48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
crime pays [mission/cillian]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:48:17 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
waiting is hard. there's a woman in a baggy hoodie and a hat pulled over her head furiously tapping her foot, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. she's wearing sunglasses that obscure her eyes, and thanks to her less than flattering outfit, the only thing of interest about her are her long acrylic nails. next to her sits a salandit, looking almost as bored as its presumed trainer.

when cillian approaches, she pulls her sunglasses down and winks at him. "about time, boss," velvet says cheerfully. being a public figure and a member of team rocket means she has to hide her identity on missions such as this. gone are her usual theatrics, with her impossibly long white-and-lilac hair and her noticeably bodacious figure. her voice, however, is something she's not bothering to disguise-- yet.

her salandit thumps its tail against the pavement, eager to get started. "i followed her here," velvet explains. "we can prob'ly just lure her into that alley and get the jump on her without anyone knowing any better." there's no sense of apprehension in her. she exudes her usual confidence, and she's clearly not at all concerned with the morality (or lack thereof) of what they're about to do. in fact, she seems almost giddy, a grin plastered on her face.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:02:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A barely-perceptible twitch of his lip is the only thing to betray what Cillian might be thinking as she addresses him so casually.[break][break]

He had a singular goal in mind for this mission: observe. Everyone tended to act differently around their superiors, Cillian included, and thus he reins in the desire to make any comment so as not to compromise his aim.[break][break]

He nods at her explanation, curt.[break][break]

"By all means, this is your show."[break][break]

He'd hardly learn anything about her if he gave her no room to breathe. She may follow well enough, but what were her inclinations when allowed to lead? How might she handle their mission? That's what he wants to know.[break][break]

"Tell me what needs doing and I'll do it."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG (no rewards for Cil)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
you shouldn't have messed with me, cuz i heard that you're afraid of monsters
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:07:08 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
"ooh, i love shows!" her grin curves wickedly. "can ya just wait over there at the other end of the alley so you can block the way if she tries to get away? i can handle the rest!" she gives him a cheeky salute, and ushers her salandit into the alley as well. it's not a good idea to give away all her cards, after all, and if their target sees a pokemon she might see trouble coming as well.

once that's taken care of, it's time to wait again. thankfully, they're not waiting long; after about seven minutes, a woman exits the building. she looks nervously around, but before she can scuttle away, velvet steps out in front of her. "excuse me?" she asks, pitching her voice up beyond its natural pitch. "umm... i dropped my glasses over there... would you mind helping me find them?" she gives the other woman a pleading look. velvet is shorter, and seemingly defenseless. it almost seems like she's done this sort of thing before, with how disarming she's being.

the woman-- the traitor-- hesitates. "well... i guess i can help for a moment," she says, finally giving in. velvet hurriedly grabs her by the arm and leads her over to the alleyway.

when their target turns her gaze away from velvet to look for the glasses she'd supposedly lost, velvet strikes. she lashes out a foot and hooks the other woman's leg with it, bringing her down onto the grimy ground. the other woman lets out a yelp. velvet plants a foot on her chest, grinding it in.

"...looks like i stepped in some trash." the innocence and warmth is gone from velvet's voice, leaving it frigid.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 20:58:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Sadistic, then.[break][break]

It was hardly surprising. There were several reasons one might be drawn to Team Rocket and their life of crime, and a craving for violence was not rare among them.[break][break]

"Certainly."[break][break]

He takes up a position at the other end of the alleyway, summoning a blood-and-rust colored Dhelmise to his side. The wicked creature disappears into its PHANTOM FORCE, poised to intervene if their target tried to bolt.[break][break]

Cillian, with the intent to avoid suspicion, lights up a smoke and leans against the wall to enjoy it. He doesn't so much as glance toward the duo as they enter from the other side, Velvet spouting some nonsense about missing glasses. He's surprised the traitor is so trusting, knowing that she'd betrayed Rocket. Knowing that they would hunt her down like a dog.[break][break]

