembering her smile.

"i tried to find her. i went back to kalos, to my foster mother, but she was never adopted. she came of age and left and no one had heard from her again.

"and so i threw myself into my work, my duty to these people. i carried her with me, somehow, even though i knew i'd never see her again. and then...i found her."

she comes back now, turns so that she's facing alex, so that she can't walk away. not from this. she can't walk away from her again

"she'd been assigned to assassinate elias orion." she swallows. "alexander, i found her. i found her and she's part of rocket."

she pinches the bridge of her nose, waves him off before he can say anything. "she's not like the rest of them, i can assure you of it. she's only ever wanted what i've wanted. to punish wrong-doers, to purge the world of evil. she just..." her voice lowers until it's soft, soft, soft, "got a little lost."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 4:16:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he braces himself because her words will bring with them an air of inevitable change; change that perhaps could have been avoided. good or bad, that still needs to be decided as he listens to her words with care and caution; both ally, and as friend.

love. a powerful emotion, perhaps the strongest of them all, capable of influencing so much. she talks of a love once lost and asks him if he's ever felt the same, but he doesn't answer, knowing that her question does not require an answer. instead he nods, shows her he's listening, and reminisces with her words.

he's felt love his entire life. it is what keeps him tethered to the world, to the people he cares about; the bridge formed will hold despite the troubles that plague him. he loves his mother. his sister. stormy. cecilia. but the bridge that holds the strongest is with his father. 

he may be gone but he will never be forgotten. he is who alexander thinks of when he makes a decision. he is who alexander thinks of when met with conflict. he is who alexander constantly strives to be; to be someone who would make him proud.

to be his son. forever and always.

he might not have felt the same kind of love she talks of but he certainly has felt one of the same power. so when she finally says the few words that has been plaguing her, his heart breaks for her because he knows the conflict within her. he knows the strife, the turmoil, and the sacrifices she must make.

"i am sorry." 

silence surrounds them as he carefully processes her words. his sense of duty compels him to speak in a certain way but his empathy for her situation is ever-present. 

"truly, i am. i promise this will stay between us. but i must also be honest with you, freya." he stops, pauses. "this has no happy ending." 

he forces himself to be objective in this situation as she was for him earlier. she has opened herself up to him, leaving herself vulnerable. and so he remains gentle with his words and tone.

"her intentions, no matter how pure, do not excuse her of the crimes she has committed. that is how the league will see it. the majority will see her as nothing more than a killer because of her ties to rocket. they would rather see her in prison than even spare her a second thought."

he takes a momentary pause to gather his thoughts.

"that said, there are always exceptions. but i have a question for you." his gaze never falters. "what do you want, freya?"