all that glitters [mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2018 11:12:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

what a dreadful city.

for how big it was, mauville was much too claustrophobic. under any other circumstances, the anticipation leading up to the start of a mission might have kept sylvan in high spirits, but for the moment they could only wish they were anywhere but here. on top of the city itself, for the nature of their assignment, they'd been forced to clean up a bit... the bar was low, but for such a supposedly grand heist, blending in meant they couldn't be running around looking like they'd crawled out of a dumpster.

their current getup — black slacks and a white button-down — was hardly the most restrictive outfit one could imagine, but it was out of the ordinary for them. looking so explicitly male wasn't something they enjoyed, but money was money, status was status, and orders were orders. they'd live.

they did feel somewhat out of place sitting around in the food court like this, though. surely their partner would be there soon, right? at least this time the higher-ups had made them aware that they were meant to wait around for backup. they lazed out on the cheap table before them with their chin in their hands, mouth wrapped around the straw they'd plunged into the smoothie they'd ordered some minutes earlier. these gems or whatever... sylvan could only hope they'd be pretty remarkable.

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 8:07:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Frankly, Iris thinks that she's above a jewelry heist. What are they, poors? She considers it an insult that Team Rocket couldn't simply buy out the entire store. The gods do not have to prove their power.

(The gods do not have to prove their love.)

Iris arrives to the store dressed to the nines. Her laced shoes are made of the finest Taurus leather, and her blouse is Larvesta silk. Her single ponytail furls behind her as she is blasted by the air conditioning.

She doesn't need a partner, but Iris is curious. Who is this boy, which the bosses regard as her equal? She has to know.  She wanders the place for all of thirty minutes before she finds whom she's looking for. 

Green hair is easy to identify, though Iris wishes that he wasn't. Apathy radiated from every angle, and nothing about the droopiness of his expression inspires any confidence.

Iris feels herself becoming very tired. Also, irritated. "On second thought, I can handle this by myself. You stay here, and don't wander too far."

@sylv
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 13:18:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

truthfully, sylvan hadn't even noticed her before she spoke, but her pointed bitching instantly caught their attention. it was a good thing she announced herself... good for them, anyway. now that they'd set eyes on her, there wasn't a doubt in their mind that she was the person they'd been waiting for.

they gave her a once-over before finally locking eyes. if such a thing was possible, the combination of her appearance and tone actually made the energy around them drop even further. they maintained their stare for several seconds, barely moving, the contents of the transparent cup before them being depleted all the while.

so this is what they were working with. her negativity fed their own, but at least her condescension acted as a motivator. outright defiance was as good as anything else as long as it got them out of their seat, but it didn't spell a positive outlook for their partnership.

"nah." they'd been looking forward to finally moving. sitting around wasn't doing them any favors with regards to the nervous energy they'd been saving up. no use wasting any more time. "you know where we're headed, right? ...also, do you want any of this? it's strawberry mango."

※ shitpost hours. my brain on curfew but my fingers aren't. sry

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 6:28:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Iris stares at the cup for all of five seconds before accepting it and taking a sip. Not bad. She's still holding the cup when they arrive in front of Hoyne: a subsidiary holding of the Devon Corporation. They are making dangerous enemies, but Iris has no fear of humans.

She leads the both of them past the guards. After that, the civilized face falls off. An elderly man stands at the counter, ready to assist them. "What can I do for you today, young lady?"

Iris demands sacrifice. She sets the smoothie cup upon the glass counter.

"Relinquish all of your evolutionary stones, or I'll burn down this entire store." She enuciates clearly and mirthlessly. "Make the choice that you can live with."

Alarms go off immediately. He must have hit a panic button. A pity. She would otherwise have spared the old and the feeble.

@sylv
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2018 12:03:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

as soon as she accepts their offering, sylvan is smiling. still in a poor mood? absolutely, but they know better than anyone that it's real hard to fuck up a strawberry mango smoothie. it's a fine segue. anything that gets their foot in the door is good enough.

minutes later they're ragdolling against the pristine glass counter of mauville's hoyne enterprises, chin propped up on both hands, as though their partner isn't initiating grand theft. she makes the demands. that's fine.

things don't go well. that's fine, too. if sylvan has learned one thing, it's that the universe seems to have a lot of luck to spare for an idiot or two. they'd gotten this far somehow. if nothing else, the alarms instill a sense of urgency, and urgency means it's fine to act.

"ah... might as well have fun with it, right?"

a ball in each hand. two flashes of light. flygon on one side, ralts on the other. they immediately scoop up the smaller of the two, coddling her in a way that doesn't suit the situation at all.

"flower, psychic. the glass. dusty... well, you know."

the casing around the store, while surely theft-proof from a normal standpoint, isn't enough to withstand an attack on an energetic level. in one percussive blast, glass pearls and falls around them. the flygon's practiced supersonic resonates throughout the area and beyond. racing against time, all that's left is to start grabbing, and that's exactly what the two of them are there to do.

they leave the bloodshed to their partner, for now.

@iris