Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Stamp Collecting [Luka/M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 22:39:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

Meet your heroes! A once in a life time opportunity to meet the people you've oh-so-admired from afar for so long in person!

Doug hadn't really intended to take part in it— long gone were the days when he was a gym leader, after all— but as a member of AQUA, apparently he qualified.

He wondered if the people were confused by the fact the so called superhuman before them was dressed in the magnificent funtasia's medical staff uniform.

"There. Much better, eh?" He said to a small kid as he finished applying the spinarak-branded band-aid upon his knee, giving a small chuckle. "Try to be careful out there, yeah?"

He matched the child's wide grin with his own, nodding at his boy's mother with a slightly gentler smile before rising from his crouch, waving his hand as they left the med tent.

Turning back to his desk, the youth briefly wrote down something on his pad, humming.

"A single scale was fairly effective." He observed to himself, pocketing his pad shortly before exiting the tent— and immediately running into someone. "OUP!"

Stamp:
-Cheer up a distressed kid.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 6:49:49 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

A carnival is made to test one's reflexes in more ways than one. Trying to avoid bumping into the crowd should be another game entirely, honestly! Luka doesn't mind the people or the noise, but she still tries to be as careful as possible as she navigates around, especially with so many children running about.[break][break]

One in particular comes bursting out of a medical tent, his mother fruitlessly calling for him to slow down as he sprints to freedom. Luka quickly skirts out of the way, just barely managing to avoid the child that nearly crashes into her legs. However, her side-step unknowingly puts her right into the path of someone else, and this time she goes banging right into them.[break][break]

"O-oh, gosh! I'm sorry!"[break][break]

It's little more than a bump, and though she stumbles a little Luka manages to right herself quickly. An apologetic smile is all it would take to move on from this faux pas, though she realizes with a start that she actually knows exactly who she'd just run into.[break][break]

"Oh!" she repeats, her smile a little happier now. "Gosh, fancy seeing you here! It's been...well, it's been, erm..." Her cheerfulness falters as she remembers the bizarre circumstances of their last meeting, but she does her best to try and push past it. Thinking about Galar too hard hasn't been doing her any good.[break][break]

"Actually, I was—" she pauses a moment, then shakes her head. "That is, erm...they gave me two," she finishes, brandishing a Dipplin-shaped caramel apple at the young man. A little white lie is much better than admitting her date to the carnival had failed to show up.[break][break]

"A-and like, I've got a sweet tooth, but it's a bit too much for me! Do you want one?"

prompt: offer a carnival treat[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 14:04:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

"No need to apologize. I should've been more careful." He said with a smile, patting himself off briefly.

Well then. Wasn't this a fortuitous meeting?

"— bit of a while, yes." He finished her sentences with a laugh, fixing her with an amused look. "How have you been, your majesty?"

He wondered if she remembered that part of their time there. If she didn't, it was safe to assume she likely remembered nothing.

Casually, he plucked the extra sweet apple off her hands, tipping it her way with a smile.

"Don't mind if I do, then. Thanks!" He said, before biting into it.

Sweet, caramel-ey goodness.

"Here on your own, Ms. Chêne?"

Stamp:
-Eat a carnival treat.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 16:51:54 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Ah—"[break][break]

Doug's use of her title catches her off guard. It's not entirely unpleasant, but still feels odd somehow— as if he isn't referring to her, but a ghost of someone that no longer exists. The things Luka remembers about Galar are blurred and hazy, and trying to recall anything with perfect clarity feels like reaching into a dream that isn't hers.[break][break]

Thinking about it too hard makes her head hurt, so she brushes it off. Doug's acceptance of the treat frees up one of her hands, and now she can actually eat her own apple with ease.[break][break]

"Erm...yeah, I suppose so," she admits with a soft laugh. "The rangers are hosting a booth so I helped them out for a while, but then I— w-well, um, I just decided to have a look around on my break."[break][break]

Another little white lie, and it tastes as bad as the first. Luka swallows it down and smiles twice as sweetly to make up for it.[break][break]

"What about you?" she asks, peeking around the man and into the tent he'd just walked out of. A bit of caramel clings to the corner of her mouth. "Are you working? I'd hate to keep you too long!"[break][break]

prompt: eat a carnival treat[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 19:51:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

"Not at all— matter of fact, I just started my break." He said with a cheeky wink, chomping on his apple once more.

Seemed like Queen Luka was among those (un)fortunate enough (your mileage may vary) to have forgotten their experiences in Galar. Pity.

He couldn't help but wonder how much of that was truly forgetting, and how much might be... repressing. Had anyone looked into it...? Probably not.

Hmm...

"Saaay, Ms. Chêne~!" He began cheerily. "Kinda curious 'bout the ranger tent now. What are you guys even up to? Magikarp fishing?"

He hoped so, he was really good at that game.

"Mind showing your local nurse around?" He said with a grin. "I'll give you a discount on your next free band-aid if you do."

Stamp:
-Reference magikarp fishing.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 2:41:13 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh, perfect!"[break][break]

Any semblance of guilt at pulling Doug away from his duties immediately evaporates. Luka beams up at him (had he always been so tall?) and takes another large bite of her apple while he continues to speak.[break][break]

"Ehe, not quite. Actually, I feel kinda bad for the Magikarp in games like that..." Spoken like a true ranger, even if her duties are mostly behind a desk.[break][break]

"We've got a little water balloon shooty game. It's fun, but I don't think we realized how wet it would be." She rolls her eyes and gestures to a patch of skirt that sports a dark water stain. "But yes, I'd love to walk around! No bribery required."[break][break]

The area set aside for the medical tent is relatively calm and quieter when compared to the rest of the carnival. After just a short walk the pair are thrown right back into the hubbub, and Luka has to raise her voice to be heard over the crowd. "What do you want to do? Games? Or a ride? Or there's like...real food around somewhere, I think!"

[break][break]

prompt: reference magikarp fishing[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 17:36:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

"What's that?" Doug said as he turned around to face Luka, a mushroom skewer in his mouth.

"... Want one?" He said, raising another skewer up to Luka's face with his other hand.

Behind him, a lady behind a stand wiped the sweat off her brow as she shoved his money in a small box before going back to the grill.

After a few moments, the ranger's words properly registered in his brain, leading to a small hum, before he raised his voice over crowd.

"I'm curious 'bout the water balloon game, actually!" He said with a snicker. "It's way too hot out here— I could use a splash or two!"

STAMP: offer a carnival treat

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 3:03:47 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh, sure! Thanks!" Luka takes the offered mushrooms gratefully. There's no way Doug would know that she doesn't eat meat, but it warms her heart nonetheless.[break][break]

"Hehee, look at it go," she giggles, waggling her skewer around in a silly sort of dance. "It's a pretty fun-guy, don'tcha think?"[break][break]

The joke hangs in the air, and Luka clears her throat, embarrassed.[break][break]

"Um. Anyways! Yeah, I can take you there! It's pretty fun. You just aim and shoot! Except it's kinda hard, because the balloons are like...rubbery, y'know? So sometimes they bounce off. But there is splashing!"[break][break]

Luka continues to munch on her shrooms as they weave through the carnival, making a beeline for the ranger booth.[break][break]

"But you know, I actually thought and should do a tug-of-war contest with the rangers," she confesses as they near the stall. "It'd be perfect! You get two hot guys competing with each other- with like a team, but whatever. It's exciting! And maybe one of them takes their shirt off and it's like, woaaaah..."[break][break]

She's rambling again, and her cheeks pinken at the realization that she's actually saying these things out loud. "I-I'm just saying! Not for like, me, b-but from a PR perspective! It's like, um...i-it's a good way to draw a crowd, is all!"

[break][break]

prompt: reference a tug-of-war contest[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 23:48:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

What silence? What hanging in the air?

Luka voiced a terrible, no good, very bad joke-pun, and Doug immediately, inelegantly lurched forward, a pig snort rocking his throat while he struggled to keep from spitting out his mushrooms.

"Hrkgh-hwahaha! That's freakin' terrible!" He cackled, voice raspy as he banged his fist against his chest. "Criminal, even. Darn near killed me!"

At least someone found it funny.

And the conversation, somehow, only got funnier the longer he allowed Luka to dig her own hole.

"You could make a ditch with a plastic spoon, jeez." He teased as the pinkette attempted to save face— much too late for it to have any effect.

"The head rangers are pretty hot though..." The youth conceded with a hum as he tipped back his head, imagining the two mighty men, muscularly struggling in an all out tug-o-war... while stood off to the side and watched the idiocy unfold.

"Seems 'bout right." He quipped with a snort, smiling over at Luka before winking. "No need to worry, Ms. PR manager. Good gentlemen don't kiss n'tell. I'll take the fact you're a pervert to my graaave."

prompt: reference a tug-of-war contest
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 7:33:54 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
At first she thinks it's a pity laugh, because no one's ever really found her that funny before.[break][break]

But as Doug continues to devolve into hysterics Luka starts to laugh along with him, and perhaps it's the good mood he'd put her in that leads to her taking her entire foot and cramming it into her mouth.[break][break]

"Ehh? N-no I'm not!" Her hands fly in front of her face, waving about frantically as though trying to physically dispel the accusation. "I, I'm...I-I'm a pure and innocent girl, I swear!"[break][break]

But she's laughing again, even though her face is still red and part of her wants to jump onto one of those tauros rodeo rides and let it fling her into the sun. It's the good kind of laugher, she decides— Doug isn't mocking or cruel, but good-natured. Fun.[break][break]

It's nice, letting herself go a little. Perhaps she'd let her own PR training get into her head, because it's the first time in a long time she hasn't been fussed over her own image.[break][break]

"If you're reading too far into it, that makes you the pervert," she accuses with a huff. It would hold more weight if she weren't still smiling. "But whatever. Whatever! We're here," she says, gesturing vaguely to the ranger booth and the games set up around it.[break][break]

"All proceeds are going to the rangers," she continues— all business again, but with a cheeky smile this time. "And since you think they're so hot you're gonna buy like ten rounds, right?"

[break][break]

prompt: reference a tauros rodeo game[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 0:14:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

"Ah, the rubber and glue defense. Hadn't heard that one since... what, elementary?" Doug cracked back as they finally arrived the star, the gem, the center-attraction of the whole festival.

The Rangers' Booth!

Seeing Luka's cheeky smile, Doug couldn't help but match her tone, looking almost too smug as he locked his digits together and stretched them over his head, a myriad of pops cracking from his knuckles.

"Hmm, I dunno..." Doug said as he gave her a grin. "Do ya guys have enough prizes in there? 10 wins in a row is a lot, ya know?"

He slapped his cash onto the table with a confident look, moving to stand behind the water gun.

"I dedicate this brilliant victory to you, PR girl~." He said, tongue sticking out the corner of his lip, as he closed one eye to aim.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 4:22:51 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh, oooohh! T-those are fighting words, aren't they?!"[break][break]

Whether or not Doug wins his first round, Luka decides to try and prove herself right alongside him. The fellow ranger now manning the booth gives her a quizzical look, a 'weren't you just here?' kind of expression, but shrugs it off and lets her buy a few rounds of her own.[break][break]

"I've been running this thing all day, so I know how it goes!" she brags, making a big show of aiming at the targets: various water pokemon that smile adorably up at them. "Just watch!"[break][break]

Luka points, shoots, and misses the target entirely.[break][break]

"Ah..."[break][break]

The poliwag she'd been aiming for smiles sappily up at her.[break][break]

"Never mind. Please never look at me again."

[break][break]

prompt: lose at least one carnival game[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 14:01:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

"No can do. I was lookin' alright." Doug said wryly. "So... your fault I missed."

He stuck his tongue out at her, before giving a thumbs down at his much sassier, thoroughly dry target, the horsea looking much more unimpressed with Doug than Luka's polywag.

"Don't you sass me! You're going down, horse-face!" He boomed, brushing aside his first loss as if he hadn't been bragging about perfect victories 20 seconds ago.

"Round 2!"
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 18:34:31 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Oh no! Wait, I'm sorry!"[break][break]

She hadn't meant to actually make Doug miss! In retrospect it's kind of funny, but Luka can only take the joke so far. She hasn't quite mastered the art of playful ribbing yet.[break][break]

"Okay okay, I won't distract you anymore, I promise! In fact, I'm rooting for you this time! I'm no good at this game anyways, see?"

She twirls her pistol around, points, and shoots aimlessly without looking at the target.[break][break]

It hits, and her nemesis poliwag goes down immediately. Luka, still watching and rooting for Doug's success, doesn't even notice.

[break][break]

prompt: win at least one carnival game[break]mission[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 18:53:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Stamp Collecting

Hello again,

"Wha— No, I didn't actually mean th—"

Boom. Headshot. Down went a pollywag, leaving both Doug and the Horsea standing besides the (not) dead tadpole in absolute shock.

"... Snrk." The snicker came before he could even pretend to be offended. "Was that a flex, PR girl?"

A Polliwag doll was slapped on the table by the very entertained ranger behind the counter, granting Luka her prize.

Oh, it was on.

"Oh hell naw!" Doug declared, lining up his next shot right between the horsea's eyes—

Only for it to duck under it, making his jaw drop.

"The HELL?!"
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights