lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 22:41:59 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

he's lucky. [break][break]

if he didn't catch himself, she might have kept the ball rolling and let him think he overextended his stay throughout the night. if he's so concerned, he can take a look at his abdomen and check if there are any stitches; check if there are any missing organs. he won't find them. [break][break]

her gaze falls to the ice, contemplative. she was going to refrain on talking about it, or ask questions, unless he brought it up. overstepping lines never got you anywhere good; rather, it'd do you more pain than anyone might have thought it would. the dulled, phantom throbbing in her leg is a vivid reminder of that. [break][break]

"good, it sounds like you'll recover smoothly." another quip at his recovery, although now there's a slightly relieved smile on her lips and slightest chime in her tone. when he finally takes the pill, she moves back to the cubbies to search amongst different dosages. [break][break]

"nothing out of the ordinary." the lie is spoken with the same amount of truth. when she finds the dose, she scoops a small bag to be brought to her desk and begin counting. "save for an odd reddish-purple glint. i saw it occasionally when i chipped away at the pieces." it was a glint she was familiar with, and a glint that will push her curiosity. indeed, she is a slave to science. [break][break]

"it reminded me of galar." she idly comments against her better judgement.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 9:42:31 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As Marisol predicted, Howard checked his body. Hands ran across flesh as he braced himself for jagged scars and sewn skin. Instead, there is nothing but a lingering chill. Beyond that, there is nothing. Looking at the doctor, he tested his hand. Fingers danced with remarkable dexterity.

As they dance, a wince of pain. The admin stopped immediately. Best to let them rest and heal.

When Marisol spoke again, the tone in the room did not change, yet it felt like a line had been overstepped. An error was made, yet the doctor's office was the same as it had always been. A few chips of ice glimmered on the floor.

"How interesting. I did not know that the color red was associated with Galar." His tone is conversational, yet somewhat condescending. He knew what she referred to, though. Many in Hoenn experienced Dynamax, but few had immediate access to Dynergy.

The only person who willingly walked alongside the toxic substance was , a girl who was too darkly stained by its clutches to ever fully recover.

"Why would ice chips be red?" His tone was inquisitive, as if the smuggler didn't know the answer. It was like he was taunting her. "Explain your thought process."

A teacher quizzing their student.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 10:46:38 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

did she strike a nerve? shame. [break][break]

though she can't quite say she likes the feeling of being patronized. she never has; call it a pet peeve when she's used to the climate of hospitality. it hasn't even been five minutes since he's woken up, and less than twenty since she's finished the last stitch, and he has the gall to be audacious? he was either confident or foolish (and both lead to the same outcome). [break][break]

the dusknoir leaves her side to pick up a few other bits of solid ice on the floor, collecting them both to clean and for his trainer's own agenda. were it not for her focus on counting, a glare with the similar chill would have found its way to him. "it isn't." she shrugs her lips, pausing her fingers at the last bits of pills. [break][break]

gloved fingers pluck and drop each pill into an orange container, crudely labelled in doctor writing "PAINKILLERS". "it was simply an observation and a casual comment, slayte." her voice turns to a hum, pleasant in tune with a buzz of irritation underneath. the last pill falls in with the rest, and the cap is screwed on with a firm 'click!'.[break][break]

"why would the ice from your frostbite glow red?" she hums, finally moving from her desk to gently and idly rattle the pills in the confines of their semi-clear container. "perhaps i've been studying too heavily, lately." when she arrives to the bed once again, still while wearing a smile, she tilts her head inquisitively. she doesn't like the feeling of being quizzed or taunted, but she'll entertain him. she'll humor him and play to the tune.[break][break]

just this once. [break][break]

"the glow almost reminded me of dynite ore."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 21:50:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Kyurem is large. I would not be surprised if it had the ability to Dynamax, given its awe-inspiring size. It was also fused with Reshiram, which can use fire. That explains the redness."

He was having fun with her. Despite her work, Marisol's patient navigated the subject like a professional dancer, flitting from one idea to the next. Dynite Ore was rare. It was valuable. It was remarkably expensive. Howard had been considering expanding the market by extracting fresh ore, but Dewford kept its gates barred to him.

Luckily, there were other sources, including the depths of New Mauville.

Nonetheless, giving the full story would reveal Regice. That was unacceptable. The golem was a big secret, and its secrets were well hidden. Few knew of its connection to Dynergy, and Howard wanted to keep it that way.

For now.

"I am not a medical professional. I've seen frostbite before when I visited Sinnoh, with an archaeological team. I couldn't tell you why this was red." Howard coughed into his fist, hiding a smile. "Slayte."

He did not like his name being used in this context. His hand reached out in an attempt to grab the pills.

"If I may?"

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 18:18:32 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

there's a limit. [break][break]

a limit to how audacious one can be. despite his questioning, he still speaks to her in roundabout ways - it's clear to her that he knows more, yet he runs circles like she's an unaware babe. if he wasn't interested in an actual conversation, she wasn't keen on the idea of being mocked when he beats around the bush. [break][break]

"mm.. tall tale." is all she says in response to his kyurem explanation. though the story of the three dragons isn't too familiar, even she knows of the legend - and the recent developments - regarding the large ice dragon. its awakening devastated many; she was one of the nurses and doctors who had to ferry many others to the hospitals. she was the one who had to watch dying eyes in hospice. [break][break]

she'd rather not think about it. [break][break]

his attempt to grab the pill bottle is successful - not that she tried to avoid his hand to begin with. "one pill every evening. take it with food. symptoms might include drowsiness, dizziness, or occasional confusion." she didn't bother to label it. if he was smart, he'd be able to take care of himself. if not, she had ways to remedy an overdose. it wouldn't be fatal, anyways. he won't die. probably. "if you experience anything other than that, come see me immediately." she hums "unless you'd like to be questioned by other doctors."[break][break]

her gaze falls back to his arm, which still recovers from the fresh stitches. "finally, bed rest. my blissey has healed some of it, but you still need plenty of rest for the muscle to recover." at the mention of the pink pokemon, she lets out a soft chime and hum of pride. [break][break]

"anymore questions?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 20:37:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
She was too easy to mock, or at least too willing to let mockery slide. Howard was too used to quavering under the weight of stronger Rockets. He could not mock his superiors to their faces, so he resorted to subtle glib.

That was not required here. He did not trust Marisol, but she seemed demure. It was easy to maintain security now that he was awake, and even as the fog in his mind continued to cloud it, it became clear that she did not mean harm, otherwise he would've never woken up. All it would take was a flick of the scalpel while cutting, and he would've died.

Marisol seemed too skilled to fumble with the scalpel, if his arm was any indication.

"I'd rather not." He laughed at the thought of asking another doctor, besides her, there was only one possible candidate. "But I thank you for the advice. You did a good service here today."

His gaze softened.

"Thank you. Be proud of your work."

As he rose, he wobbled slightly. Crumble's psychic power caused the Pokeballs to float in a ring around the ancient doll. Admin Fox would not need to exert himself, nor would he need Marisol's aid on that front. He gave her a glance as he chuckled. For her work, a hint.

"If you truly believe in counteracting whatever you think you saw in the ice, I recommend looking into Dynergy treatments. I could make it worth your while. I'm very good at finding materials and assets." The crates of chemicals proved that. He still wondered what the doctor planned to use them for. "Cooperation fosters progress, after all."

A hint, but enough to confirm her suspicions.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
485 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
Supply and Demand
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 21:41:25 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

this line of work had its benefits. [break][break]

the quips and sarcasm and occasional bites at their backsides aside, getting down and dirty into the rocks and rocket wasn't an entire loss. so what if she felt low doing it, so what if she knew she'll be hurting more people by healing someone capable of far worse? it net two things she'll need - two things she'll need for the future. [break][break]

in the same way his gaze softened, her guards lower (but only slightly, revealing the tiniest crack; it doesn't hold for long when she isn't that charitable). "i'm glad i could help." she speaks modestly, but nestled deep in the sheepish smile bites back an 'of course' gnawing at her mind. [break][break]

he stumbles, and her first reaction is to step towards him to act as a crutch. the way he catches himself, however, tells her that his pride needn't be wounded like that. still, she's a doctor and a nurse at heart - to hell with ego. thankfully for him, it looked like he was able to stand on his own. still, it looked like he was happy enough with the service to let her in on something - something that she didn't think she'd be hearing any day soon. [break][break]

"oh?" her interest is piqued, the gentle sheepishness to her gaze immediately sharpening with intrigue. she wants to ask, desperately, but the question is on the tip of her tongue, and it's ultimately bitten back. instead, her fingers tent against themselves against her stomach with a hum to escape her. [break][break]

"you're good at finding materials, you say?" she doesn't doubt it, considering how he was able to grab chemicals otherwise blacklisted from the general public. she's mulling over her options, but she'd be stupid to not take the deal in front of her. perhaps that's why she's willing to be so brazen. "... could you bring me dynite ore in the next delivery?" [break][break]

not just any dynite ore; "i need something fresh, pure. if you can do that..." she smiles, still serene, despite the horrors that may be brewing beneath the sweet tone. [break][break]

"i'll be more than happy to help you again." [break][break]

indeed, cooperation fosters progress.[break][break]

nature of progress be damned.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights