Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 11:57:57 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Lars didn’t know she had returned yet. And this gave her the perfect opportunity. She would surprise him. An early present, surely it would please him. After all, he had looked so drearily sad when she had told him she would stay behind in Alto Mare.

Clad in her old? Ranger’s uniform, she would move through the Verdanturf HQ with speed and precision making sure that no other ranger had the chance to inform him of her coming.

She made her way to his office quickly. How did she know this was his office? Well, that question was better left unanswered.

With a firm grip on the door-handle she swung the door open as she loudly proclaimed “Wake up Sleepy head, guess who's back!”

OOC: WAKE UP!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 14:55:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Meanwhile, in the smaller offices located at Verdanturf:

There were legs up on the smaller table; a suspicious lack of paperwork (probably because there was next to none out here as opposed to Lilycove)…

And there was Lars, nursing the small metallic box of caramel squares while chewing away at the content—for what else was he to do? He didn’t have a schedule to work today with the courier service he worked for, so he was here munching away at another caramel square when he heard the door suddenly burst open.

“Wha—” he blinked as he looked up, and realized that…

Okay, wait, was there any kind of Interdream Mist around here?! What was—

“Hold up. Hold the hell up,” he began as he took his feet off the table.

“How sure am I that you’re the real Elinor?!”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 19:55:45 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Lars’s reply caught Elinor by surprise. Still, she took the challenge he now posed her head on. And for a moment she tried to compose some manner of elaborate explanation that would be enough to convince the salt-bae to believe her.

But then an idea struck her. She had a Pokémon in her collection that was sure to convince him. And so she pulled a Pokéball from her belt and said feigning hurt. “You wound me Cuz. Maybe this will convince you.”

And with it a Pokemon was released. The Minccino released in mid air. Going in a downward jump toward Lars with a Peppermint-fresh smile on its lips.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 15:45:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Either he was seeing things, or that fucking flash of—

Che palle get that away from—” he managed to yelp out, sending the tin of caramel squares flying as he threw up his hands to shield himself from the incoming Minccino!

…nobody else knew that he was terrified of this particular Pokémon, asides from her.

So yeah, that would answer the question that she was indeed, back.

“What brought you back?” he managed to squeak out once he’d managed to shoo the Minccino away and retrieve the fallen tin.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 18:40:51 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
You would think that Lars was being attacked by a Yeti the way he reacted. It managed to get quite the chuckle out of Elinor. Still, Lars managed to defend himself quite readily. Perhaps years of experience in cuddly assaults had honed his defense?

Minccino used his raised hands as a set-of for a change in directions, letting herself land elegantly on the desk instead.

“Morrigan, come back here.” Elinor stated and with that the Minccino was off the desk and onto her shoulder in the blink of an eye. Just in time for Elinor to answer Lars’s question.

“Boredom, home-sickness, realized you wouldn’t survive without me. Take your pick.” She cheekily replied.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 14:21:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“And I thought you were going to devote yourself to be a patron of the arts over in Alto Mare, as the rest of our clan has done for so long,” he sassed back with equal cheek.

He couldn’t hide the wicked grin on his face the moment she said something about being homesick, though.

“What? Can’t stand being around stuffy older people?” he snarked as well, before that last comment maybe hit a little too close to home.

“Well, asides from me, who else knows you’re back?”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 14:41:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
A shiver ran down her spine as the memory of hours spent amidst the arts of Alto Mare’s finest museums emerged. The paintings and art pieces hadn’t been bad, but the people. Oh Arceus saved her, the people had been the worst. Boring, old, and stuffy were but three nice mild ways of describing them.

Few of them had tried to hide the intentions behind their interest, and the few who had tried, had done so shoddily. Had it not been for the rest of the family, she wouldn’t have lasted as long as she did over there.

“Stuffy old people, and pretentious artists. Elinor spoke in agreement, knowing well that it was snark, but figuring there was no harm in confirming it.

“Well, besides you, only knows.” She couldn’t remember if Lars knew the dragon enthusiast personally. Still, the name was readily given.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 15:06:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of ‘pretentious artists’, he couldn’t help himself as he let out a guffaw.

Man, that brought him back to—that one time.

“You know,” he wheezed once he’d managed to stop laughing, “…I once met a younger artist who made a trip to Alto Mare, but then… it was just one summer. Shame.”

(Not to mention they looked kind of hot, but still… that was the very first time he started doubting he was straight. Hi .)

The moment she mentioned ’s name, though—if he had canine ears, they’d have perked up.

“I definitely know her. Her shiny Hydreigon and Ro are rivals. Funny how these things work,” he mused. “Where’d you meet her, anyway? How has she been these days?”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 15:22:15 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Lars was quick to divulge one of his many tales of old. A small snicker escaped her, for in that moment Lars truly seemed to embody the old-man stereotype.

The conversation quickly turned to Andrea. “Met her at the Slateport Harbor when I arrived.” Elinor mentioned casually. “She seems to be doing pretty good.” Elinor acknowledged.

The Minccino had laid itself upon her shoulder by now, gently letting its tail wrap around her like a scarf.

“Did you know she has a Sygna suit that can fly? I didn’t even know they could do that.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 23:46:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was well-aware of the fact that indeed had a Hydreigon-themed suit, however fact of the matter was that—

“Wait. Hold up one fucking second. What?” he blinked once he’d peeled open another caramel square and popped it into his mouth, before offering the rest of the contents of the tin for her to get some if she wanted.

“You said she can fly in the thing now?” he blinked a few moments after that sudden proclamation.

The last time that they’d met, she’d mentioned that due to the rules of gravity, it was impossible for her to actually fly, so was cousin dearest joking or something?

Or did something else happen?

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 17:51:44 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
“Yeah I had the same reaction.” Elinor nodded in eager agreement.

Elinor did not take Lars up on the offer of candy. However, her Pokemon had no such reservations as the Minccino dove straight for the offered content.

“Didn’t quite get the details on how she achieved this, she must've figured out how to upgrade the sygna suits somehow.” Elinor shrugged, feeling just a faint bit of envy toward and her flying sygna suit.

“Anyhow, enough about fancy sygna suits! Let’s get to the important part..” She proclaimed with her usual enthusiasm “I hear you're some big-shot around here, hopefully you don’t mind sharing the spotlight!” A bombastic way to proclaim her intention to join him at the Verdanturf HQ as a ranger.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 17:54:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was in the middle of chewing the caramel square when she asked if he was a big shot of some kind out here.

He actually did a spit-take before moving his feet off the table and letting out a bark of laughter.

“What, me?” he began.

“I think you got the wrong idea, cousin dearest,” he chuckled as he had to snatch the caramel tin away from the Minccino in case they got too greedy and ran off with more caramel squares that they can chew!

“I’m not Head Ranger anymore, so I’m just. Well, I’m just sharing desk space with the other Rangers that report to this outpost now!” he explained.

So basically… they were colleagues now.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 9:43:08 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
“They didn’t even make you Captain of this place? -” Her voice steeped in surprise as the gross wasting of potential became apparent to her. Par for the course, when it came to League business really.

“- That is a bit disappointing.” She admitted “But that means you’ve got the time to show me around and give me the rundown of the place, no?”

Meanwhile the Minccino didn’t take the attempt to keep it safe from its own greed well. And so eagerly began to attempt to climb Lars to get to the Caramel treasure.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 17:04:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Nope,” he chuckled as he peeled open another caramel square before chewing on it thoughtfully.

“Because the demotion came from the big ol’ boss upstairs herself, you forgot?”

The last part dripped entirely with sarcasm, if she was sharp enough to pick up on it. He then saw the little flash of white moving around, before he sighed… really?

“What is up with her, why does she want caramel?” he asked her, tilting his head in the direction of the Minccino that was now trying to make little grabby hands at the tin he was holding out of the Pokémon’s reach.

“Too much sugar is bad for Pokémon!”

And of course he didn’t miss the crack about showing her around the place, either.

“I know you came from Rustboro, that place is way bigger than the outpost here… this is…” he continued as he gestured around with his free arm, “…this is basically it. Verdanturf is so sleepy, it’s quiet most days I just spend half the day around when I’m legally required to be here.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,592 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Homecoming pt.2
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 16:20:40 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
“Sure, but that doesn’t mean they had to demote you THAT far down.” Admittedly, Elinor didn’t quite know how vindictive Miss Goode could be. Anyhow, what was done was done, no use in thinking too much about it. Sarcasm or not.

As Lars began to complain about the greedy Pokemon. Elinor moved to grab the little furry friend. “Oh she’s not usually like this. She must really like the Caramel.” The comment was followed by a tight hug to the furred-thief as it tried to wiggle its way out of her arms until at last it gave up with a discontent look on its face.

“Sounds almost idyllic. You better not have jinxed it now.” She spoke in jest. “I know you claim that this place is sleepy, but is there anything I ought to know or be aware of?” Surely there was discontented people or angry packs of Pokemon they had to deal with from time to time.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]