she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 23:48:02 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

this was perfect. unexpected, but perfect. some secretary or another got to the crown and alerted them, and in extension olivia, of the commissioner's flight into sootopolis. and just in time too. the castle was nearing completion, nearly seven stories now, the tallest towers seemed to tickle the clouds. the upper floors were still under construction, but it was magnificent to behold. every day, more and more tourists and citizens alike gathered to snap a pic of the expanding gym.

today, however, there was more than just the usual crowd waiting. someone had leaked to the media that dahlia would be visiting queen of ruin. olivia could only guess , what with his big mouth and constant, what was it... 'tweeting'. regardless, paparazzi now swarmed at the boundary of the construction zone, itching for a chance to see the two women of power together. olivia was thrilled. gods only knew she could use some popularity with the rest of the region and sootopolis still too. what better way than welcoming the commissioner into the castle, and giving her a tour of the city?

dressed in an elegant, yet comfortable, gown of pearl white embroidered with small sapphires on the hem, elbow length gloves, and of course, tall stilettos that looked like they could poke an eye out. olivia was ready to meet with miss goode.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-spinner"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Tour time!

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 7:34:55 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

the loudest of birds built their nests big, dahlia tells herself. they adorn them with trinkets from faraway lands, arresting the rays of a hoenn sun in their overwhelming exorbitance.

dahlia does not dress up. she dresses down. although a short distance away in evergrande, she finds traveling tiring- even more so, after her kidnapping. clad in the thinnest of armors, she wears a simple professional get-up of white and black.

she arrives by dragonite, two bodyguards tailing her as the winds of her dragon spiral upon landing. safe within the crater, the commissioner comfortably detaches from her men as she waves to olivia, eyes catching the diamonds of light scattered by the gym leader's embroidery.

"ms. abbiati, you look positively gorgeous! you didn't need to dress up for me." dahlia laughs, her black sneakers crossing squares of white sootopolian rock. she leans forth, kissing the other's cheeks in greeting as her dragonite looks upon sternly.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 16:35:29 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
when word got to her that the commissioner was traveling by pokémon, olivia had space cleared in the courtyard so that she may greet goode once she landed. members of the crown held back the sea of curious tourist and paparazzi alike as dahlia made her descent.

olivia is greeted by compliments and a peck on the cheek, cameras flashing as she returned the friendly gesture. oh this was going to look absolutely fabulous in the papers. “oh how kind of you to say, commissioner goode!” olivia cooed. another bright light snapped a picture of the two before olivia said, “come, come, let us get inside and i’ll give you a quick tour of what i have been working on before we explore sootopolis.” the silver haired woman waited a moment before leading the commissioner of hoenn through the grand ashen doors.

inside was the main atrium, fully outfitted and decorated. a large indoor fountain was in the center spewing water a couple of feet into the air. etched into its pale stone base were the myths and legends of hoenn, circling the entire thing before ending on itself. more importantly, however, were the life sized statues that lined the fountain. each one was a prior gym leader of sootopolis with the center one being that of the recently fallen .

that being the main focus for the eyes, it may be easy to miss the other decor. greenery was potted throughout the white marble floors and two artificial streams ran around the perimeter of the room, spilling into a gate that presumably led outside. a grand staircase on either side of a platform led to the second floor opposite of the entrance, multiple hallways jutting out to other parts of the castle could be seen, as well as a grand spiral staircase for each of the towers that were connected to the main hub.

“welcome to silver spire, commissioner goode.” olivia turned to dahlia, speaking above the construction that was still bringing done on other parts of the castle. out from the fountain came meara, her vaporeon. “pardon the mess and noise, we aren’t quite done, but the main floors and the gym area have been completed.” she explained with a smile.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 8:44:35 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"show me what you've been working on? you've been so busy, olivia. i don't know how you do it." dahlia shakes her head, rings of blonde cascading against her cheek.

upon olivia's guidance, she wades into the spire. half out of interest and half out of a powerful desire to flee the incessant paparazzi-flashes. however, it is not the flash that stuns her. it is the immense opulence and size of the architecture that paralyzes her. a momentary flinch.

a sad note sobers her. she glimmers past the sculpture of petrov and settles her open jawed awe into the palm of her hand. olivia's voice recalls her into lucidity alongside the appearance of a sweet vaporeon.

"oh no! renovation is... neverending. it's gorgeous. everything is." dahlia says, the wonder still jeweled in her breath. "are you ever worried that a meteoroid might strike again?" a joke, but one that may be lost within the grandeur of the embellished expanse.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 18:20:44 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
truthfully, which was rare enough when it came to olivia, she didn’t know how she managed to get half things she did DONE. she, of course, had and to help with gym work. the latter focused on decorating the palace with his unique taste and the former training, ever loyal and battling when called upon. her two dogs.

olivia watched her superior take in the sheer size castle, gauged goode’s responses, and was ready with a warming smile and icy wit. “why, thank you commissioner goode. it has been a group effort in recreating this ancient house.” olivia noted lightly, although whether she meant restoring the building itself or her clan was up for debate. she gave the purring vaporeon a scratch behind her ears before praising, “the glory goes to the fine craftsmanship of the guilds of sootopolis: masons, carpenters, engineers - the list seems to be never ending. and to the gods of course, they shall always have their share of glory.”

olivia added with a carefree giggle, “besides, the gods are happy! the only meteors i need have worry of are those that may summon with those dragons of his.” she waved a hand as if that would get rid of the countless lives lost due to silph’s mistake. or it might bring more attention to the matter.

regardless, olivia had made her point. she asked, “would you like to explore the rest of the castle or the city itself? or both, if you care to. balder has his forge completed, there’s a lovely greenhouse that even got ’s approval, or my private library if you so wish.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2019 22:19:14 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"why would fernando do such a thing?" dahlia's laughter echoes against the beautifully crafted walls as it ascends and fades. "dragons might seem intimidating, olivia, but what can they do against a fairy?"

another breath and she fights the urge to scratch her head. the fine designs. the chichi configurations. after the initial layer of flamboyance is burned away, she's left with numbers, like a digital photo stripped away to reveal its binary code.

"i'd love to see more of the castle, but... how did you get all the funding for this, olivia?" dahlia moves toward the gym leader's vaporeon, inclining to see if meara would accept a pat.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2019 18:33:36 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
giggle and laughter like that of a fairy. no fears. no need to save face. not even when faced against threats within one's own ranks did the blonde seem concerned. not until the matter of money did olivia note the change in her demeanor. it was not the question she had been expecting.

"would you believe me if i said the tooth fairy?" olivia jested with a flash of her pearly whites. "but the budget for this came from my family's funds - save for the actual gym area, as that portion of the castle must be kept to league standards and updated as need be." she explained. meara tiptoed her way towards dahlia and sniffed her extended hand, before nuzzling her head up against the commissioner's palm.

"if i may be frank, my family has been waiting for generations to reconstruct our home." olivia began, azure eyes taking in the grandeur around them. she noted, off handily, "we used blueprints older than any of the residents of the city to build this castle, albeit with some modern commodities updated into the plans." her gaze wandered along the fountain, hopping from each set of lifeless eyes of prior gym leaders. "silver spire is ancient, commissioner, and once lost to time. now it has been restored... and have we unearthed more questions than answers. questions much older than i could have predicted."

ocean eyes rested on her most recent predecessor before finding dahlia's gaze. olivia remarked somberly, "deadly, dangerous questions." her vaporeon began to purr in such a way that mimicked the cascading waters of the fountain. "do you know why i came to hoenn, commissioner goode?" she asked. "why i dropped my work in sinnoh in an instant to come here; a region plagued by scandal and terrorism galore?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 8:39:18 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

for now, dahlia relaxes. she has to remind herself that she is away from the office. away from her desk. quietly, she focuses on the clean narration of her counterpart and the delicate clack-clack-clack of her shoes.

as olivia turns inquiry to her, dahlia pushes her soles into the ground with her sneakers. "i've been meaning to ask. of course, we have reports... background checks." she takes a step forth, her skepticism loosening with a welcoming grace.

"but i'd love to hear it from you. personally. why did you come here?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 3:09:39 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
direct, no longer hiding behind the pleasantries required by the public, was how the commissioner approached. olivia respected that, and answered as honestly as she felt necessary. "because this place is my home." she replied curtly, her frosty gaze trained on the commissioner. "despite the protest of some who would try to desperate my name at by calling me a foreigner, this city is where i belong. i will protect it and its denizens with my all, no matter who the foe may be."

while olivia had not named anyone in specific, her previous comments shifted suspicion to those within the league. "that is my primary reason for being here, commissioner goode. short of that, i am here to rediscover the lost history of not only my clan but that of sootopolis." she turned to the fountain once more, her ocean eyes reflecting the spouting water, and began to make her way towards it. her high heels clacked against the polished floor and olivia smoothed her gown and carefully sat on the edge of the fountain.

she ran a manicured hand along the white salty stone, "what secrets have been buried by ages long gone. what we have forgotten - what hoenn has forgotten." her head turned, slender neck draped in a necklace of silver and sapphire, "and what we need to remember in these trying times."

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 5:42:52 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"i never knew you were such a historian." dahlia laughs, but this is no mockery.

it's charming. how olivia sinks into her grandeur and admiration of times long gone. although dahlia possesses the same interest in digging deep into the past, her time is much too divided. cut by office walls and ticking hands.

"well, hoenn welcomes you with open arms, olivia." dahlia feels as if she can now. as if she can touch her with an empathetic pat of the shoulder. "anyone who says otherwise? well, they can take the next ship out of here."

"if rediscovering your ancestral grounds is what you desire... let me offer my help. what can i do for you, olivia abbiati?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 2:08:05 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

what could the most powerful woman in hoenn do for her? olivia could have listed any number of things, but instead, she turned to look the commissioner straight in the eye. her titanic gaze crashed upon dahlia like a tsunami as she said, "trust. i need your trust, commissioner." she rose from her seat on the fountain so they could look at one another on the same level.

she moved a stray silver strand out from her face, continuing, "the people are slowly coming to see me as one of their own but the council? the rest of hoenn?" there was a silent third, but the name didn't need to be spoken. silph. "there are those that will do all they can to keep a foreigner out of place, or a woman out of power." she added tentatively.

"if you can provide me with trust and support, i ensure you i will not fail you or hoenn. as a united front, we, women, can do anything." olivia declared.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 7:20:23 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

trust. olivia is asking for trust. oddly enough, this is a new experience. a new scene. dahlia realizes that all this time, she has been attempting to win the trust of her colleagues. now, in a dramatic shift of roles, dahlia plays the part she thought she was always meant to play.

"of course you have my trust, olivia." dahlia smiles. she pulls one of olivia's hands into her own, clasping it firmly. "truth be told, it's nice to have a girlfriend around."

she laughs, voice winged with a silvery echo.

"just do your best. that's all i can ask." dahlia says. "the pressures of work can pile up, olivia. it's best to relax when you can." she flexes her toes and her shoes lift. "and for that reason, i'm wearing sneakers today."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 20:27:42 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

it was as if the cold unyielding pressure of the deep sea had been lifted off her shoulders. olivia had someone she could trust, seemingly, and who trusted her. she wasn't entirely alone in the mess that was hoenn politics.

she let out a sigh of relief and visibly relaxed. the regal disposition faded into that of a middle aged woman as she said, "thank you, commissioner." she added with a smile, "they look far more comfortable than what i have on." a short chuckle followed, airy and light - and in this rare moment, free of the strain and stress of ruling.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
paparazzi [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 0:31:26 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"oh just call me dahlia."

the commissioner accepts the other's composure. drinks it, for within the hallowed space, there is the faintest taste of normalcy. just for one illusory moment.

"oh these?" she says, twisting briefly to view her shoes once more. "they're nothing. they're cheap! i have to admit, sometimes i sneak in an online purchase here and there during a meeting that drones on... for far too long."

a shoelace's knot loosens. one string's aglet scrapes quietly against the floor.

"is there anyone you're worried about in particular? fernando and his dragons?" she asks without laughing. "i know there are... some personalities in the league. it's to be expected. but let me reassure you, just in case."