awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 2:40:10 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar had expected the Power Spot within the Cave of Origin to be bigger. I mean, it was not small by any stretch of the imagination--but by the way described it he expected it to be massive. Oh well, a reasonable size was hardly a detriment. If anything, it would make examining it easier.

Apparently only designated individuals had permission to examine the Power Spot, but Oscar's status as a former Head Scientist allowed him a certain level of privilege. He had a few hours to do some experiments of his own, and hopefully that would be enough time to get some answers about Dyna-energy...or at least point him in the right direction.

The Power Spot was surrounded by machinery, but he would not be using any of it. He had brought his own, stored away in a wagon attached to a golf cart. Oscar's Genesect, Prime, was helping to unload the machinery. Likely still sitting in the golf cart (or doing something else who knows she's her own woman) was Oscar's partner for the day: .

When Oscar put out the request for help, she had been the first and only person to volunteer. Perhaps the Power Spot was too intimidating for other Rocket scientists--or maybe they just did not think it mattered. Either way, he appreciated the help. Oscar stood before the Power Spot, staring into it while rolling a lollipop between his teeth. After a few minutes of silent contemplation, he would address his human companion.

"What do you know about Dyna-energy?"
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 10:24:06 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
There she was yet again, stuck in the middle of volunteering herself for duties that would free her from the impending prison of work that was her laboratory. Soyeon did appreciate the approval to step out of the lab and come with Oscar nearby the Cave of Origin. She was partly reminded of the time she had spent with guarding the entrance not to long ago. This time, though, there wouldn't be the horrific display of the most terrifying of shadow Pokémon. Thankfully, this was somewhat preferred.

She came busy helping the Genesect along with moving machinery and other various things that the man who stood nearby. At his question, the scientist swung her head over towards Oscar. "Not as much as you might have hoped. I'm not as knowledgeable about them as Ultra Space, but there's a couple of questions I may be able to answer."

The scientist made her way over towards the man and wiped off of her hands.

"Why? Are you trying to learn something in specific?"

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 17:27:53 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar let out a chuckle, still peering into the Power Spot as he responded to Ms. Kwan. "I hoped for the bare minimum so good job so far. My goals are nebulous. Head Scientist undoubtedly hopes to harness Dyna Energy in time. I want to expedite that process. Firstly we should test the limits of our current technology in regards to Dyna energy exposure."

As if on cue, Prime would begin putting some of the parts it had unloaded together; twisting tubes and bolts together with its claws to connect them into one machine. In the end it would look like some sort of cylinder, as tall as the Genesect itself. Genesect would point to the remaining pieces of equipment: a laptop with a USB cord and a bundle of loose wires with orbs on their tips. Prime would leave those to Soyeon to carry as it pushed the strange machine over to Oscar.

Oscar finally took his eyes off of the power spot, watching as Prime brought the machine over. The loud scraping sound it made caused his eyebrows to furrow. "Man--now it's gonna look all fucked up on the bottom. We gotta get you thumbs so you can lift things." His eyes looked to Soyeon, his tone shifting from lighthearted exasperation to earnest curiosity.

"You volunteered rather readily for this task. What do you hope to learn?"

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 3:56:10 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The Genesect would waste no time and connecting everything together once they had unloaded much of what they were looking for. While not one for bug types, Soyeon couldn't help but marvel at the artificial Pokémon. It was fully primed and ready to enact whatever it was that Oscar had plans for on this day in regards to this venture into the Power Source.

She would have to see about getting one made for herself one of these days.

"I should have figured as much. It would be extremely beneficial to have Dyna Energy fueling anything, really. I'm hoping its put to more productive uses than what I assume it will be used for." she clicked her tongue in annoyance. "But I digress. I'm very eager to see where this research goes and how it can be used."

Her speech was interrupted by the sound of the Genesect pushed one device over towards Oscar, emitting a harsh scraping sound as she winced. At his question, Soyeon peaked up from her position on the laptop, and from fawning over the little steel type. 

"Answers, really. I wouldn't be a scientist if I wasn't curious about everything. I've studied Ultra Space and Infinity Energy enough that I believed it would be important that I assist your team alongside your efforts. I would imagine that Dyna Energy functions somewhat similar, though differs from being something reliant of Pokémon themselves. And besides..." she smirked.

"It beats being chased around by Pokémon in Ultra Space."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 20:45:39 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Productive uses--Oscar could not help but smile. Considering his own plans for these power spots, perhaps it would be best to shed no more light on his own ambitions. He would not want to upset Miss Kwan during their first encounter. He admired her drive though, and would make that clear as he approached the now stationary machine.

"We're cut from the same cloth, you and I. Seeking answers to insurmountable questions, it's the core of our craft. Nature clings tightly to its secrets, and I see nothing wrong with occasionally prying its mouth open."

Oscar flipped a few switches, causing the machine to whir to life. Oscar pointed toward the laptop that Soyeon now held. "I'm going to plug in the usb cord into the machine, that should open an app that will help us read the data that this machine creates." Oscar did just that and waited for Soyeon to confirm that the app was open.

While he waited, he would bundle the wires with orbs on their tips and begin plugging in their unadorned ends into the machine. "Just a fair warning, when the test starts--anything can happen. Are you ready?"

close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
197 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 8:37:24 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
"I see. We're just two kindred souls stuck in the middle of everything. Trapped in the maelstrom of Hoenn."

Soyeon was happy to hear that Oscar was of the same mindset as her. A fellow person who couldn't allow the mysteries of the world to pass them by unsolicited. It was one of the reasons she wanted to travel down the road of a scientist in the first place! Her innate curiosity could not be held back when it came to the natural world. A blessing and a curse, as her routine lab work showed.

Back onto more important matters, Soyeon held the laptop in hand as Oscar made final preparations to get ready for their work to start here. The plan was made and a USB cord plugged into the machine. It did take a few moments, but a window did open showing an application, ready to measure their little experiment here.

"It's up." she nodded towards Oscar with a knowing smile. "I'm ready to go when you are."

The machine was soon activated as the metal parts sprung to life. Soyeon's eyes were glued to the laptop in hand, her eyes fleeting back towards the man and his Genesect every now and again, just to keep an eye on things.

"So far so good..."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Ancient Power (M)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 18:02:24 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded back at Soyeon as she announced her readiness. With a flick of his wrist, Oscar would toss the wires with orbs into the Power Spot itself. He flicked a couple of switches on the machine, and it began gradually growling with activity. The machine began to loudly absorb Dynaenergy, sucking it through the orbs and into its machinery. The energy was so powerful that it could be physically witnessed passing through the wires.

Oscar scratched his chin, "Fascinating..." He continued to observe, even as the machine began to groan and whine. Soyeon's laptop would begin flashing a warning of a power overload, though even upon hearing of it Oscar would not be deterred. "It must run its course. Unplug the usb cord on my word." The machine continued to absorb energy, rattling and quaking as it was ripped apart from the inside. Eventually it could not contain the energy any longer, and the machinery itself began to inflate.

"Now!" Oscar said as he finally decided to jump away. Genesect backed off as well, standing between the machine and its master just in case the worst should occur. The machine eventually popped, not in an explosion but rather like a bottle of champagne. Energy surged out of its top before dissipating into the air. The machine abruptly went quiet, its charred carcass slowly falling over into a heap of scrap. Oscar looked over Genesect's shoulder to Soyeon, "Hey are you alright?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights