Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 16:45:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

If not for the Sygna Suit he wore on his body, Thomas would be complaining about the conditions of the Giant Chasm. How was an area contained within the snowy hellscape of the Silent Icelands so hot and humid, anyway?

Thomas wasn't alone today. Accompanying the Kalosian was his very first student, . Given how much success the boy had since he studied under him and , Thomas was proud to explore the Giant Chasm with him.

Thomas' blade hacked at the foliage in front of them. Joining him in this endeavor was his partner, Mordred.

0XbEA5vG

tags:
notes: Sygna Suit is inactive

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 18:42:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

EXCURSION: GC A with

For his part, Doug was always happy to spend some time with a mentor— but even a bar would've been preferable to the massive hole in the ground left by the ice dinosaur.

"Does AQUA member stand for freelancer?" He grumbled, posture less than appropriate as he marched behind Thomas, arms swinging like bundles of lead. "Why am I getting deployed in scouting missions?"

Probably not a good idea to complain to about having his time wasted, though.

"I had promised to do a shift at Dewford General... Gonna have to be a night shift." He grunted, dragging his hand down his face.

Goodbye, sleep and rest. He hardly knew ye.

TL;DR:Hi mentor. Let me complain for a bit.
azgSWcyo
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 18:56:25 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas allowed the boy a moment to complain. After all, he had been thrust into this sort of life at such a young age.

"I suppose it's an 'all hands on deck' situation. This is highly dangerous, and unknown territory, after all.", Thomas remarked. "I'd like to think that the Commissioner wouldn't just send you on just any scouting mission. Considering what emerged from the ground during our battle with Kyurem, who knows what else awaits us?"

Thomas frowned upon hearing that Doug was also taking a shift at Dewford General, on top of this. "If you ever need to take a moment to just relax, just claim a shift at my Ranch. I'll gladly cover you.", Thomas offered.

le5eUxex

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 15:35:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

Grrr, logic and reason, the mortal enemies of shameless whining.

"Uuurgh, I know." He groaned, craning back his head before bringing his hand over his lower back. "Hup!"

With a strong shove, his spine made a pleasant pop. A few more stretches later, and the youth was done pushing the bitching spirits out of his body.

"I'll think about it. There a hospital nearby?" He asked wryly, his gaze overlooking the gaping chasm near which their path ran along.

"What'cha think we'll find this time?" He asked Thomas as he stopped near the edge, looking into the crystalline depths. "There's so much goin' on already— feels like if any more players get on the board, it'll snap."

TL;DR:Bitching protocol aborted.
6g2c3eHU
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 2:39:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas visibly cringed upon hearing Doug's back pop. Thomas thought Doug was far too young to be dealing with any of that.

"Yeah, there's a hospital nearby. But Duvet Ranch also counts as a medical facility, especially with all the Audino I've gathered there. And they are all natural healers, and have been provided the same training as any that work at hospitals or Pokemon Centers.", Thomas remarked.

Thomas brought out his Rotom, Jules. Thomas then produced a camera from his bag, one that was equipped with a motor that allowed Rotom to occupy and control the thing. "Jules, please record for us.", Thomas requested.

The Rotom hopped into the camera, which turned orange. The face of the Rotom manifested onto the side screen, where the cameraman would usually be able to see what the lens was seeing. Thanks to the Rotom's Levitation, Jules was able to move freely on his own.

yW|sJ8WI

tags:
notes: 216

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 1:10:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

He gave his mentor a wry look.

"That's pretty impressive— but then I would have nothing to do!" He said with a laugh.

He had no doubts Thomas' had trained all of his Audino to deliver some of the best care in hoenn— but if they were doing the healing and he was doing nothing, then surely he should move elsewhere to actually do something?

He held up v-sign at at the Rotom as it began filming, grinning its way before turning his gaze back to Thomas. "Ya didn't answer answer my question before. Any ideas on what the league— er, what we'll find in this hole?"
utd8H3gw
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 7:25:14 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"If you get bored, you can always join them. But then, it wouldn't be much of a break, would it?", Thomas replied to the boy, grinning playfully.

"Sorry Doug, spaced out on ya.", Thomas addressed his previous lack of an answer. "As for what we'll find down here, who knows? But I can tell you all the crazy shit I've found so far today. Rifts to the Distortion World opening before my eyes, if only for a brief moment. Regirock marching through the area, like a juggernaut on a mission. Evidence of Ting Lu's presence, whether through the fear they exude, or their tracks. And a pair of cries I've never heard until we went into this place.", Thomas finally answered Doug.

Case and point, the mysterious cry that resonated through the area, coming from below. "Either Matias had no answer for me, or AQUA's being real tight-lipped about it, should they know.", Thomas followed up, once the cry stopped.

TzO_AL|l

tags:
notes: 262
2-10: Mysterious Cry

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:33:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

"Think I'll just keep working then." He said with a laugh— though it didn't seem like he was joking.

He couldn't just stop. Not with his powers— there was no substitute to be found in Hoenn. Not unless he trained or something, and not only did he not know if the man even wanted to be a medic, they didn't have a hyperbolic time chamber dream awaiting for them in order to truncate 20 years of medical education into 5 minutes.

No, he could not afford to rest. Not until the war was over, at least.

"Let's just try to end this mess before I'm 30." He finally groaned, shoulders sagging.

More important than his pathological inability to rest, was perhaps the intel Thomas was providing. It about aligned with a few of the reports, though there were some tidbits he had missed on the papers he had read to date.

Cupping his chin thoughtfully, Doug hummed.

"Well, I'm AQUA and I haven't heard anythin' yet. Then again, wouldn't be the first time people in the 'team' kept stuff to themselves." He said, rolling his eyes.

The AQUA Initiative oft felt more like an exclusive club than a 'team' at times.

"Haaah... Think whatever's in this hole will change anything?"

About how the war was going. About the Drk Triad. About anything going on?

"Cause based off history... I don't."

SEE3x6I3
TOTAL: 270
ROLL A NUMBER WITH AN 8. - Run into an Ariados or Galvantula web. Alternatively, find a Spinarak or Joltik climbing on you.

Doug stopped in his tracks suddenly, his gaze snapping suddenly in one direction.

"Oh?" He cooed, lightly tilting his head. "This is a weird place for Galvantula to make their home."

There wasn't even any chargestone nearb—

"Oooh!" He uttered, turning his gaze over to the tera crystals growing along the walls. "Electric tera crystals."

He surmise, before smiling.

"I should come around with my net next time."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 18:36:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Sometimes, we all need the occasional break. We can't have you getting overworked, and breaking down.", Thomas remarked, clearly concerned for his former apprentice.

When Doug remarked on the situation with AQUA, Thomas frowned.

"Right. I'm guilty of that myself.", Thomas lamented.

He remembered how he withheld the fact that he was Yveltal's Avatar from his fellow AQUA Members. Though he let know the truth, after the battle with the Melmetal on Cycling Road, the rest likely didn't find out until that day in The Cloud. To this day, he regretted how he acted in paranoia. How he should've been honest with his teammates, and tried to help keep them on track.

As Doug stopped, Thomas stopped to see what he was investigating. Another Galvantula Web. He had seen plenty of Ariados and Galvantula nests through the day. For the most part, the Joltik inhabiting them were harmless, even friendly. The Spinarak and Ariados, however, tended to be more hostile.

2y97Cftq

Suddenly, Thomas felt a feeling of terror wash over him. His breathing became quick and sharp, he started looking around hurriedly. Visions of being attacked, or otherwise hurt filled his vision.

"No - dammit!", Thomas muttered, trying to power through the influence.

tags:
notes: 310
Fear prompt

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 0:42:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

"Think we all do." Doug admitted, feeling none of the shame others might.

The fact so many did was an indictment of the league as it stood. It did not generate enough confidence for even its highest ranking members to be fully forthcoming amongst themselves.

"Changes need to happen, and soon." Doug said simply, shaking his head with a sigh.

The line of thought, however, did not last— Thomas suddenly began whispering and cursing to himself.

And though it took him a moment, Doug did recognize what it was.

He reached out to grab the man's shoulder— before shrugging to himself and slapping the man's back. SPIRIT!

"Let's get outta'ere." He said simply, gesturing with his neck to a path leading deeper into the chasm and grinning.

The fear pangs were strong, debilitating, and struck people at random... but they didn't last long, if one didn't linger.

8voZ5eLl
TOTAL = 349
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 5:59:07 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I agree. If I ever become an Avatar again, Yveltal or otherwise, I promise I'll be more forthcoming and cooperative with the League. Best guys like us can do is be an example to the rest. Give people a reason to have faith in the League.", Thomas commented.

Thankfully, Doug helped pull Thomas back from the influence. The slap on the back snapped the Kalosian back to reality. Thomas followed the Avatar's lead, making his way deeper into the chasm.

With a few deep breaths, Thomas finally got a grip on himself.

"Thanks, Doug. The Bowl is around here somewhere!", remarked Thomas.

Upon looking around, Thomas noticed the slash-like markings lining the walls of the cavern. "What do you think left those?", Thomas inquired idly.

QfS5kCrS

tags:
notes: 355
Slash marks found

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 1:40:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

"No prob, man... and no clue, either. But—"

Once again, a thunderous roar came barreling up the chasm, thrumming through them briefly.

"—maybe it's the guy making all that racket." He finished dryly, turning his gaze down into the dark depths of the hole below.

"... That's not gonna work, ya know?" He said after a moment, suddenly. "The setting an example thing."

Examples had been aplenty, after all. Good ones, bad ones, mediocre ones, ideal ones.

"Maybe the problem ain't just the folk in the seats." He said, shaking his head and rolling his eyes before reaching for a net ball.

"Should we go further down?"

WrEq3LOv
TOTAL = 371
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 0:37:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"You're right, Doug.", Thomas replied to his first apprentice, a frown upon his features. "Being an example won't be enough. No, what we need is cohesion. All of the infighting, and lack of direction is what ultimately tears us apart. What allows Rocket to get as far as they do. We need to truly come together, for the sake of the Region. For our future.", Thomas concluded.

"Yeah, let's see how far this Raboot hole goes.", Thomas replied to the Jinxed.

mBjCHpWJ

tags:
notes: 451

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 18:04:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

HELLDIVERS

A pop echoed in the chasm as Doug released his Flygon, giving his mentor a grin.

"Let's not waste any time, then." He said, winking at the man before taking one big step into the hole, spinning about on his heel to flash the other a victory sign as he fell. "See you at the bottom!"

His Flygon darted after him shortly after, wings pulled tight against its back, racing to catch the medic as he dived straight into hell.

boEF6|ED
TOTAL = 522

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Helldivers
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 16:10:33 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas nodded to his Ceruledge, before the duo made their plunge. The Rotom camera floated down after them, shocked at what they were doing.

Thomas and Mordred allowed themselves to freefall for a while, diving towards the earth, before stretching out their limbs. Thomas grabbed onto the Ceruledge, who whisked them both away into the Phantom Force.

The duo emerged safely at ground level. Thomas grinned to Mordred, satisfied with having pulled off such a stunt. "We need to do that more often!", Thomas remarked excitedly, adrenaline pumping through his veins.

The Rotom soon arrived, relieved to see the duo unharmed, but angry that they'd pull such a reckless stunt.

37PpN13U

tags:
notes: 587