kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 4:37:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
was she not in her office?

kyle knocks on the door, waits, and when he gets no response, slowly opens the door. he figured she must have been gone for the holidays or something. he did hear from that aqua meeting that she was in a relationship.

walking up, he drops off what seemed to be fitting gifts for the new year. the league party did give him an idea, somewhat forgetting that she was a dragon girl in the midst of the formality she exudes during the few times he sees her.

his gift comes in a slightly unappealing package, which is just a bunch of paper inside a folder. within was a bunch of indescribable amalgamation of letters that barely form coherent words, and beneath them were translations.

"i love you."

"are you hungry?"

"you're so cute!"

"want to play?"

kyle was unsure if a plain document looked bad for a gift, so he formatted it to be like one of those children's books with cartoon images of dragon-types he ripped off the internet.

he leaves it on her desk, alongside a flash drive that included their pronunciations.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 14:49:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she has a secret admirer. an admirer who did a last-minute crafts project on a word document with some terribly clipped art. she sits at her desk, rifling through the papers, following a cerebral, loose narrative of a shapeshifting dragon-type speaking draconic. 

her brows have furrowed and the beginnings of a headache are coming on by the time she realizes the flash drive on her desk is also part of the...whatever this is. it takes her a second to place the voice, given he starts in the snappish, snarling language from the page. 

intrigue sparks - not at the fact that he's apparently lost his mind, but that he can speak the language. her dragonology book goes over the written word and their letters, matching the scribbles on the pages she'd received, but his oration is practiced. rough around the edges, but it's more draconic she's heard in a very long time.

so she tucks the papers back into the folder and pushes back her chair, grabs a cup of coffee on her way down to his office, knocks twice, opens the door, and says, when she sees him - 

"wux renthisj vs'shtak?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 17:37:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he already was down procrastinating his end of the year work, when he finds himself jumping at the sudden knocks on the door. he didn't expect visitors, but it all made sense when he sees the councilwoman's face.

it was more so surprising that she was already familiar with the words, meaning that his gift probably wasn't needed.

"i, er, i can understand a bit, b-but i don't speak it, uh, well."

at some point, he double guesses himself if he got her words right.

it made him seem like a fraud when someone who actively uses it talks to him, like a tourist speaking to locals with their broken language. he stops what he was doing, suddenly conscious and nervous about everything he did.

"are you perhaps, um, a native speaker... or something? did i get it wrong? i-i just thought it would be cute to give a f-fan of dragons some funny words to tell their pets!"

kyle stammers, unprepared to make excuses since he thought freya was out for a vacation.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 19:30:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

oh. her disappointment doesn't cross her face, but that combined with her lingering confusion keeps her silent. she observes him as he stammers and shifts her weight from one foot to the other, suddenly feeling rather silly for coming in as confidently as she did. 

"the morningstars taught it to me. they kept what old traditions still remain. they're not draconids themselves, but they were keepers to...a family of them." dreams and memories and the sudden knowledge of who and what she is still wrestles in her heart.

she arcs a brow. "how do you know it?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 7:09:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"mateo, i guess," he answers. "previous hoenn elite four? a gym leader of blackthorn from johto?"

he was a nobody before he was inducted to the elite four, so it wasn't surprising that his history was known to others unlike the other members of the elite four or the council.

"their gym is ran by a dragon clan and i worked there as a gym trainer for a bit before." he's not sure if he should mention that he ran away when the first signs of rocket invasion on johto became known. "i picked up a bit of what they spoke during my stay, and i guess i just lost my touch since i haven't used it in years."

he slides his chair out and pulls out a book from a drawer. he places it on top of his table to show the leather-bound cover to freya. he has it in his office instead of his home since he procrastinated the gift to freya.

"i got this as a souvenir when i left!" he points out. "it's their dictionary, sorta. i doubt they'll notice it's gone since it's the equivalent of a children's learning material for them."

and even if they did, they probably would allow it.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 21:50:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the name rings a bell, though she can't recall if she'd ever had the pleasure of meeting the man. even three years ago, when she'd first been on the council and would have run into him, seems like a lifetime ago (because it is, and you know this, and a watercolor dream stands in your way). 

she brightens, though, and moves further into his office when he holds out the dictionary. she palms the cover and smiles down at the familiar title.

"we had one like this." a pause. "have, i think, if managed to save it from the estate." he'd mentioned a while ago that he'd preserved her books following the sootopolis takeover. 

she tries to hand it back to him, not realizing it's a gift. 

"i've only ever really had my dragons to talk to with it. if...you want to relearn, we could converse together?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 17:36:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm miles away from you when it comes to verbally speaking it though," he confesses, followed by a nervous chuckle. "i only really know of it when i'm the one listening. i'm also pretty bad at writing them, and-"

he realizes that he's just making excuses and stops.

"i'm down as long as we can chalk it up to workplace training," he jests.

work was completely ignored at this point, giving his full attention to freya. the book remains untouched as the language of draconids continues to be touched upon on.

"do you not know anyone else speaking the language?"

the question was out of curiosity. she did mention the previous galarian ambassador as well, suggesting that he wasn't one of the practitioners of the language.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 18:58:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"everyone has to start somewhere," she says with a wave of her hand. she'd struggled with it for so long herself. it's not like she'd grown up with the language. hell, she hadn't beheld a dragon - a real dragon - until she was just shy of sixteen. 

it's a marvelous thing. the dragons themselves don't speak it. the language is a living transcription, alive so long as a dragon has a heartbeat. hums and clicks and shivers and scrapes, translated in real time with the nuance surrounding connection. 

the brushing of spirits. 

she looks away. "no. not - not like i do. not anymore. but i'm teaching and it's been nice. i didn't realize how much i missed it, sharing that with someone else. y'know, aside from the dragons."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 4:29:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
harcourt. the surname makes him smile out of reminiscence.

it puts his interest from the topic elsewhere. freya's own connections start to pique his curiosity, especially since he knows that the number of families that know of the language was abysmally small.

"how about the ones residing at meteor falls?" he asks. "you know, those that open up their dragon's den every new year?"

maybe freya's parents were just a family friend of theirs or something, much like his relationship with blackthorn's own clan of dragons.

"have you tried talking to them with draconic when you visited?"

it's just an assumption that everyone visits. hoenn is small, and anything interesting that happens in the region is bound to get attention.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 2:50:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"yeah," she says with a wan smile. "honestly, i - well, i don't visit as much as i used to. they were friends of my parents." and as she says this, her words linger, hesitant. had they known all that time? had they known about the truth? had they known her birth mother?

"i have a nasty habit of pushing people away," she says, embarrassed, "but it was hard after sootopolis fell. after they died."

she messes with the salamencite braided in her hair and shakes the thoughts away. they're all accustomed to loss. "there's a tea shop in pacifidlog with some connections too. the old owner passed some time ago, but the late owner is his grandson. he knows a bit. we could go sometime.

"if you like tea."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 17:45:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he had a feeling that she was one of his people: nerds who stuff themselves in the room to partake in their hobby for periods of time. he supposed he was wrong if she keeps connections around.

"for practice?" he asks, trying to clarify the reason for the invitation. "i-i'm down!"

he hadn't been too engrossed on the subject, having only learned of it passively with his work environment back then.

it's only when the world was near to its collapse that kyle finds these kinds of things interesting. nostalgia is a hell of a drug, and fond memories of blackthorn induce him to act enthusiastic.

"are you close friends with him?" she did mention not visiting as she used to, so probably not. "if it's at pacifidlog, then it has to be nice and quiet. i'm definitely down to scout new hangout places."

kyle purposely steers away from the sensitive topic and focuses on the more casual subject of their conversation.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:50:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"somewhat," she says. his grandfather had been the one to send her out to her excursion in search of the eon duo. yet another failed endeavor, of which has had her stray from the nostalgic place. 

"but it really is lovely and it's been too long since i've been back." the last time, it's where had found her. it's where she saw him since his death, somehow living and breathing. 

"let's do it. i'll have my assistant put something on your calendar?"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 3:02:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's a smile on his expression, hiding the celebration of his rambling with the conclusion of their arrangements. he wasn't sure of what to say, and sweet nothings were able to fill the air at least.

"that'll be great!"

it was likely that he'll make excuses on how the trip down the quaint oceanic town was related to work anyways had he not been excuse. with talks about national security, it was easy to make reports sating locals' paranoia.

he returns the book back to his drawer as he kicks back from his seat and stretches.

"that means i have to finish this proposal then." with less time to work with it with upcoming events and then this scheduled trip, he's running late on his schedule. "i hope you'll like it, councilwoman morningstar."

he regrets calling her her title alongside her surname. it was a mouthful and wasn't as catchy as he'd hope for.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,674 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 17:55:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's still unfamiliar ground, not that she'd ever admit it. how does one admit they're not used to having friends and making plans without sounding like a stick in the mud? she's thankful, at the very least, that he seems just as awkward as she is. 

her nose scrunches. while she appreciates hearing her title, restored after all these years, now that she's finally earned it, it feels wrong following the context of this discussion. 

so she waves a hand and with a quirking smile says, "freya's fine," and as she takes her leave, she adds, "top champion lopez."
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
children's books [c]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 2:07:25 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: