awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
strangers [az:c]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 1:50:03 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
Atreyu couldn't help it—he was curious. He'd explored the Giant Chasm a bit, studying its various plants and craggy formations, but he wanted to go deeper. It was in his nature to be interested in the ecosystem here, considering how different this place was from Kanto, but beyond that, he'd heard rumors of strange pokemon lying further within in the area. He'd seen a small number of Venomoth floating around, as well as some Swablu and even a stray Raichu, but he had a feeling there was more to it than that. What made people so drawn to this location? And boy, had he seen people. Some remained scattered; some teamed up in groups to... do whatever it was they were doing.

He'd seen crystals; drills. What were they extracting? What was it all used for?

God, he felt stupid as hell. Being in a new region had its disadvantages.

A small waterfall crashed down from a massive cliffside, and as Trey approached, he noticed something floating not too far off. It was a dusty purpleish-blue, a strange, amorphous shape. Looked sort of like a Misdreavus, except—

"Y'see that, Remedy?" he said, tapping his Tinkaton on the head. She perked up, putting a hand over her brows to study what her trainer was pointing out. Luckily for them, the Misdreavus spotted them; it uttered a strange cry and drew closer, a peculiar glint in its eye. Atreyu was no stranger to wild pokemon, but this one seemed a little too eager to come closer. He took a step back, and Remedy hummed, switching her giant hammer from one hand to the other.

Why was this thing so large? And also... "Do Misdreavus come with hair extensions in Hoenn?"
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 16:57:18 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oi, oi, oi! what are you doing?!"

priam shouts from the corner of the scene with what seems to be an espeon.

"dude, that guy's dangerous! back away! it's, like, not really a cute, baby misdreavous!"

he appears panicked and scared to move closer, but he still tries to get the guy to move away. exaggerated movement try to signal him not to fuck around and find out, with his espeon looking concerned.

there is concern on how relaxed his pondering was at the face of dangerous paradox pokemon.

"it's a ghost trying to get to the sun! that's not misdreavous behavior!" he attempts to explain further.

close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
To infinity, even beyond it; I am a comet, no destination
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 1:07:44 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
Trey did not expect another voice to chime in. As the pokemon drew closer, his head whipped around, trying to locate the new arrival. "A ghost coming into the sun? Now that you mention it..." The ecologist turned back to survey the not-Misdreavus' behavior, huffing an incredulous laugh as it did, indeed, continue to draw closer. At an alarming rate, at that. "Guess we'd better get back, Remedy, or else we're gonna end up—"

Retreating was wishful thinking. The ghost seemed to smirk, its frills fluttering enticingly before it cried out again. This time, though, a sharp, intense bright light shocked Trey and Remedy both, a Dazzling Gleam hitting them before they knew what to do. "Fuck!" Trey groaned, immediately clasping a hand over his eyes as he stumbled backwards. Remedy, being a fairy type, wasn't as affected. When the resisted glare wore off, an excited smirk crossed her face as she gripped her weapon, and before Trey could command her to do so, she rushed towards the creature with her hammer pulled back, attempting to strike down with a Gigaton Hammer.

"Hey, uh—guy—" Trey started, still blinking his way back to being alert as he tried to locate whoever talked to him before. "What is this thing, then?!"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 1:56:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"that's mister conrad to ya!" he corrects atreyu after he calls him guy, doubling as an introduction.

he approaches when he realizes he wasn't too bad in these kinds of scenarios. the espeon he was with comes with him, firing a sludge bomb at the weird misdreavus, confident that the other trianer's pokemon won't mind being splashed with poison.

"a paradox pokemon," he answers him. "i think they call this one flutter mane."

with their pokemon on the case, he turns to atreyu.

"did you come to hoenn without knowing that?" there doesn't seem to be any judgement in his tone. "ooh! you get to experience all the cool stuff for the first time! i wish i can do that again, but you can only get a first impression once."

close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 4:03:45 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
Mister Conrad? He almost snorts, instead focusing his efforts in working on being able to see again. A few more swipes at his eyes renders his vision mostly normal save for a little glitter and pops in his peripherals, but in truth, he'd had hangovers that were far worse. "Do I actually have to call you Mister? I haven't done that since, like, college. But I guess you are teaching me something, so..." His words trailed off, index finger tapping his chin as he mulled it over. "Alright, Professor Conrad. Name's Trey."

The trainer stuck his hand out for a shake just as the Sludge Bomb hit. Between that and the Tinkaton's attack, the Paradox Pokemon didn't stand a chance. It deflated and fainted almost immediately, its curiosity smothered by those it wished to harm. Remedy laughed and watched the Espeon carefully, shrugging off the poisonous aftermath easily. She trotted back to Atreyu's side, idly playing with the handle of her hammer while the "adults" talked.

"Flutter Mane? Of course something so dangerous has to both look cute and have a cute name," he sighed, slouching a little in defeat. "Are they catchable? Maybe I should throw a pokeball next time. I'd make it easier to study, that's for sure." Trey flinched a little as he was called out, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "New blood is that obvious to point out, huh? I mean, I read a few articles before moving, but between relocating, school, work... Can't say I got all the details. Sue me." He laughed, hoping it would help him feel a little better. "I won't lie though, exploring the area for the first time has been incredible. I can see why people seem to be flocking here. Got any tips for a newbie?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 4:18:59 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"yeah!" priam answers enthusiastically, seeing as the newcomer in the region was similarly interested. "they're tougher than normal pokemon, so you might have to work extra, but people 'round here have 'em!"

whether it's for science or for the cool factor of it, priam won't deny that owning one is just great.

"oh, if you head deeper in area zero, i heard you can get one of the better ones," he tells him. "like, they're dinos, but not really a fossil, so that makes them extra cool."

priam's cool tip for today was to point someone who isn't well-versed on hoenn to where the more dangerous stuff was, only because he finds them better. in his defense, it's a pretty good tip.

close tab

played by

bay

trey, graves
he/him
twenty seven
august 18
lavender town, kanto
gay
on a manhunt
civillian
fire to a flame
ignite it
5' 10" height
5' 10" height
awards
36 posts
part of
TAG WITH @atreyu
Atreyu Hargrave
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 18:04:36 GMT
Atreyu Hargrave Avatar
"Dinos without fossils? Yeah, that is pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up," he said, whipping out his phone to make a note. He'd always been interested in fossil pokemon anyway — seeing how they reacted to a new environment after being dormant for a millennia was neat — but to have one without needing to go through the process of finding a fossil and reanimating it... huh. "Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for 'em; make sure my team's ready to go in case we find a few."

Trey turned to look past the waterfall, noticing a trail that delved deeper into the chasm. It grew darker the farther it stretched, but he had a feeling the giant crystals would provide enough light to see by. Something must have been lighting the way; people wouldn't have been flocking down there if it was too hard to traverse.

"Are you heading deeper in too?" he asked, curious. "No big if you're not." It didn't hurt to ask. If he ended up with a traveling buddy on this excursion, great! If not, well, he was already traversing this alone — keeping at it wouldn't hurt him.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 18:10:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"maybe, maybe not!" he teases.

there was promise of adventure out there, and priam will take it if it wasn't an inconvenience. unfortunately, he's on the whims of his bosses in rocket.

"how 'bout we go together?" he says. "and if something comes up, we can decide if we continue or not."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights