Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
SUPPLY: Nikita + Aaron
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 11:17:11 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Before he was ‘rescued’ by Kazimir, Nikita was assigned to deliver antidotes. With all the battles raging, there was not much for a detective to do. The entire area was awash in countless crimes, but none that required his expertise. There was no stealthy stalking required or many codes left to break.

Unfortunately, the idea of sitting on his laurels in a situation like this did not satisfy him. So, he sat beside the commander’s tent for some time. His hound’s skull lay across his lap, the creature’s napping restless and inconsistent. “Sokolov.” The man turned toward the open tent flap as one of the organizers emerged. He glanced at the sheet in his hand. The ordering man turned toward another man in the crowd. “Torkoal.”

Nikita watched the man’s hand as he talked. The callouses indicated a life of hard living. His bearing suggested former military, but a slight unsteadiness indicated something neurological. “We need a box of antidotes delivered to the north camp. I will send the coordinates shortly.” The detective nodded, standing and gently lowering his hound to the ground. “There’s a Naganadel doing a fuckton of damage out there.”

A sigh followed as Nikita turned to his companion. The warning to be careful was neglected. There was no safety in this place. A backpack was slid over Nikita’s shoulders. A similar one was offered to the boy in front of him. “Let’s go.”
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[attr="class","nikitatag"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 2:11:32 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
The guy from the shore had escaped. But not without doing some major damage, and making Aaron realize that maybe Rocket actually has some teeth. The guy was good enough to navigate through his Spikes, and as expected, retreated during the Sandstorm. Whatever. The blonde teenager moved on. Despite being League aligned, he was just a civilian, and a kid. Granted, he was really bloodthirsty for Rockets, but he doubted any adults would let him stay and help out. Even if his goals overlapped with their's. So he avoided the camps and used his own stash of potions and revives on whoever needed it. Except...he got caught and brought over to a tent.

After checking over his things, his team, and his background...Ace was again brought over to another tent. Whoever this guy was had good taste. The blonde hope to eventually get himself a Houndstone one of these days. Then a the base commander or whoever told them both about a Naganadel causing an awful lot of damage and to deliver some antedotes. Really? Aaron aggressive snatched his backpack back and stormed out towards the north. Hopefully the League also had its own teeth beyond gym leaders and elite four members. "How do you want to play this? Just overwhelm it or do you want one person to play support and the other being the main attacker?" Despite his reluctance to being here, Aaron was still going to cooperate to the best of his ability. After all, he wanted to lay down as much hurt on Rocket as possible.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 17:26:25 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]As the camp faded from view, Nikita tossed out a familiar figure. The lanky Intelleon’s throat was marked by a horrific scar. The only noise it made came courtesy of its breathing. “Anne.” A nod of respect was offered to his ally—the pair brought together not by companionship but a mutual, burning hatred. “Would you be so kind as to cover our sixes?” With an inclined head of her own, the Intelleon vanished into a rippled state of invisibility.

The Houndstone at his side let out a grunt. This single noise had a thousand different meanings. In this case, however, Nikita took it to be a wish for good luck. Which, in Anne’s case, would mean bad luck for everyone else. A powerful burst from her back legs sent her to the top of a nearby crag. Trusting her judgment completely, the detective did not watch to see what she prepared. Only after this was complete did he turn to face his younger companion.

“We are to deliver the medicine, Mister Toral.” Certainly, a task he felt beneath him, but one of which he could see the necessity. “Engaging the Naganadel is to be avoided, if possible.” Unlike the commander, he remembered names relatively well. At least until someone made them annoying enough to not be worth the headspace. Something teenagers proved surprisingly adept at.

“I am sure you will find other ways to sate your bloodlust.” A will-o-wisp from Winters lent his newly lit cigarette a ghoulish, purple glow. He did not offer one to the child. It was a terrible habit. One he indulged in because living was such a chore. “The camp is likely surrounded by dissidents.” The latter word was twisted in a way to make it obvious he meant scum.

As the landscape became more crowded, his hand drifted to the gun at his side. Unfortunately, he had to do so with his non-dominant arm. The other was in a sling after a mauling courtesy of his own Glalie’s Ice Shard.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 0:45:46 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
The man released an Inteleon to watch their backs. After the Houndstone headed off to the top of a crag, he finally addressed Aaron, reiterating about the mission. "And it'll continue to be a pain if no one takes it out. Half my team is steel-types, it can't poison them. And one of them is a Psychic type, so we'll have the advantage on that..." If memory serves, Naganadel were Poison and Dragon types. Super effective attacks may not be everything, especially in trainer battles, but they still played a major part in a fight. Either way, the stoic blonde snapped his head back at the guy with narrowed amber eyes. Normally, people considered him to be...difficult to read.

Was he this easy to read for that Rocket earlier? The promise of dissidents didn't go unnoticed by the blonde. "Chumps that my entire team could handle unevolved and freshly caught. I haven't been impressed by Rocket thus far..." Not truly anyways. One might have teeth...but otherwise he'd seen only chumps and those forced to fight out of coercion. As they started to get close to fighting, he saw the man reach for a gun. Taking out a Pokeball, he released Scizor. No sign of the Ultra Beast yet. But he didn't get his hopes up. They needed to reach the camp with their load intact. His armored bug started to walk ahead, ready for any fight that came their way...

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 3:40:51 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The detective’s eyes slid toward the teenager. Below them, typically flat lips were pursed into a thin line. Is this level of foolhardiness typical of youth, or am I merely misfortunate? As one might expect, his mind did not answer. While he may have fallen far from his lofty perch, he had yet to go fully mad. As the talk of talk advantages ensued, Nikita could not resist a sigh.

“It is not our pain, however.” The idea that type advantages were what truly determined battles was a juvenile one. Naganadel were certainly more than toxic syringes. They were monsters from an alternate dimension—creatures known for their adaptability and speed. “We were given a task, Mister Toral. That is what we should focus on.” Being distracted by an assassination could mean the end of an ailing soldier or their Pokemon.

The boy’s self-assured attitude coaxed out a chuckle. The sound was unnerving—as ghostly and intangible as the wind in a haunted wood. “Then, you are fortunate.” No doubt the truly dangerous foes did not find a child worth fighting over. Their goal was to break into the mountain. It was not made easier by picking fights with every greenhorn that came one’s way. Nikita shifted the pack upon his back. “But even gnats will eventually draw a crocodile’s eyes.” The lizard flickered back into sight, her yellow underbelly catching Nikita’s attention.

A water jet emerged between them. It scattered across the ground, clearing the mud from a recycled land mine. “Watch where you step, Aaron.” Nikita's voice dropped to a whisper as he lifted his eyes toward the incline ahead of him. It seemed approaching unseen would be difficult.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 15:16:28 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
"It very well could be, and all the antedotes in the world won't mean a thing if it stays standing. But fine, you lead, I follow." It was true that they had a job to do. But if that problem stayed standing...they were going to need a lot more antedotes. Though it seems he wasn't the only one that can be unnerving. The guy gave a ghostly chuckle. Ace didn't say anything about being fortunate. He had beef with Rocket. Along with a certain member of the League, but that one had to wait a while before he could do anything about. He wanted to crush Rocket, and their strongest trainers. Though the blonde's partner did assure him that he'd eventually attract someone stronger. Good. Then maybe he could show the League that Rocket was no paragon, and that they could be crushed. Or pose the question as to why the hell are they taking it so easy on them.

Soon enough, Nikita's Inteleon leapt into action not far from him, revealing a mine that Scizor didn't set off either. Clearly they had to be more careful. The whisper was a warning as well. The amber eyed teenager glared at the mine and tried to think. If they wanted to go sneaking around, they risk getting blown to bits. The element of surprise can be very big game changer. "I don't care for being blown to bits. Stealth is good and all, but that seems too much of a pain in the ass, given the circustances. Blitzkreig and surprise tend to go very well together. I have a Metagross that knows Magnet Rise. We can avoid the mines no problem, and it's big enough for both of us and your Inteleon. Smash the line from behind, and we can kill two Pidoves with one stone, getting the antedotes to the camp, and help out in freeing them from a potential seige."

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 13:24:57 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Darwin’s law existed for children like this, Nikita thought. The gung-ho and foolhardy who typically died first in war. Those who relished the idea of battling for glory. Or, at least they did, until their entrails were spilled hot and steaming upon the ground. “And what will happen to the poisoned while you vanquish this beast?” Nikita asks with no small degree of wryness. “Shall we tell them to suffer a few moments whilst you play dragonslayer?” While he himself did not trust the league—for he trusted practically no one; most people were idiots—he also knew they were capable of taking out a single deranged lunatic.

Staring at the mines for a moment, Nikita turned to his Houndstone. “We must first secure the area, Mister Toral.” Eye sockets glowing with a fierce violet light, the Houndstone dropped the mines into a shadowy portal. “Patience is just as important a virtue as gallantry.” Where and what they would do in the phantom zone was anyone’s guess, but it was better than leaving them here for their comrades to be blown up by. With slow, methodological steps, Nikita moved to clear a path through the area—the hound ensuring the Scizor’s mine was removed as well.

Another bloodthirsty plan—why was he not surprised? He despises Rocket as much as the boy, likely more, but he preferred to do his work from the shadows. Silently picking off key figures from the shadows. “And, we will find ourselves trapped against the edge of a cliff.” Stll, he ddid not relish the idea of walking up there. There was little desire in his life to be a sitting Ducklett. “Call out your Metagross but keep it in the air.” The elder man said as he turned to Anne. Her maw split open in a tongueless grin, revealing needle-like teeth. “We at least can take out a few guards without notice.” High-velocity water certainly made a dent in Kevlar.

From a side pouch, he pulled out a pair of binoculars. These he used to peer at the camp above them. “There appear to be four in sight—likely two more blocked by the rocks.” Fortunately, the small platform did not allow much room for dodging.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 1:49:00 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
This guy was really pissing him off. "And what of the future victims? And the ones its adding onto as we speak? We could prevent more. Or I can, and you can move ahead and deliver the supplies. But that is neither here nor there. I already said you lead, I follow. So lead already." What was up with this guy and continuing stupid conversations? Just accept it and move on! And when the guy mentioned patience..."And why should the current victims suffer a few moments longer? Just as with everything, there is a time and a place. Can we really afford to just sit around for hours on end? We're delivering supplies, not clearing mines. Even if we don't try to break through, floating in the air at least makes us immune to the current threat of being blown up." He could tell the guy was more the slow and steady type. Even when time was of the essence. At the least they could move faster. Returning Scizor, he took out his pokeball for Metagross.

"Only if you're weak. That, or you're a coward. Or lack self-confidence. Or an exit strategy." Sandstorm and flying on out of there with Skarmory was his. Releasing Metagross, he spoke a command before it even landed on the ground. "Magnet Rise." The big blue meteor didn't even touch the ground. Aaron climbed aboard and waited. Looking between the two, and the binoculars...oh, like this was any better! They floated a bit high, but it was good enough. "A superpowered Psycho Cut would get anything behind it. Just need to time the attacks right..." Which could be exceedingly difficult seeing they've never fought together before. But it was just a suggestion.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 14:17:07 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Children were more trouble than they were worth. Especially, teenagers. Nikita sometimes wondered what spell had allowed him to raise two of them without going mad. How he could look back on behavior like this and feel fondness? “You will find heroics rarely play out well in war.” The first person to peek above the foxhole didn’t receive applause. They often received bullets for their courage. The detective ignored the rest of the boy’s temperamental drivel. “It has been three minutes, Mister Toral.” The mines disarmed, Nikita turned to face the child. “I would not want these here when we come back down, would you?”

As he clambered upon the Metagross, Nikita offered a simple nod of thanks.

A noise of exasperation escaped pursed lips. The Houndstone at his ankles seemed similarly annoyed. “Or a brain in your case. One should avoid unnecessary risk.” An ironically hypocritical sentence coming from the HBIC vigilante and hunting dog. But he had nothing to live for but the two beasts inside of him. As the Metagross rose, the detective and Anne shared a look. He counted to three. When one of the men turned away, he nodded. “Anne.”

That vicious smile grew wider as the Intelleon’s hands swirled around a ball of glowing water. With a powerful burst of power, a Hydro Pump erupted from her gloved hands. This slammed into the back of three members of the blockade. One skidded to the ground as two more were sent teetering off the cliff’s edge. An Annihalape—a vicious, nasty thing—met a similar fate, Its ghostly body began to fade as it hit the rocky earth a few hundred feet below. Satisfied with that, he took a moment to light a new cigarette. He could practically hear the click as he unleashed the child next to him. Almost feel the grateful freedom as the hounds of war burst from their kennels.

“Do what you will.” A deep breath of nicotine banished any thoughts of the bodies crumpled at the cliff’s base.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:43:37 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
"Same with cowardice and hesitation. Maybe the League could use a little more heroics...maybe they wouldn't get steamrolled as much." And lose much more than just a battle and/or support and/or valuable resources to fight said war. "Three minutes that we could have used getting closer to where we need to deliver those supplies." It seemed Ace was annoying the man. Good. The sooner they parted company, the better off he'd be. "I don't plan on coming down this way. When we're not under a time crunch, you could have disarmed them then." Or tried to use them against Rocket. Funny how much people forget about their own stuff when under duress. Aaron waved off the comment. "Like I'd ever be caught like that and get a bullet in the head." Maybe he was a bit arrogant after only really fighting weaklings.

Either way, the prop-up gave the man a good vantage point. And a good place for his Inteleon to do her thing. With a mighty Hydro Pump, she sent the blockade down a cliff, alongside an Annihilape. That was cool...he hoped to get himself one of those some day. With a pat on Meta's head, they were off again at speed. "I will. Just don't make the mistake of underestimating me." Like so many others had. And suffered because of it. He hoped they get attacked by that Naganadel at some point. But he was getting kind of sick and tired of all the chumps. So for now, he just focused on being their transport.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 2:47:41 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The detective sighed. While the League certainly had its shortcomings, a lack of self-absorbed heroes was not one of them. Certainly, he acted on his own, but it was with proper research and stage setting. He did not pick a fight with everyone who supported the emblazoned R. “I hope that bravado is not broken today, Mister Toral.” Because it would mean that the boy would be broken as well—shattered on a stretcher by one of Rocket’s avatars or heavy hitters. “It was a calculated risk—an idea that your teenage angst does not seem to allow.”

The detective shook his head again, growing weary of the movement. Some part of him was tempted to just dart the child and tie him to a tree. Perhaps gang him with a strip of his shirt. “And if those people need support or backup arrives? I certainly would not wish to see our alleys blown into confetti. But your bloodlust likely does not care.” And, he was surprised to find that some part of his hollowed-out, husk of a heart did.

At that assertion, Nikita laughed. It is a terrible, unnerving sound. Akin to an alien trying to mimic it. Suddenly, a gun is out of its holster and pointed at the boy. The safety isn’t off, but a calloused finger rests upon it. “Pride cometh before the fall, Aaron. And it is not a fun journey.” It’d been part of what ended his family, had it not? A continual rushing into high-profile cases against those with power. An addiction fueled by the bottomless pit of curiosity and thrill inside his stomach. He thought he’d see it. Know what was coming before it did.

“I know a charging Rhydon can do a lot of damage,” Nikita murmured as he slipped the loaded gun back into its holder. “But it often hurts itself in the process.” But pain was the best teacher. A fact that his heart agreed to with a hiss of agreement. As he surveyed the area below, a smirk formed on Nikita’s face. A few calculations followed. “We should collapse the  arch.” He pointed toward it. "Two well-aimed strikes at its thinnest points should do the trick.”

Then, he heard it—the damnable buzzing of dragon wings. A Naganadel surged up into the sky ahead of the Metagross. Its jaw opened up with a screech as it attempted to drown all four riders with Venoshock.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 4:01:07 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Ace shrugged it off. It was going to take a lot to take him down. He did snort the comment. "I can respect it. Don't stereotype me." He wasn't going to argue this time. Though the comment about allies and backup...bothered him. "What, don't have a radio to let allies know where minefields are? If you're worried about interception, don't you guys have code words or something? I know I know, movies, but is there some truth to them?" That seemed to be a bit underprepared in his mind, but oh well. Maybe it was for the best that they got rid of it.

Ace became a bit wary when the man pulled out his gun again and pointed it at the boy. That immediately made the Metagross glow pink and purple, ready to cleave three of the riders in two. Also from behind Nikita a Trevenant appeared from a portal, with a sharp spike ready to be plunged into the back of his neck. Pride? "Pride? I have pride in my strength and the strength of my Pokemon. I have exit strategies should things get a bit hot for me. But sure, kill a child and tarnish the League's reputation more than what already has and continues to do." He fearlessly stared at the man, hand in his pocket with his phone on and recording.

Then Nikita holstered his gun. "Unlike a charging Rhydon, I know when to quit." Both of his Pokemon calmed down/retracted their attacks. Then Nikita mentioned the arch. "Easy enough, Psycho Cuts should be enough." Then he heard it at the same time as his counterpart. The Naganadel appeared, and fired a Venoshock. Ace jumped down from Metagross, and the meteor flipped anyways to force the other riders off and hovered above them to take the Venoshock. Only for the poison to slip harmlessly around them. "Trevenant, use Phantom Force, get us across that arch. Metagross, Psycho Cut the Naga, get over that arch and cut the thinnest parts as you leave. We need to run and gun. Think you can do any covering fire?" He looked at Nikita and his Inteleon as Trevenant opened up a portal, ready to take everyone minus the Metagross over. Said Meteor fired a few Psycho Cuts at the Naganadel before hovering away towards the arch to cross it.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 13:37:47 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The elder man allowed himself a small laugh—the sound as alien as always. The spirit on this teenager—or, balls, as the uncouth might say—seemed too large for his britches. It would be worth admiring if it was not so grating. Youth truly was wasted on the young. Just like air sometimes. “I will remind you that stereotypes exist for a reason.” While certainly not correct in all (or most) cases, they gave one a basis for conjecture.

At the talk of radio, Nikita’s hand slipped to the slim device at his side. “You will find it difficult to communicate locations in an unmarked, flat isle. And exact coordinates are difficult to gauge when fleeing for one’s life.” At the talk of movies, Nikita’s lips tilted. It was almost a smile—if almost skeletal. “There are code words, certainly. There are also code names, but such things are simple enough to crack.” The paradox of encryption always chose inopportune moments to raise its ugly head.

The Houndstone and Intelleon stared down the other two Pokemon with surprisingly calm demeanors. A yellow-stained finger tapped against the trigger. “I have no intention of killing you.” A fact reinforced by the gun’s safety still being on. And, if murder had been his solution, he would not have called out a warning. Nor would he allow the child to mount a response. “I am proving a point.” All the strategizing in the world would struggle to stop a bullet. But, apparently, even cold hard steel did not shake the boy’s spirit.

He idly wondered what kindling drove that fire.

As the world flips, Nikita is quick to regain his bearings. Only a pained grunt signals his discomfort—the stitched wound in his side protesting. His Houndstone merely blips back into existence with the world the right side up. Anne, meanwhile, spreads out her arms, allowing loose yellow skin to bring her idly to the ground. As the poison rains around them, the detective quickly calculates a plan. The question receives a nod in response. “We can.”

Below, the Rockets immediately begin talking among themselves. The hostages are on one side of the arch, and they are near the entrance. But the Naganadel is a wild thing—just as dangerous to its allies as its enemies. So, the reinforcements are reluctant to stage a response of their own.

“Anne.” The Intelleon takes a deep breath before unleashing dual Water Pulses on the approaching Rockets. They are driven back into one another like dominoes. A few of the Pokemon—now confused—launch themselves at their allies with feral screeches. The Houndstone, meanwhile, launches itself into the approaching Naganadel with a Play Rough.

Irritated by the lack of response to its attacks, the Naganadel’s eyes narrowed. With a deafening roar, it rocketed toward Aaron’s Metagross with a powerful Dragon Rush. "Tch." Blood exploded from the side of its head as one of Nikita's bullets skirted past its eye.

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
415 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 4:07:28 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Unmarked isle? But it wasn't unmarked? He may not be a walking map, but...this island wasn't unmarked. Maybe not explored thoroughly, but certainly not unmarked. After a few blinks, he debated whether he should prove a point via his phone. In the end, he decided not to. They ought to get moving. But the whole gun thing..."Not really proving a point. You'd be sacrificing your own life to get rid of mine, even in the event of a surprise attack." Particulary given the positioning of the man.

Thankfully, Nikita could. What he didn't expect, or see for that matter, was the hostages and Rockets underneath the arch. The Inteleon used Water Pulse and got lucky on enough of the Rocket's mons that it kept them busy. Even though the Naga got smacked first by the Houndstone's Play Rough, then by a Psycho Cut, it still got angry and charged. Metagross cut one part of the arch, then the other before jumping it to their side. The hostages gave a new problem however, even with the arch falling down. "Trevenant." His faithful tree unleashed a barrage of stretching branches, tips glowing green with Horn Leech, all aiming to cut the hostages loose. While they were on the run, Trevenant also used his attack to cut off any persuers that might have gotten away from the falling arch using the same method.

The Naga wasn't done. Wanting a fight, it charged them, not even flinching when the man hit the creature in the head. Taking out a Pokeball, he released his Skarmary, even as his Metagross clashed with the Naga with Meteor Mash, knocking both Pokemon back. "Sandstorm, then set up Spikes to cover the retreat. We'll finish this fight later." His metal birb stirred up the sandstorm, hopefully under the covering fire of Nikita and his Pokemon. Hopefully the hostages will get out alright too. With them being under cover now, Skarmary laid out spikes everywhere. Naganadel may be flying, but it was oddly still succeptable to ground-type attacks, and hazards. Probably should have brought his Aggron though. Oh well. Maybe they can leave and finish this supply run now.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 13:30:54 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The dark-haired man chuckled, the sound more growl than good humor. How many times had he contemplated this exact scenario? How often had he come close to tossing months of planning away in favor of sinking a blade into a well-protected admins throat? Nikita was surprised to find he no longer knew. “You forget our opponents are zealots. There is no logic in much of what they do.” The slightest pause followed. “For people like us, blindness seems like an even trade.”

Any further thoughts to the alarming similarities between himself and his opponents ended almost immediately. From his vantage point, the detective did his best to keep track of the battles around them. He soon dismissed his hound’s battle in favor of the others. Winters knew how to handle himself in a fight. The singular opponent would not be taxing on the old dog. Instead, he fixated on the problem of battle and evacuation. A few of the hostages were dead on their feet. Their skin ran through with signs of poison.

“Barbara.” A third Pokemon joined his team—an older female Alakazam. The pair locked eyes for a moment as he passed his parcel to her. “Please evacuate the stragglers. Treat who you can.” As the arch collapsed, the ground shook beneath them. A few Rockets were crushed in the after math—limbs sticking from between boulders like macabre desert flowers. Fortunately, the psychic-type managed to pull the remaining League defenders to safety. A few needles were distributed as she prepared for a fight.

Wiping dust from her brow, the Intelleon continued to fire upon the enemies approaching them.

Winters, meanwhile, narrowly avoided a floating spike as he bounced off the Naganadel’s back. Blood dripped down his claws like melted dye off a candy cane. His outline shimmered as his ectoplasmic energies kept gravity’s pull at bay. As the Metagross attacked, the specter took a few moments to catch his breath. With some semblance of order, the Houndstone began to glow pink again. Remembering its lack of reaction to a headshot, Nikita recalls an old fact. “Target its abdomen,” Nikita shouted up to Detective Winters. “That's where its brain is.” With a nod, the dog did as bidden.

Not finished by any means, the Naganadel responded quickly to the dual attacks. Its wings beat the air rapidly as a Dragon Pulse dyed the air around it a bright violet.