awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GC EXCURSION A: freya & caleb
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 3:05:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they start at the top, on the maimed battlefield itself. the chasm is a wound in hoenn's side, its rot exposed. disgust is thinly veiled on her face. a charizard stands at her side, ready to embark into the chasm below. 

league agents are gearing up to explore the cavern. she's at the forefront. she and caleb. rather than his weekly sparring session, she'd proposed he accompany her here.

so she waits, weathering the cold. her silver sygna suit is inert, but it glows warmly from the light cast off calcifer's tail. the jagged tera crystals make maneuverability a necessity, hence the absence of the salamence that has become a common audience to caleb's sessions.

calcifer spits embers into the gulch, watching them wither in the wind. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 14:25:55 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb frowned down at the chasm, memories of the violent chaos that had birthed it fresh in his mind. His body still ached from the events of the battle, 's destructive power a dark stain on his thoughts, unable to be ignored or shaken off in lieu of his Ranger duties.[break][break]
"Freya, there's something you need to know."[break][break]
He'd meant to bring this up with her, but she'd been busy since Kyurem's attack, her council duties taking precedence over most of her other interests. He hadn't wanted to needlessly burden her with yet another point of concern, but to her credit, she had not relented on their weekly training sessions - if it was a strain for her to keep those going amidst everything else being asked of her, she did not show it.[break][break]
Now was as good a time as any to bring up his brother.[break][break]
Beside Caleb, Zero stirred. The Ranger did not have much in the way of flying, but the Zoroark could teleport in small bursts. They'd make it down a little slower than Freya and her Charizard, but not by much.
E1KiNPqo

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – GREAT CHASM EXCURSION A: EXPLORE[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 2:43:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she's only teleported a few times and those times were to get used to the sensation if she ever needed to. it hadn't quite been her cup of tea. she doesn't understand why some prefer it, but then again, many people would balk at the way she rides dragons.

when caleb joins her, she looks sideways at him, lips a thin line. it's not that she never intended to follow up with him. his words hadn't been wasted on her in the battlefield, but there are only so many things she can juggle at one time without wearing herself so thin she collapses.

she teeters closer to that with each passing day.

"cal can carry the both of us," she says as the charizard drops down to all fours, back bared. "if you want to save your zoroark's strength."

a slight frown. "and talk."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 2:54:29 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Boots squelched as he reappeared next to the Councilwoman, Zero growling low in the back of his throat. Caleb frowned, checking his feet. He was standing in a puddle of viscous liquid he instantly did not want to know anything more about. Best case scenario, it was some sort of excrement, worst case, it was both disgusting and dangerous. He quickly shuffled away, nose wrinkling.[break][break]
"Yeah, I'll take the ride," he sighed. Best not to risk teleporting into another questionable substance.[break][break]
As he hopped up onto Calcifer's back - a quick vinxa whispered low to the Charizard - Caleb returned Zero to his Pokeball, then focused his attention back onto Freya. Gathering himself, he tried to form the right words in the right order, grappling with the sudden overwhelm of confronting a lifetime of complicated history.[break][break]
"My brother's name is Zev. He's a Rocket, and he was at the battle with Kyurem." He'd called out to her in the chaos, and she'd reminded him to keep a level head. It had been good advice at the time, but now he felt apprehensive, like she hadn't fully internalized the threat.[break][break]
"He's always been a monster, but now he's...Freya, it's...so much worse than I could have ever imagined."[break][break]
9pXMVrJf

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – GREAT CHASM EXCURSION A: EXPLORE[break]
ROLL A 1 - Step in Paradox Pokemon droppings or Paradox Pokemon "juice" (the mysterious liquid in 'Future' Paradox Pokemon)

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 18:45:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"probably a good idea," she says with a grimace. if cal has any qualms about getting whatever that gunk is on his back, he tries his best not to show it as caleb mounts him. though at his mistress' tongue, he turns his neck and eyes the ranger. he rumbles a response in return and as soon as freya climbs between his shoulders, he pitches forward. 

"i remember," she says. 

calcifer ducks around protruding crystals. she splits her attention between caleb and helping him navigate from any wayward sounds that echo around them. she's yet to train with caleb on dragonback and now doesn't exactly seem like the time.

in truth, she's let caleb's worries fall to the wayside. too many other things demand her attention. worrying over 's new powers. working with on amnesty, on home. laying the foundation to bring into the league fold. 

breaking 's heart again and again and again.

she grimaces.

"okay." what's one more burden? "tell me everything."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 14:15:35 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As they descended further into the chasm, the air grew thick with humidity, and Caleb began to sweat uncomfortably. Unaccustomed to dragon flight, he held on tight and tried not to focus on the rising temperature. Need to remind her for lessons, he thought, but his attention was soon captivated by the landscape coming into view.[break][break]
There was an entire world down here, it seemed. Perhaps it was a testament to how desensitized Caleb had become: the lack of shock, the automatic acceptance. Of course there were waterfalls, and a jungle, and glittering cavern entrances miles below the surface of the Silent Icelands. It wasn't any more or less strange than those goddamned nightmare rifts where the dead could literally come back to haunt you and strange hallucinations were birthed from thick purple mist.[break][break]
Hoenn was on the brink of collapse, and Caleb had no fucking clue what to do about it. Zev, on the other hand, was a more familiar nightmare.[break][break]
"Zev is my older brother, we grew up in Kanto together. He was always...different. Bullied when we were younger, for being antisocial and creepy, but I was blind to it as a child. I defended him at school. I looked up to him, adored him. I never saw the signs back then, the red flags."[break][break]
The words tumbled out of him. Everything, she'd said. How many people actually knew this story? . . Now she would be the third.[break][break]
"He always went too far, Freya. Too violent for martial arts. Military service couldn't satiate him - too rigid, I guess. Too many rules and regulations, superior officers he didn't like answering to. He joined Rocket, and it was a natural fit. He thrived as a contract killer. I - " He faltered, then, choking on his own guilt.[break][break]
"I made mistakes. I can't blame him for everything. But it was...difficult to separate myself from him, back then. He was a devoted older brother. He took care of me after I dropped out of college, when I was an alcoholic, drugged-out, piece of shit cop. We were partners for a time, we did missions together. Killed together." A subtle shudder ran through him. "Whenever I began to get ideas about maybe...doing something different with my life, he'd always talk me out of it. He was hard to argue with. Convinced me he had my best interests at heart."[break][break]
He paused, hands shaking, jacket stifling, history suffocating.[break][break]
"Have you ever been made small by love, Freya?"[break][break]
YzmNjHex

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 17:52:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
when she said everything, she had no idea he'd start at the beginning. at childhood. she has a sinking feeling in her gut. the opposite of an over-sharer herself, she can only imagine something of severe magnitude could make him talk in earnest like this. 

in her jacket, she begins to sweat. beads of it run down her temples. while they fly, she shrugs her jacket down her shoulders, careful not to jostle caleb too much, or unclasp his hands from around her waist. 

his experiences are hauntingly similar to her own past, but emma was different. she'd hated what she became. she'd trusted freya to save her. 

she will not make the same mistake with king.

calcifer's wings flare, catching a thermal draft, and caleb's words are soft against the backdrop of the cavern. golden eyes close. cal lands heavily on an outcropping of crystal and though he moves to have them dismount, she stays rigid. small.

"i don't feel things for people," she says. "or, i guess that's not quite right. it takes a lot for me to feel things for people. i can count on one hand those i've ever truly cared about." her hand falls from his face, knuckles resting against his pillow. she shifts. a thin braid tumbles down her shoulder.

"it's never felt wrong before. it just is." she blows out a soft sigh. "it's important, i think, that you know this. that you know i never recoil because of you."

she has loved with a fierceness she thought herself incapable. she has loved with her whole self. she has loved until it burned, and she has continued to love still. 

and still she is reminded that she does not have enough to give. 

"itov ui loerchik," she says quietly and slips down to the ground. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 18:15:23 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Even if he hadn't put the hours in - his comprehension of Draconic finally enough to make a difference now - he'd have understood her words. The way she folded in on herself, her reaction a visceral remembering: it was like looking in a mirror and seeing his own heartbreak.[break][break]
But love is also joy.[break][break]
He'd said that once, to someone. Far-away, in a dream of Galar. A woman he had never met again, but who he had some inkling must be important to , even here, even now. He'd never bothered to pry, for it didn't really matter. But he did remember her, her cruel red eyes, her insistence that she did not - could not - love.[break][break]
"Oli itov ui vsist lilbhiahin," he murmured back, sounding it out carefully, boots finding purchase on solid ground. "So we let it hurt us, over and over and over."[break][break]
He wasn't sure what he had expected, but it wasn't...waterfalls. Lush canopies. A jungle-like environment, miles and miles below the surface of the earth. He felt as if he'd stepped onto a movie set, some made-up fantasy imagined by a particularly skilled creative director. But this was Hoenn, and Hoenn was full of contradictions, often just as beautiful as they were dangerous.[break][break]
"I escaped Kanto," he continued. "That's a story for another time." If he could bring himself to tell it. "I thought I was finally free of Zev, until he showed up here, at the battle for Littleroot." He wondered if she'd been there, or if she'd been sent to the meteor.[break][break]
Caleb sighed. "Zev believed the League had brainwashed me - kidnapped me and brought me to Hoenn, convinced me to become a Ranger. Crazy, unhinged shit, Freya. It took stabbing him in self-defense, later - in the Ultra Deep Sea - for him to realize I was actually making my own choices."[break][break]
cQ3ur8ki

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 23:02:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her lips quirk, despite herself. few others have taken to the language like she had. but were there others? she thinks before the thoughts wisps away, hearing dulcet tones of familiar voices she swears have never spoken to her in that tongue before. 

she was as much a teacher as she was a student in her alternate life, she realizes. by growing alongside the likes of fernando and alex and eva, they learned from her, and now she's left feeling robbed of another connection. 

yet warmed all the same when she says, "you're picking it up quickly."

calcifer tucks in his wings and drops to all fours so he can lap generously from the pool of water at the base of the falls. fish pokemon dart away from him in erratic spurts. birds fly lowly, lazily overhead, as though they had lived here for eons. 

"you said something, during the battle," she says, wracking her brain. adrenaline has a way of mucking up memories. "before the blast. after the blast?" she sucks in a breath. "was that him?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 14:44:47 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Her praise warmed his cheeks, and he grinned, despite the heavy topic of conversation. He couldn't quite articulate why it mattered to him. A connection to something greater? No, it went deeper than that.[break][break]
It felt good to learn and grow - to be challenged - rather than rely on familiar strengths.[break][break]
"I was always good with languages," he admitted. The failed tests had nothing to do with that, of course. Sitting still, memorization, focusing...the rigidity of academics had never suited him.[break][break]
The underbrush rustled, and Caleb tensed. A cave mouth gaped before them, one of the many entrances to the underground labyrinth the League had lovingly coined "Area Zero." There are monsters in the deep, he remembered, picturing the sleek, mechanical paradoxes that had emerged during the battle with the Kyurem.[break][break]
You said something, during the battle.[break][break]
His eyes flicked back to Freya. "Yes." His expression sobered. "That was him."[break][break]
This was the crux of the matter, the important intel she needed. He'd rambled long enough about Harcourt history.[break][break]
"Zev's changed," he tried to explain. "He has strange powers now - he can cover himself in black crystal armor, which makes his entire body bullet proof." He could still hear the sound of the gun firing, pointless round after pointless round. "And that big laser beam? I think it was him. I think he did that."[break][break]
YdIc33Fp

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 3:50:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there are so many nightmares that haunt her. shadows on the edges of her bleary vision at 3 am stints in the office. it's not instantly that she pieces it together, not in the wake of her recent past, mixed with the grisly sanguine portrait of a decade unmade and an other-self shell. 

but the body knows. the body reminds her of the horror when she'd found thalia, shard of teeth embedded in her tongue and the roof of her mouth, belly split like a gutted fish. the white foam stained crimson.

and then to , tear-streaked face and shaking like a leaf in her lap while blood poured down her dragon's front. 

his hands were like blades.

his entire body was just crystal.

not like shining crystals you see in caves, but dark ones.

so it's not a monster after all. , another puppet for the gods.

there's the shink of her sword being drawn. she stands over the pool and calcifer turns his head, looking up at her. she stares at the reflection of herself in the blade, eyes raking critically over the bruises under her eyes, the scars on her skin. 

"then we work off the assumption rocket has another avatar." her wrist turns, caleb's face replacing her own. she watches him this way.

"and we deal with him accordingly."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 4:20:25 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

This was uncharted territory. Caleb did not know many of the God-blessed. He still found it hard to believe had joined their ranks: not because the younger man was undeserving of the power, but because he was still so...well, himself. Besides some aesthetic alterations, he hadn't changed at all. If anything, the qualities that had always made him Isaac felt amplified now: liberated from the invisible chains Rocket had wrapped around his fate.[break][break]
But Zev...? Some legendary deity had chosen him?[break][break]
"What the fuck kind of Pokemon can do that?" He blurted out, eyes wild with a sudden untethered anxiety. "Turn a man into a crystal void? Shoot a giant death beam out of his chest?"[break][break]
As if in answer, a roar sounded, echoing from beyond the mouth of the cave. Caleb turned, startled. He grabbed a Pokeball without thinking, releasing Lyra onto the grass. The Lapras lowered her head, keen eyes glittering in the sun.[break][break]
A creature Caleb did not recognize stepped forth from the darkness, wicked claws bone-white and razor-tipped. A purple mane surrounded a lean bipedal body, its form familiar in a warped way.[break][break]
U5CmQRgG

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 4:33:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
white sclera shows around robin's blue eyes, erratic as the panicked question he asks her. she turns the blade and this time the tera crystals glitter down at her. with a sigh, she shoves it back into its dagger and crouches by the water. sharp nails trail over the water. the silver of her sygna suit gleams.

"katherine could pull the distortion world into our reality," she says.

"kyle can resurrect people from the dead."

"tapu fini could - " 

she snaps her hand back as though it scalds her. revulsion knifes through her and with a blink, she does not see the tera crystal pool before her, but a steamy bath. a hand outstretched. 

"legendaries give people the power to do terrible, terrible things. he wouldn't be the first."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 13:00:23 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Denial was a tricky thing, the way it wormed its way into the heart and whispered "what ifs" like they were sweet nothings.[break][break]
But he knew. He knew. Kyurem had created this new hellscape, hadn't it? Dialga and Palkia had nearly destroyed Littleroot and Mt. Pyre. Caleb had led people to their deaths against the Black Knight and the Skeleton, or so he had dreamed.[break][break]
He was asking the wrong question. Hands shaking, he fell to his knees beside her, the impact causing the small pool of water to ripple. Sharp gravel bit into his jeans, making tiny divots in the denim.[break][break]
All Gods were dangerous, but their powers alone weren't the greatest threat. It was the people they chose to wield them. Caleb had seen firsthand, in Kanto, what terrible atrocities humanity could commit - Gods or no Gods.[break][break]
"If there's a legendary out there willing to bond with my brother," he murmured, watching side-long as too-wide jaws snapped against Lyra's shell, sparks flying. "Then it is an enemy to us all."[break][break]
AnM8i5R5

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 1:57:56 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: