awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:22:47 GMT
raphael dos plumas Avatar
[attr="class","rapha"]Despite all evidence to the contrary, Raph had a widely varied skillset, and was good at many things. So when his fortunes at the poker table were dogshit, his size, strength, and fists usually made up for whatever shortcomings lady luck might right hook his way.

Maybe it spoke to the state of his standards that coming out of a long night several dollars, a bundle of assorted items, and one black-eye richer was considered a win in his book; maybe it was the punch to the head (slipped under his guard, made slippery by copious amount of cheap whiskey) that stopped him from taking stock of his small trove of treasures.

What he’d thought at first was a giant chocolate egg-- which should have struck him as odd, a grown ass man knee-deep in petty crime carrying around a seven pound chocolate egg in a very convincing shell, but, again, recent head trauma-- was revealed, in the light of a late afternoon and some embarrassingly many frustrating attempts at cracking, to be real.

There he was, in just his boxers, on his shitty mattress on the floor of his shitty one-bedroom apartment, hungover and aching, with a full-ass baby Pokemon nestled in the crook of his knee. So he did what any well-intentioned, single male with kind-of-a-little-bit-of a crush on someone did, whenever they found themselves suddenly beholden of something of certain value, but perhaps not inherently to themselves: he put a bow on it. An old shitty white one, from some old shitty Christmas white-elephant passed around at the bar.

And he got dressed and he invited himself over to Mint’s.

He was not a complete heathen. He stopped on the way to pick up a smattering of foodstuffs that could be fashioned into a decent, if rather rough, brunch; not a $60 dollar mimosa pitcher kind, but the kind he was familiar with from his youth, syrupy-sweet and carb-loaded and smacked together while bumping elbows and lovingly gruffing each other over a hot pan. The kind that gets into your bones and sticks to your ribs and makes you want to take a nap.

Rolling up to Mint’s apartment and returning the leer of the doorman with a smoke-filled grin of his own, he reshouldered his many grocery bags to free a hand to knock, hoping to god the boy was home, but preparing himself for the walk of shame should he not be.

Herbie looked up over the egg he held in his arms, serpent smile slightly sadistic, feeding off the anxiety Raph was trying to keep hidden.

“Yeah, yeah,” Raph growled under his breath, wishing for a cigarette, “shuddup.”

[attr="class","raphatag"]
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.rapha] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha b] color: #D68C45; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 0:20:41 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

It had been a rough last month. Work had ramped up. He was splitting his time between contests and the occasional stream into Area Zero. And the echoes of Galarian Articuno haunted his dreams. Unintentionally. He hoped anyway. Since then, the bird had gone dormant, probably out of lack of interest or, as Mint thought more hopefully, to allow its avatar time for rest. [break][break]

And rest, Mint had. When he could. Happily, he'd taken a few slower days leading into a long, long weekend where he could sleep in, clean up a couple week's worth of chores around the apartment, and get in some cozy game streaming. [break][break]

At least, that had been the plan. Standing amidst a messy hall full of piles of clothes he needed to sort through hand wash, he heard the door knock. Idly he wondered if that was food delivery. Then he remembered he hadn't ordered anything. Nor was he expecting a package. He creeps quietly towards the door, only for Zabaglione to throw himself towards the front door barking excitedly. [break][break]

Gelato followed, idly stretching his body and all 9 tails before settling down to watch the door and howl for Mint's attention. "So much for checking the peephole first." he muttered as he retied the ponytail and tugged on a loose fitting crew neck over his crop top. Billowy cotton swallows him up, having purposefully bought it 2 or 3 sizes too large. Who needed a snuggie when you could just buy XL. He tries to tug down his yoga shows down his thighs for decency before moving to calm down his dogs. "Coming!" he yelled, snapping his fingers for Zaba to move back and for Gelato to shut up. [break][break]

He opens the door a crack squinting before quickly craning his neck up. His frown widened into an immediate smile as he greeted the visitor. "Raph- hi!" There's a pause and then he shuts the door a little bit more trying to hide the state of his living room. "W-what brings you here? And- hiiii~" he said smiling once more once he saw the Snivy. [break][break]

He doesn't want to turn him away, but he doesn't want him inside either. Not when his place was so messy. He tugs the falling crewneck up his shoulder. "Uhh, if you come in just- you know- close your eyes for a minute ok?" he said as he turned back to the mess, shooing off his dogs who ignored him, and immediately moved forward to sniff and bark at Raphael. Mint trusts Raph won't peek as he makes a mad dash for a laundry basket and begins simply picking things off the ground and tossing it in to put in a corner and deal with later. "Kitchen's clear! Have anything you like." While his fridge was nearly empty, Mint's kitchen and pantry often had a rather nice selection of snacks and airplane bottles of liquor. For fun.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/85/b0/6IJM3zW2_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
nursing on a poison that never stung
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
lay me gently in the cold, dark earth
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 0:43:08 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]A symphony goes off behind the door. Raph’s slight scowl breaks into a huge grin. “Eat shit, Herb,” he mutters under his breath to his Snivy, who harrumphs in a well-delivered defeat.

“Hey, stranger,” he says, when Mint opens the door, one eyebrow arched in a pointed, yet polite way.

They haven’t seen each other in a minute. Their communications have been all digital. Raph respects Mint, respects his space and his life; but he also cares about him, and so their distance has been… mildly concerning.

I noticed, his tone says, and I missed you.

In lieu of speaking his feelings like a normal, functioning human being, he holds up his plethora of bags and says, “I brought brunch.”

Mint welcomes him in with some reticence. Raph playfully rolls his eyes, but does as he is bid and turns his back to the apartment at large. “Mint, I don’t even have a box spring,” he says, and wants to go on about how Mint’s apartment could never be even remotely as grubby as his own, but realizes that might not be a good look for him. He sets down his grocery bags and alternates rubbing at the red lines on his forearms with holding his palm out for the canine Pokemon to sniff, greeting them with soft words as Herbie marched past them with his arm full of egg.

“Do you feel like sweet or savory?” Raph asks, then remembers. “Oh, yeah. Gotcha a present.”

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.rapha] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha b] color: #D68C45; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.rapha u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.raphatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 1:02:16 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

The purple Zigzagoon has no concerns for the Snivy and races straight to Raphael, familiar with his scent. The pudgy boy had clocked the man's scent ages ago, having been the one to proudly steal a shirt of his and squirreling it away for Mint. A joke that had gone on far too long. Mint still had it... [break][break]

Gelato on the other hand gave Raphael a proper sniff, as guarded as Mint was, but making it more obvious. The Alolan Ninetails is quick to put distance between them, moving to sniff and herd the Snivy and the egg.

Mint is still rushing, clearing the laundry and setting the machines into their cycles before shoving everything to the side in his room. He comes back only slightly flushed with color and moves to greet Raphael properly. "Hehe, another tithe? What's the occasion this time?" he asked as he helped pick up the groceries and began digging in to organize them. He knew why. He'd been avoidant, full of excuses. Hiding bruises and gashes the man might find if Mint wasn't careful. Raphael, after all, was a dangerous man. Not because of his fists or his strength, but because he had a way about him that made Mint vulnerable. [break][break]

And he hated that. The vulnerable part, not-...not him. [break][break]

So he was careful because maybe Raph didn't get what exactly was on his mind, but sometimes he looked at him in a way that felt like he sensed more than Mint let on. But then again, maybe Mint was being paranoid. Maybe it was nothing. He wants to ignore it. He'd missed him too, after all. [break][break]

"Huh? Late birthday present?" he asked, trying to remember if Raphael even knew it. Gods, what had he even done on his birthday this year? Definitely celebrated it late.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/85/b0/6IJM3zW2_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 1:37:49 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]“Another tithe, willingly given,” Raph affirmed, stepping into the kitchen and laying out ingredients. He caught a flash of his reflection in the stainless steel mirror and noted his eye was less puffy, but starting to turn yellow. “In exchange for your presence, my lord.”

I wanted to see you died on his tongue.

“Well, it’s… fuck, I dunno. Some sorta holiday, I’m sure.” He nudged Herbie forward with his stockinged foot as he began to make a sweet, cinnamon-y batter, fishing out booze from another bag as he stirred with one hand.

