awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 1:25:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

sometimes she doesn't come home. it's not abnormal. it's nothing new. she texts him to say she's staying out on a job. and everything is fine. the past few months, she's been trying to rewrite her name. blot out the stains she's spilled all over her record. but she's been touch and go lately. 

he's not stupid.

there's a change coming and she wants to believe it's not big enough to drag them under. to spin him away from her. but she hadn't asked him because she knew he'd say no. she hadn't asked him because she knew it would make him angry. 

she's working with the people who ostracized him, scorned him, burned him.

and as though her secrets (two calls with the commissioner, a shuffling of paperwork, a discussion on her seat at the upcoming aqua assembly meeting) weren't enough, a tormenter she thought she'd shaken for good is back. several of her dragons are dead and she cannot wear her grief on her face.

this secret, she must keep to herself. 

"hi, love," she says with a soft smile as he makes his way up from nameless. she's wearing the dress he likes, hair done up in its braids. it's not out of the ordinary for her to wear makeup, especially after being out, but there's more shadow around her eyes. it helps hide how puffy they are.

"i picked up dinner for us."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 0:34:20 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Hunger gnaws at him, but so too does a visible frustration. The house is a mess; paint supplies and dress-up dolls scattered. He spares the girl at the table, the one too engrossed into her art to look-up, before turning back towards Freya. His eyebrows rise then his face twists in confusion.
[break][break]
The dress. The hair. The make-up. The food.
[break][break]
How unlike Freya.
[break][break]
He clicks his tongue.
[break][break]
"Good thing we're 'ungry. Right Dels?" Her silence is not unusual. "Come ta the kitchen than love."
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 1:12:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's never thought herself fit to be a mother. still feels that way, most days. they're little hodgepodge family is just that. it works. and he's navigating waters just as unfamiliar. it's why, when she is home, she's quietly putting things away behind them.

but she hasn't been home and the house is already a mess. she meets his gaze a moment and sees a question there, but she turns. 

crosses to the kitchen to pull down plates and napkins. she glances at the clock. del's bedtime is in a couple hours. king sometimes spends time with her, but more than likely she'll tuck her nose in a book and curl up on the couch. 

"got some of that yummy mac 'n cheese. and some salad, which the two of you are gonna eat." 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 13:54:11 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]As one both Waylands shake their head. Hatred of all things green and nutrious was a blood-trait. [Break][break]He catches Delta snickering so he too does the same.[break][break]"Brisket in the Mac at least?" A man can dream.
[break]

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 18:49:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

both of them shake their heads in unison and freya frowns, but it's mostly aimed at king. she'd never nag him in front of delta, but she's thinking be a good role model as she sets up the smallest amount of salad on the side of their plates. 

"'course, love," she says as she pulls off the top of the container. the smell of bubbly cheese and slow-cooked meat fills the kitchen quickly. she helps a plentiful serving for king and a moderate portion for delta. for herself, a small bit, backed by a bulkier salad. 

her stomach is in knots. she's nervous enough that choking this much down and carrying on any semblance of normal will be difficult.

"so the carnival should be coming around here soon. i was thinking maybe we could all go together?" she looks down at delta. "would you wanna go, del?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 2:11:43 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]They both know that salad won't be touched. But, it's the thought that counts.[break][break]Freya's question doesn't get a rise out of Delta — to be expected — as she instead focuses on forking food into her mouth.
[break][break]
"Sounds good ta me. Don't really fu-... Do clowns though."
[break][break]
He gives Freya a raised eyebrow look. She was being strange.
[break][break]
"Foods good though."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 5:08:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

watching him reign in his language brings a smile to her face. watching him do anything with delta at all seems to do that to her. even the way they fork at their mac is much the same. short, little jabs and quick jabs at their lips. 

most of the time, talking to delta is a one-sided conversation. but she wouldn't say it's like speaking to a wall. no, delta speaks when it's most pertinent, when her silence simply won't do

"good - i'm glad. i got a slice of seven layer cake too." delta's eyes glitter. "but i've hidden it until those salads disappear," she adds wryly. 

"didn't know you were scared of clowns though," she says after she chews slowly on a forkful of spinach and red onion. 

"but it does sound really fun. lots of rides and games and there are fireworks at night."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 0:13:42 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]A cake. Again, his suspicions rise, tempering themselves into action that will rear its head at the conclusion of this dinner.
[break][break]
It wasn't as if Freya wasn't the kind to treat King or his daughter, but it didn't happen enough to be simply accepted.
[break][break]
"Anyone in their right mind would fear clowns," he says simply. "Where do you think-" he looks at his kid out of the corner of his eye, before spelling out the next part. "- M A T I A S gets his inspiration from?"
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 0:39:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the idea is already sold, but that hasn't stopped freya from attempting to fill the silence. they usually don't mind sitting in silence. none of them particularly talk to ward away empty space, delta least of all.

freya's mouth quirks.

"something even less friendly," she says with a shake of her head.

delta finishes her food, sans the salad, and looks expectantly up at freya. and freya props her elbows up, drops her chin in her hands, and stares down at her.

"a dragon is not so easily swayed. salad or no cake."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 15:11:25 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Delta stares flatly at the woman before turning to look at King. They share a look, despite the stoicism that passes between them, one of sweet promises once the dragon turns her back.[break][break]After all a dragons greatest weakness were daring adventurers.[break][break]"Ye look tired." He says, starting the descent into murky waters. "Long day?"
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 15:50:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they'll be hard-pressed to find the slice she'd snuck into the back of the beer cooler all the way downstairs in nameless, but sure, let them try. 

she shifts some of the mac around on her plate and debates on how small of a bite she can get away with when king goes in for the attack anyway. she looks at him, one brow raised.

later, when they shed their clothes, he'll see the rashes on her sides where the algae pressed against her. the needled teeth marks on her ankles from where her own dragons bit her. 

her right hand is crossed with gauze. training accidents also aren't uncommon either, but her fingers flex at his question. the pain is a reminder of all she's yet to tell him, and all she won't tell him still. 

"it was, actually." she stands, taking her plate and placing it in the sink. she comes around the back of king's chair, drapes her arms over his shoulders, and ducks a kiss on his cheek. "i'm going to turn in early tonight."

she gives del a light ruffle of her hair as she passes, grinning as she says, "good luck finding the cake."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 12:54:43 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Delta had full run of the place of course. When your guardian could sense the aura of every living creature within' a mile, little could be of any real threat. Still, her adventures after she was placed to bed, were well kept secrets between her and the stoic Lucario.[break][break]
Cleaning up and other fatherly duties take him away from following. Still, it's not too long after that he's slipping through the bedroom door, ruffling through drawers.
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 14:46:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

once upstairs, she sinks to the closet. tucked in the back, under a pair of strapped sandals, is a shoebox. she tugs it out and flips the lid off. it had felt wrong, wrapping the thing in a hand towel, but it's the only thing she had on hand at the time. 

even in the low warm lights of their bedroom, the crown glitters. she holds it fast to her chest, staring unblinkingly at the ground. her nerves are skittering up and down her skin and through this act of solemn prayer, she reminds herself that whatever happens, she will remain whole. 

they lost each other once and she survived. she can do it again. 

by the time he enters, the crown is tucked back in its place. her dress is hanging in the closet. her makeup has been haphazardly scrubbed and she's wearing a slip of a nightgown to bed. she's under the comforter, phone in hand, scrolling through headlines. 

she darkens her phone screen and sits up, rubbing her eyes. 

he rifles through his drawers and she tilts her head thoughtfully and says, "the commissioner asked me to take a council seat."

a brief pause. "i said yes."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:59:24 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]The lining of King's jaw flares, muscles tensing and releasing multiple times in the span of a breath. His fingers curl around the old wood of the dresser, before he continues to dig around for what he was originally looking for.
[break][break]
His voice echoes from with-in.
[break][break]
"Nice ta see ye cared ta loop me in on yer decision, councilwoman."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:04:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his back tenses. she reads his body with careful precision. his anger is well known to her, but she doesn't fear herself. never herself, for his lashings. it burns him up from the inside, but there's no way of doing this without striking the kindling. 

"what would you have said? had i asked?" she fists the comforter in her hands and sits a little straighter.