celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 4:18:12 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]it's been days since her hospital stay and subsequent release but what does she have to show for it? a still foreign eye patch over a newly empty socket and seeds of doubt strewn throughout her daily life.

even finishing paperwork with the rangers in rustboro feels... off, like she's borrowing another person's life and trying to force it to fit her own.

do others feel this way too? are they also struggling to not become an imposter with every decision they make?

she has half a mind to ask as she leaves the ranger headquarters in rustboro - the first person she can find, in fact, but she gets as far as tapping an unsuspecting man on the shoulder.

when he turns, any courage mustered shrinks down to miniscule levels and she stares for a moment.

"hey," she starts with. simple, easy, totally not odd or anything. "you got a minute?"

doubt mission.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 16:46:58 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[googleFont=Lato][googleFont=Abril+Fatface][googleFont=Montserrat]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

He was in his own world again; held hostage by the grey matter responsible for retaining memories. Although different in the ways that make it modern, the structure of the location was all the same. He could recall his time with his grandmother and how much of a pain in the ass he really was. Out of these flashbacks, one in particular stuck out above the rest. As a child, Roy wanted to be a ranger.

[break][break]

What child of Rustboro didn't? They were heroes, saviors of the people and more importantly, they were celebrities. They got all the fame and recognition. This wasn't something as important to Roy in his recent years, but it did pique his interest. The concept of a ranger aligned with his goals. If anything, it would help him find answers. If he was to answer to a higher calling, why couldn't it be the rangers?

[break][break]

As these thoughts and signals jittered across the lining of his skull, Roy's exterior appeared lifeless. If the corner of his mouth dropped any further, he would've been caught drooling. A sudden tap on his posterior brought him back to reality in an instant. He checked one shoulder first and then the other to find the ranger behind him. "What?" His response was plain.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy's thinking about how he wanted to be a ranger when he was a kid...

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon charizard"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon squirtle"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon ivysaur"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

[attr="class","roypkmn"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon noivern"]

[newclass=.roybg]width: 400px; background: #2b2b2b; border-radius:5px; border: 1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roytext]width: 300px; color: #aaa; padding: 50px; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uNjbxq7.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roytext::first-letter]float: left; font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 60px; line-height: 40px; padding:2px 2px 0 0; color: #d59e39; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roynote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmn]width:70px;height:70px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;border:1px solid #232323;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/X2ZyrNC.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost]margin: 5px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost b]font-weight:normal;color:#d59e39;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost table td]vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-box]margin-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-value]color: #d59e39; font-family: Montserrat;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 4:48:54 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]no going back, apparently, as he turns. the plain response should deter her - in fact, she even wants it to - but the questions come tumbling out regardless.

"what do you want to do? like future or job wise?"

vaguely, she gestures to the ranger building beside them.

"is this on your radar?"

she's a stranger to him and he to her but there's no judgement between them with the lack of knowing. somehow it feels more... organic, she supposes, to ask with no history laid out for them to navigate.

after a moment, though, doubt begins to creep in. and with it, embarrassment.

"wait, sorry - you, uh, don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

doubt mission.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 20:55:06 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Like that, Roy was caught, hook, line and sinker. It only took her initial question to intimidate him, but this wasn't exactly reflected in his expression. Her words implied that he was lacking and for a man, this was enough to get the blood flowing. He took that moment to search for an answer, but the girl suddenly robbed him of his window. He was too slow to respond. She questioned him again and like before, he felt ambushed. Any answer he had already felt as if it was stolen from the tip of his tongue.

[break][break]

"I'm figuring things out." He slipped the fingers of one hand through the hairline of his neck and the other to wave off any further questions in the interrogation. This is all he could muster, but even he felt disappointed in this answer. After a short pause, he returned to the conversation. "I guess this is what I wanted to be..." His head tilted towards the headquarters. "When I was a kid."
[break][break]

Roy typically wasn't one to share and he also wasn't one for small talk, but the situation willed it. Despite his initial nervous reaction to her eyepatch, the trainer didn't fear her response, especially if he could turn the tides of the conversation. The confidence would make his words sound sturdy in a way.
[break][break]
"What about you?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy's doing his best to answer...

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

[newclass=.roybg]width: 400px; background: #2b2b2b; border-radius:5px; border: 1px solid #232323; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roytext]width: 300px; color: #aaa; padding: 50px; text-align: justify; font: 12px Lato; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uNjbxq7.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roytext::first-letter]float: left; font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 60px; line-height: 40px; padding:2px 2px 0 0; color: #d59e39; margin-bottom:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roybg .roynote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmn]width:70px;height:70px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;border:1px solid #232323;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/X2ZyrNC.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypost .vdice-value]color: #d59e39; font-family: Montserrat;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 1:56:21 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]the answer, while seemingly sound and logical, doesn't quite satisfy her - not enough to stop another flurry of questions, anyway. his flourished hand does little to deter her from sinking teeth further into conversation.

"what's there to figure out if you've been wanting this since you were a kid?"

is she missing something? no, she reasons, she isn't. complications arise daily as life is messy and shitty and that shouldn't stop dreams, should it?

"me?"

she blinks.

somehow, as she sifts through memories of childhood, none come with dreams or aspirations or something... more. she had only one goal and in the end, the achievement of reaching it had its own consequences.

"nothing, i guess."

it's not rewarding. she doesn't care for it to be.

"wherever i end up is better than where i was so what's the point in planning?"

besides, she finds it hard to believe everything goes according to plan regardless.

doubt mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 19:30:41 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. His initial response was intentionally a deterrent. She transformed an ordinary conversation about professions into a game of cat and mouse. Without an active defense, the trainer would surely taste defeat.

[break][break]

Jumping from the headquarters, to the floor and back to the cyclops, Roy found it difficult to keep his eyes in one place. "You guess?" His eyes turned away again. And then he grinned. She continued her explanation and his mouth returned to normal.

[break][break]

"I'm not much of a planner, either." With the back of his wrist, he wiped the corner of his mouth. "That's why I'm not a ranger."

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy's no ranger...

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 0:41:01 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]"what, i can't guess?"

a hand plants itself firmly on her hip, as if in challenge.

and yet, she doesn't press it further. instead, her nose scrunches slightly in annoyance and her attention strays toward the rangers building.

"does being a ranger really require planning?"

did she pick the wrong career for her rocket free life? should she... go back to stealing again? doubt spreads like ivy across stone.

"i thought the only requirement was wanting to help and some nature shit or whatever."

truthfully, she didn't think about all of that beforehand but it's too late to turn back. she's committed to the concept now, even going so far as to lose an eye for the chance.

"do you not want to do that now?"

doubt mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 19:56:26 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Full focus was granted to his monocular opponent, but only to prevent her from asking any further questions. "Wait a second." If she wanted to keep playing detective, then he was happy enough to play the role of criminal. Emerging from somewhere below his nose, two rows of fangs presented some sort of devilish grin.

[break][break]

"You're telling me you don't know how to be a ranger?" His face was convincing, but the question was clearly in bad faith. From bottom to top, the trainers eyes probed the girl of any weaknesses before she could answer. They would only cease their scan once they reached the ranger's only available iris.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy's being rude...

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 20:10:43 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]”no!”

she bristles slightly, the way a cat would when frightened, and digs her heels a little further in. her cheeks puff slightly, an indignant scoff following a moment later.

and yet, she has no argument to defend herself. she… really doesn’t know how to do this. her life was the streets in kanto and a stupid rocket submarine in hoenn. what else could she possibly know?

visibly, she relaxes enough to allow a more honest answer to filter through.

”actually, yeah, no i don’t know what i’m doing.”

does anyone, though? yes, a little voice supplies, they do.

”i’m not used to being the good guy, okay? it’s weird.”

doubt mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 18:44:42 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

He had her on the ropes now. Everything about her response was amusing to him. He participated in the idea that the rangers' heroisms and courage was only skin deep. This is why he liked to challenge it. They weren't real heroes. They were just like everyone else. He would use this notion to maintain his interest in the conversation.

[break][break]

"I'm guessin' you're new, then." He turned his face away from hers.

[break][break]

"What were you before?" Roy wanted the origin story. He wanted to know what made her tick. He wanted to know why she was here asking these questions in the first place. Maybe he'd even get an explanation about her menacing eyepatch.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

Roy's being mean again.

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 19:32:46 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]annoyance flattens her expression until she flashes teeth.

”that obvious?”

clearly, but that’s neither here nor there. so what if she’s new? at least she’s doing something better, something more…

isn’t she?

hesitation comes, then, in the face of his question. will he judge? will he understand? does she even care how he takes it?

the admittance is soft when it comes.

”team rocket.”

doubt mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 17:37:43 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

Shocked by her response, he issued a sudden gust of air from the back of his throat. His crooked lips presented a breath that sounded too similar to one of a laugh.

[break][break]

This was way too easy.

[break][break]

"You're joking." He knew she wasn't. Hoenn was obviously a mess. Stories like these weren't too uncommon. Regardless, it was still a joke. At least in his eyes.

[break][break]

"How did a member of Team Rocket end up as part of the rangers?" He would continue to dig deeper, as long as she let him.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

How did a member of Team Rocket end up as part of the rangers?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 15:05:40 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]”who’d joke about that?” she scoffs, nose turned up in the air as if she’s above such a thing. she isn’t, really, but she’ll act like it all the same.

she used to be the cat in this game, you know…

now she’s a little rodent scurrying around his questions. too close and she risks claws, yet too far means giving up to cowardice. annoying.

”wanted a better life and all that shit, just like everyone else.”

her eye narrows slightly.

”got a problem with that or something?”

doubt mission.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
308 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 23:14:49 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","roypost"]

[attr="class","roybg"]

[attr="class","roytext"]

He was getting too good at this. Methodical, even. From rodent to feline in just a few words. He had no remorse, either. After all, she did start it. Her menacing eyepatch wouldn't be enough to stop him from finishing it.

[break][break]

"Who's asking?" He snorted. "The Ranger or the Rocket?"

[break][break]

This was still his game, even if he was genuinely curious about her answer. Both rangers and rockets had their benefits. Did she find that better life? Would she lie about it if she didn't? His eyelids relaxed as his mind preyed on the potential answers and the implications that followed.

[break][break]

[attr="class","roynote"]

How did a member of Team Rocket end up as part of the rangers?

[attr="class","roypkmn"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
which witch
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 18:08:26 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]tch. annoying.

"does it matter?"

no, she doesn't think so. ranger or rocket... it's all the same flesh and bone in the end. all human, all fragile, all hope.

only the goals change and even then, are they really so different?

"can't i just ask as myself?"

do titles and jobs and whatever matter anyway? she finds no point in caging herself into one specific entity for she's more than that... isn't she?

doubt flickers like a candle's flame struggling to stay alive against a blowing breeze. she tries- and fails - to shove it down.

doubt mission.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights