Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:09:03 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]He turns to face her, pale eyes taking Freya in. They're not alight with the fire of rage, but instead, the smoldering of dead coals.
[break][break]
"Doesn't quite matter does it?"
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:16:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she pulls the comforter away and slips from the bed, frowning at hollow eyes. oh, my love, i do this for us. for you. for her. but he won't see it that way. he can't see past the fear and the anger and the image in front of the mirror, still slandered a turncoat. villain. betrayer. 

"it does," she says. she raises a hand and then thinks better of it, unsure if touch would help or hinder. "because i made a hard decision. and i knew it would hurt you. and now you have to make one in return."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:50:03 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"A hard decision?" His expression twists incredulously. "Sure as 'ell sounds like one. Y'know, with ye not consultin' me in the fuckin' slightest."
[break][break]
He slams the dresser shut, fingers clenched around a pair of boxers.
[break][break]
"Sittin' right next ta , , and the rest of the corrupt lot. My heart bleeds fer ye."
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:51:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the drawer slams, but she doesn't flinch. her gaze goes to the boxers in hand and then back up to his, arms crossing (because if she doesn't, she'd reach for him). her jaw sets.

"you would have said no," she answers for him. "they're part of the problem, but we've had this argument before. our disagreements aside, king, i'm -" hesitation, a choking in her throat, threatening the resolve on her face.

"i'm doing this for us."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:52:21 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Us
[break][break]
His breathe falls out of pace as the anger begins to suffuse his body.
[break][break]
"If ye were doin' this fer us ye would've talked ta me before hand. But, ye didn't. Don't bullshit me Freya."
[break][break]
His jaw flexes, and sets again.
[break][break]"Yer doin' this fer ye."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:52:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"no," she says vehemently, nails digging into the skin of her arms. "no, i'm not. how can we move forward as we are now? you're still a criminal. we can't see each other anywhere you'll get recognized. we can't own a home together. we can't protect her." she jabs a finger towards the door.

delta is, unsurprisingly, downstairs enjoying the cake while watching tv. it had taken her less than ten minutes to find.

"i'm doing this because it's what right. for the region, yes, but for us too." her voice wavers. she drops her gaze, thinks of the crown in her hands. the weight of it on her head.

that none of it mattered, in the end. only him.

she reaches now. indents on her arms from the pressure, but her hands are gentle now as they turn on him. one on his beating heart, the other hanging uselessly at her side.

"if you can't understand that, it's okay. if you can't forgive me, it's fine. i'll wait until you can." even if i have to wait years.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:59:11 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Her cooling tone only finds explosive heat.
[break][break]
"I CAN PROTECT HER."
[break][break]
His voice is thunder to such a small room, but its the echo of his fist meeting wood that truly roars. Despite years of training with Pokemon, he's still human. His knuckles are the only casualty, skin split as they drip red droplets.
[break][break]
"You becoming like them won't change the fact I'm a criminal. Ye don't all of a sudden lose yer wanted poster cus yer girlfriend gets a promotion."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:04:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and again, she does not flinch. there is a sinking feeling as she spies the blood sprouting on his knuckles. she doubts herself, for only a moment, but a moment nonetheless, when she swallows the fact that she is the cause of his pain. 

her words are measured. "you can protect her until you're taken. what about schooling for her? registering her trainer license? king, you're not going to be able to do these things without getting yourself found."

she rolls her tongue. "i'm fixing that. the...the rangers have a reform program. for rocket defects. has pull with dahlia. he knows what you did for . you haven't been active for over a year. i can do this. please let me do this."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:09:20 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Ye want me ta go ta the League, hat in hand, and ask 'em ta forgive me?"
[break][break]
That incredulous look returns only now its awash with anger, and in the tiniest amounts, disgust.
[break][break]
"The same League that left me ta rot in the first place? I've been fine fer six-years, Freya. Six-years. The only thing that's placed us in danger is ye. Now that yer a councilwoman yer in the spotlight. Yer gonna be the reason I'm dragged out ta the light and now ye want me ta accept that and climb on board?"
[break][break]
His next word is built on a foundation of steel and it shows no signs of bending, or breaking.
[break][break]
"No."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:15:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"no!" anger finally flashes a hot red. entwined as long as they've been, vulnerabilities laid bare, is that how he thinks she sees him? sees all of this? "that's not what i'm asking you to do. i'm asking you to play by their shitty rules so you can be a free man again, king."

she opens her mouth again to give him another impassioned speech, but he cuts her off. blames her. 

i lived with blame for twenty years. and i'll live with it longer, still. her exhaustion finally slips through with a twitch of her eye, the falling of her shoulders.

"what do you mean no?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:40:47 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]"I don't want ta play by their shitty rules!" He yells back. "I did that for half my life and where did that get me? Where did it get ?"
[break][break]
Blood trickles into the cracks of his fingers staining the fabric red.
[break][break]
"No. No as in I won't ask the League fer forgiveness. No I won't come crawlin' back to the same people that turned their back on me. No I don't-" deserve it "-want to."
[break]

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:47:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

rage. anger. vengeance. it cracks you. breaks you. pulls you apart splinter by splinter. every fist that flies, cracking skulls and breaking everything but yourself, it's easy to miss. and it's now, as he yells, her ears buzzing, she raises her hands and takes his fists in her own. 

blood stains her fingers. 

"i'm sorry," she whispers. "please, king. please don't make me lose you." her voice cracks. "not again."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:14:18 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Her touch is soothing, but is it enough?
[break][break]
Each breath felt like sucking air through a solid lead.
[break][break]
"What do you mean again?" His voice a whisper.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 1:02:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

these are the memories that hurt the least to recall. they bubble to the surface and she tastes acrid snow, hearthfire, a lonely cabin in the wood. his self isolation, the pain on his face, lines kneading into his skin as years pass and she's forced to watch from afar. 

her fingers tighten, grip ironclad and shaking.

"i can't," she says hoarsely, eyes smarting. "i'm asking you to trust me." she folds into him, hands leaving his to wrap tightly around him. holding him there in place, as though that can stop him from sending her out the door. 

"i love you, so please let me help you."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:12:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He's silent for a time. His anger courses through him until it putters. What's left is something worse.
[Break][break]
"I dont have the energy to do this. I'm going to shower," he says, separating the two of them.
[break][break]
"
We'll finish this later."
[break]

notes

@name[break][break]