thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 6:54:15 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
not all fit within that mold but they can be made to be. or at least that's his line of thinking, having been molded to fit the rigid hierarchy in the first place. what he fails to realize is there's a limit to how much one is able to be bent before they break.

his thoughts are lessened under the weight of the admin. he shifts to accommodate, one hand still occupied with the tea cup while the other drapes over the couch.

he peers up, finding their gaze.

"oddly comfortable."
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 12:56:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

You might be comfortable, but if I had done something like this when I first met Elisabeth... brought a hand up to ’s cheek and brushed it softly with the back of his knuckles, echoing a time long past in a meadow filled with red roses. “...she probably would have gouged my eyes out.”[break][break]

The thought brought a small, nostalgic smile to the admin’s lips.[break][break]

Once, she had a panic attack so severe that she blindly tore at my arms.” Here, Barnaby flexed his forearm for Theo to see; in the lamplight, a network of tiny, almost imperceivable scars glistened faintly on his skin. “And that was when I was trying to save her life. Can you imagine otherwise?”[break][break]

paused, letting both his arm and his smile fall. [break][break]

The men in her life have broken her. She does not trust easily and she does not yield under certain pressures.”[break][break]

A thought suddenly crossed his mind.[break][break]

I wonder...” He looked into Theo's face, recognizing the severity of a hardened man.[break][break]

How much you might remind her of her late husband.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 9:29:55 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

it's too easy for him to lean into their touch, to feel smooth knuckles brushing over equally smooth skin. the world may not have been kind to him but he has not let it break him; his tried-and-tested skincare routine ensures it.

in the lamplight, theo observes with curiosity, listening as he traces the lines of almost imperceivable scars, all the while wondering what brought to that breaking point; the terrors she must have experienced; the pain she must have survived.

despite that, his sympathy refuses to extend.

when the comparison comes, his head tilts, curious as he asks,

"how so?"

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 21:54:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Sympathy was not the goal. [break][break]

It was comparison. To highlight the differences in the way she needed to be handled against the average ROCKET member. If wanted trust from the likes of , he’d have to stop trying to fit her into his preconceived mold. His approach thus far obviously wasn’t working.[break][break]

But none of this was verbalized. After all, didn’t necessarily want Elisabeth to hold the same level of trust in others as she had in him.[break][break]

It was just a passing thought. I don’t know you that well, after all.” Barnaby replied, enjoying the feeling of Theo’s fingers tracing lines along his forearm.[break][break]

But I do know that much of her trauma stems from that man.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 4:36:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

in place of sympathy is pity, raw and unbridled and twisted with a semblance of satisfaction knowing the pain she lives with. he does not hate her; the descriptor is too strong and isolating; but there are grudges that lay deep within him.

he offers a shrug.

"i believe she's afraid; not of me, but of losing; and that isolates her. makes her trust hard to earn, and even harder to trust her."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 11:20:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

talked as if it was easy to earn the trust of criminals. Some, perhaps, but just like him many had deep-seated grudges and insecurities that tempered their ability to trust others. [break][break]

"Afraid of losing what?"[break][break]

asked, looking down into Theo's face from where he sat in his lap.[break][break]

"Me?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 9:08:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"everything."

he says simply.

"i believe i serve as a reminder that no one in this organization, not myself, not her, not even declan himself, is irreplaceable. where one falls, another will rise."

that is the balance that has been struck within the organization. power is spread but never is it imbalanced. the one exception, however, may be , but his concerns are kept private for now.

"it must be difficult for her, knowing she could lose it all."

it's why, he thinks, she had reacted as badly as she did to his methods with . the two are cursed with ruinous powers and should admin cross fail and be discarded, she could suffer the exact same fate, if not one far worse.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 13:35:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

From Barnaby’s purview, wasn’t too far off the mark. [break][break]

After all, was a woman controlled by her fears. They saturated every facet of her life, made her the contentious leader and avatar that so many struggled to interface with. [break][break]

And he knew she felt some attachment to him, in spite of those fears or because of them. She dreaded the loss of his presence in her life – but did that sentiment extend to ROCKET as well? [break][break]

Perhaps.” Was all the response he would give.[break][break]

In truth, was less interested in ’s estimation of her fears and more concerned about how he factored into that conclusion.[break][break]

Theo, tell me...” His voice was soft and inflected with genuine curiosity.[break][break]

Did you only sleep with me to gauge Elisabeth’s reaction?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 7:32:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he wonders, then, in the brief silence that follows, how long would it take for to accept her new reality; new only in the sense that no one else has made it abundantly clear to her where she stands until now. he would hate himself, too, he realizes.

when the admin's question sounds in the air, he can do no more than look up at the man, the softness in his eyes still faintly there.

"barnaby," he sighs, "you're being silly."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 22:14:55 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"How so?" Barnaby asked, turning the underboss' earlier question back onto him.[break][break]

As he studied 's face for an answer, felt the prickling urge to reach out to him again, remembering how he'd leaned into his previous touch — but resisted the impulse. [break][break]

Instead, he continued by admitting, "That seems like the most logical conclusion, given what you've shared with me."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 5:57:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

it would be the most logical conclusion, yes, but that logic would then be skewed with the other things they've shared with one another; the bourbon, the rose, the intimacy; so he can do no more than sigh.

"if that were true," which it isn't but he has yet to confirm as much, not relenting despite the way the admin looks at him, "would it pain you?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 19:31:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

's sighs perplexed him for some reason. [break][break]

The underboss' mild exasperation hadn't been expected. Ulterior motives came second nature to men like them, after all. It didn't seem silly to .[break][break]

Were Theo's intentions more genuine than what Barnaby initially thought?[break][break]

"I wouldn't enjoy the feeling, no." Absently, the admin's fingers fiddled with the other's shirt where it was tucked into his pants. "But I've been used before in much worse ways."[break][break]

He assumed would understand, given his tenure in ROCKET. [break][break]

"Why, then? And don't sigh this time." Barnaby warned, his eyes narrowing in faux-annoyance.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 7:06:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he understands, able to sympathize even if he doesn't voice as much. no sigh comes this time; only an idle tap of his finger against their thigh as he explains,

"i slept with you because i wanted to, barnaby. because i'm interested in you."

a pause.

"but when i suspected there may be more to her relationship with you, it proved opportunistic to prod for more, which i did, but that doesn't make this any less genuine."

this being whatever complication they've found themselves in; a precarious situation he refuses to tear away from.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
deep red
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 0:47:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

’s reassurances were enough to sufficiently stroke ’s ego.[break][break]

He’d always been the type of man to crave validation through physical attention. It satisfied him to know that someone like Theo desired him in that way; his contentment showed in the gratified smile he wore as he peered down from his perch on the underboss’ lap.[break][break]

"Alright. I believe you," An acknowledgement spoken as he took the long-cooled cup of tea from Theo's hand and leaned over to set it on a nearby table.[break][break]

In the end, how could Barnaby fault him? If their situations were reversed he'd have likely done the same.[break][break]

"And I'm pleased to hear it." The admin admitted, sliding a hand up 's shirt where he'd plucked it away from his waist. [break][break]

It was a soft touch, but meaningful in its implication. He'd held back long enough. After all, since his union with MOLTRES all his innate hungers only seemed to have intensified.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,319 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
deep red
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 4:38:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he could not be faulted. if he is to spare some time after this to reflect, he'd come to understand that would have likely done the same as well, the assumption built upon what he knows of the admin so far. they are opportunistic creatures, after all, seeking for anything to strengthen their positions in this fragile hierarchy.

for now, his thoughts are silenced with the plucking of his teacup and the feeling of their hand on his chest.

"mm."

the implication is recognized and reflected; his head still tilted up, wanting more.

"how pleased?"