REESE RHODES DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @reese
REESE RHODES
don't stop make it pop [damian]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 3:36:56 GMT
REESE RHODES Avatar
oh lord why did he agree to this.

reese has never been to a club before. he's been to a few bars here and there, but typically on quieter nights. here he can feel the thrum of the beat throughout his entire body, lights flashing and people dancing, sweaty and noisy, all around them. he's been clutching his glass of amaretto sour like a life preserver since he got it, nervously nursing at it. in the distance he can see an area of the club set aside for a small arcade, and while he wants to go there, he'd have to cross the dance floor in order to do so.

instead they just shrink and hide behind their roommate. "i-i don't belong here!" they shout frantically, hoping damian can hear them. "i'm cottagecore, not... not EDM!" they tug at their sweater. "see!? why couldn't we have gone to a farmer's market or something!?" they don't even know how to dance with other people! they've only ever done it in contests.

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
only thing you can take from me? are notes.
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 8:43:22 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh..." damian, though it did not show upon his neutral expression, had been taken aback. the scenery before them wasn't what he'd expected. considering the name of the establishment was dubbed "PLAYGROUND", he expected more. more being that this was an adult establishment for those who wanted to play on a jungle gym made for adults.

[break][break]

instead it was more a club scene. damian, cleaning his ear with a pinky, didn't understand reese's youthful terminology as they clung to damian. there was a bar near them. guiding the pair toward the station of booze and alcohol, he would say, "you should lighten up, we're here now. we may as well make the best of it." besides, maybe they could meet some new people while here or score some party favors.

[break][break]

"where's your sense of adventure, this is the perfect place to work on your..." damian tried to remember the acronym used, "..edm?" reese really needed to stay off the internet, "the hell's a cottagecore anyway..." damian pondered aloud.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
note: social. [break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-charizard"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pikachu"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-riolu"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#99a641; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

he/they
july 7
verdanturf town
pansexual
cafe worker
trainer
goodbye, ms. flower thief.
awards
40 posts
REESE RHODES DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @reese
REESE RHODES
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 18:27:48 GMT
REESE RHODES Avatar

reese stares at damian, mouth open, brows furrowed. oh, the woes of having a himbo roommate... "how old are you...?" he mutters sullenly. some sort of grandpa...? the music thrums around them as they nurse their drink. i guess not everyone can be as eternally online as you are, reese. it's not his fault that the internet is one of the only places he can mask his identity and, therefore, be himself. it's been that way since he was little, though he abandoned all his accounts not long ago in favor of starting over.

they try to gather up their courage, but fail. time for plan b! reese chugs the rest of their drink and orders another. if you can't make your own courage, storebought is okay too, right?

once they've finished their second glass, they look a little more determined. "how about we go over to the arcade section!?" reese shouts above the music. they've got the mildest buzz going; thank god they're a lightweight. "that's kind of like a playground, right!?" maybe after this they can find an actual adult playground...

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 12:02:24 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oI..."

[break][break]

damian's neutral gaze shifted into worry as reese began to down his beverage, but their bewitching innocence overshadowed all of that. to damian reese was like a walking plushie. their androgynous features, paired with their quirky personality, made his bitter beer taste all the better--almost like skittles and rainbows.

[break][break]

damian, taking one more sip of his beer, stood from his seat lazily. a grunt uttered as though he had brittle and old bones. "arcade games...?" damian wasn't the best when it came to technology. he was like an old soul possessing the body of a youthful adult. "i'm not the best at them, but i'm not against it." reese was more likely able to best him in that department.

[break][break]

"where do you even find the time to learn how to use this complicated stuff?" he'd examine the machines the duo were to pass by. each one seeming harder than the next. "learning how to play a game seems like such a drag." and then came his slothful nature, "try not overdo it, lightweight."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-charizard"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pikachu"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-riolu"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#99a641; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

newt

he/they
july 7
verdanturf town
pansexual
cafe worker
trainer
awards
40 posts
REESE RHODES DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @reese
REESE RHODES
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 16:48:57 GMT
REESE RHODES Avatar
damian asks a question that's like asking a bird how it finds the time to fly. reese shakes his head, scowling. "dunno what you mean, i grew up playing stuff like this." he wasn't quite an ipad baby, but he'd definitely spent a good chunk of his childhood playing games inside rather than going out to play with friends. which is fine, because it made his first taste of real contest magic stick out even more to him.

they select a cabinet that doesn't have anyone already playing. "here, watch, it's not that hard," they yell to damian. it's a simpl;e rhythm game featuring bongos, a control scheme so simple they think even damian can manage. "you just hit the drums to the beat! super easy." they slide a coin in, and the game starts. reese gestures to damian to step up as they scroll through the various choices. "let's see... oh, this is a good one!" selecting a song, they take a step back. what could possibly go wrong?

close tab

played by

light

he/him
august 5th
bisexual
researcher's assistant
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
9 posts
Damian Belle DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damian
Damian Belle
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 7:32:39 GMT
Damian Belle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

damian had a spotty memory of his childhood. he wasn't exactly the type to remember things he found unimportant. as reese fiddled with the machinery before them, he thought aloud, "there was a lot of hitting." not related to abuse of course. he was mostly doing the hitting.

[break][break]

"oh yeah, you use your hands right?" raising his hand and tightening it into a fist, he hovered over the mechanization that would be used to keep track of his score with each hit. with a single fist raised damian, staring intently, smashed a hole into the bongos once the buzzer went off.

[break][break]

"oh."

[break][break]

he would look to the side and stared away from reese, "this game sucks." he, in a neutral tone, uttered. they were gonna have to pay for that later probably. "i don't think i'm good with bongos." curse his heavy-handedness.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

newt

he/they
july 7
verdanturf town
pansexual
cafe worker
trainer
awards
40 posts
REESE RHODES DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @reese
REESE RHODES
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:37:17 GMT
REESE RHODES Avatar
reese stares. he doesn't dare utter a word, as his body tries to decide between fight or flight. let's see... if they get caught having broken one of the machines, they'll probably be asked to pay for it, and there's no way in hell reese can afford to replace part of an arcade cabinet on his meager salary working at the cafe. but on the other hand, if they don't own up to it and there's a security camera that outs them, they could be in even more trouble...

they let out a low groan and shake their head. finally, they make their decision, and they grab damian by the wrist and promptly drag him away. "we are gonna be in so much trouble," they mutter. "i'll have to empty out my savings..." their fault in the first place for thinking damian could literally pull his punches.

reese drains the rest of his glass and looks around. "now what do we do?" they have no idea what sort of things a person should do at a club, aside from dance and drink.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights