Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
Shiny Researching - Volunteers Wanted [m]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 23:13:20 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Caspian sighs as he stands in front of the library computer. Divinity, his small dratini, wrapped around his neck happily. [break][break
SHINY'S WANTED [break][break]
My name is Doctor Caspian Evergreen, I am looking for Shiny volunteers to donate a sample of their dnd to be researched. The purpose of my research is to figure out how pokemon shiny's could impact the medical world for humans. Owners of Shiny will be asked a series of questions upon meeting as to insure I have the history of their shiny fully recorded. [break][break]
Please call or text: 555-465-5555 to schedule a meeting.

Checking the format and visibility of the ad Caspian hits submit. As well as copying it to several other news sites and submitting it. [break][break]
"Well Divinity," he moves his hand up to her sleek head. "Lets hope we have some luck with volunteers." [break][break]

Closing out all the tabs on the computer Cas gathers all his stuff and heads out of the library. Randomly checking his phone the whole time he rode the bus back to his home.

[attr="class","ooc"] notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".youroc"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc"]--accent:#49bf16; --speech:#0dd572;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .topimg"]background:url(https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/062/383/286/20230502040531/smaller_square/edric-lee-genshin-baizhuh-art.jpg?1683018331); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .main"]color:#ffffff; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#222; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 10:37:11 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
An ad for Shiny Pokémon? Andrea had a Shiny Pokémon. Lots of them, in fact. And this was for scientific purposes? Count her in!

The young PokéManiac immediately called to schedule an appointment, giving her full name, address, and social security number. There was only one problem: The good doctor lived in Sootopolis, which was still under Rocket occupation. But she was just a civilian, so surely she wouldn't be seen as an enemy, right?

While waiting in the sanctity of his home, Dr. Caspian would hear the unmistakable sound of flapping wings, a green-scaled Hydreigon landing on his front porch. An eccentric-looking girl dismounted the three-headed dragon, adjusting her glasses. "Hello? Is anybody home? This is Andrea Vaneau! I'm here for the shiny thing!"

The woman in question was wearing a full-body dragon suit like she was cosplaying as her dragon fursona that the writer had only just now found out was officially known as a derg. MT. CHIMNEY would freeze over before the day Andrea dressed up like a normal person.
close tab

played by

Ky

Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 2:16:09 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Little did he know that someone would respond so quickly to his ad. The call had come in right as he had just set his things down at home. After she had stopped rambling off all her personal information, of which much he had no use for, he informed her where his temporary apartment was located. Though he had noticed a moment of hesitation when she had learned it was in Sootopolis city. And an educated Hypothesis could be that it was highly populated by Rocket.[break][break]

The thudding sound of wings didn't alarm him at all and when the pokemon landed Caspian had just finished setting up his workstation. [break][break]

Before she could get more than one knock done on the door Caspian opened the door."Andrea, so nice to see you in person." His soft smooth voice had a friendly tone to it. One that matched that of a humble stranger. His golden brown eyes had a slight glimmer to them of amusement at viewing her outfit yet he said nothing about it. [break][break]

He stood to the side of the door to allow her in. The front room was warm and cozy with a fake hearth situated in front of a modern styled couch. The kitchen was connected to the front room with only an island, adorned with multiple vials of various colored liquids, some syringes and an assortment of scientific tools. A Dratini laid lazily on the edge of the counter, only winking in acknowledgment once Andrea entered the room. [break][break]

"You might want to return your pokemon to its pokeball for the time being. I have a few inquiries that I must ask before I will require the shiny to be present." Caspain smiles. He then goes over to the counter and grabs a hand sized brown notebook and a pen. "Shall we begin?" [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".youroc"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .topimg"]background:url(https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/062/383/286/20230502040531/smaller_square/edric-lee-genshin-baizhuh-art.jpg?1683018331); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .main"]color:#c7d1c9; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".youroc .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#222; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 14:54:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The friendly-toned doctor invited Andrea into his humble abode, asking her to put her signature Hydreigon back into its ball. Maybe he was worried about one of his vials filled with sciency stuff being knocked over by the chubby dragon?

“You had a long flight, Chomper. You deserve some rest.” The weirdly-dressed girl withdrew her draconic companion, before stepping inside, taking a gander at the room and waving at the little Dratini laying on top of the counter.

“Sure, let’s begin.” She eagerly nodded at Dr. Caspian. “I love contributing to science. I’m something of a scientist myself, you know!”

close tab

played by

Ky

Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 21:45:19 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Caspian ushers her to the couch and sits across from her on a wooden chair he pulled away from the kitchen table. "Why, what a coincidence? Then you will know studies like these take time, so please make yourself comfortable." He again flashed a friendly smile at her. His golden brown eyes flickering over her outfit. [break][break]
As he walked by the Dratini, he held out his arm to her and she instantly slid up his arm to rest around his neck like a scaly scarf.[break][break]
After she settles in he takes a look at his note book and back at her, "First things first, What is your name and age? As well as the age you found your hydreigon? What Region of Hoenn were you in when you found it? What was the weather like that day? Did you feel anything when you captured it for the first time? Do you remember if anything out of the ordinary occurred during that time, other than it of course? Was there anyone else with you?" He then proceeds to list off a series of other smaller more fine detail questions, scribbling in messy handwriting each of her answers as they go. even occasionally repeating a question to make sure she had answered correctly.[break][break]
When he had finished with all the questions Caspian adjusted his glasses, which had

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".youroc .main"]color:#c7d1c9; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 15:32:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The eccentric trainer made herself comfortable, sitting on the couch with her legs crossed and her hands resting on her lap. She would have taken her footwear off too, if her costume was not a onesie. As the good doctor laid down his questions, she answered them all in earnest… A bit too earnest.

“My name is Andrea Vaneau. I’m 20 years old. I was born here in Hoenn, on August 10 on a hot, humid day. My mom delivered me in the water. I have no siblings. My sign is the Lion. I’m 180 cm tall and weigh 64 kg. My blood type is AB. I have no known allergies. I got chicken pox when I was in kindergarten. My cup size is F, and I’m a virgin.”

But wait, there’s more.

“I found Chomper as a Deino when I was 10 years old. He stumbled into my parents’ ranch in Fallarbor having been separated from his family. I think their nest must have been somewhere on Meteor Falls, but I’ve never been able to find it. The weather that day was… normal, I think? I raised Chomper as a pet until I was old enough to get a trainer license, so catching him in a ball felt more like a formality. Oh, and he hasn’t always been shiny. That happened last year when he ate a funny fruit.”

Like many patients, she dropped the most relevant piece of information last.

close tab

played by

Ky

Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 20:25:40 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Not even bothered by the additional information, some of which the rocket league might even find usefull, he scribbled down everything she stated. When she finished talking about her shiny Caspian nodded profusely. From his previous research a lot of shiny pokemon were made by eating this mysterious fruit. He'd yet to really encounter or examine a naturally born shiny pokemon. He was in the market for one of these fruits. Wanting to take it to the lab and run some tests on why it makes pokemon change, and maybe even what would happen if a human were to consume one. [break][break]
Clicking his pen caspian looked up at Andrea. "Well that answers all my main questions. I'd greatly appreciate if you summon it now. I'd like to take some samples of its skin, spit, maybe some blood if you are willing, and in general its physicality." He stood and began pushing the chair he was sitting on to the side of the room. "Here help me move the couches and such. As much as I don't care for damage, the more we can avoid the more i have to avoid paying to fix.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 20:42:06 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea helped the good doctor move the couch and other breakable furniture, before letting her shiny Hydreigon out of its ball. The green-scaled dragon idly hovered in the middle of the room, allowing its trainer to ruffle its dark mane.

"I think it would be better if I took the samples. Chomper only trusts me." The flamboyant cosplayer pointed out. With a nickname like that, one could assume that the Hydreigon liked to bite things. Usually fingers.

"By the way, what's your research about?" The eccentric girl curiously inquired. She had her own reasons for asking, which she would get to later if an opportunity presented itself.

close tab

played by

Ky

Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 21:53:16 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Caspian watched as the onesie clad girl pulled out the pokeball and the Hydreigon promptly formed in the cleared space. His eyes scanned over its body as it moved around. [break][break]
"No, You will have to excuse my forwardness but from the little I know about you I do not take you as a scientist. Therefore I will take the samples as to avoid contaminating them with anything else." Caspian produced some gloves from a drawer he had navigated to in the kitchen. Pulling them tight he then proceeded to pull out a few capped dishes and a vial. As well at a needle. "If it really only trusts you tell it to stay calm and comfort it as I go about. I'll start with the not so painful samples such as skin samples, a few hair follicles, and some blood samples. The only thing I really can have you take is the saliva sample." He pulls out a large cotton q-tip and hands it as well as a dish to Andrea. [break][break]
"As for what my research is about; currently I am researching the differences between a shiny pokemon and a normal pokemon. I am also attempting to get my hands on one of those fruits the Hydreigon here ate as to study its possible affects if a human were to consume it. My end goal is to eventually figure out how to successfully integrate human and pokemon dna together. And the results I'm looking for will be something i will keep to myself. Throughout his whole rant he's been gathering dishes and tools, organizing his workspace to be efficient. A gleam in his eyes as he goes on about his research. [break][break]
"Now, shall we begin?" He promptly raised some tweezers and a petri dish and gestured to the Hydreigon. Indicating for her to begin comforting or distracting the pokemon so he may begin taking samples.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 11:37:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As soon as Chomper noticed the needle, he snarled with hostility, lunging straight at Dr. Caspian. The man was saved at the last second from turning into dragon dinner by Andrea wrapping her arms and legs around the Hydreigon’s many necks.

“I told you you should’ve let me do it!” The trainer of dragons winced, clearly struggling to keep the pseudo-legendary at bay with her human strength alone. One of her other Pokéballs popped open, a Kangaskhan coming out. “Little help here, Missy!”

The large marsupial nodded, Singing a beautiful lullaby that put the raging dragon into a peaceful sleep. Even the baby in Missy’s pouch fell asleep. With one crisis averted, Andrea fell back on the floor, panting in exertion. “Okay… Now you can begin.”

While regaining her bearings, the young PokéManiac keenly listened to the good doctor explaining the purpose of his research, her amethyst eyes gleaming when he revealed his lofty ambitions. “That sounds super neat! You think it’d be possible for humans with Pokémon DNA to become Pokémon themselves? Or maybe some kind of human-Pokémon hybrid? My dream is to turn into a Pokémon, you see.”
close tab

played by

Ky

Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 9:22:17 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar

[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

As Caspian dodged the head of the pokemon he accidently knocked over a vial, clattering to the floor a strong peppermint smell wafted through the kitchen. He growled as he got back up after the thing had fallen asleep. "You really should discipline your pokemon more often behavior like that will get someone killed." Divinity hissed at the pokemon before slithering over to caspian to climb up his arm. [break][break]

He began to gather the samples of the shiny that he required while he responded to her inquiry. "Anyways, in a sense that is my end goal. To achieve a new form for humans that could amplify healing properties, our strength, constitution, intellegence, and even our physicality; would not only cure many diseases, but allow us to protect ourselves and not rely off these," he licked his lips attempting to find the right word for pokemon that would not offend his guest. "Beings, for protection." [break][break]

"May i ask why you wish to become a full on pokemon? From the way society works around them you'd be used as a mere farm animal should you acomplish your goal. Made to obey the orders or commands of whichever trainer you are with. Now as a hybrid you would still have your individuality, but I only theorize even then society might ostracize you from their social groups until hybrids become a common every day thing." [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 11:23:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea's Kangaskhan narrowed its eyes at the hissing Dratini. "I don't discipiline my friends." The eccentric trainer replied. "I earn their trust. And if I can't earn their trust, that's fine too." Which would mean that Chomper did not trust Dr. Caspian. Very curious.

The conversation quickly pivoted to the subject of Caspian's research, followed by the topic of Andrea's eccentric dream. "Pokémon are awesome, so I wanna become one too." If the good doctor expected a more elaborate motivation, he wasn't getting one. "Humans aren't any freer than Pokémon. They have to obey laws, work, pay taxes and do other adult stuff. And even if they do all that stuff, they might still feel unhappy. A wild Pokémon has more freedom than a human. Even Pokémon in captivity have a better life most of the time."

When had this turned into a philosophical debate? And why was this costumed weirdo with an AB blood type and a cup size of F so adept at it?

close tab

played by

Ky

Cas/Cassy
he/him/they
December 15th
Kanto
Gay
Herbalist
0 height
0 height
awards
21 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caspian
caspian evergreen
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 21:27:22 GMT
caspian evergreen Avatar
[attr="class","youroc"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Caspians tongue clicked at her saying no to discipline. He didn't quite get peoples ideal on being "friends" with pokemon. While Divinity and Sky, his dratini and dragonair, had been close companions, they still were disciplined like the rest of his pokemon, taught to obey commands without question other wise they will receive consequences. [break][break]
"Here is the thing Andrea. We still have a semblance of free will and choice to rise against those laws. We can Fight for our own thoughts and actions. A pokemon is forced to allign themselves with the ideals of the one trainer they belong to. Because thats who provides them with the means of living. So unless released, pokemon are mor bound than humans. As for wild pokemon, then i can agree that they are just as free as humans maybe even more, but even then theoretically if you were a wild pokemon, you would have to avoid predator's in the wild, including humans, to remain free and safe." Caspian was enjoying this debate. It had been awhile since a stranger had struck up a debate of which both sides have valid reasons and standings. [break][break]
As he listened to her response he went about her pokemon, gathering the much needed samples, and humming Jingle Bells to himself while he listened. Normally he would be listening to music full blast as he did tests like these. But unfortunately with a guest here it might be considered rude. [break][break]

• We can end this soon if you would like. Dm me to chat about it ^-^

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 15:38:36 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Are you saying the only way for a human to be as free as a Pokémon is to break the law? Technically, you're not wrong, but I'm not sure how to feel about that." Andrea argued back, while staring at her shiny Hydreigon, who remained fast asleep. "Pokémon don't have to pay for food or water, but if I went around stealing groceries, I'd definitely get arrested. On the other hand, eating fruit or mushrooms that you found in the forest isn't illegal in the slightest. But if you want meat, then you have to hunt, which IS illegal, unless you're a Pokémon, in which case it's just the circle of life."

The trainer of dragons proceeded to look at Dr. Caspian's Dratini that was coiled around the androgynous man's arm. "Pokémon have freedom over their choices and actions too. They can even choose to disobey their trainers. Pokéballs make them a lot more docile, but it's not like they brainwash them. Sure, there will always be bad trainers that use Pokéballs as a means of oppression, but it doesn't have to be that way. If a trainer earns a Pokémon's respect, then the ball isn't even necessary most of the time."