“Are you a bloody mary or a gummy bear kinda gal, mitten?”

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 2:27:45 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I suppose that's the least I can offer in exchange for this fine meal." Mint returned with dramatic flair. He didn't worry too much about the why in the end. He just makes a mental note to ask him out later. Soon. By phone call. After all, he wasn't uninterested, just...busy. And hopefully a lot less busy now without a legendary bird wreaking havoc on his mental psyche.[break][break]

As the Snivy waddled up, with Gelato and Zabaglione watching curiously ( Gelato has a paw on Zabaglione so the excitable pup wouldn't bump into the grass type ), Mint stopped his work. His eyes briefly move over to Raphael before replying with a quick, "Gummy bear, all the way baby." [break][break]

He crouched down towards the serpent like pokemon. "Whatcha got there, sweetie?" he said, looking over the egg in his grasp and carefully offering to take it from his hands. He waits for affirmation before carefully picking it up and hugging the egg gently. "You been to the daycare recently?" e asked, looking over the shell. Some scuff marks, maybe a stain that he could polish off easily. No warmth. Not that it's a bad thing. "It's not that far along." he noted, hefting it up once or twice to judge the weight. [break][break]

"Kind of big...species is probably large too." he noted. "Where'd you find this?" he asked, looking down at Herbie.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 14:25:34 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]He grinned across the tables and counters at Mint, familiar with the sarcasm, the twist of his mouth, the lift of his brow. Like coming home, something scary says, and he has to turn away and clear his throat.

Setting battered bread to sizzle in a warming pan, he busies himself making a fizzy, clear concoction of splashes of three different kinds of alcohol and some mixer.

Herbie holds up the heavy egg in his liddol arms, biting back a sigh when it he is finally free of his burden.

“Uhh,” Raph says, in an extreme display of articulation, as he moves back to the pan to flip the french toast. “Won it in a card game.” There, that was true. “I wouldn’t know th’ first thing about Pokemon eggs and, well, yer very smart and probably a whole hell of a lot more gentle than I would be. Thought I’d give the thing a fightin’ chance, you know?”

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 21:35:53 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

The smell of cinnamon fills the air as Raphael cooks. Mint snickers at the poor Snivy before Gelato lets Zabaglione free, and they rush to harass the little grass type. Careful with the egg, Mint takes a grateful sip of his drink before humming in approval. "It's good. You a bartender at your day job? Or- I guess- night job?" he asked with a laugh before carefully setting the glass back on the counter and going back to examining the egg.[break][break]

"Huh?!" A card game? How valuable a species was in this thing? Mint didn't recognize any of the markings so he couldn't be totally sure. Mint let out another laugh. "Not that smart." he huffed as he moved closer to look over Raphael's work, hungry as the bread fried.[break][break]

"Aww Raph," he said, the egg tucked safely against his side and one arm. The other arm reached up to drag his fingers down the man's spine. "You're plenty gentle with me." he said before moving to find something to swaddle the egg with. Though Gelato had already done that, bring him something to cushion and warm the egg. A colorful blanket he could easily tie around it. [break][break]

"I'm pretty good at breeding, you know?" he said as he adjusted the egg.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 16:32:03 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]Herbie makes a face and recoils, pulling his arms to him and shrinking away from the sniffing snoots. He tolerates it, though, because there’s a rule on Raph’s team where you have to take your losses, and Herb had bet money on Mint avoiding Raph again. So he winced and endured and Raph winked at him from across the kitchen.

“Both,” he said, flipping toast and cracking eggs, “mostly I do door work but I have been known to pour a whiskey or two.” Or three or four or ten or twenty.

He clicks his tongue when Mint strikes against his own intelligence. “You are too. And, anyway, you’ve got a good, strong team, from what I’ve seen. My motley crew wouldn’t know how to raise a kid if it bit them in the ass.”

Herbie shoots out a quick vine to smack Raph in the back of the head at being called motley. Raph rubs the spot, scowling. "Case in fuckin' point."

He turned his head to the side to drop a quick, chaste kiss on blue hair before Mint swept away, though the next words out of the smaller man’s mouth made all his chaste thoughts evaporate like water on a hot engine.

“Oh, yeah?” he said, battling the urge to lick his lips by paying extra close attention to the food. “Do tell.”

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 0:36:48 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Gelatto watches, barking once to call Zabaglione off the grass type now that it was smacking around its human. The little racoon darts back and past the Ninetails to retrieve its stuffy to share with Herbie. For now, he is free. "Getting paid to bring in customers?" Mint asked as he hoisted the egg up his chest, adding warmth to the mystery pokemon. [break][break]

The little vine smack earns a small snort from Mint as he looked down at the grass type. "What'd you expect if you're rude to him?" he asked before adding, "So, you want me to do all the work, then pick up the kid for fun weekends at dad's?"
[break][break]

Mint is more than happy to share this part of his past with the man. "Used to be a full time breeder." he stated proudly. "When I first moved to Hoenn, I had a lot of part times until I eventually got a permanent gig at the daycares. I'd travel sometimes to cover other places but mostly Lilycove." he looked to Gelatto before the ice type brings him a pokeball. The door to his room opens revealing Zabaglione running around playing with a squeaky toy before Gelatto returned. He lets out a Centiskorch who curls elegantly to adjust to the cramps apartment. "Can you warm this little guy up?" he asked as he deposited the egg in the bug types care. The huge worm moves over to the balcony, curling up and deciding to take a nap while they helped the egg.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 16:47:28 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]Herbie is torn. He would honestly rather die than scuttle over to Raph for safety. But the crusty looking stuffed toy Zabaglione is picking up looks really rather gross. Surely he’d already lost this round enough? He turns his slightly desperate eyed glare on Mint, nose tipped downward, tiny hands gripping empty air. You have no idea what I have to put up with, he seems to be saying.

“More like getting paid to throw out customers, once they become more trouble than they’re worth,” Raph says, stacking finished Kalosian toast on a plate and starting on the eggs. He can’t flip an omelet to save his ass so its scrambled all the way.

What Mint says next strikes something in Raph’s chest, so sharp his breath catches; he covers his inhale with the sizzling of bacon freshly added to a hot pan. It’s less general orphan trauma and more like Mint’s skipping twenty-six steps and rolling into a future where they’ve already been together, married, and divorced. It sounds so stupid in Raph’s head that he laughs, loud and genuine, because how pathetic could he possibly be?

“Naw,” he says, moving away from the stove to finish mixing Mint’s drink-- orange juice, peach schnapps, raspberry vodka, shaken and poured over ice (he uses a small wire sifter as a straining net)-- and push it over the counter towards him, “I want you to do all the work an’ then reap the reward with whatever comes outta that thing.”

Thankfully, Mint does explain himself, and it makes enough sense for the lizard part of Raph’s brain to calm down and go back to slumbering. Thank god, because he didn’t want to ruin breakfast by bending Mint over the counter and--

--“Uh, is that something you… liked to do?” Raph asked, returning to the stove and trying to summon enough propriety to stave off the horny demons. “Bree-- uh, daycare things. Before you came to Hoenn?”

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 3:09:51 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint can only interpret Herbie's begrudging gesture as one thing: uppies. And who is he to deny him. Especially when Zabaglione finally scrambles back towards the kitchen, old toy in hand with rand new drool. He is careful not to startle the Snivy, taking a pause before turning his head to protect his face and scooping up the grass type. He hoists him up as easily as he could Zaba, and patted toe walking snape before setting him on the countertop, the one with all the barstools set up so Herbie could watch Raphael cook as a height his Zigzagoon couldn't reach him. "Here you go, kiddo." he said as he dropped him off before turning back to Raph. [break][break]

Gelatto grumbles, once again jealous of the smaller pokemon's size and casts a mixed glare at the grass type. Something between a 'i hate you' and 'don't you dare' which is hard for a fox that anxious. "Oooh, I was thinking promoted since you're always wearing the button ups. I guess bouncer works too." he said, smelling the bacon smoke and going to turn on the fan as Raphael laughed. His teasing is just that: teasing. He has no idea the domestic mental image he's given Raph. Even if their current moment in time was rather domestic. But Mint doesn't hold the thought, not ready to think about their time together like that. [break][break]

Mint takes his cocktail eagerly. The mixed drink is refreshing. The taste of liquor expertly hidden. And the overall citrus flavor is a nice company o the oncoming brunch. Better than bottomless mimosas. Though Raphael seemed like the type to take him to one. "Really? It could be a super rare pokemon~ Something that sells with the rich kids for looots~" he said in a sing song voice. "You won it after all." [break][break]

"Yeah, I love breeding. Not as much time for it now though." he said with a nod, looking over at his Centiskorch and the mystery egg before ack at his guest chef. "Oh- no, it was Hoenn exclusive. Before Hoenn-" he faltered, trying to think of something he actually enjoyed before the region came into play. "I didn't really have many hobbies before Hoenn. Loads more free time." he said bouncing right back.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Ceej

raph, rafe
He/him
August 3
castelia, unova
Pansexual
ORTHRUS Meat shield
Vibe checker
you and i
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @raphael
raphael dos plumas
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:02:22 GMT
[attr="class","rapha"]Herbie opens his mouth and makes a silent noise of dismay as Mint scoops him up, letting his head loll back in embarrassed disgust. But once he’s up there… hey. This isn’t half bad. He gets a very smart idea and changes tactics, snuggling his serpine head against Mint’s neck, feeling the warmth of Mint’s pulse against his cheek, and waggles his eyebrows-- such as they are-- at Raph, who is trying his damndest to not look jealous of a goddamn snake.

It doesn’t last long. Herbie is set on top of a stool, and he leans an elbow on the counter and continues to flash his smarmy grin at Raph, who is furiously scrambling eggs.

“I like how I look in suits, cheap as they are,” Raph says, “an’ the buttons come loose easy if someone grabs it while they’re fighting back.” He smoothes a hand over the cotton of his t-shirt in an unconscious gesture, palming at a chest pocket where his cigarettes would be normally.

“So what if it is?” he asks, turning around to plate Kalosan toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon, and sliding it over to Mint. “It’s a gift. It’s yours, now.”

Unfortunately, with all the cooking done, he has no respite from the fact that Mint is still talking about goddamn breeding, holy sweet god, is there anything else to cook? Focus, Dos Plumas, focus.

He catches Mint’s stumble but doesn’t say anything about it, not caring, really. If Mint wanted to keep his past a mystery, that was on him. It didn’t bother Raph at all. Honestly and genuinely, he did not give a fuck. What a body did was their own business.

“Did you, uh, breed--,” he manages to get the word out with minimal flushing or stuttering, thank christ, “all your Pokemon?”

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 2:59:48 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I like how you look in suits too." Mint offered watching Herbie get comfortable just as Zabaglione whined and stared up at the grass type on the other side of the counter. Gelatto had converged onto a plush spot in the living, keeping watch of the two smaller pokemon in the form of one eye open, ready to go back to snoozing. "But let me know if you want something more comfortable than business wear." he said, always happy to provide. [break][break]

The smell of warm food fills the kitchen, and wafts up and out towards the balcony. Mint takes another sip of his cocktail before picking out a fork and knife from one of his drawers and beginning to eat. "If you insist, I'll keep it." he assured him, making a mental note to take him out somewhere nice if it really was rare. Maybe KASUMI'S EATERY. He'd gone to visit the place once or twice after the BOOTY BUMP Contest. He attacks the main course first, eagerly biting into fluffy, sweet toast. The smell of cinnamon and syrup kickstarting a bit of drooling he quickly hid by pulling out a paper towel to wipe his mouth with. [break][break]

"No, only some of them. A lot I just happened to find." he said with a laugh before nodding over at his Ninetails. "Gelatto I found in the middle of a blizzard, screaming and crying. Though he was lost but he was pretty tame for a wild pokemon. Must've been abandoned." he said with a shrug. "And you know Cacio, that guy found me too." Zabaglione barks, pleading with Herbie to come down. Mint grinned before taking another bite of the Kalosian toast and added, "Zabaglione I scooped out of the trash somewhere because he'd gotten stuck in some plastic bags." [break][break]

He cuts up another piece and holds it out to Raphael. "Want a taste? You made it after all."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | reference any of the organizations listed in the local hoenn guidebook thread, or any on-site player-led business.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights