TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FIGHT! Caleb vs Marianne [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 20:32:29 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb was tired. Exhausted, really. He needed a good, long nap after dealing with so many young, enthusiastic battle-obsessed kids. Where did they get the energy? It was both impressive and irritating.[break][break]
His grumpy mood evaporated the moment he saw his next opponent, however. She was an adorable, glasses-wearing, cozy-sweater-with-a-cup-of-tea type of beauty. Which, to be frank, was entirely unexpected.[break][break]
"Er, Marianne?" He asked, checking the matchup schedule. When he looked up, he flashed her his best attempt at a charming smile. Even if there'd been some sort of mix-up, he wasn't about to waste an opportunity to impress a cute girl.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
- 3/3 HP[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 23:32:59 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianne stifled a slight yawn behind her hand, the day's battles beginning to wear on her. She'd just finished spending way too long sneaking coins from PAY DAY with , also, though she didn't feel like admitting that.[break][break]

Her Klefki chimed encouragingly, waking her trainer with a soft jingling sound, just in time to see their next competitor.[break][break]

"Mm, that's me," she said, stretching in the hopes it might make her more alert. "You must be my next match?"[break][break]

His bright smile took her aback a bit. Was he in customer service? He was awfully friendly compared to other people she'd met today.[break][break]

She did her best to match his energy with a smile of her own as her Klefki took to the field.[break][break]

"Feel free to go first!"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Vital City Tournament: Caleb vs Marianne!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 2:57:52 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Marianne smiled back just as brightly and Caleb felt suddenly energized. Maybe when this was all said and done, he'd ask her out for a drink.[break][break]
A rather innocent-looking Klefki floated into view, and Caleb eyed it curiously, once more trying to remind himself not to go into this battle with any preconceived biases. After all, was a cute girl who could absolutely kick his ass in any Pokemon battle. Marianne might have some tricks up her oversized sweater sleeves.[break][break]
"Allright, sure," Caleb laughed, releasing Lyra. The Lapras appeared in a flash of brilliant blue light. Caleb waved a hand at the Klefki, indicating that she could attack. She trilled in response, then summoned a HYDRO PUMP, hoping to engulf the smaller Pokemon in a torrent of powerful water.[break][break]
DUiptYPv

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
- 3/3 HP[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:08:33 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"You have a beautiful Lapras," Marianne commented, watching the majestic Water-type enter the battle. "Does she have a name?" It then occurred to her she hadn't asked for his, and sheepishly, she added, "Er, and it'd be good to know your name, too. I think I missed it when I got the notification."[break][break]

Whew, smiling this wide was tiring. It really stretched her face out. This would be so exhausting to do all the time. She resolved silently to tip waitresses better.[break][break]

Anyway. Right. The battle![break][break]

The HYDRO PUMP surged towards her Klefki in a spray of water, and Angel spun indignantly, sending a FAIRY WIND blowing back in retaliation![break][break]

U3I11GGH
[break]
3/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:26:14 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Klefki was agile! Lyra keened in frustration, dark eyes narrowing.[break][break]
Caleb regarded the two Pokemon thoughtfully, then reached for the Tera Orb at his hip. As its power was activated, Lyra began to glow a deep fiery red, carnelian crystal forming all across her body. Steel types were weak to fire, which meant transforming the Lapras into a fire type ought to give the aquatic Pokemon an edge.[break][break]
"Her name is Lyra," Caleb answered with an obvious fondness for his partner Pokemon. Then he blinked, realizing that he had not, in fact, introduced himself. Idiot, he chastised. "Oh, uh, sorry about that - I'm Caleb. Caleb Harcourt."[break][break]
2VI|2kny + 15 = 63

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
- Gimmick activated! Terastallization: +15 to even rolls[break]
- Lapras becomes a FIRE TYPE and uses FIRE TERA BLAST[break]
- 2/3 HP[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:38:17 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Nice to meet you, Caleb."[break][break]

Caleb. Caleb. Caleb. She repeated the name to herself silently over and over, willing herself to remember it. Names were not her strong suit, not one bit, and odds were by tomorrow morning she'd think his name was Conner or something.[break][break]

But other things she remembered quite well.[break][break]

"Oh, Lyra like the constellation?" she ventured, raising an eyebrow. "That's a pretty name for a Lapras. As if you were being guided by stars on the sea?"[break][break]

Her Klefki, emboldened by its early success, followed up with FOUL PLAY - undeterred by the TERA CHANGE![break][break]

Nubo_hFa
[break]
2/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:13:16 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Like the what?[break][break]
"No, uh," he began, feeling stupid. How was he going to impress a woman if he had no idea what she was talking about? He wasn't very experienced with astrology. "Actually, it's because of the instrument. When I first met her, the sounds she made reminded me of music."[break][break]
A slight blush colored his cheeks. Marianne would probably find that silly, but at least it was truthful. He'd been ten years old when he'd met Lyra, just a kid venturing beyond the confines of the small town he'd called home. The lake where he'd found her had been something of a comfort: especially when the mist rolled in and blanketed the area.[break][break]
"What about your Klefki? Does she have a name?"[break][break]
Not every trainer named their Pokemon, but Marianne struck him as the sort that would.[break][break]
The dark energy of the Klefki's attack bounced off Lyra's shell as she summoned another FIRE TERA BLAST, swirls of purple-orange flame surrounding her and shooting out towards her adversary.[break][break]
HKY7|O0c

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
- Lapras becomes a FIRE TYPE and uses FIRE TERA BLAST[break]
- 2/3 HP[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:39:00 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Oh!" That'd make sense. Classic Marianne, overthinking everything again. "They do have musical voices, don't they?"[break][break]

Then he kindly changed the topic, and she released a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. Conversations with strangers could be stressful! You never knew if you were stepping on someone's toes on accident or annoying them.[break][break]

"This is Angel. My mother got tired of me losing my keys so she came home with a Klefki. I joke she's my guardian angel, because I would lose everything without her," she explained with a laugh.[break][break]

The battle had started heating up, and her Klefki heated up with it, burning with a blinding FLASH CANNON![break][break]

Xb3SNU|Z
[break]
2/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 4:50:26 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Much to Caleb's relief, Marianne didn't seem put off by his explanation. In fact, she validated his comparison with a genuine thoughtfulness, then moved on to chatting fondly about her Klefki.[break][break]
"Cute," he chuckled in response to her story. "Klefki do sound like useful Pokemon. I could probably benefit from befriending one eventually." Constantly losing things was perhaps a trait she ought to be embarrassed about, but she simply talked about it as if it were just a neutral fact of life. Her life, to be exact.[break][break]
Lyra hissed in pain, receiving a taste of her own medicine. In retaliation, she summoned a boiling hot HYDRO PUMP, super-charged by the fire energy churning within her.[break][break]
G|eS8oeJ

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
- Lapras uses HYDRO PUMP[break]
- 1/3 HP[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 5:05:38 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"They're pretty handy! I recommend."[break][break]

It was a little funny. The more she got confident in battling, the more confident she felt herself become in conversations too. This one wasn't half-bad, actually.[break][break]

Caleb. She had to remember that. C'mon, memory banks.[break][break]

As the HYDRO PUMP loomed, her Klefki hit back by PLAYING ROUGH![break][break]

0MPFQMyq
[break]
1/3 HP

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights