Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
In the Saddle Again [Alexei]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 23:46:40 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]When Aubre challenged , she had no illusions about winning. And, even if she was victorious, the doctor knew it’d never feel deserved. After all, she had deprived him of his specialty type. But, in the end, just holding the badge filled her with a sense of accomplishment.

So, after another week at the office, she decided to sign up for a second one.

Though, this time, it was a bit less traditional. It made her less guilty. In an obstacle course, she doubted fire would be present. The insurance costs of something like that seemed exorbitant. Then again, the waiver wasn’t exactly comforting. But this route wasn’t guiltless either.

Her three battlers were disappointed that they wouldn’t be involved. Maggie had pouted and stormed off in a cloud of pollen. The Heliolisk coerced his disappointment pretty well. Serena just let loose a sound of disappointment.Next time, I promise.”

They’d insisted on coming today, for moral support. But, like her, they enjoyed the sights as well. Fortree was a gorgeous city—a truly innovative place to live.

But, in reality, there was another reason she went non-traditional. Flying had once been her freedom. Something she’d denied herself for years. Something she now knew her friend—her sister--would never have wanted her to do. Though she hadn’t taken back to the air out of choice. That decision had been forced on her by the failed catch-and-rehabilitate case beside her.

A strong, muscular Dragonaite stared at the gym leader across from them with a twisted, cocksure grime. The scars from his head injury were now worn with pride. A newly bought saddle—vegan leather—was wrapped around his back. “I must say, Mister Ivanov. Your sanctuary is stunning.” Forest green eyes lifted to what she could see of the course. “Maybe we can trade ideas when I—well—finish.”

If she wasn’t a stain on the floor.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 19:18:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh my god, please don’t call me mister, I’m sure we’re around the same age,” he grinned with an embarrassed look on his face.

Since she’d brought a Dragonite along for the challenge, he decided to fly on his own as well.

(He was going to surprise her once they got into the air, because he saw that she had a saddle on her own Dragonite. He wondered if had told her that he rode without any kind of saddle at all…)

“You can ask me now, while we’re here on the ground. The team’s not yet done setting up the full obstacle course at the back.”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 2:30:59 GMT
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]The redhead’s porcelain cheeks lit up a blinding pink. A scarred finger lifted to nervously tuck a stray strand behind one ear. You just met the man, and you’re already embarrassing yourself. Can you not go two minutes without making an ass of yourself? Aubre’s tangible response was much less cynical. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to make you feel, well, you know.” Probably the way she felt right now. Not wanting to seem like some sort of fangirl, she did not correct him on the age difference.

After all, three years wasn’t that big of a gap. Not that her experiences were anywhere near as wide as his own. Unknown to her, the dragon beside her was older still. Not interested in the human conversation—still more wild than not—Marcus began to explore the platform. It didn’t give him much to examine, however.

The highlight of her morning came in the form of the sanctuary. Dozens of flying-type species mixed in a harmonious, beautiful open space. Even her daughter, normally impossible to impress, had raced playfully after a few of the smaller bird Pokemon. And, a few times, Aubre had caught her fighting back a grin. While less exuberant, her husband even seemed relaxed.

“If you’re sure…” The redhead took a deep breath. He doesn’t have time for this, Aubre. Just try and keep it short. She finally settled on a simple question. “I was curious how you keep them from fighting.” She sighed. “We have to separate a lot of Pokemon because fights keep breaking out. I’ve tried everything I can think of.” But, maybe, she was missing the forest for the trees. Or, more accurately, the bird for the molted, bloody feathers.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #69A534;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #69A534;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 21:47:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, that?” he hummed while his Dragonite came down for a landing, before bowing their way and waiting for him to get on her back.

“I would suggest to socialize them. Have them get used to each other’s presence while keeping an eye on them. And then, once they’re used to being around each other while you’re there, try to leave them alone for extended periods of time,” he explained.

There was… there was no other way to get out and do it. That was the way it worked for him; he wasn’t sure how it would work for her.

“Are you having problems handling the Pokémon that are brought to you for medical care?” he followed up a few moments later; all the while running a reassuring hand down his Dragonite’s back.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 4:20:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
“Well, yes, I suppose. Your aviary seemed so peaceful.” That was not to say, of course, that her clinic was a warzone. Her rehabilitation facilities were smaller. So, there were more chances for fights to break out. Her low tolerance for conflict—any being too much—also tended to malign the most innocent action. She’d also been in the place for an hour at most. But knowing these facts didn’t make her feel any better. [break][break]

Attentively, the woman listened to Alexei. I try to socialize them. Is it not long enough? Maybe I’m impatient? She nodded along with each statement. “I see. I’ll keep that in mind.” A hand dropped to her pants in search of a memo pad. But this only ended in flushed cheeks. Like her keys and her wallet, she’d left the stationary in a locker. The last thing she wanted to do—especially while falling to her death—was lose her keys. Arceus, why do you spend so much time worrying about the stupidest thing? Look how high that obstacle course is!
[break][break]

The redhead shook her head at his question. But, then, she settled into a pensive silence. “It’s not really a problem. I may just be expecting too much. I mean no one has ever been seriously hurt.” There were a few scratches and some blood, but the doctor wasn’t sure it was too serious. She also, for some reason, didn’t want to give this man the impression that she couldn’t do her job. Then, she stammered. “Well, not in rehabilitation. I mean, obviously, they’re hurt enough to come to us.” Her mind journeys back to her time in the hospital. The nasty, venomous way she hissed at those who cared. The way she bared her teeth and shed out was not too unlike an angry cat.
[break][break]

Behind her, Marcus sized up the other Dragonite. The second the creature touched the earth, he drew himself straighter. Tiny nostrils flared as he coiled his muscular tail. Tiny wings—a wonder of physics—pushed outward as if trying to stretch. When his posturing was done, the male offered a single, curt nod. Aubre, throwing a reproachful glance at the showoff, turned to smile apologetically at Alexei. “I have been meaning to—these non-traditional challenges are so unique.” She wished she had a pocket or loose thread to fiddle with. Her hands felt so idle.[break][break]

“What made you pick—” An airborne death trap? “--an obstacle course?”

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/22/ce/FbBUyF5e_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 18:40:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

From one caretaker to another, he could understand why she was stressed out about having Pokémon play nice. He was also speaking from experience, for one thing.

“Sometimes, though, there are particular Pokémon that don’t like being socialized, and need a hell of a lot more attention for them to get used to being around humans first, before integrating them with other Pokémon afterward,” he mused. “However, not giving up shows the Pokémon that you shouldn’t be underestimated.”

Once the crackling voice in his ear reminded him that the course was ready, he then angled the Dragonite to fly skyward; inviting her to follow him.

“Well, if you look at it from another angle… it’s preparing oneself for any aerial battle situations. Because not every single battle happens on the ground, there are also fights in the water and also matches to determine air superiority.”

He hummed a little bit before they eventually reached the starting line, where one of his receptionists out front was riding Idun the Pidgeot (as always).

“Alright, so,” Ethan began the explanation—mostly for the challenger’s benefit. “It’s a four-part course. The both of you will be flying through it, and the main objective is to make it to the finish line. No time limit, no speed, no flying over the obstacles because that’s cheating, and—good luck out there,” he added, giving Alex this ‘are you for real’ look before taking the starting point—

“On my whistle, and—”

The race was now on!

The first obstacle was made up of the vast majority of his Toucannon Armada™, firing off a combination of Beak Blast as well as Bullet Seed attacks all throughout the first stretch. The reason why the attacks looked extremely potent were due to the fact that all of the Toucannon present had the Skill Link ability, so…

“So… yeah, see you over there!” he chirped, before flying straight into the insanity.

wrCIzQIo

Part 1; the Toucannon™ Gauntlet: due to all of his Toucannon knowing the ability Skill Link, Bullet Seed will always hit five times! Accompanying the hard-shelled barrage is the Beak Blast opening cannons; the powerful bursts blocking any singular clear way through.

Roll lower than the total of Alex’s rolls to proceed; do you want to know what happens if you miss the target?

·
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 3:18:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The redhead nodded along with his words. She certainly knew that no two Pokemon were the same, and she understood the importance of persistence. But it also seemed underhanded to force the antisocial into close quarters. “I—I can get why they would think less of me.” Her posture and general demeanor oozed nervousness. “I am pretty sure an ill-tempered Ducklett could be my undoing.” Then again, they could summon tsunamis.[break][break]

Aubre hesitates a moment after Alexei takes off. She takes a deep breath to ground herself, attempting to ground her anxiety in reality. The fatality rate on this rate was non-existent. “You can do this.” There were multiple Pokemon here to catch her if something went awry. Quit being scared. You used to live in the saddle, A hand lifts to squeeze the Dragonite’s shoulder. With a snort, Marcus invites her abroad. Her feet slide into the stirrups as the second Dragonite rockets after the first.[break][break]

At the talk of justification, the redhead is quick to nod. Now that her stomach has come back down, there’s a surprising sense of calm. Sure, this course would feel like an eternity, but she knew it’d be over in minutes. Maybe she’d count if it got to be too much. “I see.” As he spoke, the redhead took a moment to ponder the course before her. “It makes sense. And it seems to fit you, somehow.” Her hands circled her pommel as they came to the front line. Though the doctor speaks to him, her next words brim with self-admonishment. “Probably because you designed it.” [break][break]

She’d watched countless videos of this course—all the public ones she’d found. Aubre had spent time digesting what she found and playing with her strategies. Ways she could dodge these bullet seeds. Options that’d let her play around the rules. But, as Alexei took off, all she knew was her mouth was dry. Let’s do this.

“Marcus!” The reins gave a timid smack as the Dragonite joined the gym leader in the warzone.

_T1RHToa

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#5AC575; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:10.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/7f/ad/qjZy0B2Z_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color: #76CF8C; } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:10.5px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 19:12:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Normally this obstacle would appear closer to the end of the challenge, however he had a feeling that whoever had set up this configuration (Claire) wanted to watch him suffer especially since there were new Toucannon arriving all the time and they needed to let all that excess energy out from time to time.

(Getting all cooped up in that aviary would drive someone crazy after some time, if he was being honest.)

Either way, his own hair very nearly got singed off by a rogue Beak Blast attack that came screaming too close for comfort towards his head!

“Yow!” he yelped as he ducked low and his Dragonite continued to weave through the barrage of shelled seeds exploding and bursts of concentrated firepower exploding.

Not too far away…

The redhead would be making better progress than he was, having found a ‘flight pattern’ from the rat-a-tat’ing burst of exploding Bullet Seed attacks getting incinerated by the resultant Beak Blast explosions going off.

In a moment of clarity, they would be able to gain the lead, however one shouldn’t rest on laurels so early on in the course!

There would be a seemingly straight ‘barrage’ of exploding firepower coming from several directions—and both challenger and Gym Leader would do well to get out of range before they got trapped in the searing beams’ path!

V7IGL1i0

Part 1; the Toucannon™ Gauntlet: due to all of his Toucannon knowing the ability Skill Link, Bullet Seed will always hit five times! Accompanying the hard-shelled barrage is the Beak Blast opening cannons; the powerful bursts blocking any singular clear way through.

Roll higher than the total of Alex’s rolls to proceed; do you want to know what happens if you miss the target?

·
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 12:42:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Alexei’s shout of pain drew the redhead’s gaze. Green eyes fixed on the blonde for a moment, concern apparent. “Alexei, are you—?” Her words died in her throat as the Dragonite dropped a yard. This gave them just enough clearance to save her a similar burn mark. [break][break]

An irritated grunt from Marcus drew out a quiet apology. “Sorry! I’m here! I didn’t mean to turn around like that! I just wanted to you know...” Eyes backlit by a ferocious competitiveness, the dragon type growled. He’d be damned if they did all this work for her soft heart to ruin it all. Aubre’s eyes peered through the pattern ahead. “I think it’s time to climb.“
[break][break]

Tightening her knees around the flying-type’s middle, the doctor fearlessly approached the next obstacle. She’d watched a lot of videos on this course. Some people might think it made her a worry-wart, but Aubre thought it made her prepared. Well, as prepared as you could be to get shot at. A Beak Blast detonated a foot or two to the right. The heat and bright light made her eyes water, but they’d almost blinded Marcus.
[break][break]

Grabbing the unused reins, the redhead jerked her mount to the left. “Tilt 30 degrees and climb around—roughly a foot and a half.” For a second,she expected the Dragonite to ignore her. He was the one who could fly after all. But, to her surprise, he did exactly as requested. His tiny wings avoided slamming into the edges of the attack grid. “Keep your tail straight for me.”
[break][break]

If she’d looked down, she’d find an unfamiliar face grinning back. But she kept her eyes forward. A surprising feat considering how much time she spent doing the opposite.

WFYZq5iR

[attr="class","bottom"]
[break]

[newclass=".widecurve .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/7f/ad/qjZy0B2Z_o.png); height:120px; width:120px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
·
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights