Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ULTRA PLANT: ET #2
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 5:43:25 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

She hadn't been pleased to return here with the same man as before. A cool silence had settled between the two underbosses as Elisabeth did her best to ignore 's less-than-ideal qualities, focusing instead on her less-than-ideal surroundings.[break][break]

"Did you sign up for this mission in spite of the company," she asked conversationally as they made their way through the fantastical landscape, "or did you have no real choice in the matter?"[break][break]

At this point, the animosity between the two of them seemed to be understood. There was no point in pretending otherwise.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

PROMPTS:

[break]
  • 05 investigate the depowered power stations and their destroyed cords, powerbanks, machinery, etc.
  • 23 encounter electrical phenomena (e.g. lightning, exposed wiring, etc.) that reactivates/resurrects deactivated ultra beasts or "dead" pokemon.
  • 26 involve the use of old, broken down megalopolan technology that is reminiscent of a tesla coil or faraday cage.
  • 30 hear haunting human-like or pokemon-like screams within the electrical currents of this world.
  • 33 discover fulgurite, natural tubes or crusts of glass formed by the fusion of silica (quartz) sand or rock from a lightning strike. these stones act similarly to thunder stones.
[break]
🗺️ utilize mega evolution in an advantageous way.[break][break]

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: your character(s) will be able to encounter and catch a STAKATAKA or XURKITREE (one or the other); capturing these ultra beasts can influence the severity of the world's hostile environment by diminishing power, current connection, security, etc.[break][break]

Or you may encounter and catch a CELESTEELA that has managed to displace itself here. Whether it is here from Hoenn or another location in ULTRA SPACE is unknown.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 5:54:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
"on the contrary, i quite enjoy your company." even if she makes him feel like ripping out her throat at times, but there is fun to be had in that feeling; sick, twisted fun; but fun nonetheless.

investigating yet another depowered power station, he is quick to raise his hand, stopping them to ask, "do you hear that?" just in time for a haunting scream to echo in the distance.

"it often sounds the same in my head when i'm with you."
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 6:03:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Does it?" she replied flatly, unimpressed by his dry humor. "I commend you on your tolerance, then, Beckett. To so willingly subject yourself to your own misery, again and again."[break][break]

Which mirrored this annoyingly familiar encounter, really. Yet another depowered power station. Yet another annoying paradox of machinery and electricity.[break][break]

A small furrow worried its way into her brow as something bright flashed against the ground, catching her attention as she knelt to examine it. The peculiar glass reminded her of something she'd read about in a book once, and she named it aloud without thinking: "...Fulgurite? Hm. I suppose that makes sense, given all the electricity here."[break][break]

It sat as smooth as a Thunder Stone in her hand, thrumming with its own latent energy. She pocketed it for no real reason other than her own curiosity.[break][break]

Then her eyes scanned further along the premises, widening slightly as she took in the sight of more complicated technology than she'd witnessed in this part of the region before.[break][break]

"That looks Megalopolan, don't you think?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 6:37:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

it's all part of the job, he thinks, to be content with continued misery all for the greater good; what good can come from this, he's not too sure; perhaps nothing.

while she busies herself with a THUNDER STONE, he turns to investigate the supposed megalopolan technology. he nods at her question.

"indeed."

and, without warning, he kicks loose parts together which acts as a jump-start. electricity courses through loose wiring to find a fallen CELESTEELA that soon rises.

"trouble."

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 16:59:26 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You have a tendency to attract trouble, yes," she replied bitterly. "I'm beginning to think you even enjoy it."[break][break]

It was half the reason she expected he'd chosen to come here in the first place.[break][break]

She didn't want to focus on the other reason.[break][break]

The underboss's warning gave Elisabeth just enough time to react as the Celesteela towered before them. Wo-chien immediately slithered out of the shadows, hissing as it struck the foe with a well-placed SHADOW SNEAK.[break][break]

"Time for you to showcase your battle prowess from Kanto, then?" she remarked dryly.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 3:24:15 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"is that why you're here, then? to cause me trouble?"

it would be consistent with every encounter they've had so far. he wouldn't put it past her to be petty enough to be a constant thorn in his side, evident by the direction she gives him.

a banette peels from his shadow, MEGA STONE pulsing with energy as it holds celesteela back with a powerful PSYCHIC. the ultra beast may retaliate but it stands no chance against the two of them.

but where there is one, more will soon follow.

he turns to his fellow underboss to quip,

"good enough for you?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 3:38:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She fixed him with an incredulous look, her naked dislike laid bare before him as she snorted.[break][break]

"I don't think you imagine me capable of much else," she said, watching as RUINATION encased the Celesteela in a large, glittering back dome. It built with the Mega-evolved Banette's PSYCHIC in a devastating blow, one that allowed her an opening to attempt to capture the offending creature.[break][break]

The Pokeball wobbled to and fro, a decisive 'ping' announcing its defeat.[break][break]

"Nor do I think you care about impressing me, Beckett. Not really."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 3:51:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"you think little of me."

or of herself? unlikely.

as the pokeball stills, banette floats high up to watch their surroundings. it rolls well on its perception check, allowing them a moment to converse.

"you're a fellow underboss, fiorelli. i care about your opinions as much as i do cillian's, and i find you equally capable."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:11:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A soft, incredulous laugh took hold of her as she shook her head of blonde curls. Her dark amusement was genuine in nature, reflected by the thin smile graced her lips as they departed.[break][break]

"Do you make similar offers to , then?" she inquired, lilting amusement singing in the question. "To anchor him, or to question his taste in companionship? Perhaps you are fine with his reliance on because he doesn't warm your bed, hm?"[break][break]

Her humor turned biting and vicious, harsh with judgment as she stalked forward.[break][break]

"Don't insult my intelligence. I may be tied to a more volatile Avatarship than most, but I'm not an imbecile. I can see things for what they are."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:22:33 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

volatile? quietly, he wonders if she had said it on purpose or if it slipped out unknowingly. it could mean nothing; it could mean everything. he chooses not to dwell on it.

"i'm sure that's what captain dross said before she lost control. but tell me, then."

he stalks after her.

"what do you see?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:32:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

So he didn't even deny it. He had no protest to give for how differently he treated her, no excuse, no retort.[break][break]

He knew.[break][break]

"I see a man who is afraid of things he can't control," she said simply and bluntly. "And I believe you want to control me, through whatever means necessary."[break][break]

Through her choice in companion. Through attempting to find his way into her bed. Through missions like this, where he couldn't find her company enjoyable in the slightest, but he pursued it anyway.[break][break]

"Am I wrong?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:59:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"you're not entirely wrong, though it isn't so much about control. there is simply a pecking order that needs to be followed; something you avatars seem to forget."

it leaves him coated in more disdain than intended because the truth is he fears them. she's right. he can chalk it up to duty and loyalty to the organization but he fears their power and how unpredictable they have proven to be.

"but, no, i don't want to control you."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 5:28:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She threw her head back and laughed, as if energized by the crackling electricity all around them. It could attract unwanted attention; she frankly didn't care. None of it mattered.[break][break]

"Do you think I don't know? That I'm only able to speak this bluntly due to the power I currently hold in this organization?"[break][break]

He'd surely remember how different those early interactions were, when he'd visited her in her little flower shop. She'd been a quiet, pensive admin, unwilling to speak her thoughts openly in front of a superior.[break][break]

"I saw the rungs that led to power, and I climbed them, same as you. Is that not the hierarchy you describe? The 'pecking order'?"[break][break]

Hadn't she kept her head down, been the good obedient grunt who never questioned orders? Hadn't she done whatever she was asked without protest?[break][break]

Hadn't it been the men who'd clamored during the Transfer of Power, throwing around opinions as if had ever once cared what they thought?[break][break]

Hadn't she betrayed , simply because this organization told her to?[break][break]

"If you're concerned I don't respect the organization's structure, rest assured: I understand how tenuous my place is here better than anyone else."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 6:34:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"you may understand and adhere to the structure but there is nothing that binds wo-chien the same way. that is what i'm afraid of—your wills being bent and shaped into something misaligned."

because for all the value they place in their avatars, they have very little in terms of contingencies should they ever step out of line, their knowledge limited. stretched.

he knows there's no use asking but he does so anyways.

"if you understand, then help me ensure the others do too, that they know stepping out of line could end disastrously and that their patrons wouldn't be enough to save them. that, fiorelli, is our role as underboss."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 1:05:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her eyebrows rose perceptively, somewhat surprised that he'd chosen to be so candid with her, and then equally perplexed at his chosen explanation.[break][break]

"Don't you think that's an oversimplification?" she asked, cocking her head at him. "To suggest either the will of the deity or the will of Rocket must be maintained, one held in higher esteem than the other?"[break][break]

It occurred to her then that likely had a different experience of Avatarships than her in multiple respects.[break][break]

He saw things like what happened to Kyogre from the outside, of course, but didn't comprehend the internal world that came with it. He'd never known the constant push-and-pull between Avatar and patron.[break][break]

She'd experienced that terrifying reality, not only in herself, but in 's mind that fateful day on Mt. Chimney. She'd seen the vindictiveness of a scorned patron punishing its former Avatar in . She'd seen how fickle and cruel her Ruinous Beast could be, setting its sights upon the way a Lycanroc eyed a Wooloo prime for slaughter.[break][break]

She'd seen duplicity among even the most benign of deities, Celebi's false compassion having mocked her most of all.[break][break]

"You forget that the divine judge harshly, too. They are far more arbitrary in how they dole out punishments, and therefore harder to predict than Rocket."[break][break]

The fulgurite in her hands tumbled to the ground, forgotten, as she continued to make her way through sparking wires towards the portal from whence they came.[break][break]

"Avatars must navigate both wills if they wish to survive. Ignore either, and we're due to suffer just the same."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]