Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Lore of the Land (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 17:48:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Though Thomas himself was a rather busy man, between his work as the Benoit's main connection to the Region, as well as his newfound duties as Verdanturf's Gym Leader, he finally made some time to visit one of Foretree's smaller Renaissance Fairs. It seemed that the town had taken a shine to Kalosian and Galaran history, with the towns people, as well as other interested parties, joining in on these smaller events.

Thomas, garbed in a set of black armor that would be worn by a Kalosian Guard Chevauleger, walked through the area, taking notice to the various people enjoying the weekend festivities. He would silently take note of the various costumes those in attendance were wearing. He would notice some of the inaccuracies and liberties taken with them, having a chuckle upon seeing them. Of course, his own costume wouldn't be complete without his mount, Kalameet, who was garbed in armor matching his.

Needless to say though, taking out his Hydreigon in an area like this wouldn't exactly be the best of ideas. Rather, Kalameet would be saved for the jousting competition, which was to happen later in the day. For now, Thomas was content with walking through the area, currently standing in line for something to eat.

tags:
notes: Waiting on the jousting event, standing in line for something to eat, while having a chuckle over some of the goofy stuff he's seeing.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 21:03:24 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
as olivia made her way through the gym circuit to visit her peers, she couldn't help but attend the renaissance fair that had parked itself outside of fortree. her childhood would have fit perfectly in an exhibition or fair activity, the ancient ways of the abbiati having been practiced since the very first of her clan took to the seas. it was, in a way, nostalgic.

it was also an opportunity to show off her sense of fashion. the foreign queen wore a flowing gown of silver and sapphire, the gems encrusted along the hemlines. it was sleeveless, given the sweltering summer heat; yet that did not take away from the elegance of the dress. various legendary pokemon had been embroidered along the back of the dress and came along with a simple rendition of kyogre (made of blue sapphires) and groundon, detailed in pearls, fighting at the bust of the dress. finally, olivia bore the crown of stone that she had brought to sootopolis for her coronation. she hadn't worn it since, given the negative attention she received, but thought it appropriate given the others who were dressed up.

and one attendant, in particular, caught her eye. one of the newest gym leaders, thomas benoit. perhaps she wouldn't have a need to visit his gym after all. olivia approached, dress rustling in a light summer breeze, and said with a friendly smile, "hello there, mr benoit, you look just like the knight in shining armor i needed." an airy chuckle followed, bubbly and carefree.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 16:05:30 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A voice would immediately catch Thomas' attention, one that he had recognized. Turning to face the source of the comment, who managed to name him, he would recognize the woman as Olivia Abbiati, the Gym Leader of Sotopolis. The woman's outfit was rather striking, and seemingly far more appropriate for the climate than Thomas' suit of armor. But then, Thomas wouldn't have come in such a suit of armor without some sort of means of withstanding the heat.

"I don't know, most would consider me anything but a knight in shining armor.", he'd jokingly remark, referring to his armor being more akin to a black knight than anything.

"Ms. Abbiati, I presume? You here to check out the Renaissance Fair for the first time, as well, or are you a frequent guest?", he'd inquire, before offering the woman a handshake. "It's an honor to finally make your acquaintance, Ms. Abbaiti. I wish I could've attended your Opening Ceremony, but something urgent came up at the time.", he'd tell her sincerely.

It was then that an older woman in robes would approach the pair. "Excuse me, you two, but might I interest the two of you in a free fortune telling?", she'd inquire. It was clearly a means of promoting her stand, more so than anything.

tags:
notes: Introductions and an offer

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 16:52:26 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
olivia took his hand in her own, giving it a quick shake, and said in regards to her identity, “the one and only.” she added, “and this would be my first time here. i was on my way to fortree, actually, and i could not resist an opportunity to attend this fabled fair.” it was a half truth, as were most things that olivia said.

an honor? olivia nearly let out a hoot. he would have to be one of the first to openly say something so positive about her. “the honor is mine; and trust when i say you did not miss much at the coronation.” she reassured the man with a smile. olivia was just about ready to ask how the new gym leader was taking on his duties when they were interrupted by an elderly woman asking of their fortunes.

a shiver ran down olivia’s spine despite the summer heat. is this where her slateport family had been hiding? in the forest? so far from the shore and the sea? her ocean eyes gave the older woman a quick one over. they were green, this stranger’s eyes asking of her future. relieved, olivia answered, “very well. care for a glance into the future?” she asked thomas with an impish smirk.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 3:08:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I see.", he'd tell the woman in response.

As she told him he didn't miss much, Thomas internally disagreed. He heard about what went down at the ceremony. About how his friend, Alexei, as well as Councilwoman Morningstar, both caused a scene. It was the Councilwoman who ended up taking the heat for what went down, however. Even without that factored in, it would've been a good opportunity to size her up. "Still, I can't help but feel terrible for missing out on such an event.", he'd tell her.

It seemed that Olivia was up for a reading. Though Thomas relented for a moment, given that it'd cost him his position in line, Thomas nodded, stepping out to join the two older women for the fortune telling. "Why don't you go first, Miss Abbiati?", Thomas asked Olivia, offering her the chance to have her fortune told first.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 1:56:07 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
there was little to worry that her peer knew of what little family olivia did have in hone - those who stuck to the shadows and foretold false futures. it was an embarrassment to the abbiati name; yet, olivia could not help but feel a connection to this elder. it was this kinship and thomas' suggestion that had olivia follow the seer into her tent of incense and candles.

the older woman led through a maze of haze until they were seated across from her on two cushioned seats of dark wood. inbetween them and the fortune teller was a clothed table with a crystal ball. she spun her hands over the ball and whispered gibberish before looking olivia dead in the eyes. "power has follows your path across the depths of the unknown, and will continue to do.." she muttered ominously. within the opaque glass of her crystal ball a fog swirled. the older woman continued, "ambition will be rewarded but at what cost? that which you have fought will pass unto the next with ancient ways of their own."

puzzled, olivia simply nodded and offered a polite smile. "how intriguing." she mused, glancing to the dark type gym leader. the jade orbs of the hag bore holes into thomas, beckoning him forward and searching his future.