Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 1:16:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"did the last of the cacnea make it out?" noah shouts above the gray-white flurry. he peers back on the slope to find gwen's shape in the middle of the blizzard. [break][break]

the cactus pokemon scatter past her, puncturing footprints in the snow that are filled as soon as they are made.[break][break]

noah's machamp marches to the top of the slope before shouting in alarm.[break][break]

snow like impasto strokes veer across noah's form. obfuscated by the unnatural billows, he reaches back with his arm as if it were a lifeline or a signal of his appearance.[break][break]

"there's a few more at the top!" noah says. "you sure you're okay with continuing?"[break][break]

the ranger-in-training is his responsibility and that duty is the strongest tether.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
mission - it's so sno'ver

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/r39MYJ3/setticon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:22:17 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwendolyn stood with Noah in the immensely cold blizzard, with the flock of Cacnea bouncing along in the white tundra that the two had found themselves in. She gripped her winter jacket for dear life, trying to preserve as much heat as she could. Oh how she wished she was a little ice type that could just swift swim through this slushy weather. Would this even count as rain though? Was snow really rain?

"Eight...nine...That's all of 'em!" Gwen shouted up to her fellow red head and his Machamp. Her trusty Magneton was quirkily zipzapping all around the area surrounding them as if to look for some kind of ice key in all of this snow. It's typing made it a bit more durable than humans in the blizzard. Gwen had wanted to bring out Gishath but the poor thing wouldn't fare too well in places like this. Especially scaling up a place like this.

"Wh-What? there's more?!" Noah reported back down while Gwen clung onto his arm like a lost child. She couldn't get separated in an environment like this. It spelled certain death for her, and more importantly, Noah getting into trouble for allowing it to happen. As expendable as she viewed herself, Gwen had goals to hit and a buddy to keep happy.

Gwen nodded at Noah, tightening her grip. "I'm fine! Those Cacnea are way more important than a few more minutes by the fireplace. Let's get going, Captain!"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 7:04:59 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"that's the spirit." noah laughs—but it is caught short. stifled by a grunt as he attempts to hoist the two together toward the slope's building summit.[break][break]

suddenly, both gwen and gym leader are airlifted by the latter's machamp. the snow crunches beneath their shoes upon landing.[break][break]

here, a couple of cacnea reside in a small cave set into the mountainside. they shiver, thick needled limbs pushed together as if in prayer.[break][break]

"okay ranger! we got some skittish ones here. got any ideas for getting them out?" noah brushes off snow from gwendolyn's shoulders. his machamp steps back, worried it would intimidate them.

[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/r39MYJ3/setticon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 7:37:45 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The Machamp had made quick work of getting both up to that outcropping where the Cacnea were currently stuck at, seeking shelter from the cold. Noah had helped the two of them get up further beyond that point, while Gwen continued to try and get as much warmth as she could from her heavy duty equipment.

"Hoenn does know how to have one hell of a winter." she commented aloud before arriving at the scene.

The poor group of Cacnea were bundled up nice here, but the exposure was going to do them in if they didn't do anything soon. While Noah brushed her shoulders and hair free of snow, Gwen thought about what she had available at the moment. They looked frightened and ready to run off into trouble at any minute. "No clue." she said, slowly taking off her jacket. The trainee knelt down and showed it to the group while trying to seem approachable.

"Hello!" she said, holding it out for the small group of pokemon shivering. "Here, you guys look like you could use this more than me at the moment." Regardless if they took it not, Gwen would continue to try and win them over. "We're here to help you get to safety. I know you're scared, and that's okay. We'll get you out here, but you just need to trust us, alright?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 23:48:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
a warm pocket of noah's laughter punches the cold air. the gym leader understands the turn of phrase; however, it is hoenn's very lack of experience with winter that has plunged them into the dilemmas of the wild.[break][break]

"staying in the mountain's not a good idea." noah says as his machamp nods. "we need to go somewhere warmer."[break][break]

the cacnea huddle into gwen's jacket. their thorns scrape against the fabric, perhaps tearing stitch or thread. [break][break]

"huh, you're a natural, gwendolyn." noah says. [break][break]

before he can offer more accolades, the earth shakes. within seconds, an avalanche barrels down the slope. snow courses into their cave opening, but noah's machamp is quick to act. its barrage of fists act as a barrier. fireworks of ice and flurry scatter from each punch, preventing the snow from infiltrating too far into their space.[break][break]

but the opening is sealed—and so are they.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 7:27:14 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The sight of the group of cacnea hobbling closer to accept her winter jacket and huddle inside of it for warmth. The sound of tearing and fabric being stretched to its full did cause some small amount of displeasure for Gwendolyn. It had been a gift but at least it was for a good cause.

"I can get a new jacket." Gwen smiled at Noah after watching the cacti pokemon fill the coat to its limit. "These guys can't get a second chance in a storm like this. Better that I freeze a little than to let them suffer."

The area started to shake violently as an avalanche began to hit the area. Snow found its way into the caverns in great amounts. She stood in front of the Cacnea to prevent any from rolling in on them. "We're gunna get snowed in if this fills up all the way!" Fortunately, Noah's Machamp was on the case. One flurry of punches later, the group was safe and sound.

Well, besides being trapped inside of a cave in.

"Th-Thanks, Noah." Her breath was visible as the interior of the cave began to slowly sap the heat as freshly packed snow filled in the entrance. Gwen cursed to herself while sorting through her brought Pokemon. "Crap, I don't have any fire-types that could melt this. And Gishath would freeze to death in this weather."

Panic had began to settle in. The trainee would be pacing back and forth while fiddling with her oversized spectacles. Her expression flipped between forced optimism and a mild form of panic.

"Ah-I don't know what to do, Captain. We don't know how far this cave goes. Should we risk going lower? It's going to get way colder the deeper we head..."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 5:37:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"you got me, gwen."[break][break]

noah's hand lands on gwen's shoulder like cork stuffed into a bottle fizzing with panic. he smiles wide. if his teeth could sparkle, they would have in that moment.[break][break]

"and me? i got you." [break][break]

he releases her shoulder and rolls his arm in its socket. his machamp does the same, cracks knuckles and tests punches into palms.[break][break]

"seems like you know what to do, actually! only way is forward, right? things gotta get worse before they get better, yada yada." [break][break]

the gym leader says. the cacnea huddle close to gwendolyn, the jacket carrying her familiar scent. [break][break]

"you trust me, right?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 6:26:10 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Noah's heavy hand was just the bit of inspiration that she had needed. His smile provided a foundation that Gwendoolyn grew envious of. How could he remained so brave and cheeky in the face of certain death? She absolutely hated her panicking, useless self! Robin would have been able to solve this in a heartbeat, why couldn't she?

She tried to collect herself by slowly breathing in and out which helped somewhat. Not enough to keep her from panicking but at least she wasn't freaking out. It wasn't until the Cacnea had bundled close to her that she had began to feel the panic die down. These little guys were depending on them to get them out!

"Ah-Agh-I trust you, Captain!" Gwen said, nodding her head with a sudden boost of confidence in her. "Just tell me what I can do to help."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 4:09:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
captain! it's the first time he's been called such a thing. though the title of 'gym leader' may provide similar feelings of pride and duty—the illusory rank gwendolyn bestows upon him mandates a single outcome: successful escape.[break][break]

"first things first, we're gonna need to light our way." noah says before dropping to a squat before gwen. "cacnea, little guys, can i entrust you all to leave a trail of needles? so we don't get lost."[break][break]

he peers up at gwendolyn, a smile wide on his face. his thick arms drape over his knees leisurely. noah wonders if is waiting for him at home, like a child pondering whether santa will take his milk and cookies at night.[break][break]

"are you scared, gwen?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 4:33:26 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen looked as the Cacnea currently burrowed into her coat would nod their heads and begin to start shedding some of their needles to act as a trail for them to take. A good way to show where they had been before. Kyle dropped to the floor and cradled his legs together before prodding her with a question.

She didn't want to admit the fact that was terrified of the circumstances that had befallen her. The ranger trainee gave a conflicted look at Noah, starting to pace around. She kept her head down and then winced as she'd sigh to herself. Robin was probably HOME ALONE, wondering where her friend was so that they could have a nice holiday dinner.

"Terrified." she quickly answered with a huff. "I don't want to die here. Not before I can actually make something of myself."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 7:17:53 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah exchanges his machamp for an iron hands. from the red bolt of a pokeball, the robotic hariyama lands with a tinny clank.[break][break]

its disembodied hands thrust outward. yellow, glowing fluid swirls around within smooth panel palms, bestowing light as it leads the way.[break][break]

"honesty. i like that." noah says as he follows his iron hands. "what do you wanna be... do then? how'll you know when you achieve your goal?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 2:22:30 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It's taking a while, but Noah's been working his way through the wall of snow barricading them inside of this little ice prison. Gwen stuck closer to the Cacnea wearing her coat, watching Noah with an envious glance.

Oh, how she envied people who could do and not freeze in place like this.

He asked her the age old question anybody above the age of twenty asked to people younger than them. And it terrified her that she didn't have a concrete answer.

Gwen never really was one to made a life plan ahead of time, even more so since she had moved away from home all for Robin. But she sighed and chewed on her bottom lip in thought.

"I wanna be a Pokemon professor like . Somebody who knows everything there is about the natural world. But even if I don't ever become that, I'd want to protect another Ranger. She's the reason why I even came to Hoenn in the first place, . She's..."

Gwen paused, contemplating her next choice of words. Her chest tensed up for a moment while imagining that little look Robin gave her when something was bugging her. The faint flinch of her hands that wanted to stay warm.

She was such an idiot, making her friend worry about her like this.

"She's the world to me. We've been together since I was in school and a homebody. When I saw her after what happened with a Rocket, I promised I'd never let anything like that happen to her again."

"That I'd find whoever did that and make them pay."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 4:06:37 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"wow." [break][break]

a blush rises to noah's cheeks already pinched by the cold. gwen's ardent confession flutters like butterfree within this unfeeling cavern—and the chambers of his heart.[break][break]

he wonders how is at work.[break][break]

"you really care about her." noah says. "i can relate. i came to hoenn for the same kinda reason. didn't want to lose the world to rocket."[break][break]

his iron hands cracks a stalactite obstructing a tunnel. it's dark here. foreboding. cacnea needles continue to clatter lightly on cold, ancient stone.[break][break]

he turns to gwen, arms folded thick.[break][break]

"if you wanna make them pay, then you gotta get through this cave first, right? make that backbone of yours stronger."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
tether [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 22:02:04 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"A lot." Gwen said while the Iron Hands in front of them continued to work its magic on the cave entrance in front of them as a frown graced itself on her face. She hadn't really talked to anybody about it as of yet. But seeing as how it was them, and they maybe weren't coming back...

She checked up on the Cacnea currently inside of her coat before continuing her explanation.

"We've been together for a while. Sometimes I just...get flustered around her. Like my mind wants to say so much, but the only thing that comes out is just nonsense. I can think of what I want to tell her in a conversation, but I don't know why I do that though..."

The area they ventured into was dark, blocking any sort of vision that they may have going deeper inside of the cave. Gwen quickly dug into her outstretched jacket pocket and pulled out a pokeball. After a short toss, her Magneton came into being as a low hum echoed through the cave.

"Give us some light." she ordered to the steel type. A brief flicker of light came from the Magneton, some few sparks of elecirticity allowing them some limited vision.

Gwen, meanwhile, began to feel the effects of the cold in here. She was already shivering but had moved onto stumbling as she walked, or grumbling underneath her breath. Warm, bitter tears welled up in the corner of her eyes. But she continued on, refusing to take her jacket back.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
tether [m]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 5:26:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the magneton ushers in more light. the combined luminescence of his pokemon and her's allows them to discern the cave's complexities more clearly. each ridge, each slope, and each bevel is defined by spark and step.[break][break]

"ever like, write your feelings down?" noah says after some thought. "or—"[break][break]

he leans in toward one tunnel and feels chilled air. the shell of his ear pinkens.[break][break]

"—you could even like..." to direct everyone, noah points down the narrow cave corridor. he hopes his iron hands can fit. "pretend i'm her and you can like, practice what you wanna say with me?"

[break][break]