At Velvet's snide comment, Cillian finally glances toward them. There is a plea in the traitor's eyes as they fill with tears of pain, a plea that goes unanswered by the disguised underboss. He sees the hope extinguished along with the light from her eyes when she realizes that this is no civilian saviour.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 2:02:25 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
the woman on the ground is trying to claw her way out from under velvet's foot. velvet is not particularly heavy nor particularly strong, but she can make this work in her favor. give them a little bit of hope, and then crush it as soon as they think they've escaped... that's the way she works best.

so the woman under heel manages to wriggle out, velvet keeping a smile on her face. but before the traitor can get to her feet, velvet snaps her fingers; there's a skittering sound as her salandit comes out of hiding, and then it's coughing up a glob of poison from its throat. the venomous substance-- venoshock, specifically-- lands on the woman's outstretched hand. it scalds and bubbles as she lets out a shriek of pain, clutching it with her other hand as she falls back to the ground. velvet crouches down, and her salandit snickers nearby. clearly it takes after its master in the sadism department.

"p-please! i had no choice...!" the woman cries.

velvet jabs her in the back. "you have no choice now, dear," she chides. "you're welcome to continue trying to run away, but..." she tilts her head. "i have always wondered what would happen if you used toxic on a person..."

her target sobs incoherently.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 22:04:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian watches the display the way one might watch a particularly interesting bug, equally disgusted and intrigued by its squirming. The pleas of the traitor bounce off a man well-known as a defector's worst nightmare.[break][break]

He removes the wig, smoothing back his blond hair. If anyone discovered them now, he'd be found out regardless.[break][break]

"You had a choice." Cillian speaks softly, but not kindly. Barely above a whisper, that the victim must focus to hear his words. "You chose to betray us. You knew exactly what that would mean."[break][break]

His gaze flicks up to Velvet. Do it he seems to affirm.[break][break]

Courtesy of , he knows exactly how it feels.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 18:03:47 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
the woman on the ground stares as cillian fully reveals himself. a plethora of emotions flicker across her face as she tries to decide between fight, flight, or fawn. she knows the latter won't work, and she already tried running. finally, she lowers her head and seems to accept her fate.

this isn't what velvet expected. if the woman had chosen fight, she would've had an easier time doing this. velvet's a bully and a crook, but she's never actually killed someone before. she was hoping this might happen a bit further down the road, after she'd had time to steel herself... she'd have no regrets, after all, if it had been her or them.

but it is her or them, right here, right now. it's just not in the form she expected. if she refuses, if she makes excuses, it could be her head on the chopping block next. and if there's one thing velvet asch hates, it's losing. she refuses to sacrifice any part of herself for the sake of others. she fully believes nobody else would do the same for her. the only one who can save you is yourself, she reflects. in that sense, this woman is already dead.

"use toxic," velvet tells her salandit. the pokemon, unlike velvet, doesn't stop for even a second. it hacks up another glob of poison, and it lands on the woman's exposed neck. the next few minutes are devoted to her heaving and convulsing, the poison working its way through her system. velvet folds her arms and refuses to look away, expression unreadable.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 20:40:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

TOXIC was a slow and insidious killer.[break][break]

It starts with a nausea deep in the gut. Sweat beads upon the woman's brow and drool slides from the corner of her mouth as it waters and her stomach heaves. The tremors kick in, next. If she hadn't already been on the ground, her knees would've given out as her muscles grow weak.[break][break]

It's not a quick death. It's not painless.[break][break]

He remembers begging for mercy, for relief, and even at times for death. There was always an ANTIDOTE at the end, right before his organs began to shut down. This woman would not be so lucky.[break][break]

Like , Cillian doesn't look away, but there is distance in his gaze.[break][break]

After several agonizing minutes, the alley fills with foul odour as the bowels give out. Holding his breath, his expression scrunched with disgust, Cillian summons his Dhelmise to take them away from the crime scene with its PHANTOM FORCE.[break][break]

At last, he turns his attention to Velvet.[break][break]

"Well done."[break][break]

It was always easiest when you knew they were already dead. His first had been easy, too.[break][break]

The next? Not so much.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 18:05:57 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
the only movement from the woman on the ground now are her death spasms. soon her body will seize up and cease its twitching, muscles growing rigid as rigor mortis sets in. velvet's seen corpses before, though she's never been quite so close. it's completely different from how she thought it would be. at some point, "the woman" became "the corpse", her personhood gone forever. now she was just an object.

