thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,378 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
in memory of
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 8:51:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
her ditto!bruxish's brave pursuit is interrupted by a visceral ROAR that pulses violently through the water, sending it careening to the side; any side, as long as it's away from its trainer. but as a piece of the wreckage nears lulu, it is not her ditto!bruxish that comes to her aid, but a lover of the past.

clad in his SYGNA SUIT that glows similarly to milotic's MARVEL SCALE, theo reaches out to pull her free of the pull. they glide to the side, safe, only to be met with KYOGRE'S MASSIVE EYE.

his eyes widen. his blood chills.

gyarados' HURRICANE is what saves them, pushing them away from being chomped by hungry leviathan teeth.
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[attr="class","becketttheopkmn"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in memory of
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 5:51:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
the roar was deafening, even beneath the water. heavier than sound above, it brought waves in waves that rattled their bones. bruxsire was sent off like a leaf in the wind, or perhaps a sad piece of kelp, fading into the blue.[break][break]

squinting through the salt in her eyes, lulu grabbed onto theo, the storm of panic in her heart giving way to hope. zarude was also relieved, desperately wrapping arms around the heroic underboss’s shoulders.[break][break]

then, in deceptively calmer water, all three would witness the terrifying stare of kyogre's massive eye. her hope sank.[break][break]

but just as the god prepared to swallow them like captain dross and many tatsugiri, a hurricane sent them speeding towards safety. lulu let go, carving through the water, while zarude held on tighter, riding atop theo like a jetski to the surface.[break][break]

the shadow of kyogre disappeared into the depths. lulu broke the surface, taking a huge gasp of air, and how good it was to see the sky again.[break][break]

"theo!" she coughed. "i thought it ate you!"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]mission: the lawless sea[break]
[break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,378 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
in memory of
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 8:26:05 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

with a zarude-shaped jetpack on his back, he careens out of the water, through the air, and into the water again before floating on the surface, hurt, damaged, but alive, and that's all that matters as he shrugs free from zarude's big hands.

theo!

he blinks seawater from his eyes, coughing to catch his breath before being supported by his milotic.

"that would have been a poetic end."

looking at lulu, he can't help the falter of disappointment that breaks on his expression. he'd wanted to help her succeed but instead,

"it got away."

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in memory of
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 1:05:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
zarude held on tight until forcibly pried off the underboss’s back with a protesting shriek of terror.[break][break]

as lulu returned it, she decided she should probably get more water pokemon before going out to sea again. in fact, she would avoid going out to sea altogether if she could help it. it had been enough violence for the time being.[break][break]

she stared at theo, knowing the sadness he’d shown her. was it the kyogre that had gotten away, or the poetic end?[break][break]

”indeed.”[break][break]

good fucking riddance.[break][break]

after a moment, she asked, ”are you alright? sorry about the monkey. sorry about the boat. i’ll buy you a new one.”[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,378 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
in memory of
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 10:01:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

his head shakes.

"don't worry about the boat. it'll be billed to team rocket."

he sounds as though he could be kidding but he isn't. it's part of his remit as an underboss to oversee their accounts, and though he doesn't come from a financial background, he's had to learn on the job.

after spending a moment to catch his breath, he asks the same in return.

"are you alright?"

then, another question arises.

"why did you want to kill it?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,407 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
in memory of
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 0:07:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
billed to team rocket. that wasn’t much better. hopefully, it’d just look like an enthusiastic effort to score more power.[break][break]

he didn’t seem angry. at least there was that.[break][break]

”fine.”[break][break]

she considered a lie when he asked why.[break][break]

”because i think it killed .” a pause. ”she was a kind of friend i think – or maybe that's not the right word. don’t get me wrong, we fought many times. i think i nearly killed her once.” she’d regretted the stabbing – on both occasions.[break][break]

she thought on it for another moment, before trying to explain, ”maybe she was an enemy. maybe sometimes an enemy’s too good to lose to something else.”[break][break]

it left them with a game perpetually unfinished. pieces scraped off the board with no winner.[break][break]

”i knew i wouldn’t be able to kill kyogre. i was just saying that.” she wouldn’t have brought him along of all people if she’d meant it. surely, if they’d managed to weaken it so much, underboss beckett wouldn’t let it go to waste.[break][break]

"still felt good.”[break][break]

some small distance away, a ditto!bruxish popped up to the water’s surface, still alive.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,378 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
in memory of
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 5:06:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

when was theo ever angry? even counting the number of times on one hand would prove difficult. he is a man who not only masks his emotions well, but he is a man who often chooses not to feel at all.

this time, however, he feels.

"i understand."

he nods, sympathizing.

"sometimes, an enemy is only an enemy due to circumstances beyond our control. though we may find ourselves on opposing ends of the battlefield, that doesn't make losing them any less painful; friend, foe, or otherwise."

his own bruxish pops up beside ditto!bruxish, equally still alive.

"if it's any consolation, i don't believe dross to be dead. her husband would still be here, fighting for vengeance if so."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights