6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2019 14:59:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he always had an interest in medieval fantasy setting, but this was just disappointing. they went for realism this time around instead of the video game-y kind of fantasy.

"i guess i'm calling you lady evren or something now."
he pauses, taking in the words he just uttered. "wow. that sounds disgusting. no offense."

he just did not sound like the kind of person to say lady follow it up with a surname. it just did not age as well as sir when used in a more modern setting. besides, kyle wasn't the kind of person to use formalities unless it's work-related or the like.

dressed accordingly to the occasion, a full knight armor just without the helmet, he accompanies bryony through the crowds. meeting her was a coincidence, but upon kyle finding her, he decided to drag her along.

"didn't know you were interested in things like this though." she didn't know much of her interests besides maybe looking at mateo from afar. "want me to show you to my favorite place here?"

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2019 15:09:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony doesn't know how she always gets swept up by others, but at this point, she accepts things as they are. When Kyle whisks her away, she offers no resistence. If anything, there's a sense of relief in not being alone.

While Kyle dresses the part of knight, Bryony's effort goes as far as a dress that looks like it could be medieval in style. Her trademark cape is forgone, replaced by a lace shawl that acts as a stand in.

Her nose crinkles as Kyle considers Lady Evren. "That's my mother," she mutters in response. Lady Evren. How awful sounding.

Bryony perks back up and she looks at the blonde with a smile. "Yes, please!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2019 17:04:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle leads her to center of the festivities.

an open battlefield is set in the middle of the town square, chalk lining the boundaries of where the pokemon were supposed to stay for the entirety of the fight. cheering and booing can be heard from the crowds. everything else felt tame compared to the audience of this place.

"exhibition matches," he tells her before she can ask. "there's no prizes or anything, so no one really takes this seriously. well, except the tryhards. they always have those."

the current match seemed to be ending. one side had a young girl fighting against what seemed to be a veteran trainer. the young girl seems to be winning, though the expression on the other trainer's face made it seem as if he's letting the child win.

"you wanna go next?" he invites her.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2019 19:59:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The second she sees the fight and hears the crowd, Bryony wonders why she expected anything different. She observes it and tries to find enjoyment in it, at least for Kyle's sake. He's shown her what is apparently his favorite event. This is bonding.

His question throws her off guard.

"What?"

Her head turns to him. Bryony stares. She wants to say no because it'll be humiliating but all that comes out is:

"Uuuhhhhhhhhhhhh - "
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 2:58:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle knows bryony isn't the kind of person to indulge in such activities. it brings a smile on his face to see her uneasy and nervous. he knows the anxiety she shows since he acts like that as well when people kept putting him on positions he's uncomfortable with.

"the best part about this is that if you lose, you can just say you gave your opponent the win,"
he explains further.

that's his take on it anyways, and certainly, bryony had a different one.

"my second favorite one is the aerial jousting one, where we get to ride our dragons and try to push each other off of our pokemon. we can try that instead if you want."

he lied. he doesn't actually like it. there's too much effort to try to balance himself on top of a pokemon that moves so much. offering her other choices just seemed the friendly thing to do at that moment.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 3:04:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The second Kyle puts jousting, dragons, and aerial together in a sentence, Bryony's fight or flight instinct kicks in. In this case, it makes her exclaim: "We can do this one!"

As much as she doesn't want to do this, she also doesn't want to disappoint Kyle and even more than not wanting to disappoint Kyle, she does not want to fly on a dragon type when her own barely listen to her.

"It sounds - uh - it sounds fun."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 3:12:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nice!"

dragon jousting... that just screamed mateo. neither him nor bryony had the energy to actually try it. he tried it once and it was awful. riding a big dog was just better. it wasn't actually nice either, but at least it was better.

the fight commences. the little girl and her eevee wins against the aggron, who obviously was playing dead on the ground. there were cheering and congratulating.

kyle pats bryony on the back, nudging her forward to the place where the other trainer was. "we got a new challenger here," he informs everyone. the other trainer sees her, offering her a smile as he vacates his place to give bryony the spot.

"crush that little girl,"
kyle whispers.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 3:20:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony does not particularly like children. She doesn't dislike them, either, but if she has the option to avoid them, she prefers to take it. And still, she gives Kyle a look as if he's some sort of monster.

She runs through her head of what Pokemon to use and then grabs a Pokeball. She has a Snorlax, a Charmeleon, an Altaria, even a Vileplume at her disposal! Her jangmo-o, too, would be a fantastic option.

Instead, entering the stage, Bryony summons forth not one of these choices. What she calls forth is worse.

Chives chirps. He looks around the stadium with big eyes and then he covers his face, blushing and wiggling.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 3:24:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you can do it carrot!"

the girl is foolish enough not to recall her eevee and get it to stay on the battlefield. she was like six and probably does not have the cognition to realize that her eevee is already beaten up by ramming itself repeatedly on a heavily plated aggron.

she orders it to tackle the delibird. at least it was a softer target than the previous one.

"destroy her!" kyle cheers loudly uncharacteristically. it is unknown which side he is rooting for.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 3:48:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Chives takes the hit with a squawk. He flails, looking to Bryony for help.

"Use - use present!" she calls, pressing her fists to her chest. There's no way present will do enough to hurt the eevee. That's what Bryony thinks and then Chives slings his bag into the tiny Pokemon and Bryony watches in horror as the eevee gains the new ability fly.

When it lands, it's not moving.

The crowd barely cheers.

Bryony doesn't bother going forward from this point. She calls her delibird back and takes the long walk of shame to Kyle. She has beaten a child.

A literal child.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
fantasy [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 4:20:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy,[break] one free move of choice for one pokemon (redeem in site shop).