velvet looks up, meeting cillian's eyes. "do we just leave it here?" she asks, pursing her lips. wild urban pokemon will probably converge on their location once they've abandoned the alleyway. depending on how long it takes for someone to find her, they might dispose of the body all by themselves before she's discovered. if that's the case, she'll likely be listed as 'missing' for the rest of her life.

something shiny catches her eye. velvet reaches down and unhooks a bracelet from the corpse's wrist. well, she won't be needing this anymore, she reasons.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:48:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

She will find his amber gaze impassive, its sunlight swallowed by shadow.[break][break]

There is no remorse. He feels nothing as he looks down at the woman when Velvet speaks. He doesn't even feel righteous anger toward her betrayal of Team Rocket; he hadn't known this traitor. She'd defected before his time in Rocket's brass. She hadn't been important.[break][break]

Rocket didn't care how little you knew, nor for the reasons of your betrayal. You did not walk away from the family alive.[break][break]

He shrugs, ambivalent to the body's final fate.[break][break]

"If you wish to dispose of it, by all means. This is your mission."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 2:47:42 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
"ehhh... hm," is the only noise that leaves velvet as she observes the sorry state of the corpse before them. she's not exactly strong, and even team rocket could get in trouble if they're caught carrying a corpse around... she supposes they could try to find a nearby dumpster so they can get rid of the evidence of their crime, but the longer they remain in the vicinity the more likely they are to run into trouble. velvet's reputation wouldn't survive if she was caught with a dead body. probably.

she reaches into her bag and unscrews a lipstick container. kneeling, she writes something in pink on the back of the woman's body; a big "R", to send a message to anyone who finds the corpse. this is what happens, velvet reflects. you may think you've outsmarted them, but they'll find you eventually... it's just karma.

she pockets the lipstick again. "'kaayy," she says, straightening up. "let's just go then."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:28:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian almost laughs at the absurdity.[break][break]

Instead, his lip gives a nigh-imperceptible twitch before he regains his composure. It was a testament to his utter lack of morality that he could find this situation amusing at all.[break][break]

She calls for an end to the mission, and Cillian nods.[break][break]

In a swirl of Dhelmise's PHANTOM FORCE, they'd be whisked away from the scene of their crime. They find themselves in a building likely unfamiliar to Velvet; it's one of Rocket's safehouses, a bare-bones apartment stocked only with essentials.[break][break]

Cillian opens a window to air out the musty interior.[break][break]

"How do you feel?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 17:00:04 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar
she's not expecting the phantom force, though to her credit she doesn't freak out. upon "landing" in the apartment, she stumbles a little, catching herself before it can become a problem. looking around, she takes in the sights... or rather, the lack of sights. there's barely anything in here. clearly nobody lives in this apartment, judging by the fine layer of dust everywhere and the sparse furniture.

"how do you feel?" velvet raises an eyebrow at that. oh, like you care... then again, i guess this is just another part of the mission. trying to test if i have the stomach for this kinda thing. she is, admittedly, unnerved by the encounter. she supposes most people would find their first kill rather hard to swallow, but velvet isn't trying to be like 'most people'. it's a good thing she's well-practiced at playing pretend.

her posture relaxes, and the tension is wiped away from her face. "hungry," she says, sounding bored. "and ready to go home. i have some leftover takeout i reaaaally wanna finish. we good to wrap this up?"
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 15:19:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He doesn't miss the look.[break][break]

He can't read her mind, but he makes an educated guess based on his own experience being asked the same by men like .[break][break]

Why do you care?[break][break]

Rocket cared. He bled purple and breathed red.[break][break]

He sees the shift in Velvet as she decides that he is not a man she can trust with vulnerability. She's right.[break][break]

"We're good," he affirms. "Take care exiting the safe-house."[break][break]

Without warning nor goodbye, he disappears into a similar PHANTOM FORCE, leaving behind only wisps MIASMA and the stench of cigarette smoke.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 18:50:30 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

VELVET RECEIVES THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: