128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
I'm serving forever
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 5:48:15 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

There was something nostalgic about this part of town. Winding roads, pock-marked with cracked concrete and puddles. While he still experienced joy every now and then, it wasn't like it used to be. Like raising hell with Madeleine, and hearing an indignant "but daaaaad, I love him." Like he was an ill-behaved dog.

He was, in a way. Not in the "men are dogs" way; he was a golden-retriever of a man. Meeting him with any kindness made you one of his "friends". He liked to "bury bones" by flipping car parts and cramming the cash under the mattress. He played "tug of war" with people's wallets.

To that end, he was so surprised to see an old "friend". His eyes lit up, spotting the man in the night-market. Milo jogged down, flannel shirt wavering in the breeze like a cape. His hair, now grown out, often hung over his eyes.

Milo walked down to the nearest stall, picking up a little pastry. He then... continued his beeline, stopping just short of bowling the silver-haired man over. He spoke with a boyish tenor, and again like a dog, a little too excitable.

“Hey! It's been a minute, man! How have you been?”

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I'm serving forever
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 0:43:55 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

It's been a minute, alright.[break][break]

It's the excitement that has Ashley turn his head that direction. The voice one of a golden retriever he'd met within the Ultra Sea. A battle fought at the end of the rope, when he lost two of his own. The agony of that night no longer fresh on his conscience.[break][break]

"I've been alright." He calls back, a smile on his face. This was Milo. He met him in that space in the sea, where both were at their wits ends, and here, in the night market, Ashley was holding a thing of chicken, moving to place it in a basket that matted the plaid shirt sleeve onto his own beefy arm. "Just got back a week ago from a trip." He holds up his finger.[break][break]

"Engaged."[break][break]

He had told Milo about that, at least, he thinks he did. But...[break][break]

Then it dawns on him. And that smile disappears, as he looks away. The fact that he's considering leaving... just when Milo had fought to get in? What a terrible twist of fate. He even offered to drink with him and some of the rookies.[break][break]

Life truly was bitter sometimes.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT[break]
- Being seen on the street by Milo, Ash is happy to see him, and tells him he's engaged, came back a week ago from a trip.[break]
- A little dejected that he's leaving people like Milo in Rocket... burns, man.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
pressure cooker's got me runnin out
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
I'm serving forever
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 5:16:22 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Ashley was a welcome surprise. Moreso because he'd recognized Milo and given him the time of day. He'd grown his hair out, and grown into himself a little more. No more the sneering little boy, he was finally ready to leave the kids' table. Milo thumbed a drawstring on his hoodie, glancing down for a second.

A taiyaki as big as his palm, a dense little cake with a sweet potato filling. He took a bite, glancing up at Ashley. He seemed to be in good spirits. "Hell yeah, dude. That's awesome."

Milo glanced aside for a second. He disappeared off the map for a bit. Going back to the old him. Reselling clothes, gambling, and lying his way into bigger and better things. So to hear that Ashley was relatively stable was nice. He thought about visiting Kouji next.

Milo noticed Ashley's smile shrink, and him glancing away. He meant nothing mean by it, but he fought for eye-contact with him, with his cat-like eyes. Milo thought for a second, and wanted to comfort him.

“Are you good? Is it like, somethin' you can talk about, or...”

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I'm serving forever
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 9:29:00 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

It's not hard to see Ashley's smile fade, and Milo had taken note of it. The thousand yard stare straight ahead, looking past Milo, but the sweetness the guy possessed warmed his heart. Guy was just trying to comfort him.[break][break]

"I-" He wants to say yes. To wave away the trepidation of his return to Hoenn. If he can lie to a recruit, he can lie to anyone. But Ashley wears his heart on his sleeve. He did when he received his rating from the SPECTRA trial with and . He was on the lower end of the board.[break][break]

"I'll be fine." It's not fully a lie, but as he shrugs, he feels the tension build on his back. He can't stand to lie to the guy, he liked Milo. "Just had a lot on my mind, lately." He lets it slip. His facial expression says it all. Trouble and conflict matt his face, dotting it, as he attempts to mask it with a smile. Silver eyes seem to glaze over.[break][break]

He decides to let Milo in. "Okay. Here. I'll tell you." He gestures to a side alley. There, they'd get privacy.[break][break]

The moment they were alone... "No one can know. Cool?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT[break]
- Doesn't want to go into it, but he's giving the trauma-bomb face. But he enjoys Milo's company enough to at least go into it a little. Guy deserves to know.[break]
- Leading to an offshoot alleyway, he asks Milo not to repeat anything that is said there...

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
pressure cooker's got me runnin out
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
I'm serving forever
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 8:07:21 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Ashley met Milo with so much grace. So much more than he'd warranted. Frankly, a lot of the Deep Sea people he'd met were too kind to him. To someone for whom every bad thing that happened to him was his fault. He needed to connect with Kouji again; Milo was an only child, but for one brief day, he felt like a younger brother, cajoling him into doing something stupid.

Milo noted where he'd bitten his taiyaki, before pulling the cake in half. The half that looked untouched, he handed to Ashley, as a gesture of good will. He knew how important little gestures were. "I've been there. Stressed out, but all you got is "it is what it is.""

Milo nodded as he opened up a little. His nearly black, cat-like eyes widened. Ashley looked troubled. He didn't mean to pry or cause a fuss. There was an audible beat, a pause where it felt like Milo wanted to say something and held his tongue.

Milo agreed, and followed Ashley to the alleyway. He glanced aside, on the offchance that someone was watching, and tried to stand to obscure Ashley. One more grasping attempt at protecting him, and showing gratitude.

“I mean, I don't wanna bug you. I don't narc on people, even if it'd benefit me.”

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
I'm serving forever
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 21:39:39 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

There's a half-kinship he feels to Milo, shown by how unaffected he was by the taiyaki half-bitten from. The sweet potato filling has him relax his shoulders. The taste is sweet.[break][break]

Alright. He made the promise. And Milo even notes he wouldn't narc. That was enough for Ashley to trust him. He knew he could. He could Milo into this, or well, helped him.[break][break]

"I intend to leave Rocket."[break][break]

He says it flat, this alleyway away from everything, as he leans against the wall of a nearby stall, silver eyes downcast. It's... not a pleasant conversation. He never wanted to have it, but with Rocket acting so much worse than the League, and scarlet-stained guilt that drags him further and further downwards...[break][break]

"But I can't yet. Not without . Not without . I won't leave him this time." The memory from a long, long, looong time ago burns hotter now, as he grabs at his face. Made worse by the fact that now, he had openly stated it. To someone newer. And now... he just hoped that bridge didn't burn.[break][break]

... or worse.[break][break]

He just hoped that Milo would keep to his word. Funny things, words.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT[break]
- Man takes a bite from Milo's taiyaki. The sweet potato? Solid. He doesn't mind. But then ups and tells Milo what he intends to do.[break]
- He can't leave yet. But it is out in the open now... whether Milo would narc or not. That was on him.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]