awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2019 7:56:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] the last of his paper work is brushed to the side of his desk as fernando takes his routine break. ten minutes of standing activities after sitting for an hour. a small task but one he holds himself accountable to when given the chance. without any pressing matters, routine settles into a more lax pace where his health comes first. the burden of maintenance and his well-being are left in better hands, tended to by many and translating money into the convenience of not having to be responsible for his own diagnosis. even his doctor goes out of their way to meet with the council man, saving his time and allowing him to abide by the anal tendencies of his midday schedule.

's-someone is here for your physical, mister silph.'

"send them in."

fernando closes his laptop as well before walking around his desk and toward the middle of his empty office. aside from the various decorations scattered around by and @lenora, fernando's office is as mundane as his personality. minimalist is putting it nicely, empty would be more accurate, all hinging on the basis that he doesn't require much more than the basic necessities.

he leans back against the desk, waiting for whoever was sent over to conduct his quarterly physical.

@bean2

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2019 8:05:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]

[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

To say that she was nervous, would be an understatement. It wasn't her first physical by far, but she hadn't done one quite so... high-profile. She sighed and adjusted the bag in her hand as the doctor she was mentoring under led her into the office of the councilman. She licked her lips and peered curiously at a few things on the walls, before skittering behind her mentor as he led her into the office of Fernando Silph.
[break][break]
"Sir, this is Eden Hadley. She'll be doing your physical today under my instruction." The physician said, before stepping back and letting Eden step forward.
[break][break]
She smiled sweetly and stepped forwards, holding out her hand. "Hello, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you don't mind me tagging along." She retracted her hand whether he took it or not, before opening her bag full of medical instruments. "If anything feels strange or uncomfortable, please let me know." She hummed and pulled out her supplies, setting them onto a sterile tray after cleaning up her work space she'd be using with an antibacterial wipe.
[break][break]
"Is there anything I should know health-wise before we start?" She looked up to him expectantly.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[attr="class","samnotes"]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost a"] color:#765d75;font-size:11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2019 8:46:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] oh. a pair? he hadn't expected that but he greets them both with a disarming smile. watching one move behind the other establishes a pecking order and he already assumes what the doctor explains. having a student rather than his actual doctor is perfectly fine with him. anything to help the advancement of medicine. the fact that he gets his physicals more frequent than needed, a personal habit of his due to his own paranoia and need for validation against an early prognosis, grants him the self assured security to have someone else examine him.

"fernando silph. a pleasure, miss hadley." he takes her hand in a firm shake, not too tight, but firm with a decisive shake before breaking. "no, no. i encourage it. live experience is the best way to shape the doctors of tomorrow. i'm in your care."

despite being handled by someone with less experience than what he's used to, fernando has no worries about the process. he's done it more than a dozen times and this will be no different. at least in the grand scheme of things.

"nothing outstanding. i've been eating more protein lately and i feel less stressed. other than that, nothing out of the ordinary."

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2019 2:17:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden smiled and nodded as he told her about his protein intake, his stress. Nothing unusual. She noted it down in his file and flicked her fingers across the screen. ”Alright. I’ll have you sit, then.” She gestured, open-palmed to his seat, and lifted her blood pressure cuff. ”If you could remove one of your arms from your sleeve. Preferably your dominant arm.” She smiled and waited, before sliding the blood pressure cuff onto him.
[break][break]
”We didn’t have the automated one today, so I’ll also be listening to your heart manually.” She pulled on her stethoscope and put it into her ears, warming it on her palm first, before puffing the small rounded end of the instrument up into the puffed-up cuff.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 7:50:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando obeys her instructions and takes a seat in his chair. he rolls up his right sleeve, the same one he always uses, and slips his hand into the cuff. so far so good, nothing unusual, just the standard procedure. the news about having to register his heart beat manual is a new one but he has no concerns over the matter. if anything, it'll be a good experience.

"how many times have you done this for actual patients? is it routine or was there another reason that you didn't bring the automated one?"

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 9:15:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Remaining quiet for the moment as she took his blood pressure, she listened through his talking for his heartbeat, and counted in her head, before pulling away and deflating the cuff. Once she was done, she jotted it down, and looked up at him.
[break][break]
"Ah, we only have so many to use in the field, and since it's later in the day, most of the full-time doctors are already using them." She shrugged, putting the cuff away and holding the stethoscope to her hand to keep it warm. "I'm going to listen to your lungs, now. I'll need a few deep breaths when I say."
[break][break]
Moving closer, she leaned in and pressed the instrument to his chest, looking up at him. "Big breath in, let it out slowly..." She repeated herself as she moved the stethoscope around, before wrapping it to his back. Sounded good.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 13:43:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"ah." a perfectly reasonable answer for a such minuscule question. he watches her prepare the stethoscope and holds steady when she places it against his chest. he takes a long, purposeful inhale and exhaling it the moment he feels his lungs fill. he repeats the motion several times to allow her ample time to assess him. he smiles, looking at her expectantly, anticipating her commenting on his status.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 2:19:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"They sound like strong, healthy lungs." Eden nodded and leaned away from him, keeping her face serious as she tucked away the stethoscope. "When was the last time you had blood tests?" She pulled out a small tube set and looked over his file, tilting her head. "Ah, I just need one vial. You're up to date on everything else." Tucking her pokenav away, she pulled out the packaging for a needle, a small sterilized band, and some individually wrapped cotton balls.
[break][break]
"I'll have you sit with your arm out, facing upwards." She pointed. "Elbow resting on the arm of the chair, nice and loose." She started to tie his arm around the bicep.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 2:27:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "about six months ago, give or take." fernando answers it like he's unsure but he's anything but. he keeps his schedule and data clean. between his various secretaries and his own tendencies for tracking information, it's impossible for him not to keep up to date. it's a practice habit that borders a mild obsession but that's the tenacity required to live along the upper echelon. he's more than inherited money.

fernando places his elbow on the middle of the chair's armrest, uncurling as his arm rests against it. he breaths again, turning away and feigning some coughs — standard practice for those that wish to hide from knowing when the needle pierces flesh.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2019 2:59:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

When he looks away, Eden's stomach swoops a bit. It was sort of sweet that he didn't want to know - but by the time he was done with his fake coughs, she had already collected his blood, curling a label around the vial. "Hold the cotton ball in place, please." She tucked the vial into a safe little container, before grabbing some medical fabric tape to hold down the cotton ball for him.
[break][break]
"Now, your file doesn't say anything about any aches or pains in the last 12 months, and you said you feel fine, but are you sure there's nothing else you'd like to let me know?" She started tucking away her things, but was watching him intently, a small smile curled on her lips.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2019 23:35:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando touches his index and middle finger to the cotton ball, pressing it against his skin to allow the puncture to clot. he keeps his fingers in place until eden starts to bandage him up, allowing her hands to touch his which prompts him to remove his own. he stares at the wrapping for a moment before back at her.

"nothing except for the injuries from the rocket invasion of verdanturf. most of them have healed as expected." his eyes dart to the side for a moment as he tries to stray away from the other topic. "and i've lessened my alcohol intake as the doctor suggested." which means not by a lot. he's still a frequent drinker although his volume is very much controlled.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2019 14:23:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"Well, that's good." Eden read over his file carefully and nodded to herself, taking note of everything he was saying. "Looks like you're well on the mend, at least."
[break][break]
With a gentle sigh, Eden tucked her nav away and smiled up at him, holding out her hand again. "Well, that concludes my part of everything. I'll let the doctor finish you up, and hopefully see you some other time." She stepped away and let the doctor finish up the exam, going over things that Eden hadn't learned in school yet, but was eager to listen to.
[break][break]
Once it was all over, she folded her hands neatly around the handle of her bag, and gave Fernando a little bow. "It was nice to meet you!" She chimed.

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2019 8:53:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "likewise." rather than bow, fernando place his hand forward. a firm handshake does much more for a show of appreciation than a bow. it keeps them on equal levels, despite the varying distance between them in their respective fields. he makes sure to show the doctor the same courtesy before excusing them to take their leave.

their physical goes over the fundamental basics but there's a problem that he's both unaware of and has yet to address.

——

time passes and the ache in his arm starts to manifest. his hypothesis is that it stems from jirachi's corrupted wish tag. without a way to confirm, he presses for an appointment to visit his doctor. this time he'll make the venture out to meet them, preferring to address the issue when his medic is in their most comfortable environment, equipped and proper.

new about aqua fest has come to pass and most of the region knows about silph's new status as the avatar of one of the alolan tapus. he hasn't noticed it having any effect on his body but that's the pretense for today's meeting. the last thing he wants to do is admit to using a power that no one knows that he has. to his surprise, it won't be his doctor meeting him here today.

@bean2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2019 1:28:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden, seated in her attendant's office, was looking over paperwork of different patients, humming to a tune she had playing through her phone - some sort of instrumental, classically inspired - when she heard footsteps coming towards the office.
[break][break]
Looking up, she smiled as a familiar figure stepped to the door. "Ah, Mr. Silph. Nice to see you, again." She stood up, smoothing out the tight black pencil-skirt she was wearing. She usually always wore more form-fitting clothes when she wasn't doing clinical trials, since that was all she had really bought when her parents gave her free reign to buy her own clothes back when she was much younger.
[break][break]
"Have a seat, make yourself comfortable. Do you want some tea, coffee, water?" She asked, rounding the desk to close the door behind him and draw the blinds. "I can have some brought in for you."

[break][break]

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VITALS
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2019 19:02:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "ah, miss hadley? a pleasure to see you again."

silph sounds unsure about her name but it's a common trend among people he's only met once or twice. such a date range between their interactions, laced with the many faces he interacts with on the daily, make it hard to memorize each acquaintance. two or three meetings should suffice, and he makes a note to double back his studying once he's done with today's visit.

fernando takes a seat, upright and proper, smiling as he waves his hand in a dismissive motion. "no, no, i'm fine. thank you though." he rubs his forearm purposefully, putting an emphasis on it as if nervous. "have you been well since the last time i saw you?"

@bean2