rysa

Neon
He/Him
July 6
Nimbasa City (Unova)
Heterosexual
5'5" height
5'5" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
8 posts
coal doe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coal
coal doe
New Game+ [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 17:42:35 GMT
coal doe Avatar
"And you better not tell my real name to anyone else," Lights stuck a finger in Caleb's direction as they walked out of the main ranger HQ. Slateport wasn't his mug of beer, but not like he had a real say in the matter right now. Even if he was officially a part of the defector program, he was still, by definition, a wanted criminal. A felon.

Just meant he got community service instead of jail time. Oh, and a pair of eyes on his back wherever he went. That's why he kept his mask on, which his fingers wormed under to scratch his chin. "Or I'll..."

He stopped abruptly, and his duffle bag nearly crumpled his back knee. Fuck. What could he even do? Rocket, despite being very evil and obviously bad, let you thraten your fellow grunt without so much as a second glance from higher ups (if you could justify it). Gave them a certain weight. Nice when you dished 'em out to the young ones and terrifying when they got sent your way.

Yet another tool taken from his toolbox. "I'll... come up with something."

"Something perfectly legal and not at all physically violent," he said with a slightly raised head. As if he wanted someone else to hear it. Because he did. Because he didn't want to get pulled from the program for even a single half-thought out threat. Everyone so far had made that perfectly clear, to a point where he wanted to gouge their eyes out for how often they repeated it.

Arceus, just let him pull some Glameow's out of a tree, or pick up trash in the park, or whatever. None of this paperwork bullshit. Lame as hell.

"So, where's the place I'm stayin' again?" He swung his bag up and over his shoulder, careful not to dome himself with the wooden bat that jutted awkwardly out. One of the few things he managed to salvage before he went rogue. "Do I got to share a room with someone?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
New Game+ [M]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 16:17:01 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

"If you think I'm the only person in the League who's going to learn your legal name, you're delusional, buddy."[break][break]
Caleb rolled his eyes as "Lights" threatened him, leading him along the streets of Slateport like he was a lost Yamper and Caleb his only chance at a bowl of kibble. The man was harmless, Caleb knew. Well, okay, not in general, but harmless to him. Caleb had saved his life, and he'd done so with flourish. He was confident the Rocket defector would do just about everything he told him to do - within reason.[break][break]
And Caleb was reasonable. He'd been in Coal's exact shoes a few years ago.[break][break]
They rounded a corner, and the familiar sight of the Slateport Ranger headquarters came into view. Caleb let out a sigh of relief he hadn't realized he'd been holding - glad to finally make it to a truly safe haven - and moved to hold the door open for his new companion.[break][break]
"You'll need to stay in Slateport for a week or so," Caleb told him. "While your paperwork processes. Then we'll get you set up in some League-sponsored Amnesty housing in Ever Grande."[break][break]
He turned to face Coal, a devious grin spreading across his face.[break][break]
"I volunteered to take you in. So you won't be rid of me just yet."[break][break]
Defection was a tricky thing: one wrong move - one broken promise - and a man like Coal would go crawling back to Rocket, groveling for forgiveness. It was easy to be a criminal, once a person got a taste of the lifestyle; much harder to commit to being a better person, beholden to the law...harder to protect instead of harm. But if there was one thing Caleb knew better than most, it was how worth it the process of re-integration could feel.[break][break]
Redemption was a mercy very few were ever afforded. He'd prove that to Coal, one way or another.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

Neon
He/Him
July 6
Nimbasa City (Unova)
Heterosexual
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
8 posts
coal doe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coal
coal doe
New Game+ [M]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 17:03:59 GMT
coal doe Avatar
Lights rolled his hidden eyes and cursed underneath the safety of his mask. Not fucking Mr. Hotknife. One half of him berated himself for expecting literally anything else. Of course this guy was gonna offer to house him. Fellow defectors, shared a moment, the whole nine yards. There wasn’t any other feasible outcome.

The other half knew it was for the best, as much as it made him want to bash his own skull in with a rock. “Gee, wonder why a fellow defector would want to house a current defector. Surely there are no ulterior motives here. Keep me honest, hey Mr. Hotknife?

Not gonna go back. Not now, not never,” he said with a fire in his voice, as he entered the proper Ranger HQ, “Even if I wanted to. You know how we first met, when I was running for my damn life? Didn’t happen cause I stole someone’s sandwich from the fridge, and their friends got pissed.

Killed four of my group,” he whispered. Not out of desire to keep that hidden, but to not alarm the staff. “Cold blood. I go back, they’ll do everyone a favor and send me on a deep dive with concrete shoes.

A lose-lose situation for him. Submit, or forfeit his life. Only this time, submitting didn’t mean he lost moral or ethical obligations. It was better this way. Meant he had no choice, he had to stay honest like a good little noodle. Roll over, play fetch, don’t piss on the carpet, whatever the League, and Caleb, asked.

Didn’t mean he had to like it. That’s why he shoved a fist into his pocket and let Caleb show the way again, further into the building. At least the ranger couldn’t see Lights’ scowl.

I DAMN YOU TO POST PRISON!!!!!!!!!!!
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
New Game+ [M]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 17:54:46 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Four. He killed four.[break][break]
Caleb zipped right past reception, stopping only briefly to wink at the secretary (Lydia? Was her name Lydia? Or maybe it was Laura...shit, he was the worst), then continued herding Coal down the main hallway. As they passed 's door, he felt a pang of guilt; it had been quite a while since he'd spent any quality time with his friend and colleague...and yet, Orion wasn't exactly keen on welcoming new Rocket defectors, so it was probably for the best that he wasn't in that day.[break][break]
Finally, they reached Caleb's office. He ushered Coal inside and closed the door with a decisive click.[break][break]
"Sit," he pointed at the chair facing his desk. Yikes, there was a lot of paperwork on there. When was the last time he'd actually worked from his office? He could barely remember.[break][break]
Caleb unceremoniously shoved the neglected stacks of reports aside, clearing the desk, and then took the seat across from Coal.[break][break]
"Story time!" he declared, with mock enthusiasm. "Before I make you sign anything, I want to hear exactly what happened. Don't worry about incriminating yourself. This part's just between you and me."[break][break]
He paused, then softened his tone, blue eyes reflecting the sort of compassion that could only be felt by a co-conspirator, someone who truly understood who they were talking to.[break][break]
"You made a very brave, and very difficult, choice. I want to know why."[break][break]
The "why" is what matters, not the "how".
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

Neon
He/Him
July 6
Nimbasa City (Unova)
Heterosexual
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
8 posts
coal doe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coal
coal doe
New Game+ [M]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 18:17:44 GMT
coal doe Avatar
What’s there to say?” Lights entered the room behind Caleb, and half-dropped-half-threw his meager bag of belongings next to the chair. He flopped down into the comfy seat and threw his feet up and around, to rest on the lip of the desk. At least his high-tops looked clean, like he’d just polished them after a basketball game at the gym.

Knew I couldn’t just run off. Figured I’d do some good for the League by takin’ out the trash. They were scum, probably ten times worse than I ever was,” he explained. “Should’ve been five, if anything, but I fucked up my priorities.

And for why… y’know can’t put my finger on it,” he leaned back and rested his head on his arms, “if I had to say, probably the women. A lot hotter on the yellow side. Beer’s better too. Though, Rocket did have some damn good baseball players, so that held me back for quite a while...

His voice reeked of sarcasm, yet despite the clown mask, it felt anything but comedic. Lights chuckled at the thought, “Say, scale of one to ten, how much does the clown mask improve my answers?

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights