He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
So You Wanna Be a Ranger? [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 3:13:57 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar

=SO YOU WANNA BE A RANGER?=
COMMITTMENT: ACT I

A gentle breeze pushed along the shipless sails across the sky and caused the emerald blades to dance. Excitement permeated the air while Michael trekked with Eimyrja to their destination. Michael was not a fully fledged Pokemon Ranger just yet. As such, the Ranger Station asked him to accompany one of his seniors for some field training.

The 32-year-old pulled up the map app on his Pokedex. Furrowing his brow and peeking over its brim, he hummed.

“This should be the right spot,” Michael mused. “They should be in the immediate area. I hope I'm not late.”

That would be the last thing Michael could ever want. Already his mind began to race; creeping vines of worry and doubts were ready to stick to his psyche. If he was late to his assignment, what would that tell his superiors? How would that reflect on the Rangers as a whole?

"Gah, stop it!" Michael growled as he smacked his forehead. "It's fine. You're not late. Maybe they had to take care of something quick."

"Char?" Eimyrja cooed, tugging on Michael's leg.

"Sorry, girl," he sighed. "You're right. No use worrying. There's no changing the past. Only what we do moving forward counts."

[PC: 1]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 16:43:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Today wasn’t one of the ‘delivery days’, it was in fact time for him to bust out his blue armband and get all ‘official’ like.

(The amusing thing here was that the person he was going to be accompanying today was around the same age he was, so that was a relief not having to adjust to a much younger crowd!)

Normally, he would be waiting with his shining silver Metagross, Ro—but today was different; he was accompanied by Alpha the Lucario, already on lookout duty in case things went south too quickly.

(Because you never know!)

It wouldn’t take too long before he heard the sounds of someone approaching, and his Lucario would alert him to their presence—which made him turn off his vape a little too quickly and pocket it.

There would be a faint, lingering scent of vanilla when they approached where he stood—hastily retying the blue armband back on because whoops, he almost forgot that.

“No, you’re not late—that’s the beauty of working a job like this,” he would remark once they were close enough.

close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 22:45:18 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar

A frigid sensation of embarrassment encased the Cadet. His head turned. Seeing Laurence just standing there, smelling of vanilla and cool as a cucumber, caused the color to evacuate Michael’s face.

‘Oh gods, he was there this whole time?!’

A chitter of nervous notes escaped the man’s lips in a short laugh. Grinning sheepishly, he did his best to wave his worries away.

“Good! That’s good. Punctuality’s important to me, is all. Dad always said, if you’re on time, you’re late. If you’re fifteen minutes early, you’re on time.”

The Ranger was already feeling calmer by the second as his anxieties melted away like the last snow of Spring. Smiling still, he offered a firm handshake.

“I’m Michael. Michael Davis. And this here is Eimyrja,” he said while gesturing to the Charmander. “It’s great to meet you both! Lucario's one of my favorites! I hope to recruit one some day soon.”

Eimyrja gave a joyful wave with her right claw to greet Laurence and Alpha.

[PC: 2]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 20:13:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Mind if I call you Mike?” was what he began with, the moment he’d regained enough spatial awareness that there was a Charmander not too far away from where they were.

“You can call me Lars… it’s a thousand miles better than ‘Laurence’ and besides, only our parents have divine right to call us by our full first names,” he would introduce himself after returning the handshake.

Thankfully the other man didn’t look too wet around the ears—oh gods, that would be another mountain and a half—and so he continued.

“I know this is going to sound absolutely corny, but. You know, we’re out here. What survival know-how do you already know to do?”

There, a little nudge to get the ball rolling.

close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
44 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 1:47:08 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
"Sure, Mike's fine!" the Ranger chirped.

Michael could feel his pride swelling when Lars asked what knowledge of survival he already held. Without skipping a beat, the Cadet got right to informing his Superior with what he knew.

"Well," he began, "I can say that I'm thankful I didn't sleep through my classes when becoming a Ranger. I remember the basics, plus extra. For example, I know how long the body can last without food or water. I know that with collecting water, any water that's sourced from rivers or ponds should always be boiled to kill potential bacteria and other foreign agents. I can start fires and provide basic medical treatment for injuries, like treating for shock or taking someone's heart rate."

The Ranger beamed at Lars. He hoped that his grasp of survival would help make a great first impression.

[PC: 3]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 19:10:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Don’t forget—if you can’t start a fire or you’re unable to due to circumstance, you can use these if you’re really pressed for time and need drinkable water in dire situations,” he would reply first, fishing out a roll of iodine tablets and tossing it his way.

“Just stick one tablet into the water container; give it thirty minutes to an hour to be on the safe side, and the water should be good to drink once it’s done.”

What else, what else… oh, that’s right.

“Speaking of which, have you picked up a first-aid kit already from the bigger office out at Lilycove? Always, always have a first aid kit on you if in case you run into unexpected situations and you’re the only source of help nearby,” he added.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights