6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 16:56:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the temples of the draconid have long been open to the public, especially during every new year. it slows down for the rest of the year, up until it's never heard of again for the most part.

just outside the outskirts of their gates is the champion. he sits near a river by the falls, reciting an ancient script in the most monotone voice.

"▯▯▯▯▯ ▯▯ ▯▯▯."

the baxcalibur in front of him tilts its head as it faces it's trainer's attempt to talk in draconic.

he scratches his head and reads the writing on the book on his hands once more. he rereads the same line twice or thrice, and then opens up his mouth to repeat the same words he have said earlier with little change.

his voice echoes throughout the cave system, too unbothered for any wild pokemon, nor hostile personalities, that may be curious enough to follow the source of the ancient dialect.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 16:58:30 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
Roy often wandered through the magnificent temples of the draconid, but their brilliance was dulled by the bittersweet memories of his grandmother. In spite of his flashbacks, an unexplained duty compelled him to revisit regularly. The newfound popularity during the new year also brought on its own set of concerns.

He approached the figure stationed near the river that was reciting tongue that didn't necessarily belong to him. The monotone voice echoed across the many cave systems that decorated the interior of Meteor Falls. An unusual expression covers the draconid's face as he stops to absorb the sound.

"Do you even know what you just said?" he scoffed, his words cutting through the cave's echoes.

The realization struck when Roy recognized the person before him as the champion. Their paths had crossed during the Vital City Tournament, and the unexpected attempt at draconic caught him off guard. Though not entirely fluent in the ancient language himself, Roy felt compelled to question the champion.

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 2:53:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the voice alerts him. his baxcalibur turns, but with no aggressive intent detected, the pokemon remains at ease.

he raises his head up and notices someone taking notice of his practice. there's an awkward chuckle that showcases the very nature of the encounter in his own eyes.

"i-it's supposed to mean something like 'freeze' or something like that, hehe..."

he closes the book, leaving a finger within the pages, to bookmark his progress, before turning to roy.

"hey! balmung's trainer, right?" the pokemon's name left more of an impression to kyle than the trainer's own. "are you familiar with this language?"

that's the first reasoning that came to mind with the way he commented on his broken draconid. to a normal person, they would have asked him instead why he was speaking with nasal tones.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 17:45:39 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"Yeah, that's me." He confirmed his identity without ever speaking his own name.

The slight familiarity between the two encouraged Roy to close the distance between them. He finds a place close to both the champion and the river before continuing the conversation between the two.

"I think you were close." He clarifies his outburst from before. "The word you're looking for is vilzriquath."

Roy was far from an expert, but the primitive terms were easy, at least in his mind. His tone was not perfect, but it was enough to convey the information to the Baxcalibur that accompanied the celebrity to the shrine.

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 18:16:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
vilzriquath.

he turns back to the book to read the word where he left off. he certainly knew the word, and he could somewhat read it in the script it was written and could identify it if it was spoken out, but his words did not sound the same way as roy had said it.

"vilziquath... vilziriquath... fuck."

his pronunciation was off. if he were to speak it in his natural tone and voice, it definitely would sound alien to the rest of how the language was supposed to be spoken.

"eh, i'll get it right later." a part of kyle wants to embrace being a defeatist. instead, he turns his attention to an easier topic. "anyways, are you part of the draconids too, or are you also a hobbyist?"

it implies that kyle was one, as opposed to the likes of .

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 16:32:21 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"You could say it's a little bit of both," he jokes, attempting to pad his previous words in a bit of humor.

"Draconic isn't easy. I'm not even sure it's worth learning."

From his seat near the river, the draconid pulls his knees closer. With a single elbow on one of his knees, he modifies his arm into a support beam as his palm maintains the weight of his jawline. The river near the shrine always had this kind of effect on him. It was far too easy to get lost in it.

"What about you?" He snaps to, finding a way to continue the conversation. "What brings you out here?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 2:21:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i gave a colleague of mine a gift with draconic language on it. she likes dragons so i thought i was being clever."

it was a cute children's book with its language on it. definitely not what you would expect from something that contains a rare, almost dead, language.

"turns out she already knows about draconic. it's a bummer, but oh well. i'm just learning on my free time since she said she doesn't have anyone to talk with using it."

he would say it's sad, but he doesn't want to sound rude.

"i already know how to read and listen well to it though. the speaking part was difficult, so i thought i'd get practice with people who actually speak it."

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 16:51:44 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"That's kind of you," he mused, his gaze drifting over the tranquil river. "I didn't expect that kind of thing out of the Top Champion."

To Roy, a position like that seemed to favor alliances over friendships. Celebrities often lacked such kindness, making the Top Champion's gesture all the more noteworthy. Kyle's short tale painted him as honorable to the draconid.

Rubbing his palms together, he used a single thumb to trace imaginary flaws along the inside of his hand. It was his way of organizing thoughts.

"I can help you practice," he pressed, attempting to mirror Kyle's admirable spirit. "Any specific word or phrase you're aiming to master?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 16:45:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kind? hearing the word makes him smile.

"you'd be kind to someone who handles your workload too," he teases back.

not that he'd feel comfortable explaining his work life with someone he just met on one occasion before, nor did he think he'd be interested. he wasn't the type to overshare anyways.

still, he'd share something about himself if roy was willing to help him out.

"how about 'take care'?" he smiles, then looks at his baxcalibur. "i think i might need it soon."

given the state of a dragon's aggression, he figures it might be a multi-purpose phrase he should be learning.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 17:21:19 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy paused, his eyes scanning the flowing water as if he was seeking inspiration from its ancient currents. Despite his proficiency in draconic, his tongue still stumbled over unfamiliar words, weaving through the language's intricate tones and whispers until he found the right ones.

"qe tokeq."

The syllables hung in the air as the meaning of the phrase finally made its mark on the draconid. It was a farewell, tinged with a sense of finality that echoed through the peacefulness of the riverbank. Helping the Top Champion learn these words felt bittersweet in some strange way.

"I have to get back to work," Roy announced, rising from his spot by the river. "It was nice seeing you again."

With a nod of respect, Roy headed back to his duties at the shrine.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
draconic [m]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 1:50:28 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: