awards
2,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 4:18:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she acquiesces and watches him go. and only when he's turned the corner does she sink. her legs shake and fold, palms come up to her eyes and tears shake free. her breath hitches, sob caught midway through because she doesn't want him to hear. can't let him hear. 

what do you mean again?

roused by the noise, no doubt, and the main perpetrator finally gone, moxie pokes her head out from under the bed. she blinks owlishly and then slithers across the floor, into freya's waiting arms.

"we knew he was going to be angry," she murmurs gently to the dragon, thumbing her snout. her tongue flicks out to swipe freya's wrist - a small symbol of affection. she gathers the bundle of pink scales and moves over to the bed.

sits cross-legged, waiting, hoping giving him space is the right thing to do, even if every fiber of her being is telling her to hold him and not let him go. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 1:30:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Thirty minutes past beneath the steady stream of hot water. His mind works in overdrive while his emotions play on shuffle.
[break][break]
Anger. Grief. Concern. Fear. Resignation. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
[break][break]
When he emerges from the shower he's still not entirely convinced his decision is the right one. Still, he opens the door, towel wrapped around his neck and held on either end with both hands, and looks defiantly at the councilwoman.
[break][break]
"Ye made this choice without me, but more than that, ye made it so ye can strongarm me into doin' what ye think was right." His jaw flexes, and flares, teeth grinding. "Then ye threw Delta in the mix. That wasn't somethin' I taught ye. They did. Silph did. Regardless of yer intention, ye tried ta manipulate me. I've been manipulated 'fore, ye know that, yet ye still did it."
[break][break]
He eyes do not shine with the heat of anger, but smolder like the dying embers that surround coal.
[break][break]
"Am I wrong?"

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 1:52:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
moxie falls asleep curled up between her legs. freya idly strokes the frills on her head. grief lingers over those thirty minutes as she idles between the here and there, swathed by a body twenty years older having already gone through the pain of losing him, caressed by the girl five years younger, seeking comfort from the ekans this dragon is named after. 

the shower water stops. steam drifts up from his shoulders, hair mussed and on end from when he must have dragged the towel through it. her heart aches. 

defiance blooms and billows in her eyes, but that prideful rage simmers as she presses her lips together. her fingers tense on moxie's side and the dratini stirs, rousing just long enough to glance sleepily at king and then curl back in on itself with a sigh. 

am i wrong?

she turns her cheek. you don't know a thing about - but he does. it may not have been bequeathed with an open palm, a supernatural mist, but he'd been manipulated all the same. by the people closest to him. people like her.

"you're not," she says softly.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
rising water
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:01:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]A part of him wishes she'd have lied. It would've made things so much easier to place his trust in her, to push the doubts and insecurities back into the furthest reaches of his mind.
[break][break]
King sighs, eyelids heavier than they had been a few moments before. Exhaustion seeps into that chink of his armor and fills him to the brim.
[break][break]
"I need ta think. I'll sleep on the couch ta'night."
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
rising water
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 2:13:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he'll come back. he's come back before. 

it does not make this any easier. she thought it might. it's the not knowing, really, that hurts the most. standing on the knife's edge with her arms at her sides, a gale of her own making twirling her around and around. 

"if that's what you need," she says. 

before he turns, she says, "i'll be here when you're ready."

i won't run away. not like them. 
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
rising water
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 21:03:15 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: