POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:07:52 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-target-o"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

's report had been astoundingly detailed, receiving a variety of reactions from the man as he read through it. Neon sticky tabs had been placed all throughout the report, and he'd spent a couple of rereads simply snorting to himself or nodding along. His first go through was simply to review it for himself. He saw already a few conversations of interest to have, particularly anything to do with distrust of the League, or even simply its doubts. Perhaps that was something he could help remedy with and later. After all, it was part of the job to investigate leads right? [break][break]

The next review had been to develop a synopsis for , though he would highly recommend she read through the text presented herself. However, anything that would be necessary for her to be in the know about for her next meeting were highlighted and synthesized into a shorter, one page report, printed and set attached to Freya's original copy. [break][break]

The final reread was more tabs and more notes of discussion for Freya. This time he's managed to snipe a good two hours with the woman for the discussion simply titled for her: POST GJ DEBRIEF. A few minutes before the time slot, Paxton would pick up his packet and a small plain black box, before heading over to her office. He strides towards Freya’s offices, greeting a secretary before moving towards the woman's door. Much like their last meeting, he knocked twice, waiting to enter before stepping through. [break][break]

“Morning Councilwoman Morningstar.” he greeted with uncharacteristic cheer. For once, he didn’t look exhausted. Maybe it was because he was able to get a break between work and another field incident.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | march canon connections [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#D49837; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
debriefs
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:21:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she has a blanket under her desk. she resists, not for the first time, the urge to pull it over her head and curl up right there in her office chair. no, instead she stretches her fingers and types up a few more emails, reads through the newest list of amnesty recruits, and reviews the painstakingly slow combat protocol for sootopolis. 

the meeting on her calendar hangs like a shadow over her head for most of it. when the knock finally comes to her door, she leans back, bleary-eyed from staring at her laptop screen for so long. 

"it's almost noon, isn't it?" she says and looks down at her watch. gods. it's only 10? she eyes the colorful stack of papers in his hands and suppresses a groan. 

"you seem well."
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
all i am is a man, i want the world in my hands
awards
1,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
debriefs
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:38:10 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Happy to report I slept 10 hours uninterrupted last night." Paxton said simply as he closed the door behind him, locking it for privacy. He gives a glance at the woman to let her know what he'd done before moving forward to take a seat in one of the chairs before her desk. The smell of flowers in various states of freshness strive to create a somewhat relaxing atmosphere, but he can tell the woman was still a little stressed. [break][break]

He sets down his paper stacks before rising and handing over the black box for her open as she wished. The card was one of those cute miniature ones with snappy, almost cursivefied print handwriting: [break][break]

Formal Congratulations on your second tenure, may it be more successful than the last. Use this sparingly.
[break][break]

The box inside contains, of course, a stainless steel flask with the words COFFEE BREAK engraved into the front under the logo, and her name on the back of the flask. He'd leave that to her to open as she wished, sitting back down in his chair. "I've read your report and, fortunately, that's the only topic for this meeting I had planned." he said, leaving discussion of PROJECT SAPPHIRE pending the feedback she said she'd provide after GYM JAM.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
debriefs
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:34:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"that sounds like a dream," she says dryly, lacking the ability to disguise her envy in the slightest. sleep continues to elude her and when it does, it is dreamless. or worse. the foundation under her eyes and mascara on her lashes helps hide the worst of the purple bruises, but you can only do so much to hide exhaustion. 

he surprises her with a gift. she takes it and then stares down at it, panicking because she's not sure if she should open it here? or? the card is flipped open, text read, and then she wriggles off the lid to the box. 

she snorts when she sees what lay in the box, but a wry smile crawls up her lips. his follow-up sentence makes her drop the flask back into the tissue and lean back in her chair so she can fish for the keys laying on the bookshelf behind her. 

a snick, followed by a clinking of bottles. she presents two glass tumblers alongside a bottle of bourbon. 

"yeah, well, we might need this." she's already pouring his glass. 
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
debriefs
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 23:51:39 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Surprisingly no dream. Just blackout." Paxton replied smugly. The appearance of bourbon is surprising but considering the topics and time for today's meeting understandable. Plus, he had more sense to not get pisss drunk this early in the morning. He's sure Freya did too. Paxton pulled up the chair closer to her desk, letting her pour. [break][break]

He waited until she had her own glass ready before taking a sip. He doesn't tell her most of his experience with liquor is throwing down shots in a bar full of skinheads, while someone breaks mirrors singing ABBA on the karaoke stage. "This is nice grain. Smokey." He has no idea what the fuck he's saying, but one time he'd heard a date of his remark something like that. [break][break]

"Thank you, hopefully this takes the edge off our discussion." he said as he rested his elbow on the edge of her desk. "Firstly, congratulations on chaperoning your first large scale meeting. Councilwoman sends her regards and is impressed you managed to wrangle Councilman out of his busy schedule for it." he said. His tone is almost robotic, like he'd actually memorized Penny's comments for delivery. Because he had. "Though we will discuss more later on, she noted, as did I, there was a fundamental misunderstanding of how our department and the HBIC functions with the rest of the League, and to correct this she's requested the attendance of either herself or myself to the next one or whichever Elite Four on duty hosts." he takes another small sip of his glass. [break][break]

"I've already made plans to investigate this lapse of understanding with and , however perhaps having us present could help correct the misunderstanding before they become far more contentious than necessary." Frustrating or not it was clear that people needed to be guided lest they take actions that only further endangered themselves and the League, no matter how well intentioned they may think they are. “Aside from that, it seemed to have been a rather successful event, we extend our support to everyone involved in planning and management.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
debriefs
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 2:23:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he really has no off switch, does he? she leans back in her chair, hand hovering over the entirety of the glass, fingertips around the top of its curves. the brown liquid rolls around as she turns her wrist. her brow raises at the mention of silph and she wonders idly if this is some thinly veiled remark about penny being left out. 

"ah, yes, the next time we have one of those," she says, already dreading it. what will their leaders have to tell them in a few more months? that they're corroborating with rocket? that arceus has come down to gift them avatarship itself, but it must be kept secret lest someone find out? 

"i'd be more than happy to tell navidson as much if he brings up another summit." she finally takes a sip. and he's right - it is smokey, like the smoldering embers of a strong oak. warmth travels down her sternum and she sighs. 

"the situation between hideo and alexei is, in my opinion, quite different. i don't know much about hideo's past, but we're talking about a child here. alexei, on the other hand, has no excuse." she makes a face. "not that that didn't stop him from coming up with excuses."

another sip. "i've always hated them, you know. meetings like this. we talk in circles until we tire of hearing our own voices. their stratagems were all sent to me, but how successful will they be if they don't accept things as they are? both ivanov and devlin expressed severe discomfort with the idea of dynamax."
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
debriefs
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 8:12:01 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"Thank you." he said with a small nod. He would relay this to later on. He took another sip, his message delivered. He nodded as Freya spoke, understanding her frustration. " is a child that we have allowed into our ranks and to hold a gym leader position. If we trust him to hold his position, we have to trust he can understand lying by omission is also wrong moving forward." Paxton said as he rolled the liquor in his glass idly. Hideo's position was frustrating, but at least they were aware now. “I’m more concerned as to why he felt he couldn’t tell us.” [break][break]

on the other hand… "Alexei is frustrating, but his reasons for deceit were even more so." he said, tensing up a little as he pinched the bridge of his nose. " 's defection from the gym leaders happened so long ago, any intel that man carried is worthless. Not to mention, I think we’ve lost a third of those gym leader that fought in Meteno anyway. Tempest’s information would’ve been worthless. And the spies…why not report directly to ?" Not that it mattered anymore. "HBIC shouldn't need to babysit gym leaders to update and test their own security protocols, but maybe we need to start. Just to assuage this fear." [break][break]

"In any case, if you want to be pissed at someone, look at your Elite Four. Some of them have known who Uxie's chosen had been all this time." he said with a bitter smile that didn't hide his own irritation in the slightest. The alcohol loosening up the usual hold he had on his emotions. Just a touch. “I pulled up a past report once I read about Uxie in yours.” [break][break]

At the mention of dynamax Paxton can't help but snort. "Ridiculous. They’re on record of using mega evolution. Where’s the concern there?" he asked. "This is more and than me, but as I understand it, studying those phenomena and their long term effects on pokemon could take decades. Meanwhile Galar has gotten along fine with Dynamaxing for sport for years." at this he took a gulp of his drink instead. [break][break]

"I won't force them to use the weapons at our disposal, but as it stands, there is no evidence to what they are saying. Not even and that dream half of us remember. There’s no current evidence the Dynamax phenomenon harms pokemon. There's no evidence that it doesn't harm pokemon, we simply do not know yet. And we would be letting our fear of the unknown cloud our decision against an enemy who will use it." The arms race of Hoenn was so dangerous, they couldn’t afford to fall behind.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
debriefs
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 23:34:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"to hold a gym leader position," she bites back. their last conversation within these four walls comes to mind. long gone are the days when a gym leader was meant only to test the mettle and might of a trainer. they're not warlords now, by any means, but more often than not they're trusted to take care of their citizens. they're leant on in times of strife. and hoenn has a lot of that. 

"i'm not wasting resources of that level to make sure alexei doesn't lie. he does so again? his gym leadership will be removed from him, end of story." she takes another, heartier sample, and feels it burn. 

at the news of the elite four knowing, her brows shoot up and she very nearly snarls, "who?"

he speaks to the choir with all else and she at least has the satisfaction in knowing she's not insane for thinking how she does. partway through his spiel, she leans over the desk and tops off his glass. 

"i used to crow about the incompetence in the league, but witnessing it firsthand is - it sucked."
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
debriefs
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 3:37:46 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

He mulled her answer over his topped off glass. Seeing it like that, he stands up reaching over to gently clink their glasses together before sitting back down and letting out another long sigh. "Not specifically. All of them. Every 3 or 6 months we run something to activate their security protocols and see if we can get past it. We already do that for our own systems, might as well sick agents out on gym leaders." At least it might guarantee that security protocols were changing constantly. [break][break]

He watched Freya lean in angrily and set his glass down, lowering his voice. "For now, only . I'm trying to find out who else Hideo entrusted. Somehow I doubt it was only one person. No one in this building can keep their mouths shut." he said with a shrug. It'd probably go nowhere, He wasn't naïve enough to not think Paxton was asking for who else had hidden information from the League. Especially after Freya's reaction to Alexei. [break][break]

"These meetings show where the disconnect between different levels of command are. The only merit to these large meetings." He'd been to enough Ranger Rising's to testify. "Information needs to be disseminated to a large number of people quickly, and sometimes town hall's are the most effective way. However," he took another sip before eyeing the councilwoman. [break][break]

"I don't think it was wise to 'warn' them of the impending attack on Sootopolis. Much less when AQUA's own plan isn't finalized." It was close, but there wasn't any merit in telling them until it actually happened. "Much less when this isn't an issue the Gym Leaders can weigh in on. And this meeting seemed to be a meeting meant to encourage just that for them." He knew some were softer on Rocket. "But then again," he sighed, frustration evident. "That's not how I'm used to operating."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
debriefs
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 17:43:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"good, yes," she says with a wave of her hand. "whatever you need." security checks are no doubt already in place, but additional measures to ensure none of their employees are undercover rocket operatives will hopefully be enough to dissuade anymore closely kept secrets. 

"melody?" she repeats, surprised. after their discussion in her elite four chambers, she would have hoped she could have at least trusted her with that information. it could have slipped her mind, she thinks, but something of this magnitude is too important to simply forget.

her glass is, yet again, surprisingly empty when she goes to take another sip. she sets it down on the table and massages her temple, grimacing when he brings up the discussion surrounding sootopolis. 

"i had no idea we were opening a discussion of attack to the leaders. they're not military operatives; you and i know that. things are getting muddied. i'm not a godsdamned pencil pusher who can draw lines in the sand, but i feel like they need a damn flow chart at this point to understand their own duties."
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
debriefs
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 5:06:09 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"I'll add it to new security testing." he said, making a quick mental note to send over the decision and a drafted plan to their security department. "The very same. Our beloved pop idol, ." he said, lifting his glass in mock toast before downing the rest of the brown liquor in his glass. He sets it down next to Freya's before carefully lifting the bottle once more and filling hers and his respectively. [break][break]

"Without a finalized plan there was no need to inform the gym leaders this far out from execution." he leaned back in his chair giving Freya a moment. “I understand was working on it recently, but discussing it outside of AQUA this far out from execution could become a leak just like METENO. Please pass on our department’s reminder of the risks he puts our personnel under.” Being that this happened under her watch, it justifiably fell to Freya to deal with. Least they wanted Penelope to have to explain the importance of keeping quiet. [break][break]

He let out a sharp laugh. "But Councilwoman Morningstar, pencil pushing is part of your job now." he said lightly as he patted the heavily annotated report in his lap. He clinks his glass against hers but doesn't sip, letting her take a moment before he moves onto the next subject. [break][break]

"Speaking of understanding duties, I need to bring up one of your own direct subordinates. As you know, my work as 's deputy director makes me a direct reflection of her. 's position in the HBIC makes him a representative of Penelope as well." he began as he gave Freya the wind up before the pitch. "Your own subordinate , is a direct reflection of yourself. In a matter of minutes, she showcased her immaturity. I'm not impressed with her first formal appearance as Dewford's gym leader, much less a councilwoman's assistant." [break][break]

He frowns as he turns pages of her report, sticky notes assisting him as he skimmed over the report. "While her status as gym leader being revealed late is not her fault, her outbursts towards her new colleagues and superiors was detrimental to the spirit of your meeting. It’s especially embarrassing to read about when our youngest, , was leagues above when it came down to his own professionalism and maneuvering his Uxie announcement.” He raised an eyebrow at Freya. The rest is left unsaid. He expected better from someone Freya had placed as their assistant. He couldn’t convince her to speak to the girl, but he also wanted to bring it up before Tsubaki put her foot in her mount in front of his own Councilwoman, or even . An arrogance he wouldn’t hesitate to correct, were it to happen again. He may not always agree with the actions of those above him, but he had enough sense to not make it everyone else’s problem. Clearly, Freya hadn’t passed that on to her protégé.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights