awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 17:21:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it hadn't taken her long at all, which, in retrospect, is somewhat concerning. after all, ana's basically only six months old.

they're different than what she's used to. not the sleek silver she's used to; the chromatic material is cool to the touch. they're not as heavy and she's had to compensate for it. the prototypes of the embellished ones, she hasn't touched yet, but they lay sprawled out beside her, flecked with graffiti, fletched in ridiculously bright colors. 

normally she'd be in the draciary to practice, but she has enough volunteers now that, when she's there, at least one of them wants something from her. 

and she wants to be left alone. 

so she's in the compound's training facility. shapes move outside the reinforced glass walls as league workers migrate to their next meeting or make their way out to lunch. she doesn't spare a glance to the foot traffic, or the occasional pause when someone stops to watch her. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 4:59:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"you go ahead, i'll catch up."[break][break]

he has not forgotten their conversation in his office, how he'd told that he'd die for councilwoman , and that she'd do the same for him.[break][break]

after offering the sergeant a brief smile, he departs from her side to slip into the training facility. not being seen yet, he watches for a few moments, raising an eyebrow at the sight of a soaring arrow.[break][break]

thunk![break][break]

"did you make them yourself?"[break][break]

he calls out finally, gesturing.[break][break]

"your arrows."

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#D49736!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 5:05:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she curses under her breath. the arrow strikes more than a few inches under where she'd aimed. she taps her fingers against the grip and then startles when alex peels away from the wall.

"you told me i'd need to go elsewhere," she says, after a moment, and then turns to reach for another arrow. this one has been dipped in yellow paint, its fletching a matching stark yellow with green striations. she falls back into form, shifts from target to training dummy. 

when it hits its chest, electricity spurts out from it in a wide arc, a near-perfect replica of his patented paralysis arrows. 

"so i went elsewhere."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 5:21:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"to whom?"[break][break]

his first thought is but he quickly thinks otherwise. he peels away from the wall, approaching to get a better look at them.[break][break]

"they're decent."[break][break]

but flimsy, lacking the same level of quality and detail as his. the science is there, though, which leads him to believe an engineer of some kind created them.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #D49736 } .alex b { background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 5:28:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

whatever mirth she'd managed to build in her isolation is lost with each step he takes towards her. there is an ache in her heart, yes, but around it are layers of hurt - both stale and raw. he salts the wounds with a judgmental eye and she picks up another one.

"they're better than decent," she says. "they're made out of paradox remains."

she scrunches her nose. "the metal ones, that is."

and, to protect 's reputation, she reaches for another. she steadies her breath. draws, muscles straining. her breath whistles past her teeth and the arrowhead sinks with a heavy chnk into the target, right at its center.

"does it matter who?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 8:23:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

chnk![break][break]

's aim holds true.[break][break]

"that's practical."[break][break]

with 's reputation protected and safe, he reaches his hand over, palm facing up, to ask for one of the better-than-decent arrows, curious to get a better feel for it and its make.[break][break]

"may i?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 17:04:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"we make due," she says and when he reaches for one, she hesitates, then nods. 

what he'll find is a marvel of ingenuity. what ana doesn't have in resources, she makes up for with her brilliance. each arrow is meticulously crafted, seamless, and faintly warm, as though latent energy still exists within it. 

her bow dips. with a flick of her wrist, it folds back in on itself. steel meets the scabbard at her hip. the arrows are ana's, but the sword-bow is still his. one day, maybe, she'll need to replace it, but she cares for it almost as particularly as she cares for her dragons. 

"you looked happy," she says, "at the holiday party."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 11:28:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

with the arrow in his hands, he quickly realizes it's far from decent. it's ingenious, and he is quick to correct himself.[break][break]

"i was wrong. these are of wonderful make. did well."[break][break]

he takes a stab in the dark, making claims based on the information available. though he has not met them in person, he is aware of their existence and now their importance in 's life.[break][break]

"you looked happy as well," he smiles, offering her the arrow, "did you enjoy 's company?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 5:17:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"she's brilliant," she says with a shrug of her shoulders; as nonchalant as she tries to be, though, there is a pride in her shoulders. there is a smile hidden between the lines. 

her hand goes to the pommel, fingers suddenly needing something to do when he mentions . her thoughts immediately turn to the cheek kiss, that bare moment of intimacy - a reminder of a past the professor doesn't and will never remember. 

"yes," she says and her other hand betrays her, fingers slipping on the offered arrow. it plinks to the ground and, embarrassed, she bends to pick it up. 

"our schedules never sync." by design. "it was nice to catch up."

a pause and then, more guardedly, "alex, why? why the pleasantries now?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 10:37:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i'm sure you could find time if you wanted to."[break][break]

which could only mean that she doesn't want to, and that their conflicting schedules must be by design, though he wonders whose design it is. knowing , likely hers.[break][break]

and then she puts her guard up, leaving him with the option to turn and leave or to try and break through.[break][break]

"would you prefer the alternative?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 4:26:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she ignores the observation, which makes her lack of a reply all the more insightful. it's nothing, she says softly, to herself. it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that she is so lonely and eva is a dangerous comfort. a home she doesn't belong to. 

her brows furrow.

"no, of course not. i - you were my friend. i trusted you, alex, and i made the only choice i could, and you turned your back on me and you walked away."

and in their time apart, she has found a makeshift family. friends to lean on. it's why she can admit, in three little words, something she couldn't have before, because to do so would have been admitting weakness, wounding pride -

"and that hurt."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 8:25:05 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"..."[break][break]

's admittance is met with silence at first, and in the space between then, he reflects.[break][break]

"i'm sorry for hurting you."[break][break]

he had expected differently and had cast those expectations onto her, and when she inevitably could not live up to it, that hurt him. he simply made the mistake of turning that hurt into resentment.[break][break]

"i was hurt, too. i understand why you did what you did. i just...wasn't expecting it."[break][break]

he breathes out a sigh.[break][break]

"i'm sorry for walking away."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 1:34:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there are no callouses over the hurt. the wounds are still raw and his apology peels back the scabs. she bleeds in front of him, face betraying her anguish and her anger. she was never forthcoming about what happened, but her hurt was her hurt. 

and her decision was her first step towards healing. 

"you don't understand," she says, voice small but furious. and bitterly, "apologies don't change the fact that we're still on opposing sides."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
pieces of me
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 9:00:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"not for every battle, we aren't."[break][break]

just the one that matters more than the rest of them; the one she'd fought so hard for only to be hurt by his resentment.[break][break]

he dances around veiled truths with political ease.[break][break]

"how do i earn your forgiveness?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
pieces of me
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 19:54:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they're allowed opposing ideals, but this seems so much bigger than them. this is about her hurt. this is about how he - 

hurts because he cares about her. 

her gaze softens. he asks her a question she asked . not in the same way, but it's enough to make her lips part, words halt. for her you can't to dry up before it can whistle out of her throat. 

"forgiveness isn't owed anyway," she says. "it's earned."

"it's gifted, if you ask me. what we earn is the chance to make things right. what happens next is all up to them."

her life is better with him in it, and isn't that the most important thing?

she skirts around the table and she moves to embrace him - tightly, almost painfully - and here is the measure in all the ways she's changed: "you already have my forgiveness."