She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:19:07 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[player]https://vgmsite.com/soundtracks/pokemon-scarlet-violet-ost-switch-gamerip-2022/sxxrqbcobi/01.%20Area%20Zero.mp3[/player]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It's truly beautiful how nature can flourish in even the harshest environments. Not one week prior three Legendary Pokemon had made this field of ice their battlegrounds, hashing it out amidst dozens if not hundreds of League and Rocket trainers. Roaring flames and sweeping storms of ice, spatial rifts breaking the world apart as a mischievous djinn flung about portals without regard for the sanctity of newtonian physics, the God of Space itself ripping apart a fused amalgamation of creatures and flinging them away into the void.
[break][break]
And despite all that, nature finds a way to survive. Starlys chirp and preen their wings in steadfast oak trees, a waterfall rushes on as the ice above melts, the wind rustles the grass beneath her feet as she walks through the hills and valleys of this chasm. The newly dubbed Area Zero was a paradise nestled deep underneath the Silent Icelands, revealed by the clash between gods and opening a new path to the future.
[break][break]
Xenon smiles warmly as she watches a mechanical Delibird wander across the field and leaving frozen footsteps in its wake. The future was here and now... which meant it was time to start talking about it in earnest.
[break][break]
"So then Mr. Quinn. Been a while since we last spoke on the topic of my research, I felt like it was about time to give you a status update." She claps her hands once and motions out to the great landscape they overlooked, filled with Paradox Pokemon of all kinds and glowing Tera crystals of all colors. "You think it's fair to say that Paradox Pokemon are a viable avenue for research for Rocket now?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#a0a4a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 14:16:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Wounds are rarely a welcome sight. Yet the great scar left in the earth by a clash of titans reveals not blood, but beauty.[break][break]

Unlike , Cillian isn't smiling, but he can't deny the serenity of this place. Still, it makes him uneasy, as if this were the SWEET SCENT that might lure them into a waiting trap. He's seen too much of Hoenn's history to trust any of it.[break][break]

His feelings toward Xenon are far easier to categorize. He doesn't like her, hasn't since they'd met. But he holds himself to the standards of civility, and had entertained this outing as a result. He didn't like everyone in Rocket, but he managed them all.[break][break]

"At no point did I claim they were not," he points out, watching the 'Iron Bundle' with vague interest. "I told you that we wouldn't fund your research as readily as that of our Head Scientists, and I stand by that." His voice lacks the ice of their last encounter. "But if you've pulled together enough of a baseline, then you're free to send it up the chain for approval."[break][break]

Let or deal with her insolence.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 THE GREAT CHASM OF HOENN

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:42:47 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Zdzpsbwq23DtYBNk/Area%20Zero%20Pok%C3%A9mon%20Scarlet%20%26%20Violet%20Extended%20Soundtrack%20OST.mp3[/player]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Ah, it would seem he was nursing something of a grudge from their first interaction still. The girl mentally reorganizes her talking points in anticipation of increased hostility before responding, crossing her arms behind her back and smiling at the Underboss. "You know, I think we got off to a bad start Mr. Quinn. I hold a bit of respect for you as a scientist, even if archaeology isn't a favored subject of mine. You're clearly an intelligent man, I think anyone would have to be to survive in Rocket for as long as you have." It's not like it was classified knowledge just how long Cillian had been in Rocket for at this point, surviving the transfer from old to new was a feat in and of itself.
[break][break]
The Iron Bundle pushes its pot out in front of it, a stream of frosty air gushing from its opening and freezing over a patch of ground. The mechanical bird flops down onto its belly and begins to slide away, to where one could not say. "I actually have been doing some joint research with Ms. Sato into the RKS System and her Avatar abilities. Power of the Unown is truly some incredible stuff, the ability to alter reality en masse has a lot of potential... but I digress. You said before that I wouldn't get the funding I wanted unless I was a Head Scientist, I can't say I like that but I can adapt."
[break][break]
She steels her eyes as she fully turns to Cillian now. "So I'll be straightforward with you. I think I'm the foremost expert on Paradox Pokemon in Rocket right now, probably the entire world. I want a Head Scientist position related to the research of Paradox Pokemon and production of Paradox Pokemon. Maybe the last time we talked I was some fresh grunt who you could blow off based on status, but at this point in time I've amassed the largest Paradox Pokemon collection within Rocket, as well as heading several research projects on the bleeding edge front of the subject. You can ask Beast Quinn as to the validity of my claims, but I fully believe that if you give me the proper resources to invest into this study then I could be mass producing Paradox Pokemon for Rocket within the year."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 21:55:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Do you? Cillian doesn't voice the derisive thought, instead turning his gaze to her as she speaks, to show he was paying attention. Whether or not she was simply stroking his ego for her own gain or if she'd truly had some growth during the span of time between their last encounter, he accepts the words with a dip of his head.[break][break]

Truly, it was her treatment of him as an underboss that had offended him, more than his scientific prowess... but progress was progress.[break][break]

He laughs when she abruptly requests a position as Head Scientist, though it's more surprise than mockery. Bold as ever, it seems, but at least far more polite this time around. He'll respect that, if not her.[break][break]

Lugia's shadow casts them briefly in shade as she circles overhead.[break][break]

"While I can appreciate the boldness, I alone can't grant you the position." There was a process, and of course had the final say. But... "I can bring it up, however, when next I meet with my colleagues. If your work with Sato has born fruit, perhaps she'll vouch for you as well."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 4:56:59 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Zdzpsbwq23DtYBNk/Area%20Zero%20Pok%C3%A9mon%20Scarlet%20%26%20Violet%20Extended%20Soundtrack%20OST.mp3[/player]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Even as her lips curl upwards with his laughter, Xenon's eyes remained steeled and serious as she stares at Cillian waiting for a response. And what he has to say is... about expected. Protocols, routines, meetings, the mundane bureaucracy that plagues society truly can't be escaped even within a criminal terrorist organization. But to protest would do her no favors, so all she can do is shrug and break her gaze as she looks up to the sky.
[break][break]
"That's as much as I can ask for I suppose. I am serious though, mass production of Ultramodern Paradoxes is achievable. I've gone into the universe within the Violet Book, I've seen what the future can hold... my name is written on it." Her smile turns wry, she knows she can achieve production of Paradox Pokemon, because she had already done so in the future. It was a simple bootstrap paradox, she had seen herself do it already, so it was all but guaranteed.
[break][break]
"...I'm not one to ask about the past normally, but I have to inquire. Just where did you get that specimen from?" She looks upon the Shadow Lugia circling them from on high with a hint of curiosity, it was probably what Underboss Quinn was most known for throughout Rocket, if not the entire region.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 17:11:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Having not seen the things of which Xenon speaks, Cillian can only rely on her word, for now. It's not something that holds much weight with the underboss, but neither does he dismiss her as a nuisance as he'd once have done.[break][break]

Instead, he nods, resolving to ask more about the simulations within the VIOLET BOOK. His sister had delved into the RKS with the zeal of a true scientist, quickly surpassing his own knowledge of the space. Most of what he understood on the deeper level came from the reports of others with more experience than him, with certain things shored up by his reluctant forays into the virtual worlds.[break][break]

"If you can make it happen, then do it."[break][break]

It's not mockery or even challenge; he wants her to succeed. Her success equals Rocket's success.[break][break]

Cillian follows her gaze.[break][break]

"What - Lugia?" Sunlight threads through purple plumage, filtered through the MIASMA that wreathes her. "Walsh entrusted her to my care after our scientists rescued her from the ruins beneath the Silver Spire." A rare fondness breaks his stoic mask. "She chose to stay after her faculties were restored, and granted me with her blessing."[break][break]

The MIASMA swirls around him, too, marking him for what he was.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 3:17:07 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Xenon hums curiously as she stares at the Shadow Lugia circling about in the sky, the thick purple miasma emanating from it reminiscent of storm clouds blotting the sky. "And you just... found her like that? Corrupted by the shadows, aligned to the dark?" She considers that information carefully, turning it over in her mind to look it over from every angle she could see. "I just find it curious that we only ever discovered Lugia like that. I'm no archaeologist like yourself, but I don't think I'm familiar with any legends of Pokemon so... corrupted like that. It makes one wonder why Lugia of all Pokemon." She lets a beat pass for Cillian to interject this own thoughts and answers the question he's no doubt ruminated on himself, before shrugging and moving on.
[break][break]
"I doubt it matters though. Not like we can find natural Shadow Pokemon in the wild after all, we've pretty much done everything worth talking about on that subject. No point in looking back on things that are fully explored."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Contract Renogiatiation
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 23:28:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Rocket found her like this," he confirms. "I wasn't there."[break][break]

He's glad that he wasn't. He can't fathom Lugia's first memories of him being entwined with her capture, the terror and fury she must have felt. She'd have killed him rather than blessed him as soon as she was free then, he's sure.[break][break]

"She's not aligned with the dark." His lip twitches. "The dark is aligned with her."[break][break]

She had not stayed with Rocket because she believed in their cause. She'd stayed because he had. She'd gone beneath the Silver Spire to hide, not to seek violence.[break][break]

"As to why she's been the only one... bad luck, I think. Or good luck, depending on how you look at it. Most Pokemon don't survive the process. It could be that she's not the first to be infected, but the first to live through it."[break][break]

And perhaps she wouldn't have, if not for Rocket's intervention.[break][break]

Cillian shakes his head as Xenon dismisses further researching Shadows. He's not surprised, but he is disappoiunted.[break][break]

"A lack of progress doesn't mean there's nothing left to find. It means we're looking at things from the wrong angle."[break][break]

Not that I'd expect you to know anything about that. Xenon saw the world through one angle: her own.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]