He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
416 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
The Border: Extended Stays
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 2:45:18 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
From the looks of things, Zach had kept his word about keeping the portal a secret. But maybe after this, they should report it and lie if asked if they explored it. He was a bit better prepared for a fight this time. Dragapult had proved his worth time and again. Gengar had been quite useful as well with Hypnosis. Chandelure for utility and burning. Aegislash for a combination of overwhelming power and defense. And then his ace in Trevenant. And that's all he needed to say. For now, he just needed to wait for the blue haired boy to come in. Packed in his backpack was some basic supplies, including food in a couple of bento boxes. Who knows if they'll get hungry. Or end up spending the night. The blonde waited patiently for Zach to show up. 

When he did, Aaron nodded at the guy. "Ready to dive in?"

Starter Trevenant, Aegislash, Gengar, Drifblim (2), Chandelure, Dragapult

20 attempt to spend the "night", surviving the elements or any threats.

22 cultivate a farm or garden to grow plants for resources or the deterrent of threats.

26 encounter/engage with a gargantuan golurk with a bloody spiked shield on its back. when it finds lost spirits, it grabs them to impale on its spike, cleaning the border of stubborn souls.

29 encounter shadowy copies of yourselves or your pokemon that mimic movement, form, and more.

Special Hunt: Marshadow (Aaron Only)
close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 17:28:09 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zachary1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Zachary took a similar route as he kept nearby, intending to help Aaron in his quest to explore more of that other dimension. The place to travel made things a bit more difficult, but he came prepared this time. He had pokemon more useful for not just combat, but also survival and versatility. He now flew in-- and Aaron would be able to see him. A large SIGILYPH that flew overhead and began its descent. It was as big as an braviary if not bigger, being the ancient guardian of a lost city that Zachary caught on a trek through the routes. As the wind blew and it lowered down, Zachary showed on its back, looking at Aaron. [break][break] "Hey, Aaron! How you doing?" Zachary greeted cheerfully. He hopped off Sigilyph's back-- to which he still had to name the big mysterious bird-psychic creature. He didn't really know how to identify the big bird, but it was one of his most amazing pokemon he had captured. He also had a few new ones with him that might be of help on this quest. [break][break] Dizzy was with him too, hopping off the SIGILYPH's Back. But most notably was that Arron would notice a creature on Zachary's shoulder. An adorable Hoothoot that clung there, being a pleasant companion for the boy. The Hoothoot gave a friendly coo towards Aaron, greeting him in a 'hoothoot' way. [break][break] His pokemon were different from what he had brought before-- feeling to keep Tarot, his Kadabra on a timeout for his somewhat grumpy behavior last time. His usual pokemon could use a break at the Berry Farm. It gave him a chance to try some new Pokemon, and give them the attention and growth they needed. [break][break] More so, the pokemon he choose had traits to help them survive the harsh environment. NOt that he'd go anywhere without Dizzy, his partner pokemon. [break][break] "Yeah. Let's go. Best we go in the same way we came. I didn't bring Tarot with me-- unless you want me to try teleporting us again to where we were..." Zachary said with impish jest-- recalling how Aaron didn't exactly react well to Kadabra's teleporting. He threw up after ward, which Zachary regretted but couldn't help but laugh a little at that. [break][break] With a flying Pokemon like Sigilyph, however, and some of the others, they shouldn't have a problem. He recalled Sigilyph, prepared to use him after they got to the other side of the portal-- and he still had one new Pokemon that could teleport just in case...

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Expedition 2.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]--accent:#1f8999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
416 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 3:45:33 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Zach came in on a huge Sigilyph. "I'm good. Yourself?" In addition, there was Dizzy the Delphox, Aaron nodding in awcknowledgement, and the blonde doing the same to the Hoothoot. Two new pokemon that Ace had seen Zach used. Guy seemed to favor psychic type Pokemon. Hoothoot may not be a psychic type, but it did learn a lot of psychic type moves. Plus Foresight. Maybe not a battler, though he could always be wrong, but still very useful. Zach answered his call to arms. Although...hanging up a single hand as if to say stop, he answered the jest. "No thank you. Once was enough for me. I think it safer to just float down." Aaron revealed his Drifblim again, the same one was last time. The big balloon blocked the waterfall for everyone before joining its master. Then into the portal they went.

The mist was gone, making it much easier to see the platforms and the translucent bridges that connected most of them. In the distance, he did see the wooden one that they had crossed last time. There was a platform somewhat close by that he wanted to float to first. Pointing at it, he hoped Zach saw where he was pointing at. If nothing else, where he was floating at. The platform was semi-out of the way, with only a single bridge off it. Though there was another one close enough for even the boys to potentially jump to if necessary. It also had a fresh spring, grasses, lillies, and a couple of small bushes in the center. And something feeding a top part for a small waterfall. Setting down, he felt that they were being watched. But nothing harmful or ominious. Yet. Aaron left some minor supplies, namely a small tent and gathered enough loose rock for a campfire later. He also released Dragapult. "Drifblim, you stay here and defend this area. Try to convince anything that comes near to leave first, then strike if they refuse." With a nod, the balloon simply started to circle the place.

It was two platforms before they got to the one with the wooden bridge. Ace thought it was a bit quiet between them though. "Where you from? You don't sound like you're a local. I originated from Johto, Olivine City..." Might as well get to know the guy a little bit. Especially since he volunteered to join him in this little expedition.

22 cultivate a farm or garden to grow plants for resources or the deterrent of threats.

26 encounter/engage with a gargantuan golurk with a bloody spiked shield on its back. when it finds lost spirits, it grabs them to impale on its spike, cleaning the border of stubborn souls.

29 encounter shadowy copies of yourselves or your pokemon that mimic movement, form, and more.

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 4:31:27 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Their return through the waterfall and the portal was just like before, ending with the open sky below them like some kind of sub-terrainain world! THis time, Zachary was prepared as he once again released Sigilyph! The ball released the massive psychic bird-like construct as Zachary and Dizzy landed on it's back. Without a complaint, the ancient bird construct flew them along with Driftbloom to the ground where Arron led. [break][break] They were now in a small grove that Arron wanted to make their 'base camp'. As they touched down and Zachary jumped off the bird's back, he recalled it again, not wishing to let their location easily seen with the giant Sigilyph around. It was a decent place to set up as Dizzy and Hoothoot looked around. [break][break] As Aaron ordered his Drifbloom to guard the perimeter, Zachary shrugged. "Or you can have camflauge do the job by growing some more plants and greenery?" Zachary corrected, suggesting they could use some of their wits to use nature to their advantage. [break][break] He then took out another Pokeball taking out his newer pokemon, marked by a Pokeball labeled with "III" on it. [break][break] "Help out, Eden!" Zachary called and tossed the ball into the air. The ball opened with its light, and from it appeared a very large, and very elegant looking Leafeon. THe Leafeon gave a silent glance to Zachary, radiating serenity and peace in the presence of Zachary. It had come a long way when Zachary had found her. Zachary approached her, and she nodded her head as Zachary gave her a loving pat. "Eden, think you can use your powers to nurture some of the plants here/ Keep an eye on this area while we explore a bit and keep the Driftbloom company okay?" Zachary asked. [break][break] The Leafeon looked to Zachary, and in a regal 'sphynx' like perch, she sat down in the grove to keep guard. Already its natural energy was nurturing the air around the space. [break][break] Zachary soon turned to join Aaron as he scouted the place. [break][break] As they returned to that dangerous bridge, Zachary and Dizzy gingerly walking across it while Nyx perched still on Zachary's shoulder. Aaron broke up things by asking more about Zachary, which caught him off guard. "Really? I'm from Johto too! Violet City. Born and Raised. I had wanted to journey there, but my parents insisted I finish school first. After the incident with Rocket there, my parents decided to move and allowed me to go ahead to Hoenn, while they make their way here. They should be finding a place to live here in a month or so..." Zachary trailed, on, but he was a native Johtoian trainer. [break][break] "Hoenn is not bad. Though... I still wanna explore other places too eventually. Like Alola islands and Paldea." he mentioned with a hand behind his head, the Hoothoot giving a confident call as they talked. [break][break] They could freely converse, Zachary being far more open than Aaron more likely was. [break][break]

NOTES

Expedition 2.[break]
Zachary calls Leafeon to guard the camp and help grow the plants. [break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
416 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 1:47:39 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Zach had an idea to how to better defend their campsite. Releasing a Leafeon, the grass type used its power to overgrow the decent amount of foliage around. Even through previous weed free cracks did plants grow. With his clapping in the background, Zach asked his Leafeon to keep Drifblim company. Despite his stoic look, he was quite impressed by the display. Soon they were off again.

The blue haired teenager surprised him in a way. He didn't expect Johto as well. Granted almost on the complete opposite side of it. After some sort of incident with Rocket, they were moving here, it was just finding a place to live. "My parents live in Litteroot. Lilycove is quite lovely as well. My oldest brother still lives in Olivine as a Pokemon therapist, breeder, and who knows what else." He hadn't heard much about anywhere else, or from his oldest brother. Of course, he also didn't pay much attention either. Zach still wanted to explore other places as well. "Same on the exploration part. But Hoenn is...more chaotic than any place has any right to be. You'll see." Ace was already obsessed with strength, but that wasn't the reason for it.

Moving to about where they met the soul marchers last time, they didn't see anything yet. Though Ace did have the suspicion that they were being watched. "Siblings? I have two older brothers. The second one is somewhere in Hoenn. Hopefully in Lilycove..." With his boyfriend. Yes, Aaron got a lot of crap from Keenan about setting them up. While the hope was there, Aaron admitted to no such thing. Whatever happened, happened. But he was happy about things going the right way. The duo moved in the direction where the Soul Marchers ran towards after they beat them up. So far, nothing...not even a peep. Just where did they go? Or what scared them off?

22 cultivate a farm or garden to grow plants for resources or the deterrent of threats. Check

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 3:23:37 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Hoenn was a lot more chaotic than Zachary thought, especially with the wormholes and stuff. Still, no where was 'really' safe nowadays. It came to how smart you were, but most cities were safe. At least, so Zachary hoped. He only hoped his parents adjusted well if they did come here. They soon reached the place where they had last been and teleported away. Luckily nothing was unchanged. [break][break] At the question of his family, Zachary looked to Arron. "Me? No, I'm an only child. " Zachary explained, as they walked along the obscured 'path'. Zachary looked back to Dizzy, who followed them loyally. "The closest thing to a brother, I guess though... is Dizzy. We been together for years now. My parents didn't want me being a trainer when I was younger. " he explained. [break][break] "As you may know, you can become a trainer no earlier than 10 years old, but my parents insisted I stay in school. To their credit-- they were right despite how badly I wanted to be a trainer. They were right in that it gave me more time to think about WHAT I REALLY WANTED to do." he told his story, "But while they did have me stay, they did let me pick my partner Pokemon. It was Dizzy. Even though I couldn't travel, I raised him and took care of him from home while I attended school. We been through a lot just as much." As they talked, Dizzy smiled, reminded by the nice times when he was a little Finniken and how he and Zachary grew up. [break][break] "That was about... 7 years ago now I think," he said. [break][break] As they talked, Zachary's Hoothoot--Nyx-- fluttered in the air, keeping an eye out for any danger from a few feet above. The little owl was adorable how she kept an eye out for them. [break][break]

NOTES

Expedition 2.[break]
Zachary calls Leafeon to guard the camp and help grow the plants. [break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
416 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 1:55:44 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Zach was an only child. Despite his own complaints about his older brothers, Aaron was glad to have them. The closest thing Zach had was a Pokemon. It was subtle, but Zach might have noticed the blonde touch a very particular Pokeball, one that looked older than the rest, even if only slightly due to Aegislash's Pokeball also being on the older side. Aaron let Zach finish before chiming in. "I became a trainer more unofficially earlier than that. Though the circumstances...were not ideal. It was mere days before we moved to Littleroot." A Phantump...the likely soul of his friend that died running away from his kidnapper. The little ghosty even showed them where the kidnapper's place was, and stuck by him every since. Kee took care of his Houndour as soon as they got him one when the guy was ten years old. "We've lived here since I was six...ten years ago already..." It didn't seem like it was that long ago. How time flies, especially since his own journey started two years ago.

It was about this time that his Dragapult got into battle stance. It was faint, but they could hear thumping. Slow and methodical. There was a curve around a mountain they had gotten close to. With a simple a hand gesture towards his dragon, Dragapult zoomed forward and latched onto side of the rockface. Slowly crawling to look around the corner, the pseudo-legendary gave a thumps up sign. Danger wasn't close by. Walking around the cliff face, they could see it down the hill and three platforms off. A Golurk. With a very spiky and bloody shield that it was impaling a lost spirit on. And blocking the way. "Can't say I expected to see that. Should we take care of it now or wait and see if it'll move the other way at that bend?" Ace pointed about halfways between them where there was a bend that took it up and spiril towards the mountain they were on. Chances were that it was extremely tough. And with a brevy of ranged attacks, they could weaken it by the time it arrived. Or even take it down before then if they started now. Alternatively, it could just ignore them completely and go use the bend. but their luck was never that good...it was likely to come right towards them.

22 cultivate a farm or garden to grow plants for resources or the deterrent of threats. Check

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 1:48:03 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It didn't take a Psychic to tell that Aaron's past may of been difficult. There was definitely a sorrow to his tale and his expression as Zachary watched a glance of it in the corner of his eye. He spoke, wanting to ask-- but the sound died in his throat. It was better not to ask. He bit his lip, controlling his curiosity and concern. Some things were best left alone. It wasn't like he didn't have hardships himself. [break][break] Along with the Dragapult-- Nyx soon flew upward, and spotted the giant golem-like Pokemon blocking the way, seemingly thirsty for battle with its club. [break][break] The little owl hooted and quickly flew back down. Concerned, the owl flew and bee-lined right for Zachary, crashing into his arms! The owl was a tizzy, trying to warn them about the giant golem up ahead. "I... take it Nyx found the big thing that scared us off the last time," Zachary stated, seeing how agitated the Hoothoot was. He quickly held Nyx, petting her ruffled feathers to calm down. [break][break] At Aaron's suggestion, Zachary paused. He couldn't see it from the tree coverage well. "Well there is no pokemon center if things go badly. I think it be wiser to be patient than charge in. " he suggested-- if they were that lucky. But odds are they weren't so lucky. [break][break] Dizzy in the back looked forward, worried how they would proceed. Suddenly, his ears perked up-- either by sound or a sensation in the fox's mind. He looked into the dark of the trees. Something bugged the fox as he glared at a shadowy figure there. Or a shadowy something. He didn't speak up, concerned of alerting more dangers... but he glared at it, concerned. Then again... it could of been nothing. Maybe a piggy in there or something. [break][break] The fox continued to stare... as the others talked. [break][break]

NOTES

Expedition 2.[break]
Zachary thinks its wiser to wait. as it may go or may not be violent. [break]
Dizzy notices a suspicious shadow in the trees.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights