Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
1440 Mauville Hills
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 0:40:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

1440 Mauville Hills, Barnaby Finch's Penthouse

Stepping out of a private elevator, guests are welcomed into Barnaby Finch's home by an expansive living area gilded in a dark, modern exterior. Every edge and surface speaks to the penthouse's splendor, from the sleek leather couches to the crystal chandelier. Pepin the EEVEE greets all visitors with a happy squeak and the immediate demanding of pets.

kitchen & dining area

To the left of the entryway one can see the home's kitchen, which features sleek, stainless steel appliances and maple wood cabinets. Delphine the DELPHOX enjoys spending time here helping with some of Barnaby's favorite hobbies: cooking and baking.

master bedroom

Ascending the central staircase leads to a hallway containing two rooms, one of which is the master bedroom. Modern touches continue into this space, with floor-to-ceiling windows and contemporary artwork. When not home to claim his bed, the NINETALES pair of Bijou and Sybille like to sprawl out here and cuddle.

guest bedroom

A home away from home, the guest bedroom and its attached bathroom provide all the comforts a visitor might need. Preferring the inherent quiet of this space, Gabrielle the PERSIAN can sometimes be seen lounging across the ottoman at the end of the bed when Barnaby isn't expecting guests.

office

The other room upstairs leads to Barnaby's personal home office. With his public and criminal work seemingly never-ending, he finds himself stooped over his mahogany desk quite often. Keeping him company are his oldest companions, Fleur and Odette the sister NINETALES.

library

The library is Barnaby's favorite room in his home. Some bookshelves contain articles and publications pertinent to his work, while others house tomes spanning many different genres. Bellona the HOUNDOOM loves to offer cozy companionship as one reads on the plush couch.

outdoor space

This area features ample room for entertainment, with an outdoor living space and a well-stocked bar. Beyond the patio one can enjoy a swim in the mid-sized pool or relax in one of several chaise lounges. Evangeline the STARMIE can be seen wading in the shallow end of the pool on clear days, soaking up the sunlight.
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
1440 Mauville Hills
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:08:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Home Office, March 20th, 12:48 AM

All too common these days, once again found himself burning the midnight oil. He preferred it this way; he was a night owl, after all, and always seemed to work best in the calm quiet of darkness. Unless there was some sort of emergency, no one bothered him at this hour.

With only the company of his Pokémon and a warm cup of tea, Barnaby continued to toil at his computer, intermittently scrolling through articles and typing into a word processor. The mechanical clicking of his keyboard was the singular disturbance in the otherwise silent office. Even Fleur and Odette slept quietly at his feet as he worked.

If one were to look over his shoulder, they'd see the following document opened on the computer screen, obviously in-progress and unfinished:

- INTERVIEW PREP

VOLUME 1 ISSUE 2 (3/3/2019)
  • Search for new champion after Talia Bosch steps down
  • "Recognition is taken, never given. Strength, skill, wits, charisma; these are the traits that make a champion The Champion... I expect great things from the citizens of Hoenn and look forward to the rising stars of tomorrow."

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 1 (7/17/2019)
  • Team Rocket disbandment & Silas Blackwell assassination
  • Slateport liberated from Rocket; residual members apprehended by council

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 2 (10/5/2019)
  • Why?

VOLUME 3 ISSUE 1 (2/17/2020)
  • Slateport Night Market catastrophe; ultra beasts attack
  • Tapu Fini helps launch bomb away from the city, minimizing damage

VOLUME 3 ISSUE 3 (6/30/2020)
  • Littleroot Theatre "tree"
  • Present, but what was his involvement?

VOLUME 4 ISSUE 1 (9/11/2020)
  • War declared on Megalopolans
  • Silph Co. funding defense efforts

VOLUME 4 ISSUE 4 (2/21/2021)
  • Team Rocket returns under Declan Walsh
  • AQUA Initiative announced, of which F. Silph is apart

VOLUME 5 ISSUE 1 (4/13/2021)
  • Devon Corporation collapses; Silph Co. takes control of subsidiary companies - monopoly forming? Research competitors
  • Former Councilman: "We are incredibly grateful for Councilman Silph's long and illustrious tenure. On behalf of the League, I would like to thank him for his service."
  • Why did he resign? Why did he return?

VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5 (8/25/2021)
  • Team Rocket takes over Sootopolis
  • Groudon at Mt. Chimney; AQUA Initiative mobilized, including F. Silph
  • Thomas Benoit resigns from Elite Four, stating the The League is "too soft"

VOLUME 5 ISSUE 7 (12/11/2021)
  • Council duties: logistics, financials, avatar training and relations
  • Greater Mauville Holdings collaboration with Silph Co. - electric car with infinity energy miniature generator

VOLUME 6 ISSUE 1 (2/5/2022)
  • Hoenn disturbances continue: meteoroid 99943 Meteno, space-time distortions, growth of Tree of Life
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
1440 Mauville Hills
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 0:48:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Master Bedroom, January 12th, 8:06 AM

The morning came all too soon, jarringly bright and unrelenting in its intensity.

Light streaming through the windows cast bare the realities of the previous night and, for , it was hard to discern his current feelings. Waking up with in his bed was a new, but not altogether unpleasant, sensation. However, within moments of seeing Mars' peacefully slumbering face, memories of yesterday's profound events came flooding back to mind.

Blood. Prophecies. And a marked shift in their relationship, unspoken yet undeniable.

He'd pledged himself to the ROCKET admin. In his time of need, Barnaby had offered him a saving embrace. Consolation in the wake of a grave failure.

Why?

There wasn't much time to contemplate this gnawing question. Mars began to stir from his sleep and, without mentioning the intimacy of the night prior, readied himself to leave. Barnaby insisted on cooking a small breakfast for them both, but the admin was gone soon after.

The rest of the morning was spent tidying the penthouse, starting with the living room. Cleaning the overflowed wax from the candle pedestal, organizing the manuscript papers that had fallen to the floor, washing the teacup of the cold dregs left forgotten.

Next came the master bathroom. Though small, flecks and marks of blood hung like grim reminders of Mars' pain. Streaks along the shower frame, residual stains around the lower tiles and drain. They were all washed away and, quietly, Barnaby hoped he would never again have to see the blood of .

He knew it was likely a vain hope.

Last was the master bedroom. The bed needed to be made but, in the process of doing so, something caught his eye. On the ground, partially tucked under the bedframe, was Mars' once-beautiful silk tie. It had been marred in the events of yesterday - a quaint blue spoiled into a deep maroon.

Kneeling to the ground, Barnaby carefully plucked the tie from where it was hidden. He didn't immediately rise to his feet, though. Instead, he took a moment to study the piece of neckwear.

As he did so, ' final words before they'd drifted into sleep together echoed in his mind.

"I’m really glad we met, Barnaby.”

"... Me too." He whispered quietly to himself, thumbing the stained fabric in his hand.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights