awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 17:35:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it's in a grassy field on the west side of town that she asks to meet him. for what may be the first time, they come to meet as more than just partners, as allies fighting against the unknown. no, today, with the scent of wildflowers in the air, a gentle breeze rustling the leaves, they're here as friends. 

they have some business to attend to, of course, given the sorry state of things in this region, but some time away from home is much needed. 

lyune lazes in the grass beside her, warming himself in the summer sun. fafnir and calcifer skirmish with each other, stretching their muscles and flexing their firepower in the open field. freya stretches her arms above her head, yawns, and settles back against lyune's shoulder. the dragon grumbles in his sleep, shifting slightly at her weight. 

she smiles. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 2:31:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he smiles.

her invitation is a much needed distraction from his various responsibilities as both champion and ceo. he's had to relinquish his title of gym leader but rustboro is in capable hands; he's made sure of its stability. but that's the least of his concerns.

today his worries fade into the back of his mind, kept there by the opportunity to meet a friend. she is a loyal ally but their relationship extends beyond promises and oaths. there is trust. 

the fabric of reality distorts for moments before a sudden vacuum is created and from it appears alexander and his gallade. TELEPORT has always been their main method of transportation, and so the odd sensation of moving through space and time is not unknown to alexander. he almost welcomes it.

"freya." 

the grass beneath them ripple under the pressure but they soon calm, as do the leaves on a nearby tree. he smiles at her, bowing his head slightly in greetings.

"it is lovely to see you. how have you been?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 2:43:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"stressed. haven't been sleeping well. y'know, nightmares and the usual." she sits up and then rocks onto her heels, clasps a hand on alex's shoulder and squeezes. "but better. a lot better." she has her spunk back. there's color in her cheeks. the sky is blue and rocket has been quelled (for now) and right now all they can do is wait for the dust to settle. 

she gives him a once-over and nods. "how are things on your end, champion?

at their conversation, lyune is roused from his nap. he stands slowly and stretches, much like a cat, and regards alexander with a nod, eyes shining fondly. fafnir and calcifer break for the moment and glide over to greet the champion. 

"rustboro seems like it's still well taken care of. i still have a few trustworthy guards stationed around town. i figured you'd still want some eyes on there, and those people protected." and i'm still keeping my word.

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 3:16:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"glad to hear." and see. she looks much better than when he had last saw her in dragon's den. she's recovering as well as anyone can. hearing how she suffers from nightmares fills him with a sense of relief as well; it almost rationalizes his own.

"stressed. haven't been sleeping well."
 he repeats her words in a lighthearted tone and soon breaks a chuckle. "things are good. that still sounds strange to me: champion. i do not think i will ever get used to it." 

alexander nods at the stretching salamence and turns to address the two approaching dragons. as they glide on over gallade visibly tenses, unused to being surrounded by so many dragons, but soon relaxes when his mind synchronizes with alexander's.

at that, gallade greets freya with a bow.

"thank you. rustboro is home so i will always protect it, even if i am not its official leader."
 it goes unsaid that she's upholding her oath, he recognizes that.

he reaches a hand into his pocket and calls out his own few dragons. viphi stretches her wings and nuzzles her head against salami, then turns to greet the others. salami does the same.

"it is a very nice day out. is that why you asked me out here, freya?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 3:35:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she notices the not-so-subtle change in the gallade's demeanor and looks curiously over at alexander, though doesn't vocalize her question. instead, she accepts his bow with one of her own as she listens to alexander recount his state of affairs as of late. 

we've been through so much.

she can't even begin to fathom what it must be like to hold the weight of champion over his head. she gets enough flack just being one of four council members. he bears a lot of responsibility on his own, whether he's supposed to or not.

"that's how i feel about sootopolis," she says and glances at him. 

she stretches again, presses the backs of her fingers against her back, arches, and sighs. "what, i can't just want a day off and some time to catch up with a friend?" she says wistfully. she shakes her head. 

"i need to protect my city. i know the region comes first, but i thought you, of all people, would understand." lyune bristles as freya's eyes flash. "i won't stand for the city i love being governed by a tyrant."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 4:07:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he laughs at her comment that seems to have caught him off guard. he glances back at her and raises both eyebrows. "ah, now i know why you asked me here." his own dragons start spreading out across the open space, relishing the openness. viphi takes a tumble to the ground and rolls, the cool grass against her skin filling her with joy.

"if only nikolai was still around. he might not have been the most responsible of leaders but the people loved him. to go from him to abbiati is, well, tragic, to say the least." 

it is the most he's ever commented on the situation but they're outside of work. he deems it acceptable. plus there is a part of him that wants to say more.

"give it some time. the people will turn on her eventually. either that, or she will make them." 

he shrugs, but then laughs. he turns to freya and offers her a sympathetic smile.

"you two really do not get along well."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 4:16:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the last time she'd spoken ill of the abbiati woman, alexander had neatly dismissed her, promising that time was all that she needed, that perhaps she should be optimistic. so color her surprised when he speaks so plainly, so brusquely, in a manner that he implies he agrees with her personal stance on the matter. 

"we don't have time," she says, though it's hard to feel that way, especially with the excuses she's made to come here. 

but she's been working herself to the bone for months now. she needs to rest. it will do more harm than good to continue with the way she's been going. 

she shrugs the anxiety away and watches as calcifer greets viphi with a gentle flutter of his wings before he dives into the grass beside her. she inhales, exhales, thinks. 

"i've been ducking her requests for a meeting," she admits. "i don't understand how she can sit on a throne and deny that she thinks herself a queen. she acts like her family name means something, but it doesn't. she's nothing. the people don't remember her. and even if they did, she is not the past." she presses her fingers to her brow and then sighs. 

"it's hard, watching my people try to trust her because she's all they have. i've been trying to work out of the estate, make my presence known, ease their worries, but...i'm stretching myself thin."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 9:07:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"as have i," he admits, albeit reluctantly. he breaks the tension in his shoulders with a sigh, nodding to her words. "people are obsessed with titles. i said this to stormy recently but titles and legacies mean nothing. abbiati, silph, stone, morningstar; all of us will be forgotten eventually. what will not be forgotten are our actions and the changes we influenced with them. or at least i hope." 

more joy seems to overcome viphi when calcifer joins her on the grass. she purrs, flutters her wings, and nudges against the charizard's neck.

"i wonder why no one is trusting queen abbiati. one would be crazy not to." 

sarcasm drenches his words; a feature that alexander has rarely shown. it's a testament to how comfortable he feels around her and also how much he trusts her.

"do not overwork yourself, freya. know your limits and pick your battles. i need you around for the long run."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 22:51:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she snorts at the sarcasm. they can joke about her self-imposed 'reign' all they want, but at the end of the day, the current political affairs that govern sootopolis are going to sit like a pit in her stomach. she's learned to eat around it, to get on with her life, and do what she can for the league. if the good commissioner saw something in her, then there's a reason she's here, whether freya likes it or not. 

and if she continues to make herself unwelcome, we can easily dispose of her. the salt and sea and the slumbering beasts she preaches of won't be there to save her when her superiors decide to cast her out. 

"i know my limits," she says, though she's not snappy about it. she raises a hand, runs her knuckles over the crest of moxie's brow. the one-eyed snake turns into the pet affectionately, tail drooping over freya's shoulder. 

"speaking of battles," she says and whistles. "alright boys. let's get back to it." calcifer peers around viphi and flaps his way over at freya's call, locking eyes with fafnir in a moment of acknowledgment before returning to their sparring. 

"hey, how about we test out our teamwork, huh? might be useful in the long run."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 14:03:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
whether they like it or not they both have their limits. they can only do so much with their power; sometimes it feels like it isn't enough. but what is there beyond champion? he's at the top and yet he feels restricted in his actions, in his capabilities to affect massive change in the region. perhaps there are too many seats at the table.

her whistle breaks him out of his thought. at the mention of a battle gallade springs to life; his shoulders tense, posture straightens, and a smile almost appears on his face. he's been craving one ever since the mossdeep incident.

at her suggestion, he turns. "what did you have in mind?" viphi rises back to her feet and flutters back over to alexander, landing next to salami. the two dragons watch their counterparts spar.

"salami will not be battling if that is alright. galahad will be battling in his place. he has been craving a good fight."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 1:22:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she mulls it over in her head and then blinks, whistles again for calcifer and fafnir. the two break apart and lumber back over, breath a bit uneven, but with most of their energy still remaining. she waves a hand. 

"lax rules, of course. just a bit of exercise. calcifer and viphi seem to have gotten along so far so how about those two pair up and fafnir and galahad can oppose them?" calcifer spits a few embers playfully at fafnir at this declaration and the grumpy dragon steps away from them, snorting with a frown. he cracks his knuckles and chuffs at the gallade beside stone. 

"of course," she says and dips her head respectfully towards the dragon. "you've seen your fair share of battles, haven't you, friend?" 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 6:17:10 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
just a bit of exercise. alexander doesn't have to look over to know the statement amuses galahad. neither of them make any indications of their amusement, however, as he simply nods his response.

viphi flutters forward and almost crashes into calcifer. thankfully for them she knows better than to charge straight in for a tackle. she lands next to him, mouth opening to try and summon a few embers like calcifer had done only to fail. but she doesn't mind.

"too many for one lifetime." 

the champion answers for him but salami dips his head regardless. the dragon lowers himself to the ground, or drops himself rather as the impact crushes the grass beneath his big body. he tucks his legs together and lays his head down, breathing.

galahad nods at the dragonite and takes his place next to it. he stretches, or at least appears to be stretching but in reality he's preparing himself with a SWORDS DANCE. the subtle move is noticed by alexander, though it's hard to sneak anything by each other, their connection too strong.

"i believe they are ready."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 2:25:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"alright, you two," she says. calcifer stops his fireworks show to glance over at her, and fafnir gives her a bit more than half of his attention, which is remarkably astounding for him. "let's not rough up the flowers too bad. faf? hyper beam's off the table." the dragonite snorts, obviously displeased at the sudden disadvantage. 

but he smashes his fists together nonetheless. embers spark from the clawtips on one, sparks on the other. smoke sizzles, crackles, and he rolls his shoulders. 

calcifer half-flares his wings and dances a couple steps backward, still a bit awkward in his too-big body. he dips his head towards viphi, almost as if to say after you

fafnir, however, has little regard for his partner, and charges forward with fire and thunder fists swinging.

"i'd say faf is the least team player of my roster,"
she comments with a sigh. "but he's strong. ridiculously so."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 13:25:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the obvious and most natural choice for alexander's two is to battle each other because that is what they are most familiar with. galahad and viphi have sparred on countless occasions; the former usually being the victor. usually. but every now and then viphi manages to surprise her opponent.

the flygon charges straight ahead and meets fafnir in the middle. her DRAGON CLAWS clash against his FIRE and THUNDER PUNCHES, holding the dragonite back. she's smaller and doesn't look it but she's just as strong. her SUPERPOWER enables her to be. she keeps the dragonite in place as the two battle for supremacy.

"she is as well. strong, i mean." 

like a knight galahad takes a step forward while elegantly swinging his arm-blades. the prior SWORDS DANCE is all he needs to confidently slash forward to send a PSYCHO CUT barreling across at the awkward charizard. he takes a few steps forward away from alexander but maintains his distance from his opponent. he remains mindful of fafnir's aura.

the battle reminds him of another he had just recently. his mood sullies for just a moment, ever so slightly that it goes unnoticed, but it rises again when he remembers where he is and who he is with.

"freya," he starts, voice cutting. "i have to ask you something." he leaves her waiting in suspense, letting her imagination run amok while he properly gathers his thoughts.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
vacation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 2:54:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he's yet to learn that brute strength isn't everything. the surprise is clear on his face when their claws interlock and he's unable to throw viphi onto her back. he grapples with her, static popping as he squeezes his claws tighter. 

calcifer takes stock of the situation. the gallade stands between himself and his partner. his tail lashes as he finds his footing and he flares his wings; they thump painfully against the ground, but give him just enough height to leap over the oncoming psycho cut. 

wings flare open as a snakelike trail of fire spouts from his mouth, racing towards fafnir. he senses the oncoming flames and loses his concentration, arms failing as he loses the struggle for dominance against viphi. 

freya nudges alex's shoulder. "is it to get some pointers as to how i train such amazing teamwork?"