VITALS

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 4:16:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]

[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Tapping the side of her nose, Eden smiled softly. "You got it." Referring to her name. "I mean, it's Doctor Hadley, but close enough." She shrugged, and waved a hand through the air, mimicking his earlier dismissal. "Ah, I've... Been." Eden smiled tightly and sat down across from him, pulling out his file and flipping it open on the desk. "So, what can I do for you today?"
[break][break]
She made a jot note - that he was rubbing at his arm, and maybe that was an area of interest for them today. "Take your time, of course. I know one-on-one appointments with doctors can be a bit boring, and make you forget things you mean to say." She smiled over the desk at him, holding her pen poised to take notes.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[attr="class","samnotes"]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost a"] color:#765d75;font-size:11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2019 6:49:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "been, huh?"

fernando questions the non-answer as a gateway for her to explain further but doesn't press it. his curiosity is whimsical at best and he has no intention of prying past anything surface level. "i've been worried about my arm. it's been bothering me since a few months ago and i thought it would go away. it's been long enough that i figured you'd have a better answer than me."

fernando rolls up his sleeve and turns his arm to show the underside of his forearm. the flesh is dyed a bruised purple with the faint outlines of jirachi's wish tag imprinted onto his skin. the designs form an organic tattoo that's faded from the the tag's exertion. in its tattered state there's no way to make out exactly what it is which is why fernando is comfortable revealing it. not even would be able to make out the imprint at this stage.

from a health vantage, the arm is fine if not a little discolored. any pain he feels is phantom, unable to be measured in anything but his own sense. but he doesn't know that.

@bean2

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 4:18:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden nodded to his question for elaboration - but didn't delve into it. "Mhmm." She didn't want to tell him about the wraps compressing her ribs into place, or the pain killers she was on after her father's latest outburst. She smiled tightly and rounded the desk to take a look at his arm, squinting at the odd bruising and light pattern on his arm.
[break][break]
"What happened here, there?" She took his hand and pulled his arm towards herself, peering at the bruising curiously. "Where does it start to hurt?" He fingertips slowly brushed up his arm against the bruise and non-bruised skin, waiting to see if his face gave any indication of discomfort.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 4:47:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"it manifested during the summer, near the end of the aqua festivities. it may be related to tapu fini but i don't know enough about it or the human body to judge. i was hoping you'd be able to rule out one or the other." he tightens his fingers into a fist and the flesh tightens, stretching the marks out. "it doesn't hurt. i just found it weird."

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 22:20:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"Tapu fini?" Eden blinked slowly and let go of his arm, rubbing over her collarbone in thought. "Well, if it doesn't hurt..." Eden gestured to his arm, before going back around to the other side of her desk. "The only thing we can really do is take some x-rays, see if you've damaged the nerves that connect to those tissues... If you have, that could be why you're not feeling pain. I don't know a lot about Tapu Fini, but I can do some research in the meantime, to figure out if it's connected?"
[break][break]
Honestly, Eden was at a loss, as well. She had barely paid attention to the Aqua Festival, too busy with working and school and extra curriculars. Everything seemed to just slip right past her, this summer. "I'll do my best to help, of course." She smiled.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2019 19:30:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Sounds good."

There's not much more Fernando can contribute to the conversation except to concede to the expert. While he hadn't expected a definitive answer, there's some solace in knowing that reporting it early will be documented and lend itself to his credibility. He nods at the suggestion and matches Eden smile with his own, pleasant and cooperative.

"Would it be too much trouble to do it today or is that something I'll have to set an appointment for?"

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2019 1:01:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden smiled softly and shrugged her shoulders, grabbing a clipboard. "I'm sure we can squeeze you in today. Let's go down to that wing of the hospital, figure out if we can get you in next." She gestured for him to follow with her pen as she passed him and opened the office door.
[break][break]
"Did you want me to order a biopsy as well? To make sure there's not any tissue damage, or necrosis?" Eden pointed to his arm as they walked, eyebrows rising. "It's just a small needle and tissue sample."

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 0:21:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Thank you." Fernando complies with her suggestion and stands up after her. She leads the way and he keeps pace with her, curious on her own diagnosis and thought about the phenomenon. The added suggestion of a biopsy for good measure is a pleasant surprise and strengthens his faith in Eden. Covering all grounds is the standard but seeing it in practice warms his cold and calculative heart.

"If you recommend it. I'll have you though, believe it or not, I'm afraid of needles," he jests, lying effortlessly through small, forced conversation.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 0:34:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden smiled and shook her head, holding her clipboard tightly against her chest. "Oh yeah? I’ll be sure to be gentle, then." She said quietly, continuing down the hallway. Of course, she was being playful, but also kept her gaze turned away so it would just seem like typical talk.
[break][break]
"Right this way." Eden gestured through a door as she opened it, giving him a smile. Once they were through, she had him sit in a small area and wait for her to talk to the technicians about getting him in ASAP for an X-ray.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 4:23:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando sits with measured patience as Eden goes off to speak with the necessary technicians. He fumbles with his phone for a moment, checking through his missed messages and his calendar for the rest of the day. He's allotted more than enough time to carry through their little examination but the need to keep current in real time events pricks at him when left alone.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 4:28:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Returning as promptly as she found, Eden placed a small sheet on a clipboard onto the waiting table in front of him, offering him a smile. "Just need you to sign the proper forms, and then they'll be able to get you in after the next person. There's only two other people in the queue, so you came on a good day." She nodded towards the X-ray room, and moved to sit across from him.
[break][break]
"After the X-ray, they'll send you down the hall for the biopsy, I'll be waiting in the operating room for you, okay?" She smiled and stood up. "See you soon." With that, she wandered off to scrub in for his biopsy after the X-ray.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 4:58:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando eyes the clipboard, bringing it up to his face to scour over the words and reading over the fine print. While he doesn't expect anything concerning, a business man knows better to sign forms he doesn't know inside and out. Unfortunately, this means that Eden will have to wait several minutes for him to finish but when the forms check out Fernando signs them with an overly cursive signature.

"I'll see you then, Miss Hadley."

The following routine for the x-ray went relatively well with no distinction between either arm. The bones looks fine and the flesh and blood vessel shows some minor differences. Multiple blood vessels around the scars prove thinner than the rest, operating fine but showing that they function around the lapse in blood flow. Definitely an odd occurrence but not one that prove disastrous. The fact that it shows no behavior despite these findings is surprising but no one is able to make any solid deductions.

Visiting the operating room comes in next and Fernando's just as puzzled, waiting to be called in.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2019 5:09:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

When Fernando arrived in the operating room, Eden smiled as brightly as she could, ignoring the smell of cleansers and the overly-bright fluorescent lighting. "Won't take long, then you'll be on your way." She grabbed the petri dishes that she'd be putting the samples in - one from the purpled tissue, one from his normal tissues - and placed them on a small silver tray that hung over the edge of the operating bed.
[break][break]
"So, I'll apply some localized anesthetic. It won't completely get rid of the sensation, but it'll turn the pain into a dull ache." She took out the small tube of gel and applied it to two spots on his arm. "Let me know when you start to feel pins and needles, and then I'll begin." Eden pulled out two needles, placing them on the silver tray inside their packaging. "I'll use these two needles to draw tissue samples from the afflicted skin, as well as the healthy skin." Explaining it all made the process a bit easier for her to perform.
[break][break]
"Just let me know when you're ready to begin." Behind her, by the doors, her attending doctor was waiting, taking notes of her procedural performance.
[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 5:14:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando's nose crinkles at the sanitary smell, unused to the scent and forcing himself to acclimate himself to the hospital's climate. "Sounds good," he repeats, exposing his arm for her to apply the anesthetic gel. The moment she touches him, he flinches, feigning a characteristic weakness to help paint a better caricature of how he wants to be perceived. The councilman may have a rough exterior but deep down is a man riddled with weaknesses. For the sake of his sociopathic persona, needles is one of them.

A moment of wincing is the offset of the gel taking effect. Fernando looks away and admits to feeling the eerie prickling. He grits his teeth and refuses to look, coughing on purpose to help distract him from the inevitable sensation of steel piercing skin. It's not an unbearable sensation, in fact it's pleasant compared to the scars of his youth, but that doesn't align with his own perception of himself so Fernando continues the act, waiting for her to finish.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2019 5:28:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"Almost done." Eden murmured as she moved the needle, snagging the samples she needed in quick due process. Part of her wondered if he was psyching himself out. Normally, when someone had a fear of needles, it was only accelerated by the actual avoidance and upsetting of the needles.
[break][break]
Once she was done, she extracted the needles effortlessly, and labelled the samples with preprinted labels.
[break][break]
Her hand found a few plasters and cotton balls, placing them over the small wounds. She affixed them in place, and smiled up at Fernando, tilting her head. "You're all done. Should have the results in a few days."

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]