i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Pushing a little further [Duo Wild]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 16:37:51 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam was currently making his way though route 115. Not only just to take in the sights but the route was a good connection between the city of Rustboro and Meteor Falls so any time he was in the area and wanted to take a shortcut to either place he would just cut through here.

However, almost every time he did he often forgot how much going up and down one did traveling here, constant hills and cliff-sides. It made for a good workout so he wasn’t complaining too much and hey if in the process he found some wild Pokémon or battled some trainers that would be great.

He needed to get around to battling more. While he did keep up with his training and was consistent there it didn’t mean much if he could flex his results and duke it out with some unsuspecting sucker-or erm a fellow respectable trainer!

In all honestly it was that battler in his blood that always thirsted for battle regardless of how much time had passed or how much of a changed person he is compared to his younger days. There were just some things in this life that never truly changed no matter what you did and this was one of those things.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 20:22:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]
[attr="class","mareep2-pokemon"]

[attr="class","mareep2-wrapper"]
[attr="class","mareep2-post"]

Bryony, out of some unreasonable need to prove her own strength to herself, declines a ride up route 115. She says she can do this and maybe she could have on a cooler day but it's hot and her water is running out and she realizes, halfway there, this is much harder than she anticipated.

[break][break]

Out of breath, dizzy, face both pale and flushed, she stops walking. Her legs hurt. They burn. Her lungs feel as if they're filled with smoke. Bryony looks at the top of the hill with dead eyes. Heaving out a sigh, she lets herself collapse at the edge of the path. Her back presses to a rock and Bryony stretches her legs out.

[break][break]

Time passes in that surreal sort of way where both an hour could have gone by and at the same time, only a minute. Her attention diverts from the sky when the sound of footsteps draws closer. Pride compels her to stand and Bryony tries to pretnd she has not overexerted herself by returning to her climb. Her cape billows behind her.

[attr="class","mareep2-tagged"]

[attr="class","mareep2-lyrics"]
these infinite possibilities lost stars black holes

[newclass=.mareep2] background: #2b2b2b; width: 470px; border: 1px solid #222; margin: 0 auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-wrapper] padding: 40px; border-right: 100px solid #dea02c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-post] text-align: justify; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #bbb; line-height: 14px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-right: -45px; margin-left: -30px; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a] color: #777!important; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; margin-right: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a:before] content:"#"; color: #dea02c; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; margin-right: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-lyrics] background: #1b1b1b; padding: 20px; margin: -40px; margin-top: 0; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; color: #aaa; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-lyrics i] color: #dea02c; font-style: normal; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon] position: absolute; right: 30px; top: 30px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon span] display: block; margin-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 17:02:51 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Deep into the route Adam came across a sight that he wasn’t really expecting to see today. A face that he hadn’t seen in a while stood before him…well she was doing her best to stand. It was sort of easy to tell that she was out of breath and exhausted.

”Man I’ve just been running into everyone it seems nowadays!” Seriously was there some sort of class reunion that he hadn’t heard about or something? Familiar faces were popping up left and right nowadays but I guess he shouldn’t be that surprised, Hoenn was sort of the place to be recently.

Looking the woman over again he folded his arms and rose a brow. ”Been pushing yourself a bit much there?” He’d ask, concerned for her well being. ”Barely look like you can stand up. Maybe you should take a seat?”

Given who this was Adam sort of doubted she’d take the advice and it would come down to her body making the decision to plant her on the ground. ”What’re you doing out here anyway? Not just this route but in Hoenn? You’re not chasing after Mateo are you?”

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 17:57:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Her footsteps come to an abrupt halt as soon as the stranger talks. Bryony looks over her shoulder at him, lips parted into an o before it sinks in just who he is. She smiles, turning fully to face him. In spite of her tiredness, Bryony is quick to move towards Adam.

[break][break]

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she insists. "Just a bit winded. It's hot."

[break][break]

The next question gives her pause. Heat rises to her cheeks and Bryony breathes out a thin laugh. She touches the back of her neck. "Of course not. I um - I'm just here with Noelle. What about you? Why are you here, Adam?"

[newclass=.mareep2] background: #2b2b2b; width: 470px; border: 1px solid #222; margin: 0 auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-wrapper] padding: 40px; border-right: 100px solid #dea02c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-post] text-align: justify; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #bbb; line-height: 14px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-right: -45px; margin-left: -30px; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a] color: #777!important; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; margin-right: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-tagged a:before] content:"#"; color: #dea02c; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; margin-right: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-lyrics] background: #1b1b1b; padding: 20px; margin: -40px; margin-top: 0; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 10px; text-align: right; text-transform: uppercase; color: #aaa; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon] position: absolute; right: 30px; top: 30px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.mareep2-pokemon span] display: block; margin-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 22:15:55 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GRANBULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / intimidate[break]
play rough / crunch / roar / scary face / outrage
[break][break]
& @bryony

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD WHIMSICOTT APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / prankster[break]
mega drain / cotton spore / moon blast / fairy wind
[break][break]
& @bryony

[googlefont=Montserrat][break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 16:28:54 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam let out a hearty laugh; the girl’s reaction was wonderful! ”Oh man it’s written all over your face! You need to work on your poker game because it’s real obvious that’s what brought you here!” He whipped a tear from his eye, composing himself before he continuing.

”Phew that was a good laugh! But I’m not really here for any particular reason. Just making my way through the route, maybe train or find some Pokémon.” Speaking of which he spotted some of the aforementioned creatures not too far from where they were, two interesting ones at that.

”Managed to run into Noelle, girl’s a handful as always.” His focus was still on the Pokémon that appear, his eyes not moving away from them. ”Still training to become a Dragon Master like your boy toy? Why don’t you show me your stuff with handling one of these mons?”

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 22:29:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Adam sees through her lie with no effort at all; Bryony's cheeks flush even brighter and she ducks her head down, mumbling something in protest that even she can't make out. By the time she's ready to look up, Adam hits her with boy toy and her composure is, once again, lost.

[break][break]

"That's not - he's not - what are you - "

[break][break]

Behind her back, the Granbull uses Play Rough on the Whimsicott, tackling it to the ground. The sound of the fight earns her attention and Bryony spins around with wide eyes. "Oh - oh, those Pokemon. Well - um - if you really want - "

[break][break]

She grabs a pokeball from her hip and fumbles it in her hands before calling out Felix. The charmeleon lands, ready for a fight. He lets out a small roar, fire spewing from his mouth and before Bryony has even had a chance to give an order, charges into the brawl.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 18:24:25 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam folded his arms, watching with a bit of a skeptical look on his face. He trusted that she’d be able to handle this but he didn’t like how unconfident she sounded. It then didn’t help that as soon as she called out her Pokémon it went running off without so much of a care about whatever its trainer wanted from it.

That wasn’t particularly a good sign but he didn’t judge her too much because of it. Every Pokémon was different in terms of disposition and obedience and this was a Charmeleon we were talking about, they were all somewhat rebellious.

”A bit of a handful, eh?” He’d ask, a rhetorical question of course. ”Well they are going through that weird teenage phase during this stage of evolution. So this isn't unexpected.” Adam would add, taking out one of his pokeballs. He’d then release his Lucario, a Pokémon Bryony would be familiar with and one that would be on standby just in case things went south.

”Alright, Soul. Make sure things don’t get too hairy.” The Lucario let out a grunt, acknowledging his trainer’s command and watching the other Pokémon like a hawk.

”Alright Bee, it’s a bit of a shaky start but you’ve got this.” Hopefully his words were comforting.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 1:17:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

When Felix had been a charmander, he had listened to her. He had been sweeter and he had been the only one of her pokemon to evolve. Except when he evolved, he stopped listening. Bryony was weak of character, something she and everyone else had known. She gave into things easily. She lacked the confidence and vigor of those around her and Felix had known that.
[break][break]
It is not Felix's fault he rarely listens.
[break][break]
Adam's encouragement is a repeat of everything she has ever heard and failed to rise to. She would like to believe him like how she believes Mateo, but his positivity only serves to wear her nerves thin.
[break][break]
"Felix, use ember!" Bryony calls, a plead to her voice. The charmeleon's tail flares up. He and the Granbull engage in a fight and the Whimsicott takes to scampering away to hide behind the two trainers.
[break][break]
Felix seems to listen though. He spits an ember into the other pokemon's face.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 17:34:37 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
The way she commanded her Pokémon put a bit of a frown on Adam’s face. He wasn’t mad at her or really that disappointed he was more sad that things were still like this, she was still where she was at all those years ago.

He imagined it would be a day and night change but there would at least be some sort of progress in this field but there seemed not to be. A result may be of her still chasing and lingering onto those around her? There was probably a litany of reasons that a therapist would have a field day with.

The little Whimsicott that scurried behind them was just too cute for Adam to not interact with the little guy. ”Hey there buddy. You’re safe now.” Adam reassured the Pokémon, gently petting it. Not before too long the two of them were playing patty cake, mainly due to how cute it was mixed with Adam’s decision to not hover over Bryony.

”So were you asking your Charmeleon to attack or telling it?” Two very different things that would indicate the level of trainer someone was. And everything it didn’t seem to be all copacetic with Bryony at all. And this was a good way to trigger the absolute hell out of the man. 

”What are you going to do “WHEN” he evolves? Gonna play nice with a fully grown Charizard and beg for it to listen to you? C’mon you’ve got to assert yourself more! Be big momma Bryony not little baby where’s my boyfriend Bryony.” He’d ask, stilling playing with the Whimiscott.

Adam stressed the when part because regardless of whatever she thought about it there was a likely-hood it could happen. ”Or am I wasting my breath cause I’m not Mateo?” Typically he’d go with a nicer route but he wasn’t thinking that was going to work.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 18:09:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Bryony wants to beg Adam to do something so she doesn't continue making a fool of herself, but another part needs him, desperately, to stay out of this so she can prove her own worth as a trainer. She scrubs a hand over her bangs, brushing them back from her forehead for a moment's time.
[break][break]
Adam's question causes Bryony's pale eyes to slip back to him. Her lips press into a thin line but she gives no answer, voice stuck in her throat like a thorn. Her focus stays on Adam, even as she listens to the Pokemon wrestle in the background. A flush creeps up her neck, blooms pink in her cheeks, and continues to darken the more he says. The tips of her ears glow.
[break][break]
If listening to Adam is a balancing act of patience, then the tight rope under Bryony's feet grows thinner and thinner until he takes a pair of scissors and cuts it in two. It seems an accusation more than a question.
[break][break]
"I am listening!" Her voice is shrill with a sharpness to it that is so rarely there. Bryony's face burns. "I'm doing my best! I'm trying but unlike you, I don't have some secret talent for training pokemon or making them listen! If you're going to be - to be a jerk, then you can leave! I didn't ask for your help!"
[break][break]
When the anger leaves her empty, guilt takes its place and the guilt is a heaviness that anchors her to the ground. Her eyes rim with tears and Bryony cups a hand over her mouth.
[break][break]
Behind them, her charmeleon feeds off her anger to unleash Dragon Rage.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 19:16:30 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
His playing with the Whimsicott stopped as Bryony voice came at him like a blunt instrument. Despite this he didn’t turn to her, keeping his back facing her as she laid into him. But he listened carefully to her words, the way she said it.

The pain, guilty and anger that was packed into them, he absorbed it all and could imagine the look on her face, never before had Adam heard the girl get like this, hear her raise her voice at anyone. There was a mix of emotions that he went through but there was one in particular that he felt more than any other, pride.

When she stopped Adam stood up and then turned to her, a happy look on his face. The man was smiling from ear to ear, definitely not the look of someone who was just yelled at. ”Well holy shit! You do have a backbone!” He exclaimed, happy to hear her lay into him.

That look of guilt on her face, the tears, that wouldn’t do at all. Before he would speak he noticed Felix, the Pokémon seemingly responding to the emotions of his trainer and unleashing a move known as Dragon Rage.

”Hey now don’t cry.” Adam would say, shaking his head. ”There’s no need to cry, or feel guilty! That’s how you probably should react when someone’s being a dick head! I know that’s easier said than done so its okay to let it all out and regain your composure when you're ready. I’ma big boy who can take a lashing!” He folded his arms, nodding at his own words.

”But there’s that spirit I always knew you had in ya! That fiery emotion! Even Felix was feeling it! Look at him!” He’d gesture over to the Charmeleon. ”Granted that attack won’t really do much to a Granbull given the typing but that’s beside the point.” That was sort of a bummer though; he hoped she wouldn’t dwell on it.

”Listen I get that you try and I understand you had it harder and continue to have it harder than the rest of us. but let’s not act like I don’t notice what’s going on with you outside of that. You hold yourself back and second guess yourself, I get why and I’m not blaming you. I’m not saying you’ve got to be some legendary Pokémon Dragon Master or whatever like those other nerds and flip your life around in like a matter of seconds. It’s all about taking every little step, and that was one of them.” Adam’s smiling expression turned into a sillier one as he leaned in close to her

”Let me tell you I definitely sucked ass coming up. Don’t let my charming good looks and accomplishments fool you I definitely had my fair share of fuck-ups! Like there was this one time I tried to use a poison type against a steel type! What a dumbass I was!” He smiled and nodded.

”But hey I bet underneath those tears you feel a bit better about yelling at me? Huh? Huh? C’mon I know you do! I’m a real pain in the ass! Bet you’d love to deck me right in the face! You can tell me! It's really nice to see this side of you! Definitely thinking "Oh holy shit this girl might rip my head off!"But seriously though you might wanna check on that fight.” In the back of his mind however he was thinking about how he actually didn't expect her to go off like that.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 1:48:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

Adam confuses her to the point she can't even cry. She follows along with what he says, but Bryony can't say she actually understands. She looks to Felix (the Granbull has now taken the upperhand and is Playing Rough) and then back to Adam and everything continues to make very little sense. He's proud of her for losing control. He's praising her for getting mad. She makes a small, pathetic noise in the back of throat and rubs at her eyes with the heel of her palm.

[break][break]

She is not mad at him and she wonders if he knows that.

[break][break]

"I don't want to hit you," Bryony says, a flatness to her voice brought on by tiredness and confusion. "I don't understand you. I don't think your head works right."

[break][break]

She looks back to the pair of fighting Pokemon. Felix is probably not going to win this site, no thanks to both a size and type disadvantage. But he's trying. He's trying very hard. Bryony almost feels guilty when she calls him back into his Pokeball and instead switches him out for a different Pokemon.

[break][break]

The Granbull looks at the pair. It snorts and prepares an attack as Bryony releases her Snorlax. Skill doesn't matter here, not when Snorlax is more of a tank than a living creature. The Granbull tackles Sleepy and Sleepy only yawns in response.

[break][break]

"Sleepy. Use rest."

[break][break]

He promptly flattens the granbull.

[break][break]

She looks back to Adam, lips pressed thin and tight. Turning her attention away from him, she crouches to look at the Whimsicott. Bryony offers a hand out to the small Pokemon. "Did you want to catch him?" she murmurs in an effort to change the conversation to something else.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 6:48:49 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”I’ve lost counts of the amount of times I hit this thing.” Adam joked, knocking on his head in reference to her comment about his head not working right. Perhaps his methods didn’t make sense or weren’t going to work but that wouldn’t prevent him from trying.

Maybe it all came from this stubborn ideal of his about pulling out the best in people, try and help them overcome their hang ups. Make it so that if he can help it, no one has to go through what he had to. At least they wouldn’t have to do so alone.

It was a shame about the fight, with a little more training and probably some move diversity, the Charmeleon could take down that Granbull. He watched curiously as the woman switched out the Pokémon and went for another one, which one would she be bringing out?

Snorlax wasn’t what he expected but it definitely wasn’t a bad choice. Even the Granbull looked at its wits end staring up and the giant normal type Pokémon. This was going to be interesting to watch at the very least, to see how Bryony handles this beast. That is if the Snorlax doesn’t just sleep the entire time.

What happened next made Adam chuckle, that was an anticlimactic ending. ”Hey a win’s a win, alright? We take those.” The man shrugged as Bryony looked to him.

Now there was something else they were going to have to deal with. Bryony apparently had the same idea going and beat the man to the punch. ”No, this little one is all yours!” He smiled.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 10:48:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mareep2"]

The Whimsicott giggles as Bryony takes its small hands to help it dance. There's a chunk of cotton missing from the side of its head, but she imagines that it should grow back before long. "Are you sure?" she asks. "Did you want the Granbull?"

[break][break]

Despite her question, Bryony scoops the small pokemon into her arms and stands. Her fingers curl into the back of its mane and she bounces it very slightly as if it were a newborn.